You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MAYHEM FREEROLS. sky cockup again?

2»

Comments

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: MAYHEM FREEROLS. sky cockup again?:
    As for your 'argument', it would have merit if it was a buy in MTT and some got in free but it wasn't. It was a free entry. Yes you had to earn points but those are separate buy in events. 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    I disagree,  For starters it is not 'free', it costs '25 points'.

And the only way to get those points is by paying £2.50 rake.

So it is not free.  Especially for people who are playing the site purely for the promotion and no other reason (and made worse if on top of that they are a losing player).
  • edited May 2015
    I don't recall making an argument. Just a point. The point is you can't do anything now. It was wrong but mistakes are made. I'm sure you've made a few as has everyone else.  I agree it needs to be clarified soon by someone, an apology wouldn't go amiss either.  As for your 'argument', it would have merit if it was a buy in MTT and some got in free but it wasn't. It was a free entry. Yes you had to earn points but those are separate buy in events. 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    i believe that by allowing just anyone at all to enter sky are breaking the contract that we believe is in place by earning the criteria to play a game that others are not having to do. it says quite clearly in the rules that you MUST EARN 25 POINTS IN THE PREVIOUS 24 HOURS to qualify. so anyone who hasnt done so should be null and void. yes thats extreme and cannot happen nor would i expect it to happen, but surely there can be a confirmation that it will not happen again tonight? is that much to ask? I believe that by letting people that have not qualified to enter would be the same as priority members giving out the passwords to there "private" tournaments and letting us all play along. meet the criteria and play what you are entitled to. Can any sky representative confirm to us that ONLY players that have earned 25 points will be eligible to play? pretty please with cherries on top?

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: MAYHEM FREEROLS. sky cockup again? : Yes, my life is immensely sad. But your comment about freerolls being +ev soon put a smile on my face. That will keep me grinning all week, thank you very much :) Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Yeah don't let facts get in the way of you bullying others, as always.
  • edited May 2015
    Hi, This freeroll has a leaderboard and genuine players who have earned there points should be the only people on there. I hope sky sorts this out.  from truly56
    Posted by truly56

Truly I wouldn't mention 'that' leaderboard. Leaderboardgate is a whole other can of worms because number of bounties taken has been not been accurate. What are we meant to do screenshot every time we take a bounty?? Sky didn't use the bounty hunter software/lobby on a game where the idea is to get bounties?!? So the first Mayhem felt like a shambles because no one's bounties were showing up and nearly four weeks on they never changed that?
  • edited May 2015
    Hi Everybody,

For Tuesday and Wednesday there was an issue with the freerolls where the criteria of 25 points in the past 24 hours was not set. This meant that all players were able to buy-in regardless of how many points they earned. Because of this we had a field size of 700-800 rather than the usual 400.

I can assure you these issues were only present for the past 2 days and have now been corrected, therefore any players who did play the past few days and did not need to earn 25 points will have to earn the 25 points going forward.

The leaderboard will stand how it is and we shall not be removing any players who took part in any of the freerolls this week.
  • edited May 2015
    Hi Everybody, For Tuesday and Wednesday there was an issue with the freerolls where the criteria of 25 points in the past 24 hours was not set. This meant that all players were able to buy-in regardless of how many points they earned. Because of this we had a field size of 700-800 rather than the usual 400. I can assure you these issues were only present for the past 2 days and have now been corrected, therefore any players who did play the past few days and did not need to earn 25 points will have to earn the 25 points going forward. The leaderboard will stand how it is and we shall not be removing any players who took part in any of the freerolls this week.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Thankyou skypeter for finally clarifying that sky DID make a mistake and thankyou for clarifying that it is now sorted and you have it back under control

regards

vinny
  • edited May 2015

How can someone reg for this when registration isnt open?

Mayhem Freeroll

Registration Opens In

https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/bn_sprite.png') 0px -1325px no-repeat">
      Starts At
      19:00
      Late Reg for
      25 Minutes
      Buy-In
      £0 + £0
      Prize Pool
      £1000
      Registered
      1 / 2500
    • edited May 2015
      In Response to Re: MAYHEM FREEROLS. sky cockup again? : apart from the last 2 days it would seem...unless this is to make freerolls look a lot more popular so that we all get excited about the new and improved c4p freerolls? sky may say "hey look how popular the mayhem freerolls were at 7.30pm" 
      Posted by vinny67
      Is your logic not flawed, surely people would want the freerolls to have lower runners so the value people assign to them is higher?
    • edited May 2015
      In Response to Re: MAYHEM FREEROLS. sky cockup again? : Is your logic not flawed, surely people would want the freerolls to have lower runners so the value people assign to them is higher?
      Posted by MattBates
      the whole argument people had agasint them buddy was that people were not available at 7.30pm each evening to play... so i suggested that sky were tying to show us that the "majority" were able to play at 7.30 as soooo many people registered the 7pm mayhem...its cool, its fixed...alegedly 
    • edited May 2015
      My question is how come over 400 people knew there were no restrictions. after 3 weeks of this running Im sure everyone was aware of the conditons of entry so how come so many were able to just enter on the only 2 nights in the whole 3 and half weeks where
      there was a mistake??????
      Nannypat66
    • edited May 2015
      My question is how come over 400 people knew there were no restrictions. after 3 weeks of this running Im sure everyone was aware of the conditons of entry so how come so many were able to just enter on the only 2 nights in the whole 3 and half weeks where there was a mistake?????? Nannypat66
      Posted by Nannypat66
      We have to except Sky's response, which is; if any players regged on tues/wed without gaining the correct number of points and gained enough bounties to win themselves a Vegas package or a cash prize from the leaderboard, then they will be keeping their prize regardless of the fact they didn't spend the required £5 on rake, because.... The leaderboard will stand how it is and we shall not be removing any players who took part in any of the freerolls this week.
    • edited May 2015
      WHEN IS A FREE-ROLL, NOT A FREE-ROLL .......YOU DECIDE
      There will be no charge for your game, other users my pay a small rake, some need 25 points, others don't.
      To get 25 points you have to gamble £25. Terms + conditions apply.... 
    • edited May 2015
      My question is how come over 400 people knew there were no restrictions. after 3 weeks of this running Im sure everyone was aware of the conditons of entry so how come so many were able to just enter on the only 2 nights in the whole 3 and half weeks where there was a mistake?????? Nannypat66
      Posted by Nannypat66

Because people try to register and for these 2 days it worked.
    • edited May 2015
      yeah its done and dusted now, cant/wont be changed

close this thread imo
    • edited May 2015
      yeah its done and dusted now, cant/wont be changed close this thread imo
      Posted by MrWh1te
      Agreed, close it , no point in moaning.

Human error, nothing to see here, move along.

All credit to sky for holding their hands up and reaching the most practical and fair solution. Imagine looking back on this incedent ten years from now, when the games all sown up and sites mistakes never happen, we'll all talk about the good old days .

The Mayhem challenge has been amazing and still is, great promo, dont EVER change sky xxxx.

• edited May 2015
      WHEN IS A FREE-ROLL, NOT A FREE-ROLL .......YOU DECIDE
      There will be no charge for your game, other uses my pay a small rake, some need 25 points, others don't.
      To get 25 points you have to gamble £25. Terms + conditions apply.... 
    • edited May 2015
      Yet again a player has regged before registration is open (same player as before)
      How can this happen?

Starts At19:00Late Reg for25 MinutesBuy-In£0 + £0Prize Pool£1000Registered1 / 2500