You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MAYHEM FREEROLS. sky cockup again?

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
Maybe because...

1. It's the last chance to qualify (people tend to put things off - e.g. UKOPS freerolls are always alot busier near the end
2. It's half term/school hols so alot of people off work
3. Uni has finished for alot of students

I am not aware of any promotion offering free seats and you can earn 25 points via cash which doesnt show up on 3rd party sites.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Until last night this game had attracted n average around 300-350 players, then suddenly last night almost 800 players and again tonight. I thought this strange last night and then even stranger tonight. what has sky done to attract double the amount of players to this game? Three and a half weeks of not many runners, even mentioned in forum posts how little people are playing them and then boom 800 players. Well i did a little check on someone at my table on an external site, and it seems this player had only played 3 games today. And these games did not add up to him earning 25 points. So then why are there people grinding away on 30p tables for several hours to earn there 25 points to enter when obv a lot of new people are not having to earn these points? 
  • edited May 2015
    Must be a error as i got in and have played nothing in the last 24 hours.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: MAYHEM FREEROLS.:
    Posted by churchy18
    OK maybe it's a good old fashioned balls up then

#sortitoutsky
  • edited May 2015
    Not a good sign with the new "Rewards" promo coming up.
  • edited May 2015
    Hang on?  So I ground out all those points and otehrs got in who didnt play at all?

FFS
  • edited May 2015
    Why complain? More heads on offer :)

Took 5 tonight and cash £10. Boom

• edited May 2015
    I bust out first hand, aj v a4 when he hit a flush
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: MAYHEM FREEROLS.:
    Posted by churchy18

An ERROR 2 nights running ? why are people grinding points when any1 at all can enter??? not looking good really especially with our NEW AND IMPROVED cash for points.... or "no cash for points" as its now called :)
  • edited May 2015
    Well I'm not happy because two nights ago I spent all day getting the 25 points to reg the Mayhem. I regged about half hour before it to check I had enough, then I de-regged as I always do. Then when it came to the end of late reg, it said I couldn't reg because I didn't have enough points!!! I tried about ten times to reg and it wouldn't let me, despite all that rake I had paid!! So the next night, last night, it was obvious to me they were letting anyone reg, I assume to make up for the unannouced mess up the night before, because the game suddenly got 400 extra runners. Now onto tonight, again I have paid rake all day to play this and it is now confirmed players could reg without gaining any points or paying any rake!!
  • edited May 2015
    Hey guys, want to enter this tourney?  Earn 25 points, pay us rake, win some, lose some £ and then enter.

What a bunch of suckers you take us for.

Thanks very much Sky Poker - very professional.
  • edited May 2015
    Shouldn't be upset that you earned 25pts when you didn't need to, but the fact that this comp ran with more runners in error is going to mean that whoever did very well in this one will have a huge advantage over the field when the game goes back to its normal level of entrants.

That needs sorting out given the prizes on offer.
  • edited May 2015
    FUNNILY enough, I didn't play on bank holiday Monday, but was allowed to enter Tuesday. Wheras  a coupla weeks ago, I couldn't get in when I didn't play the day before.
  • edited May 2015
    Any chance of clarification from sky whether i need to gain my 25 points today as stated in the rules of this very freeroll?  Or can i just assume that i will be able to register without playing a single game at all today like the past 2 nights.. This does need to be addressed as it is showing complete lack of proffessionalism on the sites part
  • edited May 2015

I have sent this thread up to the office just in case they are not aware.
  • edited May 2015
    Strange it wouldnt let me enter...hadnt earned the 25pts so that was to be expected.

Maybe you guys got lucky at the time you tried to enter it.

Ger
  • edited May 2015
    I hope it is back to normal soon, I am playing this promo for profit and its +ev if it runs as it should
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: MAYHEM FREEROLS. sky cockup again?:
    I hope it is back to normal soon, I am playing this promo for profit and its +ev if it runs as it should
    Posted by MrWh1te
    If a freeroll isn't plus ev, then something is seriously wrong!
  • edited May 2015
    It isn't a freeroll if you aren't normally playing the site anyway.

You have to pay 'rake' of 25 points to get in.
  • edited May 2015
    It isn't a freeroll if you aren't normally playing the site anyway. You have to pay 'rake' of 25 points to get in.
    Posted by MrWh1te

apart from the last 2 days it would seem...unless this is to make freerolls look a lot more popular so that we all get excited about the new and improved c4p freerolls? sky may say "hey look how popular the mayhem freerolls were at 7.30pm" 

• edited May 2015
    I'm with the other disgruntled players on here after this latest mess up from sky poker, Just before the changes their making this coming month, Which is obviously for the worse! Sky should reimburse all players rake who genuinley earned their 25 points
    Posted by W45T3D
    I understand people are a bit annoyed but really?
  • edited May 2015
    Would you give them back any profit you made then? 

Anyway, the only thing that is negative about this is that anyone who did well has an unfair advantage as more heads to be picked up. Im not knocking there success but it is unfair if 'your night' was the two where 3 times as many heads where available. 

But, these things happen. What can you do? Try your luck in the next ones, it is fantastic promo.
  • edited May 2015
    Would you give them back any profit you made then?  Anyway, the only thing that is negative about this is that anyone who did well has an unfair advantage as more heads to be picked up. Im not knocking there success but it is unfair if 'your night' was the two where 3 times as many heads where available.  But, these things happen. What can you do? Try your luck in the next ones, it is fantastic promo.
    Posted by CraigSG1

Yes its been a fantastic promo, just a shame that near the end of it some people are able to enter without having to do what every one else has to do to enter. clarification that it has been sorted would be nice then we can get on with getting our 25 points for tonights game...or not as the case may be
  • edited May 2015
    Would you give them back any profit you made then?  Anyway, the only thing that is negative about this is that anyone who did well has an unfair advantage as more heads to be picked up. Im not knocking there success but it is unfair if 'your night' was the two where 3 times as many heads where available.  But, these things happen. What can you do? Try your luck in the next ones, it is fantastic promo.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Whilst I am not actually complaining about whats happened, I do find this a very poor argument.

Try going into a supermarket that is offering 2 for the price of 1, buying 2 and getting one free but then seeing all the other customers behind you being given 1 for free and not having to pay at all.

Then complain to the manager and imagine being told 'yes we know it is breaking the terms of the agreement but it is ok, it is a fantastic promotion for you still'.
    I don't imagine you would be so happy to shrug it off.

People that don't normally play here or play less, decide to play based on a set of terms and conditions.  If those terms and conditions then change mid-way through, that is breach of the contract we enter into.   You could then have a situation where people who join the game against the terms and conditions (earning no points), could push someone who did earn the points further down the leaderboard.

I am not saying sky need do anything in regards to what has happened, merely that you argument is flawed and wrong.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: MAYHEM FREEROLS. sky cockup again? : Whilst I am not actually complaining about whats happened, I do find this a very poor argument. Try going into a supermarket that is offering 2 for the price of 1, buying 2 and getting one free but then seeing all the other customers behind you being given 1 for free and not having to pay at all. Then complain to the manager and imagine being told 'yes we know it is breaking the terms of the agreement but it is ok, it is a fantastic promotion for you still'. I don't imagine you would be so happy to shrug it off. People that don't normally play here or play less, decide to play based on a set of terms and conditions.  If those terms and conditions then change mid-way through, that is breach of the contract we enter into.   You could then have a situation where people who join the game against the terms and conditions (earning no points), could push someone who did earn the points further down the leaderboard. I am not saying sky need do anything in regards to what has happened, merely that you argument is flawed and wrong.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    You really are a turnip.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: MAYHEM FREEROLS. sky cockup again? : You really are a turnip.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Do you REALLY have such a sad life that you have to follow me around these forums trolling over and over again.

Idiot.
  • edited May 2015
    Hi, This freeroll has a leaderboard and genuine players who have earned there points should be the only people on there. I hope sky sorts this out.  from truly56
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: MAYHEM FREEROLS. sky cockup again? : Do you REALLY have such a sad life that you have to follow me around these forums trolling over and over again. Idiot.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Yes, my life is immensely sad. But your comment about freerolls being +ev soon put a smile on my face. That will keep me grinning all week, thank you very much :)

Gl to everyone competing for this last package.
  • edited May 2015
    Hi, This freeroll has a leaderboard and genuine players who have earned there points should be the only people on there. I hope sky sorts this out.  from truly56
    Posted by truly56

unfortunately truly ive been talking to livechat and still they will not confirm whether this will be sorted by tonights mayhem. ive been told that someone "will look into it" but he cannot confirm that it will be exclusively for those persons that earn 25 points
  • edited May 2015
    I don't recall making an argument. Just a point. The point is you can't do anything now. It was wrong but mistakes are made. I'm sure you've made a few as has everyone else. 

I agree it needs to be clarified soon by someone, an apology wouldn't go amiss either. 

As for your 'argument', it would have merit if it was a buy in MTT and some got in free but it wasn't. It was a free entry. Yes you had to earn points but those are separate buy in events. 
  • edited May 2015
    Hi vinny, ty for letting me know, it would cruel if someone who has not paid won the leaderboard from a genuine player , its a vegas trip at stake after all. from truly56