You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker invades Manchester and wins gold! (Hopefully...)

124»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    well played dave great effort.  Thanks for all the updates craig another great effort
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker invades Manchester and wins gold! (Hopefully...):
    IT'S ALL OVER!!!!!! Dave Thompson (aka: SolarCarro) who has had a tremendous tournament goes out in 7th place Had 78 on the small blind and was more or less forced to push an unopened pot. Billy Wallace who was on the big blind had AA Dave doesnt get the outdraw and finishes in 7th place and wins £250!. I think everyone will agree that is some performance on Dave's part and to every member of Team Sky Poker, your an absolute credit to the community and everyone of you should be proud of how you played win or lose!!!........ Right now i'm off to lie down in a very dark room and i'm glad to have been of some help in keeping the community updated (without breaking house rules) of how the tourney was going on! Where is all that beer i ain't drunk from Christmas?! :):)
    Posted by OnlyOneCT

Great post...one question, YOU HAVE BEER LEFT???

lol x
  • edited January 2010
    well played dave and a big thank you to craig. del
  • edited January 2010
    WP Dave, top man, shame you won't be at Luton, but Vegas just beats that I guess. Managed a meagre 70thish, my pushes weren't getting called until JJ was called by JA. I'd tell you what happened, but I think Barry Greenstein has the rights to that locked up. Let's just say live poker is fixed! ;) Had an interesting hand in the first level about 20mins in. Blinds 25/50, no real info on anyone, chips circulating around the table, everyone on between 8-12K Pocket 10s in the cut-off, two limpers before me... Can't limp with 3 others in the pot, so up to 225 I raise it. Blinds fold and limpers call (750 in pot) Flop: 10, 8, 8 rainbow Not a bad flop, just need to work out how get paid off. The limpers both check, as I do I let someone catch up. Turn: K (flush draw now on board) Probably a good card for me, again the limpers check. Could check, but a little 300 raise will keep anyone who has hit in the pot and if no-one has hit, well I'm not going to get paid off anyway. Limper 1 folds, limper 2 re-raises to 700. Fantastic, a customer, I'll flat him now and bleed him dry on the river... (2150 in pot) River: ? A small non-flush card. Limper asks if I have AK. I look impassive (or constipated, it's a fine line with my poker face) Limper leads out 1300. Now you're all wondering how much I popped it up to...? But the AK question stuck in my mind. Made me think that he wanted me to have AK, so he could beat KK88A, chances of him having KK with one out and him putting me on AK seemed far fetched. Him having a ten wouldn't beat AK. He must have a 8 and have a set. But what sort of 8 would he limp with pre-flop and call a raise with... Not A8, the only thing he can possibly have is 88. No... I flopped a FH and he flopped quads... Can't possibly be... Every little inch of my Spideysenses are tingling at this point. I can't fold though, so I pay him off the 1300. Yup. Flopped FH loses to flopped Quads. Incredible. Bizarrely it didn't tilt me, gave me a boost that my reads were on.
    Posted by Loki-Rogy

Saw one of these on this weeks Primo with Rich & Ed....unlucky sire...but thats poker eh? So if you were playing 5% bankroll then thank  Lord Orf that Villain didn't get more and walk away shaking you head thinking....THIS IS WHY I LOVE POKER!!!!

It'll be your turn next week our kid...worse if hitting quads and everyone folding eh?...lol

x

• edited January 2010
    To all who  played well done,   to Dave "SolarC"   brilliant even though it feels like you hit the cross bar !!

And to  CT "Craig"  Fantastic updates  to  you sir  I tip my hat   :))  well done !!
  • edited January 2010
    To all who  played well done,   to Dave "SolarC"   brilliant even though it feels like you hit the cross bar !! And to  CT "Craig"  Fantastic updates  to  you sir  I tip my hat   :))  well done !!
    Posted by bennydip2
    Awwww that's very kind words from you Sir and i wish you the very best of luck in your EPT and Irish Open conquests!......

I'm just glad to have been some form of help by providing the best possible updates i could in line with relevant house rules and if i happen not to qualify for next year's team comp, if the team need some sort of Team Manager then i'm more than happy to offer my services for free (well as long as i'm plied with free food and drink then that will do me very nicely lol!...).

I'm really chuffed to mintballs that Team Sky Poker produced a brilliant showing both Team and Individual wise and bring on next year's event!!...

Many congrats once again Team Sky Poker and many thanks to everyone that has been very complimentary with the updates that i provided!!!

Craig
    (aka: OnlyOneCT)

• edited January 2010
    Brill updates Craig and a massive wd to all players. Big congrats to Solar
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker invades Manchester and wins gold! (Hopefully...) : Awwww that's very kind words from you Sir and i wish you the very best of luck in your EPT and Irish Open conquests!...... I'm just glad to have been some form of help by providing the best possible updates i could in line with relevant house rules and if i happen not to qualify for next year's team comp, if the team need some sort of Team Manager then i'm more than happy to offer my services for free (well as long as i'm plied with free food and drink then that will do me very nicely lol!...). I'm really chuffed to mintballs that Team Sky Poker produced a brilliant showing both Team and Individual wise and bring on next year's event!!... Many congrats once again Team Sky Poker and many thanks to everyone that has been very complimentary with the updates that i provided!!! Craig (aka: OnlyOneCT)
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    I second the thanks, really appreciated the whispers in my ear from Sky Des with messages from the community and in a marathon 2 day event you need these distractions to keep your mind fresh, was great to know I was getting live support on here, was quite a long bubble and although I never got into any real bubble trouble I was getting these messages and giving chip stack updates all the time, was good to have Sky Des there as well and the rest of the team and Jamie, Sian and Jamie's family sat at the side cheering my pocket 88s!!

Alas the cards deserted me and with blinds at 16k/8k 800 ante my 165,000 soon became 90,000 and with
    8k invested from the small blind and no raise or call I decided 7 8 may connect and pushed only to find aces in the BB, an ace on the flop also had me shaking hands with two cards to fall! Great tournament and dominated my weekend.

Dave
  • edited January 2010
    Many congrats to Dave and wd to all the team. Cheers Craig for updates
  • edited January 2010
    Also, a huge thanks to Rich (SPT) for the original updates on the APAT site.
    An amazing job in what sounded like an extremely lively room.
  • edited January 2010
    Also, a huge thanks to Rich (SPT) for the original updates on the APAT site. An amazing job in what sounded like an extremely lively room.
    Posted by MereNovice
    One word to describe those updates - LEGENDARY STUFF!!!

Also got to love one particular post where Rich (SPT) put in as many titles of Oasis Tracks in the wording of the post which was awesome and clever and it seemed to annoy fans of the Bristol and South West meetup team as from that post they decided to post Youtube links for the Best of the Wurzels lol!....

Sorry to any Bristolians or peeps from the South West but Oasis rule - NUFF SAID!!!!......
  • edited January 2010
    Agreed. Thanks SPT
  • edited January 2010
    Agreed. Thanks SPT
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    He works tirelessly producing the threads, he got a well deserved APAT hall of fame entry, only the second person to receive this accolade.

Congrats SPT Rich P on your accolade.

Dave
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker invades Manchester and wins gold! (Hopefully...) : He works tirelessly producing the threads, he got a well deserved APAT hall of fame entry, only the second person to receive this accolade. Congrats SPT Rich P on your accolade. Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Huge congrats Rich on your well deserved award!!....

I did put a message on the APAT live thread for those who did not see that there should have been another award for the biggest Miley Cyrus fan in Poker with the recipient being a certain Sky Des lol! :):):):)

I think i'll let Des or Rich explain what i'm referring to! :):):)