You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Words can cost site owners money!

2»

Comments

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Words can cost site owners money!:
    Thread is lol. Banned from various sites for minor stuff ? I have been on the end of your banter for a man of a certain age I would expect better. You would certainly not got away with what you said at a live table to me. Although I guess you wouldn't do it live like most keyboard warriors. Pat the "potatoe picker living in a shack".
    Posted by day4eire76
    When? What did I say? Don't accuse without proof!
    You would be surprised what I might do live you silly billy!
  • edited June 2015
    I remember on  another site i used to frequent , I had the user name "Ring Peace" . Customer services rang me up and asked me to change it or I would be banned . I said I would change it as soon as I got home. The lady went  onto say , Can you change it immediately please.... I wasnt even at the table, I was out and about driving. I pulled the van over, logged in on my phone and changed it too  ...well, I dare not put it here...but I got away with it....
    Posted by mumsie
    LOL see what I mean, she has a dirty mind!
  • edited June 2015
    Hi Frank, I would like to give my view on your OP. We should be polite to each other for many reasons, A - As you say,we are adults and inflammatory comments / bad language is playground mentality and we really should have grown up and left that behind- if only to be a role model for our children. B - The site has rules and we should play within the rules. C - You mention the word banter, my view on that is you have banter with people you know, or have had a bit of chat with before on the table or in a thread, as you never know how your words will be received, why go out of your way to deliberately antagonise someone? And most importantly D - Some people have fragile mentality, and low self esteem, you never know who you are directing your perceived "banter" towards and what effect that will have on them, there have been many reported instances of a really bad ending to this scenario, would you be comfortable with your words "we are all adults" then? Have a good day, I hope like me you are never to old to learn.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Hmmm, a good point! My main aim was to get sites not to be so ridiculous with punishment!
    The rules at sky seem to be the strictest I've ever come across!
    I understand that some players go over the top, but look how comedians get paid a fortune to swear! Although this is not directed at anyone in particular....Except that I've seen hecklers really ridiculed and destroyed by a comedians! But do any get chat banned, NO
    I have already stated that I don't really condone it, but I seem to be one of the few that can deal with it!
    The only time I get a bit rude is when I'm baited, or abused!

Don't forget though.... Adults are just grown up children!

Is this a poker site or play school! lol
  • edited June 2015
    sigh yet someone else who thinks giving out abuse is 'normal'. 

It is not.  It is not in real life.  It is not on the internet.  Just because some trolls think it is ok, that doesn't mean it is.

EVERYONE pays their money and has the right to play poker in an environment where they don't have to suffer any abuse or have swearing thrown in their face.
  • edited June 2015
    sigh yet someone else who thinks giving out abuse is 'normal'.  It is not.  It is not in real life.  It is not on the internet.  Just because some trolls think it is ok, that doesn't mean it is. EVERYONE pays their money and has the right to play poker in an environment where they don't have to suffer any abuse or have swearing thrown in their face.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    I added to the thread... Yes you are right! YOU ************ ******* lol
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Words can cost site owners money! : I added to the thread... Yes you are right! YOU ************ ******* lol
    Posted by Frank53
    Think you need to talk to Frank, er Frank.....

What you on fella??? Speed? Reefers? Crystal meth? Rohypnol?

All of the above??
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Words can cost site owners money! : Think you need to talk to Frank, er Frank..... What you on fella??? Speed? Reefers? Crystal meth? Rohypnol? All of the above??
    Posted by davelufc
    DRIED FRUIT, and well rotted compost! FRIED BUT NOT SHAKEN!
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Words can cost site owners money! : DRIED FRUIT, and well rotted compost! FRIED BUT NOT SHAKEN!
    Posted by Frank53
    Just like all of your posts fella,,,,,,
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Words can cost site owners money! : Just like all of your posts fella,,,,,,
    Posted by davelufc
    Funny you should mention posts!

My hobby is collecting all different kinds of fencing posts! I have over 3 hundred now! But some are the same so I hang onto them for swaps!

Oh and no body forces you to read my , or anyone's posts!
    So when you see "Frank53" I take it you won't read it ... lol
    Well while I'm here .... Gulp.
    Then it's back to the boring old poker site eh?