You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015

2»

Comments

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015:
    Dear Mr & Mrs Skypoker I'm confused with the schedule.... mini day 1a and 1b are on the same day? 22.08.2015 #3 6-Max Mini Day 1A £50,000 £150 + £15 15:00 18:50 14 2 30 22.08.2015 #3 6-Max Mini Day 1B £50,000 £150 + £15 19:00 22:50 14 2 30 23.08.2015 #3 6-Max Mini Day 1C (Turbo) £50,000 £150 + £15 11:00 13:00 14 2 15
    Posted by badcawl

Correct.

As Mr Stewie noted, an early flight and a later flight on the same day.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : Correct. As Mr Stewie noted, an early flight and a later flight on the same day.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Aha....ok ta!
  • edited June 2015
    I know this has been said before but would it not be better if you got a ticket for the next round in a satellite? I am sure I am not alone in that some days I can make satellites but not the quarter/semi/final etc. and other days it's the other way around. As it is if I cannot make the final this Sunday it is not worth playing any qualifiers etc. As it is I and others have to check before we play in a satellite whether we can make the quarter final, then we have to check which semi this quarter is for to see if we can make that, then be sure we can make the final before entering a satellite. I am sure we would get more entries if people could just relax and enter a satellite when they felt like it instead of worrying that they will lose out if they do.
  • edited June 2015
    Sounds pretty good.

Just a general comment...
    The Mini doesn't seem to be that mini compared to the main though this time round? I played at the full ring event in Feb and Mini buyin was £110 compared to £1000 for the main (~10%), but this time round it's £165 for the mini vs £550 for the main (~30%).  I didn't see what it was like last time you did the 6 max though so maybe it's par for the course, but personally I'd have preferred the mini to have a bit of a lower buy in, I won't be paying out £165 for an entry and looks like there's no qualifiers running for it this time round. Suppose I'll have to just bink a main event sat seat I guess.
  • edited June 2015
    Sounds pretty good. Just a general comment... The Mini doesn't seem to be that mini compared to the main though this time round? I played at the full ring event in Feb and Mini buyin was £110 compared to £1000 for the main (~10%), but this time round it's £165 for the mini vs £550 for the main (~30%).  I didn't see what it was like last time you did the 6 max though so maybe it's par for the course, but personally I'd have preferred the mini to have a bit of a lower buy in, I won't be paying out £165 for an entry and looks like there's no qualifiers running for it this time round. Suppose I'll have to just bink a main event sat seat I guess.
    Posted by repton3
    Its always a hard balancing act. I think if you made the mini lower it would struggle to get numbers as it wouldn't be worth a lot of players time so numbers would be down. Although I do understand it will be too much for some others.
  • edited June 2015
    well I have to agree with both of you it is a balancing act, reduce the buy in and you gain some players and lose others. the buy in for the mini does seem a bit close to the buy in for the main though,  £110 + £10 seems nearer, but it's only a guess. perhaps some satallites for the mini might be a good idea.
  • edited June 2015
    Hi, Does anyone know what the £250k prize breakdown is? Many thanks
  • edited June 2015
    Hi, Does anyone know what the £250k prize breakdown is? Many thanks
    Posted by debscom18
    The short answer is no as they don't know how many entries there will be yet.
    If we assume about 500 entries/re-entries then the approx payout will be at least about £50,000 to the winner and somewhere between 50-60 being paid with the lowest probably £1,000. This assumes they use a normal payout structure and the amount of entries is close to what I said. That's a lot of assumptions so don't hold me to it :-)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : The short answer is no as they don't know how many entries there will be yet. If we assume about 500 entries/re-entries then the approx payout will be at least about £50,000 to the winner and somewhere between 50-60 being paid with the lowest probably £1,000. This assumes they use a normal payout structure and the amount of entries is close to what I said. That's a lot of assumptions so don't hold me to it :-)
    Posted by Sir-Gary

Thanks Gary x

• edited June 2015
    any satelites planned into the high roller on sky software?
  • SPTSPT
    edited June 2015
    Posted by mewillows
    no there aren't currently, main event only
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by mewillows
    Just turn up and throw a few bullets at the live sats whilst caravaning.... Better still have Mrs R play them for u. 
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by mewillows
    Hi,

As SPT notes, no, only for the Main Event.

Just wanted to add that currently, Party Poker/DTD are not planning on running any Online Satellites to the UKPC. They may run a few Live Super Sats near the time though.

Hope to see you there, should be a grand do.

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : Hi, As SPT notes, no, only for the Main Event. Just wanted to add that currently, Party Poker/DTD are not planning on running any Online Satellites to the UKPC. They may run a few Live Super Sats near the time though. Hope to see you there, should be a grand do.  
    Posted by Tikay10
     If you are planning on going will you be playing? I believe ther is no PLO on the schedule
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 :  If you are planning on going will you be playing? I believe ther is no PLO on the schedule
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Hi Gary,

If John Gale can win a WSOP Turbo at 61 years of age, I might just try & win a 6-Max. Stranger things have happened. Not much, mind......
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : Hi Gary, If John Gale can win a WSOP Turbo at 61 years of age, I might just try & win a 6-Max. Stranger things have happened. Not much, mind......
    Posted by Tikay10

Orford won the 2.20@2.20 once upon a time (he never mentions it though!)

Hope to see your name appear in one of FCHD's updates soon btw....run good....have fun....enjoy!!! (<<too many?) ;)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : Orford won the 2.20@2.20 once upon a time (he never mentions it though!) Hope to see your name appear in one of FCHD's updates soon btw....run good....have fun....enjoy!!! (<<too many?) ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    ;)

Thanks Alan.

I've been having a mainly non-poker holiday until today, but that's over now, & today I start playing daily.

Three exclamation marks is too many? No, ONE is usually too many. As a general rule, one per 5,000 words is about right.

Just google this.....

"why exclamation marks are bad"

There are scores of results, here's a typical one.....

https://messageandmuse.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/why-exclamation-marks-are-not-your-friend/

Once you peruse that, it's job done, it makes so much sense. 

So when I see a Forum Thread title that includes "!!!!!" or "?????" I rarely open it. 

• SPTSPT
    edited June 2015
    There have been some tweaks to structures to give the players a better experience;

- changed both Main Event Flights to 40 min Clocks Day 1's (instead of 45 and 30), this is equivelent to 60 minutes of a full ring game

- given the Mini players a 40 minute clock throughout

- change the Day 1 Turbos to a 20 minute clock

- reduced late reg to 6 levels on main event and mini

- made some small time changes

these will be on the full schedule on the landing page later today

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/ukpc-august-2015

• edited June 2015
    A question, in the unlikely event I qualify for the 6 max on Sky it appears I cannot make the Friday, which unfortunately is when All the Sky qualifiers are registered. Is it possible to have an entry changed to the thursday?
  • SPTSPT
    edited June 2015
    A question, in the unlikely event I qualify for the 6 max on Sky it appears I cannot make the Friday, which unfortunately is when All the Sky qualifiers are registered. Is it possible to have an entry changed to the thursday?
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Yes we can do that for you. We'd prefer Friday but of course it might not suit some

fire a message with real name/sky alias/date of qualification my way and i will make the adjustment when we get to DTD
  • SPTSPT
    edited July 2015
    Sunday's at 9.15pm

UKPC Six Max Final @ Skypoker.com

15 seats GTD

£110+10

• edited July 2015
    Am getting scared! lol
  • edited July 2015
    With this tournament can you buy in on the day or do you need to pre register 
  • edited July 2015
    With this tournament can you buy in on the day or do you need to pre register 
    Posted by kamikaze07
    You can buy in on the day if you wish, though be careful, it's 6-Max, which severely limits capacity, so if you buy in on the last Day One, you may find yourself on a long Alternates list.

As we saw in the WSOP Main Event, & previous UKPC's, players much prefer the "last" Day One, so be careful as capacity is much curtailed in 6-Max.

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : You can buy in on the day if you wish, though be careful, it's 6-Max, which severely limits capacity, so if you buy in on the last Day One, you may find yourself on a long Alternates list. As we saw in the WSOP Main Event, & previous UKPC's, players much prefer the "last" Day One, so be careful as capacity is much curtailed in 6-Max.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I was planning on going to the thursday day 1 am i likely to be ok on that day. i always find the first day better for me 
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : I was planning on going to the thursday day 1 am i likely to be ok on that day. i always find the first day better for me 
    Posted by kamikaze07
    I would have thought so, yes.

Note there are TWO Day One Flights on the Thursday, 1pm (Late Reg until 5.20pm) & 6pm (Late Reg until 10.40pm).
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : I would have thought so, yes. Note there are TWO Day One Flights on the Thursday, 1pm (Late Reg until 5.20pm) & 6pm (Late Reg until 10.40pm).
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you so much for the speedy response

• edited July 2015
    Just got into this either at a cost of £5 or £0, cant remember if i freerolled into the semi.

Anyway who else is going? is anyone else booking accom for the friday night incase they make day 2? any recommendations
  • edited July 2015
    Just got into this either at a cost of £5 or £0, cant remember if i freerolled into the semi. Anyway who else is going? is anyone else booking accom for the friday night incase they make day 2? any recommendations
    Posted by alex1229
    Well done Alex.

Hotels? Most stay at either the Castle Marina Holiday Inn, or the Premier Inn, also on Castle Marina.

For a cheaper option, there are loads of B & B's in Nottingham.

Please note you'll need to catch a taxi to & from DTD (unless you have your own transport), so it's best to stay where other players are staying, as you can share taxis.

There is not really any accommodation within walking distance.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 at DTD 20th-23rd August 2015 : Well done Alex. Hotels? Most stay at either the Castle Marina Holiday Inn, or the Premier Inn, also on Castle Marina.   For a cheaper option, there are loads of B & B's in Nottingham. Please note you'll need to catch a taxi to & from DTD (unless you have your own transport), so it's best to stay where other players are staying, as you can share taxis. There is not really any accommodation within walking distance.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers Tikay, question is, am i feeling lucky?