You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i'm leaving the forum

edited June 2015 in Poker Chat
In Response to i'm leaving the forum:
i have had a post removed twice.  i do not agree that it should have been. i choose not to participate here as a result and will no longer post. good luck all.
Posted by aussie09
I do not know the rights & wrongs relating to this.

i do know that I value your contributions, and hope that you will reconsider.

Comments

• edited June 2015

i have had a post removed twice. 

i do not agree that it should have been.

i choose not to participate here as a result and will no longer post.

good luck all.
  • edited May 2015
    i have had a post removed twice.  i do not agree that it should have been. i choose not to participate here as a result and will no longer post. good luck all.
    Posted by aussie09
    Hey Aussie, you have done a lot of great stuff on the forum so a big thank you for all you have done ever since I've been on the forum. Fwiw a lot of longstanding posters are posting a lot less, not at all anymore either, all the bestfor the future, poker and otherwise. 
  • edited May 2015
    Does anyone know what the world record for dummy spitting actually is?
  • edited May 2015
    I think it is 5.67m.

The forum is in decline and will be much the worse if regular contributors of interesting threads like Aussie's no longer post.
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by aussie09
    oo-er

death by repeated posting

reposting something that has been mod deleted can be a bannable offence

hope it's not that serious as it's easier to un-choose not to partipate than to un-ban oneself

and in general it's been good having you around

but rules are rules

#sigh
  • edited May 2015
    I hope you re-consider my good man, your posts and leaderboards have been one of the first I read every day in the hope that some day i may get on them, you have been a massive help to many folk on here including Sky themselves, it sometimes feels un-justified to be moderated in this way,I don't know the details but I am sure you have your reasons,good luck in your future on and off the tables and forum.
  • edited May 2015
    well said tom i too hope you reconsider aussie best wishes TTT
  • edited May 2015
    Rob

If you had a post deleted that was your OP then you should have had a PM explaining why.

If you quoted a reply to an OP, where that OP was considered unsuitable, then your response may well of been deleted as it quoted the unsuitable OP, we have no way of editing a reply, only the OP.

Yesterday there were several trolling posts that were removed, one for linking to another poker forum that questioned Sky's integrity, if you had quoted any of those posts then it is possible they were removed.

Also, if the player that posted the OP was given a Block User then that entire post disappears and with it all the responses whether they were good legit responses or not.

I suspect your valued responses were victim of one of these scenarios, I certainly did not see anything from you that was out of line and you would have had a PM if that was the case.

Dave
  • edited May 2015
    Don't go dude!
  • edited May 2015
    I, too, once had a post deleted because I quoted an unsuitable post. I understood and accepted the reasons for it. I suspect that you have fallen victim to the same scenario. Don't let it get to you Aussie. I, and I'm sure many others, always read and appreciate your contributions to the forum.

Please reconsider your decision.

All the best

Ian
  • edited May 2015
    aussie don't go mate il love reading u post and leagues. sky what are u doing loosing u strong client base for the forum absolutory idiotic. 
  • edited May 2015
    I take that your referring to the advice to newbies thread Rob.

If so, then I read it this morning, and was going to respond to it myself, hopefully in the same tongue in cheek manner that you employed.

If it was that thread, then I might be lucky that I didn't, I might have been in hot water myself.  I don't know the reason it was removed, as I only read the OP, and didn't see if there were any subsequent posts.  If it is any consolation, I thought it was very humorous.

I, like others, think the forum would be a much duller, and much more uninformed place, if you stop posting.

I thoroughly respect your decision either way, but I would urge a re-think.

Craig
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: i'm leaving the forum:
    Don't go dude!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    +1

such an invaluable contributor to the forum, the hours of work and dedication you display are more than admirable.

I sincerely hope that there has been some kind of miss-understanding or that this issue can be amicably resolved.

Regards James
  • edited May 2015
    I await the irony of IDCU posting on this thread.
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by aussie09
    This is devastating news

You are a pillar of the community Sir.

I respect your decision but would hope the situation can be resolved.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  • edited May 2015
    Hey Aussie m8, really hope you don't leave. It's guys like yourself who make this community worthwhile.
    I don't know what's happenend, but in any such case in life I always say to try to be the better person and good things will happen.
    Ofc the decision is yours and I wish you nothing but the best!
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by aussie09
    Since I've been been playing on the site

You've been a legend!

Most of the quips you've made have been genius.

Who didn't appreciate your Jackpot possibles on the show threads?

And when you made Team Sky Poker who wasn't chuffed to nuts for you?

Not only that, you took part and cashed in most of Sky's big tournaments!!

I salute you Rob! its been a pleasure reading your posts over the years!

Good luck in whatever you do, and wherever you do it!!!

• edited May 2015
    In Response to i'm leaving the forum : This is devastating news You are a pillar of the community Sir. I respect your decision but would hope the situation can be resolved. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Posted by zadoc
    Have you seen the news lately?

Regrettable definitely,devastating not so much.
  • edited May 2015
    don't leave you have been one of the best contibuters on here.. At least find out for sure what happened first
  • edited May 2015
    Yep hope you reconsider aussie, your posts are very good imo.

Ger
  • edited May 2015
    Yep hope you reconsider aussie, your posts are very good imo. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    +1

Definitely one of the top contributors to this forum. The work you put into the leagues is outstanding and much appreciated by all.

But to leave because a couple of posts were deleted? Really?? Come on Aussie, man up!
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: i'm leaving the forum : Have you seen the news lately? Regrettable definitely,devastating not so much.
    Posted by chrispip
    where have you been all this time
    more Chrispips needed on the forum 
  • edited May 2015
    I dont post on the forum often, but i do read them often, and have to say that i always enjoy reading your posts and the tables you put together are really amazing considering you do it off your own back. I hope this is a misunderstanding and that you will continue, but if you dont many thanks for all you have done.
  • edited May 2015

Rob....hope you can pull your head back in from your behind soon. You are one of the forum contributers who actually contribute good stuff to the forum and one of the old skool here! Please reconsider after a time of reflexion. We dont want this forum to be taken over by them pesky trolls!

....or is this because I am still in the top 100 and you head has exploded?.

Take care mate.
  • edited May 2015
    I agree with all the other posts.
    I enjoy your posts, find them well thought out and written
    deep breath mate, hope you reconsider
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by aussie09

Wow ott or what ?
    Grow a pair .

Saying that , this forum needs you .

Mods you seriously need to rethink your approach to shrinking this forum to a non existing place .

• edited May 2015
    rob,please reconsider,your a mans man,dont let pettyness get in the way
  • edited May 2015
    Rob,please don't go at least in my life time,there was no one like you on this forum,so don't go away please stay,if you do leave i wish you the best,i think by now you may reconsider by how many people who have posted on this thread, so stay please, regards paige