You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anyone else feeling a little uneasy?

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
DoyleBrun6560001£100JJJOHNSON02£70chefo03£6067Bhoys04£50ubeenpwned05£50Monkeypool06£40KENNY220107£40GaryQQQ08£40pigeon100109£40dragon1964010£20jonjo75011£20ynwa197525012£20alanna701013£20standam221014£20Chel2310015£20BOBTHEBEAR016£20tsarina017£20rusty157018£20D0om3d1Tym019£20989020£20Bridge28021£10ANTC4022£10speedboat023£10LTY024£10smoki3025£10poshcole026£10lizhard027£10truly56028£10thefa1lacy029£10errantknig030£10hotflush67031£10BERTIE2009032£10smith1408033£10spike54034£10
This is the results from tonight's mayhem, which I was fortunate enough to get to the final table.

During the latter stages, I noticed that 2 players that had been at the centre of a thread that was taken down by Sky Dan, where in the top 35.

In this thread, one player used another players account to reply on a thread that they had originally posted in another name.  Having realised the error, they quickly deleted the post, but not before myself and another regular forum poster saw it.  Subsequent posts were deleted on the same day by Sky Dan.

Furthermore, it may have been a response to these posts, that was the cause of Aussie09 deciding that he would quit the forum.  This is only speculation on my part.

I would like to know if this matter is under investigation, as it leaves me feeling a little uneasy, when I see both names in the latter stages of a tournament.

Craig

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Firstly, was a pleasure to play with you Craig, sadly lost the HU match with Doyle but was great fun. Secondly, I did not see these posts but pretty sure was nothing to do with Aussie's departure. From what i saw his post that was deleted was a template taking the mick of all the new posters claiming that sky's RNG was rigged whilst multiaccounting. It was quite funny tbh wish i had a screenshot
    Btw pretty thin brag from both of us for FT a freeroll ;)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Anyone else feeling a little uneasy?:
    DoyleBrun 656000 1 £100 JJJOHNSON 0 2 £70 chefo 0 3 £60 67Bhoys 0 4 £50 ubeenpwned 0 5 £50 Monkeypool 0 6 £40 KENNY2201 0 7 £40 GaryQQQ 0 8 £40 pigeon1001 0 9 £40 dragon1964 0 10 £20 jonjo75 0 11 £20 ynwa197525 0 12 £20 alanna701 0 13 £20 standam221 0 14 £20 Chel2310 0 15 £20 BOBTHEBEAR 0 16 £20 tsarina 0 17 £20 rusty157 0 18 £20 D0om3d1Tym 0 19 £20 989 0 20 £20 Bridge28 0 21 £10 ANTC4 0 22 £10 speedboat 0 23 £10 LTY 0 24 £10 smoki3 0 25 £10 poshcole 0 26 £10 lizhard 0 27 £10 truly56 0 28 £10 thefa1lacy 0 29 £10 errantknig 0 30 £10 hotflush67 0 31 £10 BERTIE2009 0 32 £10 smith1408 0 33 £10 spike54 0 34 £10 This is the results from tonight's mayhem, which I was fortunate enough to get to the final table. During the latter stages, I noticed that 2 players that had been at the centre of a thread that was taken down by Sky Dan, where in the top 35. In this thread, one player used another players account to reply on a thread that they had originally posted in another name.  Having realised the error, they quickly deleted the post, but not before myself and another regular forum poster saw it.  Subsequent posts were deleted on the same day by Sky Dan. Furthermore, it may have been a response to these posts, that was the cause of Aussie09 deciding that he would quit the forum.  This is only speculation on my part. I would like to know if this matter is under investigation, as it leaves me feeling a little uneasy, when I see both names in the latter stages of a tournament. Craig
    Posted by 67Bhoys

Firstly congrats on your cash, well done!
    But with regards to your post maybe cc would be a better approach?
    I also saw what unfolded yesterday regarding the 2 in question, seemed a slam dunk imo but there is also the "innocent until proven guilty" which we have to respect.
    Maybe a temporary suspension from Sky would have been in order but let them do their job and I'm sure the outcome will be the correct one as they have so much more information than you and I.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Anyone else feeling a little uneasy?:
    In Response to Anyone else feeling a little uneasy? : Firstly congrats on your cash, well done! But with regards to your post maybe cc would be a better approach? I also saw what unfolded yesterday regarding the 2 in question, seemed a slam dunk imo but there is also the "innocent until proven guilty" which we have to respect. Maybe a temporary suspension from Sky would have been in order but let them do their job and I'm sure the outcome will be the correct one as they have so much more information than you and I.
    Posted by Snuffer
    I certainly hope your right, and that it is being investigated Snuffer.  I agree innocent until proven guilty too.  But I have to say I was still a little uneasy.  I was glad they never appeared on any of my tables.
  • edited May 2015
    Was a little surprised to see the names still on the leaderboard but hopefully Sky just going through their procedures.

PS

Best of luck to all still in the running. Great promo
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Anyone else feeling a little uneasy? : I certainly hope your right, and that it is being investigated Snuffer.  I agree innocent until proven guilty too.  But I have to say I was still a little uneasy.  I was glad they never appeared on any of my tables.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    changes the dynamic of the whole event for those knocked out by said 'players'
  • edited May 2015
    I cannot make judgement on wether this is a case of multi-accounting.  I know I was one of only a couple of people who actually read the post before it was quickly deleted.  I have my own opinion, but it is not my opinion that counts.

As a player, I would just like to know that it is being investigated.  I do not know if Sky have records of deleted posts, I assume that they do. 

At this moment in time, we the players are in the dark.  We do not know if there is an investigation, if there is not an investigation or there has been an investigation and it has been completed. 

The last communication we have from sky is:

"Thank you to those of you who were being observant.
    I am all for having fair debates about absolutely anything but if we deem it be any kind of trolling, we will just close the thread. Like I am doing now."

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Anyone else feeling a little uneasy?:
    DoyleBrun 656000 1 £100 JJJOHNSON 0 2 £70 chefo 0 3 £60 67Bhoys 0 4 £50 ubeenpwned 0 5 £50 Monkeypool 0 6 £40 KENNY2201 0 7 £40 GaryQQQ 0 8 £40 pigeon1001 0 9 £40 dragon1964 0 10 £20 jonjo75 0 11 £20 ynwa197525 0 12 £20 alanna701 0 13 £20 standam221 0 14 £20 Chel2310 0 15 £20 BOBTHEBEAR 0 16 £20 tsarina 0 17 £20 rusty157 0 18 £20 D0om3d1Tym 0 19 £20 989 0 20 £20 Bridge28 0 21 £10 ANTC4 0 22 £10 speedboat 0 23 £10 LTY 0 24 £10 smoki3 0 25 £10 poshcole 0 26 £10 lizhard 0 27 £10 truly56 0 28 £10 thefa1lacy 0 29 £10 errantknig 0 30 £10 hotflush67 0 31 £10 BERTIE2009 0 32 £10 smith1408 0 33 £10 spike54 0 34 £10 This is the results from tonight's mayhem, which I was fortunate enough to get to the final table. During the latter stages, I noticed that 2 players that had been at the centre of a thread that was taken down by Sky Dan, where in the top 35. In this thread, one player used another players account to reply on a thread that they had originally posted in another name.  Having realised the error, they quickly deleted the post, but not before myself and another regular forum poster saw it.  Subsequent posts were deleted on the same day by Sky Dan. Furthermore, it may have been a response to these posts, that was the cause of Aussie09 deciding that he would quit the forum.  This is only speculation on my part. I would like to know if this matter is under investigation, as it leaves me feeling a little uneasy, when I see both names in the latter stages of a tournament. Craig
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    I understand why you may have had concerns after what happened during the week but I cannot divulge what happened - all I can tell you is that we have a list of players that we will continue to monitor, and if we deem there to be a problem then we will take necessary action.

I'm on the ball don't worry.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Anyone else feeling a little uneasy? : I understand why you may have had concerns after what happened during the week but I cannot divulge what happened - all I can tell you is that we have a list of players that we will continue to monitor, and if we deem there to be a problem then we will take necessary action. I'm on the ball don't worry.
    Posted by Sky_Dan

never mind that Dan, how did you get on with the dealer? ;-)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Anyone else feeling a little uneasy? : I understand why you may have had concerns after what happened during the week but I cannot divulge what happened - all I can tell you is that we have a list of players that we will continue to monitor, and if we deem there to be a problem then we will take necessary action. I'm on the ball don't worry.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    This might answer your question Hendo.
  • edited May 2015

Sorry I just assumed said dealer was female.......

• edited May 2015
    Sorry I just assumed said dealer was female.......
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Why are you even assuming Dan is male. It's short for Danielle, no?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Anyone else feeling a little uneasy? : Why are you even assuming Dan is male. It's short for Danielle, no?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Fair point, profile pics can be misleading, perhaps danielle took her pic after a particularly hard weekend :-)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Anyone else feeling a little uneasy? : Why are you even assuming Dan is male. It's short for Danielle, no?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Judging by 'his' profile pic/avatar on the forum.... if it's a woman then she aint much of a looker ;)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Anyone else feeling a little uneasy? : Judging by 'his' profile pic/avatar on the forum.... if it's a woman then she aint much of a looker ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    That would explain the dealer's reluctance to go out with him/her/it.
  • edited May 2015
     Hi Bhoys, Congrats on reaching the f/t last night.
                       from truly56
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Anyone else feeling a little uneasy? : Judging by 'his' profile pic/avatar on the forum.... if it's a woman then she aint much of a looker ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    I don't know, a little make up, a wonderbra, subdued lighting.......
  • edited May 2015
     Hi Bhoys, Congrats on reaching the f/t last night.                    from truly56
    Posted by truly56
    Hi Truly thank you.

Good luck tonight.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Anyone else feeling a little uneasy? : Fair point, profile pics can be misleading, perhaps danielle took her pic after a particularly hard weekend :-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Too true as you told me Hendo 
  • edited May 2015
    Both on my table now

Since the other has joined my table, he is now away, 
  • edited May 2015
    on my table last night and tonight, have to be honest, kinda spoiled it for me. real shame its such a great promo.
  • edited May 2015
    well i knocked one of them out
  • edited May 2015
    Somebody mentioned, 'innocent until proven guilty' and I agree. There are cases that may appear to be blindingly obvious to some but trust me, we will not ignore any issues of potential multi-accounting or any other collusion and investigations may still be ongoing.

Hope you've all had a great weekend. I will update you on dealer progress in the appropriate thread!
  • edited May 2015
    on my table last night and tonight, have to be honest, kinda spoiled it for me. real shame its such a great promo.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Hendo noooooooooooooooo don't let it spoil it my silent assassin ;)
     Don't forget you gotta try and lop my head off still, catch me if you can :P lol
  • edited May 2015
    Morning everyone.

First of all can I please clarify that I understand why some of you feel perturbed about this. But I cannot discuss individual cases with you as I'm sure you understand.

Our intention is not to sweep issues like this under the carpet - far from it. We know that there will always be a small percentage of players who will try to gain an unfair advantage, be it through multi-accounting, chip-dumping or any other form of collusion, and I am keeping a close eye on the forum every day to make sure that any allegations are investigated fully. Sometimes these investigations may take a number of days to complete, and 'innocent until proven guilty' is certainly how I think all players should be judged.

I know that what happened last week might seem blatantly obvious to some of you. But as an example, let's say you and your brother both play on Sky Poker. You both like playing tournaments and take no greater pleasure than knocking the other one out. One day you post on the forum, but lose your internet connection. When you log back in you login using your brother's account by mistake and post something using his details. You quickly delete it but other players see it and (understandably) suspect that you are multi-accounting. 

Is it right that we suspend your account straight away? Should we not speak to you both first and then investigate your hand history/games played together?

I am not saying that this is what happened, I'm just trying to make it clear that one action alone is not enough to make decision. There are other things that need to be investigated which takes time.

When our investigation is complete we may decide to ban players outright, we may decide to block them from sitting at the same table or we may decide to do nothing whatsoever. It depends on each individual case. As I've said before it doesn't matter if you're a player with 5000 posts, a player winning thousands of pounds or a new customer who joined last week - every player is treated the same as far as I'm concerned with regards to collusion.

The matter in question is being dealt with. Thank you for your patience and good luck at the tables.

Dan

• edited May 2015
    Morning everyone. First of all can I please clarify that I understand why some of you feel perturbed about this. But I cannot discuss individual cases with you as I'm sure you understand. Our intention is not to sweep issues like this under the carpet - far from it. We know that there will always be a small percentage of players who will try to gain an unfair advantage, be it through multi-accounting, chip-dumping or any other form of collusion, and I am keeping a close eye on the forum every day to make sure that any allegations are investigated fully. Sometimes these investigations may take a number of days to complete, and 'innocent until proven guilty' is certainly how I think all players should be judged. I know that what happened last week might seem blatantly obvious to some of you. But as an example, let's say you and your brother both play on Sky Poker. You both like playing tournaments and take no greater pleasure than knocking the other one out. One day you post on the forum, but lose your internet connection. When you log back in you login using your brother's account by mistake and post something using his details. You quickly delete it but other players see it and (understandably) suspect that you are multi-accounting.  Is it right that we suspend your account straight away? Should we not speak to you both first and then investigate your hand history/games played together? I am not saying that this is what happened, I'm just trying to make it clear that one action alone is not enough to make decision. There are other things that need to be investigated which takes time. When our investigation is complete we may decide to ban players outright, we may decide to block them from sitting at the same table or we may decide to do nothing whatsoever. It depends on each individual case. As I've said before it doesn't matter if you're a player with 5000 posts, a player winning thousands of pounds or a new customer who joined last week - every player is treated the same as far as I'm concerned with regards to collusion. The matter in question is being dealt with. Thank you for your patience and good luck at the tables. Dan
    Posted by Sky_Dan
       Hi Dan, just wondering how one can do this?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Anyone else feeling a little uneasy? :    Hi Dan, just wondering how one can do this?
    Posted by pomfrittes
    i know my brothers account details,hes played at my house a few times,but would never use his account mistakely or on purpose so it can be done.,
    looking at antc post his missus was annoyed that the other two players admitted that they were gonna knock her out so used his account to highlight the issue.
    think it has been resolved now :)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Anyone else feeling a little uneasy? :    Hi Dan, just wondering how one can do this?
    Posted by pomfrittes
    So my brother Derek and I both have user IDs beginning with D. Our user IDs and PIN numbers are saved to one of our home computers. I can quickly press D in the USER ID field and login to his account instead of mine if I'm not paying close attention.

Not saying that's what happened here mind you.

Anyway I believe we have resolved this matter now. Time to move on.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Anyone else feeling a little uneasy? : So my brother Derek and I both have user IDs beginning with D. Our user IDs and PIN numbers are saved to one of our home computers. I can quickly press D in the USER ID field and login to his account instead of mind if I'm not paying close attention. Not saying that's what happened here mind you. Anyway I believe we have resolved this matter now. Time to move on.
    Posted by Sky_Dan

agreed, well done Dan
  • edited May 2015
    Uneasy with the said players I.e myself...

I think you all need to understand one thing.you can never have multiple accounts on sky.you join with your passport.which is a legal documents and that's it.made you feel uneasy...you lot made me feel uneasy by not waiting until Dan told you straight... And coming to a conclusion.I think you will find from now on no one can now sit at the same table from the same I.p address which has made it better for all.

I have every right to play freeholds when I deposit 30.00 a day on average,more most days.

I know it's a forum,but I think you should of waited until it was sorted.if most of you had common sense,you would know you cannot have multiple accounts,so stop being silly to think you can.
  • edited May 2015
    Uneasy with the said players I.e myself... I think you all need to understand one thing.you can never have multiple accounts on sky.you join with your passport.which is a legal documents and that's it.made you feel uneasy...you lot made me feel uneasy by not waiting until Dan told you straight... And coming to a conclusion.I think you will find from now on no one can now sit at the same table from the same I.p address which has made it better for all. I have every right to play freeholds when I deposit 30.00 a day on average,more most days. I know it's a forum,but I think you should of waited until it was sorted.if most of you had common sense,you would know you cannot have multiple accounts,so stop being silly to think you can.
    Posted by hotflush67

This is not true at all actually, i know that there are people on sky that live in the same household and play the exact same tourneys and do 100% end up on the same table and have to play against each other