You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Where's my token?

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Should I be surprised that this sort of thing hasn't been tested before being rolled out live?
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Where's my token?:
    Got enough points for a token but it's not showing in my account. Any idea where it is?
    Posted by Riptide
    It seems that whatever u register for , including a 30p dym that sky will automatically take your token... so it cannot be saved up as it takes it with no warning...absolute fiasco imo.....live chat will refund you this time but there stance is this. Simon K: Yeah they will not expire. This doesn't mean that if you play it does not take your token though. All it is saying is that you can save your free tokens for up to 6 months and if you get more than one you can add them together to buy into a bigger tournament. But, as I sai I will add you this £2 back on as credit for you to buy into a game now for you, okay? Simon K: Thanks again but this still does not say it will not be used if you play. I am offering to credit you this money as cash I don't understand why you keep sending these snippets?

i was sending him sky kirstys updated rules and also sky_jps comments saying quite clearly they can be saved up...how can they be saved up if they are taken automatically with no warning?
  • edited June 2015
    Imo this was a dead cert to happen,not implemented correctly and players moaning,sky wanted to change the format to a complicated one imo and now this is the fruits of the change.It may be only a token but if your gonna change things for the worse and a change that most players hate the very least sky can do is get it right the 1st time or as this op proves complaints are gonna come your way.
  • edited June 2015
    You could save them up if you played solely cash games, but I don't think that was the intention.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Where's my token?:
    You could save them up if you played solely cash games, but I don't think that was the intention.
    Posted by bbMike
    i seem to remember someone wanted the expiry extended so those on a cruise wouldn't lose them
    and this setup does achieve that
    job done

#yougetwhatyouaskfor
  • edited June 2015
    Seems Sky has made a fortune overnight by virtue of the terms and conditions of the new rewards scheme. How many players not aware that their token was in their account or not knowing the rules abount new rewards registered blindly and automatically though habit for a 25p DYM or similar to fill in a few minutes found their £2.30 token gone?
    It happened to me and I suppose technically it was my fault. I still think we should have the option to use it when we decide to and not be the victim of what some people might describe to be legal but sharp practice by Sky.
  • edited June 2015
    im not sure if ive got mine, used it or not.
    where to click to find out ?

if it transpires that it gets used in the 1st tournie i enter, im scrapping tournie play here and going back to cash. ill Just be earning 100 points then waiting till they reset themselves.

The stunt that Sky poker appears to be pulling leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Ive been earning my points in good faith.
  • edited June 2015
    im not sure if ive got mine, used it or not. where to click to find out ? if it transpires that it gets used in the 1st tournie i enter, im scrapping tournie play here and going back to cash. ill Just be earning 100 points then waiting till they reset themselves. The stunt that Sky poker appears to be pulling leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Ive been earning my points in good faith.
    Posted by mumsie
    Go to my account in transactions select poker 24hrs should be sufficient(can alway choose week if you want) and quick history search.gl
  • edited June 2015
    Could be the first time Sky players don't want free cash, because surely players have said they want to save up their tokens for a big game in the future. Yet today Sky are handing out £2.30 cash and not the token that the players have accepted is the new thing and now want to save up. So players who earnt a token last week now don't have a token..
  • edited June 2015
    Hi All,

I apologise for the issue with the use of the tournament tokens. If you feel that you have not got the full value from the token please contact our customer care team who will be able to help.

As for accumulating tournament tokens we will look into the issue that automatically using the tokens has caused and aim to resolve for next week. 

Thanks
    Sam
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks for replying on here.

I hope it's sorted for next week. 

Note-to-self Make sure the next Tourney I enter is at least £2.30 BI and I record the result against Mrs P's holiday fund.
  • edited June 2015
    as many others i presume, no token, how can i sort this ?
  • edited June 2015
    Hi All, I apologise for the issue with the use of the tournament tokens. If you feel that you have not got the full value from the token please contact our customer care team who will be able to help. As for accumulating tournament tokens we will look into the issue that automatically using the tokens has caused and aim to resolve for next week.  Thanks Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Surely it can't be too difficult to have a "use token" option available when entering a tournament??  Other sites do.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Where's my token? : Surely it can't be too difficult to have a "use token" option available when entering a tournament??  Other sites do.
    Posted by waller02
    I think i read in another thread that the programmers were on a 6 month cruise.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Where's my token? : I think i read in another thread that the programmers were on a 6 month cruise.
    Posted by mumsie
    I have always loved it here on Sky, still do (ish). But I do find something like this hard to defend. I appreciate there could have been teething problems, but this has gone about as wrong as it possibly could.

I rarely earn more than 500 points a week these days and wasn't overly pleased about this tournament token change. But when Sky posted saying you could save up the tokens for bigger buyins it totally changed my opinion, it was a great idea.

Here's hoping it is sorted by next week but on current form, can anybody really believe anything posted by Sky???
  • edited June 2015
    This token issue was predictable, i thought there would be teething problems there usually are when Sky do things a little bit different. I enjoy playing on Sky and have no intention of going anywhere else and its no big deal for me really although my intention was to collect the tokens and enter a decent buyin later on. But  a new customer may think differently they have just joined and have to contact customer services to get there token back not good IMO. Surely systems are checked before they are used. It seems to me that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
    Next week if you are a reg and think you will earn a token regually withdraw a £5 from your bankroll 2 weeks token worth and collect the cash in your bank AC until you want to enter a tournamant then put the cash back into Sky poker. That way you won't be using your token for £0.30p DYMs or whatever.
  • edited June 2015
    My token was there yesterday.now it has disappeared!
  • edited June 2015
    My token was there yesterday.now it has disappeared!
    Posted by wynne1938
    If you entered ANY SNG or MTT that had a BI the token will have been used automatically instead of your cash deposit.

If the BI was less that £2.30 you would have lost the full £2.30 value.

Sky are aware of these issues and are working to resolve it for next week.

In the meantime if you accidentally wasted part of your token on a BI less than £2.30, contact Customer Care for a refund.

• edited June 2015
    What's the point in having bonus/token on your account page if that's what it's not going to be used for? As said before that way you will be able to either save or spend it. 
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Where's my token? : If you entered ANY SNG or MTT that had a BI the token will have been used automatically instead of your cash deposit. If the BI was less that £2.30 you would have lost the full £2.30 value. Sky are aware of these issues and are working to resolve it for next week. In the meantime if you accidentally wasted part of your token on a BI less than £2.30, contact Customer Care for a refund.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I have complained by e-mail to sky,lets see what answer they give me!
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Where's my token? : I have complained by e-mail to sky,lets see what answer they give me!
    Posted by wynne1938
    They refund you like multiple other have said. Thread closed
  • edited June 2015
    Like many others, I lost part of the value of my token.

It will cost me more in time & effort chasing SKY to get the money back. Surely it is encumbent on SKY to check everyone's accounts and make the refunds without prompting?
  • edited June 2015
    Assuming all of us who have been affected by the token issue get, for example, a £2 refund if they had entered a 30p DYM it would appear we cannot play another 30p DYM until we have used the token for its full value because the exact same thing will happen again. Until this issue is resolved Sky is stopping me from playing and therefore losing money. Sky is also stopping me from enjoying my normal poker playing routine. They are also trying to dictate that those not effected and aware of the consequences use the token's full value as soon as possible and probably at a time they do not want to. It appears to me that Sky have not thought this through and opened a very large can of worms. I am sure there will be a resolution but how long it takes is open to debate. You can argue that a person who likes the low stake games and plays for hours each day for cheap entertainment can keep an eye on his account to see if the presumed refund arrives. If you elect to do that , as I will, make sure you do not press the "play again" option because you can bet your bottom dollar (no pun intended) the refund token would have arrived during the last deal, been automatically taken once again, and put you back at square one.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Where's my token? : If you entered ANY SNG or MTT that had a BI the token will have been used automatically instead of your cash deposit. If the BI was less that £2.30 you would have lost the full £2.30 value. Sky are aware of these issues and are working to resolve it for next week. In the meantime if you accidentally wasted part of your token on a BI less than £2.30, contact Customer Care for a refund.
    Posted by Phantom66
    issues?

the only one i've seen them refer to is losing the value of the whole token even if its a cheaper game. what other issue have they said they will resolve?
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Where's my token? : issues? the only one i've seen them refer to is losing the value of the whole token even if its a cheaper game. what other issue have they said they will resolve?
    Posted by GELDY
    Allowing people to choose when they use their token, as opposed to it being auto-used the first SNG/MTT you play after its awarded...
  • edited June 2015
    All sorted for me following email to customer services. Got £2-30p cash refund (non withdrawable) in less than 24 hours. I was reminded that any future token I gained would be taken first automatically even up against a 30p DYM.
  • edited June 2015
    All sorted for me following email to customer services. Got £2-30p cash refund (non withdrawable) in less than 24 hours. I was reminded that any future token I gained would be taken first automatically even up against a 30p DYM.
    Posted by Alpha33
    So basically what they've said to you is we cannot save them up and use them on games we would like to play. I never even realised that mine was in my account. If that's the case wont bother going for the 2.30 token and just go for points for fr.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Where's my token? : Allowing people to choose when they use their token, as opposed to it being auto-used the first SNG/MTT you play after its awarded...
    Posted by shakinaces
    As for accumulating tournament tokens we will look into the issue that automatically using the tokens has caused and aim to resolve for next week. 

i guess you are hoping that this means they won't automatically be used - although it doesn't actually say that

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Where's my token? : As for accumulating tournament tokens we will look into the issue that automatically using the tokens has caused and aim to resolve for next week.  i guess you are hoping that this means they won't automatically be used - although it doesn't actually say that
    Posted by GELDY
    It doesn't explicitly say so, no. Seems to imply it though and I've got the faith that they will deliver on what SkyKirsty posted on the main rewards forum thread.

As a famouse Rose once said 'All we need is just a little patience'
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Where's my token? : It doesn't explicitly say so, no. Seems to imply it though and I've got the faith that they will deliver on what SkyKirsty posted on the main rewards forum thread. As a famouse Rose once said 'All we need is just a little patience'
    Posted by shakinaces

Admit it Shaky you are really a Take that fan...;-)