You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS?

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
So after a post from yesterday got me thinking.

Why has the RNG  never been updated? even although as tikay and others tell us it is tested everytime there is a software update so why not update the results of the rng test! and if it is tested post it on site? 

If it is not tested with every update how often is it tested?

and if it is tested everytime there is an update why is it not updated on the about us page?

If simple things like this are properly shown/stated on the sites homepage it would stop a lot of the post's we currently have appearing on the forum and also let existing customers know that everything is upto date...

But because there is this one simple bit that has not been updated/changed there will always be room for doubt.

Whats people's thought's on sky's RNG

Comments

• edited May 2015
    I work in IT and have done a bit of programming in the past so heres my thoughts: -

All the testing is done before software go live so before the site went live the testing would have completed.

With a RNG it doesnt change its still random. 

For some courework i wrote some code for a lottery machine that randomly generated numbers between 1 and 49. So if 1 was selected first if couldnt be selected again, exactly like 52 cards.

I wrote this over 10 years ago and it still is random and still works. I suppose the only time it might have to be published is if they have to use a different RNG code because the software isnt compatable with the original. 

Stuarty
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS?:
    So after a post from yesterday got me thinking. Why has the RNG  never been updated? even although as tikay and others tell us it is tested everytime there is a software update so why not update the results of the rng test! and if it is tested post it on site?  If it is not tested with every update how often is it tested? and if it is tested everytime there is an update why is it not updated on the about us page? If simple things like this are properly shown/stated on the sites homepage it would stop a lot of the post's we currently have appearing on the forum and also let existing customers know that everything is upto date... But because there is this one simple bit that has not been updated/changed there will always be room for doubt. Whats people's thought's on sky's RNG
    Posted by churchy18
    My thoughts are that its random. Bit of a clue in the abbreviation.

Expect it from people a sandwich short of a picnic, but not from you. And you play that 4 card game!
  • edited May 2015
    Ahhhh random generator thingie .....now i understand :D

Good post Stuart

Hope your still crushing!

Ger
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS?:
    I work in IT and have done a bit of programming in the past so heres my thoughts: - All the testing is done before software go live so before the site went live the testing would have completed. With a RNG it doesnt change its still random.  For some courework i wrote some code for a lottery machine that randomly generated numbers between 1 and 49. So if 1 was selected first if couldnt be selected again, exactly like 52 cards. I wrote this over 10 years ago and it still is random and still works. I suppose the only time it might have to be published is if they have to use a different RNG code because the software isnt compatable with the original.  Stuarty
    Posted by stuarty117
    exactly
  • edited May 2015
    I work in IT and have done a bit of programming in the past so heres my thoughts: - All the testing is done before software go live so before the site went live the testing would have completed. With a RNG it doesnt change its still random.  For some courework i wrote some code for a lottery machine that randomly generated numbers between 1 and 49. So if 1 was selected first if couldnt be selected again, exactly like 52 cards. I wrote this over 10 years ago and it still is random and still works. I suppose the only time it might have to be published is if they have to use a different RNG code because the software isnt compatable with the original.  Stuarty
    Posted by stuarty117

P.s FEEL THIS IS A FAIR QUESTION NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING BEING RIGGED 

This is kind of the reply i wanted as it was 10 year's ago.. so has programming/software not improved greatly in those ten years?

So if that is the case could/is there not programs that can/could read the old rngs? 

As others have/will say we evolve and learn can other computer programs not do the same?

Also as we have been told on here (the forum) the rng is tested every time there is an update so would it not be beneficial/wise for sky too let the players know that the rng has been updated like the rest of the site/or is it still best that even although the rng gets tested every time the site has software updates we should still think it was last tested 6 years ago?

Just a thought/question after all the is it rigged threads that use the rng as the basis of they're complaints could maybe be stopped if this information was there/updated
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : My thoughts are that its random. Bit of a clue in the abbreviation. Expect it from people a sandwich short of a picnic, but not from you. And you play that 4 card game!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    We both know you hope it comes from people like me:@}

If i really thought it was rigged i would play elsewhere and would not try and contribute too the site like i have been trying too with all my cash donations. your welcome ploppers.

Just feel its a fair question no accusations,complaint's or likewise, just queering why this the 1 main constant in the IS IT RIGGED THREADS that could be so easilly resolved has not been!

p.s i have made some very stupid (wont say daft)comments/posts but we live and learn from our mistakes and try and improve ourselfs and learn from our past mistakes.

And try and give somthing backother than quirky 1 liners (with echoes):@)

Any way all the best anadin ..... easy swallow :@/

• edited May 2015
    Hi Brian

Which RNG do you use to select your starting hands? :-)))

PS
    Thanks for the PM , only just seen it.
    See you later for the Thurs night fun.
  • edited May 2015

Reds under the bed. 
    This is all getting a little wearing. You don't need to be much of a computer programmer to select a random number between 1 and 52. Any GCSE student worth his/her salt could do it in 10 minutes flat.

• edited May 2015
    I'm convinced this hhyyrdtr guy is an undercover mod/wants to be a mod and constantly pressing F5 every two secs as any thread that has a hint of unfairness/corruptness he NEEDS to have his say.

But yeah it's true 6 years for an RNG test is unreal, I went to live chat and they said they do it every year but I doubt that have a clue what they're talking about.
  • edited May 2015
    I'm convinced this hhyyrdtr guy is an undercover mod/wants to be a mod and constantly pressing F5 every two secs as any thread that has a hint of unfairness/corruptness he NEEDS to have his say. But yeah it's true 6 years for an RNG test is unreal, I went to live chat and they said they do it every year but I doubt that have a clue what they're talking about.
    Posted by kebawo
    Very poor read, sir.
  • edited May 2015
    I'm convinced this hhyyrdtr guy is an undercover mod/wants to be a mod and constantly pressing F5 every two secs as any thread that has a hint of unfairness/corruptness he NEEDS to have his say. But yeah it's true 6 years for an RNG test is unreal, I went to live chat and they said they do it every year but I doubt that have a clue what they're talking about.
    Posted by kebawo

ironic

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : ironic  
    Posted by aussie09
    What's ironic? You haven't a clue about any of the code in the RNG only a select few do, yet you continue to brown nose all of the regulars here like they're your second family.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS?:
    So after a post from yesterday got me thinking. Why has the RNG  never been updated? even although as tikay and others tell us it is tested everytime there is a software update so why not update the results of the rng test! and if it is tested post it on site?  If it is not tested with every update how often is it tested? and if it is tested everytime there is an update why is it not updated on the about us page? If simple things like this are properly shown/stated on the sites homepage it would stop a lot of the post's we currently have appearing on the forum and also let existing customers know that everything is upto date... But because there is this one simple bit that has not been updated/changed there will always be room for doubt. Whats people's thought's on sky's RNG
    Posted by churchy18
    Hi Brian,

Guess I'll have to accept the hospital pass, especially as I know your question is well-intended.

Unforch, I don't know the answer to your question, & I can't spend my life forever debating the same things, but I'll give you my take on it.

Sky Poker is part of Sky Betting & Gaming, a company recently sold in a deal which valued it at over £800 million. So I struggle to convince myself they would run the risk of losing their licence by being non-compliant as to RNG.

Late last year, in common with all UK facing Gaming sites, & that includes Poker Sites, they were obliged - it was mandatory - to apply afresh for the new UK Gaming Licence from the Gaming Commission. They received their licence & it remains valid. I don't know the exact process, but I have to ask myself, would the GC award SB&G a Licence if any of the requirements of a Poker Site, such as RNG approval, were not fully in place, & in accordance with the regulatory requirements? And I don't KNOW the answer to that, but my personal guess is no. 

Is the so-called RNG tested every time a new product is introduced? As far as I know, yes. How do I know this? When new Products are being introduced - say the new HTML site 2 or 3 years ago, the Cash Game App, then the MTT & SNG apps, or even new types of MTT, players would often come on the Community & ask for Updates. I would send those questions upstairs, & receive a variety of replies, as appropriate. These often included "all work complete & ready for introduction, now just awaiting AGCC approval". (These new products are hidden behind something called a cat-flap prior to introduction, & then, once everything is ready, are released). 

So that's all I know, & there's my personal take on it. Nothing official, I don't know any more than you, but like any person, I can apply my own reason & logic to it. Everyone, of course, can take their own & quite possibly different view.

If anyone feels there is something inherently improper about any poker site, they have plenty of choice.

Incidentally, the cheapo brand petrol station round the corner to me got caught short-changing petrol at the pumps. I've no idea how long they were doing it, but I daresay I got caught, as did everyone else. Nicking 5% of every gallon sold must have been pretty lucrative. So I stopped going there, & I guess everyone else did, word soon gets round, as it closed down shortly after it was prosecuted.

As to convincing doubters, well that's not going to work, ever, & they are perfectly entitled to question anything. Some people are never going to accept it, & that's just the way it is. No problem with that. Every single poker site, the mighty 'Stars included, are regularly accused of malpractice. 

That's the best answer I can give. If you don't mind, I don't plan to keep debating this back & forth for ever more, life's too short.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : What's ironic? You haven't a clue about any of the code in the RNG only a select few do, yet you continue to brown nose all of the regulars here like they're your second family.
    Posted by kebawo

i see that you missed the point. 

ps.  your retort is childish.
    pps.  are you still posting after yesterday's debacle?
    ppps.  your posts on other forums show your paranoia.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : Hi Brian, Guess I'll have to accept the hospital pass, especially as I know your question is well-intended.   Unforch, I don't know the answer to your question, & I can't spend my life forever debating the same things, but I'll give you my take on it.   Sky Poker is part of Sky Betting & Gaming, a company recently sold in a deal which valued it at over £800 million. So I struggle to convince myself they would run the risk of losing their licence by being non-compliant as to RNG.   Late last year, in common with all UK facing Gaming sites, & that includes Poker Sites, they were obliged - it was mandatory - to apply afresh for the new UK Gaming Licence from the Gaming Commission. They received their licence & it remains valid. I don't know the exact process, but I have to ask myself, would the GC award SB&G a Licence if any of the requirements of a Poker Site, such as RNG approval, were not fully in place, & in accordance with the regulatory requirements? And I don't KNOW the answer to that, but my personal guess is no.  Is the so-called RNG tested every time a new product is introduced? As far as I know, yes. How do I know this? When new Products are being introduced - say the new HTML site 2 or 3 years ago, the Cash Game App, then the MTT & SNG apps, or even new types of MTT, players would often come on the Community & ask for Updates. I would send those questions upstairs, & receive a variety of replies, as appropriate. These often included "all work complete & ready for introduction, now just awaiting AGCC approval". (These new products are hidden behind something called a cat-flap prior to introduction, & then, once everything is ready, are released).  So that's all I know, & there's my personal take on it. Nothing official, I don't know any more than you, but like any person, I can apply my own reason & logic to it. Everyone, of course, can take their own & quite possibly different view.   If anyone feels there is something inherently improper about any poker site, they have plenty of choice. Incidentally, the cheapo brand petrol station round the corner to me got caught short-changing petrol at the pumps. I've no idea how long they were doing it, but I daresay I got caught, as did everyone else. Nicking 5% of every gallon sold must have been pretty lucrative. So I stopped going there, & I guess everyone else did, word soon gets round, as it closed down shortly after it was prosecuted. As to convincing doubters, well that's not going to work, ever, & they are perfectly entitled to question anything. Some people are never going to accept it, & that's just the way it is. No problem with that. Every single poker site, the mighty 'Stars included, are regularly accused of malpractice.  That's the best answer I can give. If you don't mind, I don't plan to keep debating this back & forth for ever more, life's too short.        
    Posted by Tikay10

So in other words if you don't fully trust the RNG you can **** off to another site? Very nice marketing.

• edited May 2015
    Posted by kebawo
    he would squash a scooter, so defo not a mod... round enough to be a rocker tho :)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : So in other words if you don't fully trust the RNG you can **** off to another site? Very nice marketing.
    Posted by kebawo

as this is how you interpret it, act now.  go, go.  run like the wind, child.  go.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : this is it.  now act and do as you've interpreted it.  
    Posted by aussie09
    I'm asking tikay not some 6k post random brown noser that feels lonely enough to join a clique on a online forum.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : he would squash a scooter, so defo not a mod... round enough to be a rocker tho :)
    Posted by samantha25
    Very droll.

Pretty clever for you.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : I'm asking tikay not some 6k post random brown noser that feels lonely enough to join a clique on a online forum.
    Posted by kebawo

are you...?

very young
    immature
    an ex-account holder on skypoker
    someone who never plays very well
    certain that you are better than average
    paranoid
    a sufferer from road rage
    multi-accounting
    called "dodevu" elsewhere
    male
    unloved
    single

just guessing  ;-)

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : I'm asking tikay not some 6k post random brown noser that feels lonely enough to join a clique on a online forum.
    Posted by kebawo
    You're not asking at all.

You're actually just being rude and ignorant.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : Very droll. Pretty clever for you.
    Posted by Slipwater
    from a 't' to a 'd'... who'da funk it :)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : You're not asking at all. You're actually just being rude and ignorant.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Because whenever it's brought up it's always "omaghaad i haf no time lifes too short yolo" yet like the op said if they just updated the site alot of this wouldn't be happening.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : are you...? very young immature an ex-account holder on skypoker someone who never plays very well certain that you are better than average paranoid a sufferer from road rage multi-accounting called "dodevu" elsewhere male unloved single just guessing  ;-)  
    Posted by aussie09
    I am 5 of those aussie :)
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by kebawo
    Why is he not banned?

Look i never meant it in anyway as a dig at sky and hopefully people realise that.

Just feel that by leaving it as is always leaves the door open for people like kebawo and others.

Cheers vespa good luck tonight and i use different rngs some nights its the stella rng others is the glenmorangie rng but all work just as bad as my play :@P
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by kebawo
    "Been thinking of joining skypoker after a few referalls from friends and I've finally joined, haven't played a game yet and just been researching the site etc and I just have a few questions..."

So have you decided whether to play on here or not?
    What do your "friends" think of your well researched analysis of the site?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : Because whenever it's brought up it's always "omaghaad i haf no time lifes too short yolo" yet like the op said if they just updated the site alot of this wouldn't be happening.
    Posted by kebawo
    That's because life is too short. Anyone who has played the game long enough has heard these things over and over and over again.

Play elsewhere if you think it's rigged.

Stay if you don't.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SKY'S RNG TESTED? WHO KNOWS? : I am 5 of those aussie :)
    Posted by samantha25

ah...

immature
    someone who never plays very well
    certain that you are better than average
    a sufferer from road rage
    male

• edited May 2015
    Can you 100% say that you trust skys RNG then?

I mean life is too short if you're in a manual labour job working 50-60 hours a week, but if you're sat on a chair as an 'analyst' talking bolox for a few hours a day then play a few rounds of golf then it's not too bad.