You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i'm leaving the forum

2»

Comments

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: i'm leaving the forum:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w1TzLR2tYc
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Hahahaha class.

Big plus 1 from me and prob a lot of others feeling the same mate.

• edited May 2015
    Am I the only one that thought aussie's OP was sarcastic and that he isn't really thinking of leaving? :S
  • edited May 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w1TzLR2tYc
    Posted by Ice_Tiger

f3ck i just had to click on the link. I HATE THAT SONG!

• edited May 2015
    Interestingly being one of the top if not the top contributor to the forum is not a great reason to stay. Of course it would benefit a lot people if you did. It's a bit like riding one of those bikes with ten seats and after a few miles you look round and you're the only one still pedalling. Not saying this is directly related to Aussie's reasons, more a musing after reading a few posts.
  • edited May 2015
    Am I the only one that thought aussie's OP was sarcastic and that he isn't really thinking of leaving? :S
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I took it at face value tbh. well it was more the lack of a face i suppose.

That along with recent threads and tone of certain posts.

Hope im wrong though, hid contribution and dedication is second to none imo
  • edited May 2015
    am leaving on a jet plane dont know when il b back again
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Sadly, Tennis Bloke, that's not the case.

I don't intend to go into detail, these things are best served being dealt with quietly. However, The Business & Rob, & myself & The Business, are doing a sort of e-mail version of shuttle diplomacy, trying to resolve an awkward situation. I know this because Rob copied me in on his replies. I have also discussed it with The Business. At a guess, 10 or 12 e-Mails about it went back & forth yesterday.

It's the weekend now, so I doubt much more will happen before Monday. I hope it gets resolved, & if I can assist in doing so, I will.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: i'm leaving the forum : Sadly, Tennis Bloke, that's not the case. I don't intend to go into detail, these things are best served being dealt with quietly. However, The Business & Rob, & myself & The Business, are doing a sort of e-mail version of shuttle diplomacy, trying to resolve an awkward situation. I know this because Rob copied me in on his replies. I have also discussed it with The Business. At a guess, 10 or 12 e-Mails about it went back & forth yesterday. It's the weekend now, so I doubt much more will happen before Monday. I hope it gets resolved, & if I can assist in doing so, I will.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay, even though we haven't really spoken, and used to watch you on TV back in the days, I have a massive respect for you. You Sir are diplomacy personified. You do a fantastic job and go above and beyond to sort things out and making it reconsilable. I really hope that this issue does get sorted out and Aussie after some time out from the forum will come back and continue the good work he has done on here. It really would be a shame if he didn't.

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
  • edited May 2015
    Just caught up with this having been away for a while. The place wont be the same without you Mr Aussie, please reconsider ;-)
  • edited May 2015
    Come baaaaaaaaaaack

I forgive you!

• edited May 2015
    Hey Rob,

I hope that a solution is found soon.

GL
  • edited May 2015
    A Sky Wild Card Vegas Package + Rob's Bar Bill paid for the duration. 
    Would seem the most obvious solution IMO

Mind you I don't think Sky could afford the Bar Bill

LOL
  • edited May 2015
    no clue what this is about but (given how much you've brought to the community) it would be awful if you left...

• edited May 2015
    Stay away and dont come back.

(reverse psychology)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to i'm leaving the forum:
    i have had a post removed twice.  i do not agree that it should have been. i choose not to participate here as a result and will no longer post. good luck all.
    Posted by aussie09

Instead i will just make up a website  and do it all there:@}

• edited May 2015
    In Response to i'm leaving the forum : Instead i will just make up a website  and do it all there:@} http://www.skypokerplayer.com/home.html
    Posted by churchy18
    whooooa cool site,its a shame ill never feature :)
  • edited May 2015
    Dear Sky

Post so rarely now......in fact on this site rarely.....but something must be amiss if Rob feels like he needs to go.....no idea why and don't want to know.......but there are obviously BIG problems here.......last one standing switch the lights out and close the door......
  • edited May 2015
    Dear Sky Post so rarely now......in fact on this site rarely.....but something must be amiss if Rob feels like he needs to go.....no idea why and don't want to know.......but there are obviously BIG problems here.......last one standing switch the lights out and close the door......
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    Firstly I like Rob and enjoyed his tables.

Rob had a disagreement and decided rather than accept sky's decision and move on he decided he needed to leave. Everyone can make their own decision but as a number of people have stated it seems like an overreaction from Rob. You will always get some people posting less or not at all and new people coming on the forum. Given the increase in Skype/facebook use its not surprising that forum activity is on the decline on all poker forums not just sky's.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: i'm leaving the forum : Firstly I like Rob and enjoyed his tables. Rob had a disagreement and decided rather than accept sky's decision and move on he decided he needed to leave. Everyone can make their own decision but as a number of people have stated it seems like an overreaction from Rob. You will always get some people posting less or not at all and new people coming on the forum. Given the increase in Skype/facebook use its not surprising that forum activity is on the decline on all poker forums not just sky's.
    Posted by MattBates

thanks matt.  i appreciate those comments.

the comments on this thread have been very kind and it has been hard not to respond and say thanks.

i am here only to ensure that people understand things correctly.  i accepted skypoker's decision to delete my thread, which was a parody of new posters on the forum offering the flood of newbies a template for their first post. 

i acknowledge that it is skypoker's right to decide things as they see fit.  however, and consequently, my decision is whether i wish to continue posting.  it was simple principle really, not an over-reaction.  i had to make a decision whether it was ok, or not.  then, if it was not ok, do i do something or not?

i will post the original thread on facebook.  you can judge.

i remain a supporter of skypoker and play here and nowhere else.

right, i am away again.

• edited May 2015
    Hope you did not mind me posting it here aussie i know that there was a few people missing your tables and leaderboards 

Its a great wee site like stokefc i don't think i will never appear there myself but still like having a look at others results

All the best with it.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: i'm leaving the forum:
    In Response to Re: i'm leaving the forum : thanks matt.  i appreciate those comments. the comments on this thread have been very kind and it has been hard not to respond and say thanks. i am here only to ensure that people understand things correctly.  i accepted skypoker's decision to delete my thread, which was a parody of new posters on the forum offering the flood of newbies a template for their first post.  i acknowledge that it is skypoker's right to decide things as they see fit.  however, and consequently, my decision is whether i wish to continue posting.  it was simple principle really, not an over-reaction.  i had to make a decision whether it was ok, or not.  then, if it was not ok, do i do something or not? i will post the original thread on facebook.  you can judge. i remain a supporter of skypoker and play here and nowhere else. right, i am away again.
    Posted by aussie09
    Don't burn any bridges aussie. I once got so pee'd off with trolling on this forum that I self-excluded myself for 6 months. However, I'm now enjoying skypoker more than ever.
    It will all seem different given time.

• edited May 2015
    Will miss your posts.
  • edited May 2015
    Rob, you're a mainstay of the forum and will be greatly missed here.

Hope you reconsider.

Simon
  • edited June 2015

thank you for all your comments.  all are very much appreciated.