You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015

SPTSPT
edited July 2015 in Poker Chat
This has been announced this morning as follows

[LEEDS, United Kingdom – 1st June 2015] ¬– Sky Poker has announced the second Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships to take place from 19th-23rd August 2015. The event will once again be hosted by Dusk Till Dawn in Nottingham with the highlight of the series set to be the £250,000 Guaranteed 6-Max Championship Event.

The Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships festival will take place from 19th-23rd August 2015 at Dusk Till Dawn with every event on the schedule in the popular six-handed format. The £500 buy-in Championships Main Event will feature Five Day One flights across three starting days, with one re-entry available per flight. The Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC Champion will be crowned on Day 4, Sunday 23rd August.

The Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships Main Event is the highlight of a schedule that includes a £75,000 Guaranteed High Roller tournament, a £50,000 Guaranteed Mini version of the main event and a £10,000 Guaranteed one day Six Max event to conclude the festival. The Main Event offers a £250,000 prize pool. As with the first 6 Max UK Poker Championships we are planning for Sky’s TV cameras to be at the event to capture the action from the tournament.

“After the success of the Sky Poker UK Poker Championships earlier this year, we are delighted to announce the 2015 renewal of the UK Poker Championships 6-Max festival ” said Richard Milner, Head of Sky Poker. “With the excellent team and facilities that DTD offer, we are sure it will be a great event and we know that 6-Max is very popular with Sky Poker customers. The previous UKPC events have been full of many well-known and high profile favourites from the UK poker scene and we look forward to another successful festival at DTD in August”.

Satellites to the £250,000 Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC Championship Event will be available on Skypoker.com from Monday 1st June with regular satellites running from as little as £2.10. There will also be a series of promotions and free-rolls on Skypoker.com throughout the coming months which could lead to someone winning the Sky Poker UKPC Six Max first prize for free

Comments

• SPTSPT
    edited June 2015

For details of the full schedule and satellite details please see

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/ukpc-august-2015

i believe satellites are due to start tonight
  • SPTSPT
    edited June 2015
    the page attached above has FAQ's but I, tikay and Sky Pker will try to answer any other questions you may have on here in the coming days
  • edited June 2015
    awesome news also 15 seats in the suday final that takes some balls well done sky.
  • edited June 2015
  • edited June 2015
  • edited June 2015
    Shows how much attention I pay, I've only just realised the UKPC main has changed from £1k to £550, is that right? I'm deffo not moaning, much more affordable for me like, just checking.
  • edited June 2015
    Great news.

I have checked the T&C's and it says there are no cash alternatives.  If you qualify or reg for a seat, can you still play sats and get the cash as you have already qualified?
  • SPTSPT
    edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015:
    Shows how much attention I pay, I've only just realised the UKPC main has changed from £1k to £550, is that right? I'm deffo not moaning, much more affordable for me like, just checking.
    Posted by Lambert180
    £550 is correct
  • edited June 2015

Seems weird to half the guarantee and buyin when it made its guarantee last year, whats the thought process behind this ...
  • SPTSPT
    edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015:
    Seems weird to half the guarantee and buyin when it made its guarantee last year, whats the thought process behind this ...
    Posted by MIKEY802
    it should be compared to the UKPC Six Max last year, not the february event (full ring)

in August 2014 for the last UKPC Six Max the guarantee was £500,000 but the buy in was £1,000

i think this is more inclusive

• SPTSPT
    edited June 2015
    Great news. I have checked the T&C's and it says there are no cash alternatives.  If you qualify or reg for a seat, can you still play sats and get the cash as you have already qualified?
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    Players can receive the cash alternative if they qualify for multiple seats but not for a single seat.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : Players can receive the cash alternative if they qualify for multiple seats but not for a single seat.
    Posted by SPT
    thx for your reply
  • edited June 2015
    How comes the guarantee is half but the buy-in is more than half? I.e was £1k, now should be £500.
  • edited June 2015
    How comes the guarantee is half but the buy-in is more than half? I.e was £1k, now should be £500.
    Posted by LukeFuller
    The buy in before was £1000 + £100 Reg Fees.

Now it's £500 + £50.00 Reg Fees.
  • edited June 2015
    i like to see the £500 buy in makes it more affordable for more people.
    I would like to ask/moan about 2 things though
    why is the mini on after the main and day2 of the main at the same time as day1 of the mini?
    2nd thing why offer cash for qualifying more than once surely you want more bums on seats than just the regulars banking £550?
  • edited June 2015
    i like to see the £500 buy in makes it more affordable for more people. I would like to ask/moan about 2 things though why is the mini on after the main and day2 of the main at the same time as day1 of the mini? 2nd thing why offer cash for qualifying more than once surely you want more bums on seats than just the regulars banking £550?
    Posted by stewie7
    I also like the lower buy in though they have lowered the guarantee to compensate . I also agree about the clash with the main and the mini, but there are only so many days and everything has to be fitted in somehow. The last part is only half true though. I agree we should try for more bums on seats and that there are regulars playing for the money, but I do not agree that this means less seats. The more people who play in the satellites means more seats available, it also means Sky can offer bigger guarantees. In its simplest form : scenario 1. You enter a satellite and win it and get your seat , well done you are going to DTD, you are happy and no complaints. : scenario 2. You enter a satellite and don't win it, but a regular who does takes the money, you are not happy and complain about regulars taking the money. : scenario 3. You enter a satellite and it gets cancelled as there was not enough runners, you are not happy as this was the only satellite you could play in for a few days and you complain and ask what happened as there was supposed to be guaranteed seat.
    The first two scenarios allowed people who already had seats to play for the money, the third Scenario did not, and a guaranteed seat was lost. The regular was not guaranteed to win the seat indeed most regulars would be happy if they won in four assuming one in five get a seat, that means the other times anyone can win a seat and for some people it is the only way they would get to play in such an event. Banning players from playing as they have a seat or are playing for the money would IMO reduce the chances of some recreational players realising their dream of playing in a major event.
  • edited June 2015
    i like to see the £500 buy in makes it more affordable for more people. I would like to ask/moan about 2 things though why is the mini on after the main and day2 of the main at the same time as day1 of the mini? 2nd thing why offer cash for qualifying more than once surely you want more bums on seats than just the regulars banking £550?
    Posted by stewie7
    Its a re entry tournament, allowing people to qualify for more than one increases the likelihood of people firing a few bullets at the tournament.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : Its a re entry tournament, allowing people to qualify for more than one increases the likelihood of people firing a few bullets at the tournament.
    Posted by MattBates
    Why not make it you win a extra seat then? DTD do that with there satellites you win extra seats then the cash is going to the tournament no matter what? I just really cannot understand why they make a satalite structure to reward in cash 
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by stewie7
    We just felt the whole Festival needed to be shorter, more compact this time, we were there nearly 3 weeks in February.

We will always mix these UKPC Festivals up, tweak things, shorten, lengthen, add, deduct, da de da, & we are fully aware that whatever way we slice it, some folks will have a bit of a grumble, it's Jack Spratt & his missus.

I'm in Vegas, & incredibly, some people are grumbling about the WSOP Colossus, which was sensationally good, it's just the nature of things I'm afraid.

Incidentally, you can enter the Mini on the SUNDAY, which is DAY THREE of the Main. Anyone still in the Main by Day Three, won't worry too much about missing the Mini, I'd have hoped. 

We hope you come along, & have a good time. That's what we aim for, & why we run them.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : We just felt the whole Festival needed to be shorter, more compact this time, we were there nearly 3 weeks in February.   We will always mix these UKPC Festivals up, tweak things, shorten, lengthen, add, deduct, da de da, & we are fully aware that whatever way we slice it, some folks will have a bit of a grumble. I'm in Vegas, & incredibly, some people are grumbling about the WSOP Colossus, which was sensationally good, it's just the nature of things I'm afraid.   We hope you come along, & have a good time. That's why we run them.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ooops. I forgot....I have sent you a PM ref Orfordable Entires.

Have a good One.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : Ooops. I forgot....I have sent you a PM ref Orfordable Entires. Have a good One.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    It's not a problem Trev, I'll get it sorted shortly.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : Ooops. I forgot....I have sent you a PM ref Orfordable Entires. Have a good One.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Hi Trev,

I've just sent this e-Mail to the Office;

"Hi xxxxx, 

Below are the Free Entries for the Monthly Orfordable League for May.  

They all get Free Entry into the….. 

£11 Bounty Hunter, 21.30, Friday 5th June 

goldnballz 

longman912 

boxster 

POKERTREV 

Thank you."

• edited June 2015
    Thank you Mr & Mrs SkyPoker....holiday dates booked from work...if I don't qualify for the main event I'll be playing the mini.....

Just have to renew passport so I can travel over in micro expense luxury with Ryanair and the sister-in-law lives in Long Eaton.....just marking off the days on me advent calendar....

woo hoo o happy days.......

hope they have micro stakes at DTD cash tables :)

Cya ciao have a nice day yo..

• edited June 2015
    My point about the main and the mini was normally when dtd have these festivals the mini has x amount of seats into main just thought it was strange to not do this again does it have anything to do with party poker being heavily involved with dtd now and they want you in and out quickly? And badcawl lowest cash is 1-1 at dtd 
  • edited June 2015
    My point about the main and the mini was normally when dtd have these festivals the mini has x amount of seats into main just thought it was strange to not do this again does it have anything to do with party poker being heavily involved with dtd now and they want you in and out quickly? And badcawl lowest cash is 1-1 at dtd 
    Posted by stewie7
    Many people objected to having seats into another event as part of the Prize Money in the Mini, so we are not doing that this time. With the Mini taking place DURING the Main, seats as part of the Mini Prize Fund was not really practical or desirable.

And no, it has nothing to do with Party Poker "wanting us in & out in the minimum time". Rob & DTD still have total control over the Live Club, Party Poker had no input to this festival & at present, don't plan to run Online Satellites to it. (This could change, but that's the current plan). We simply wanted a more compact Festival in time terms, the February renewal was way too long. There's no sinister or hidden agenda, we just felt a shorter Festival might be better on this occasion.

As a general rule, the DTD Live Club will be operating much shorter hours during the summer months.  
  • edited June 2015
    Personally I really like the schedule.  I think the overlap and how it has been arranged makes tons of sense and much prefer a condensed week than something too drawn out.  I fully intend to be booking a week in Notts to do the proverbials.

A bit of a shame that there's no PLO this time but that's a personal thought bubble saying 'sigh' rather than a knock on the line up.  Obviously the real estate and overheads 6-max takes up combined with the lack of popularity in PLO MTTs makes it an obvious one to not be able to fit in.

Overall, I think good job done by all involved.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : The buy in before was £1000 + £100 Reg Fees. Now it's £500 + £50.00 Reg Fees.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    My bad. I satellited in last time so I guess I didnt realise
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : My bad. I satellited in last time so I guess I didnt realise
    Posted by LukeFuller
    I think you were correct Luke. The buy in was £1000 and the rake was taken from the prize pool.

Just seen this, barely played any poker recently, but I'll definitely try and get my name down for this. :)
  • edited June 2015
    Dear Mr & Mrs Skypoker

I'm confused with the schedule....

mini day 1a and 1b are on the same day?

22.08.2015#36-Max MiniDay 1A£50,000£150 + £1515:0018:501423022.08.2015#36-Max MiniDay 1B£50,000£150 + £1519:0022:501423023.08.2015#36-Max MiniDay 1C (Turbo)£50,000£150 + £1511:0013:0014215
  • edited June 2015
    Look at the start times 3pm and 7pm