You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CLOSE THREAD PLEASE

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Some of your comments are woeful Steve. I don't wanna derail so if you wanna discuss then you know where I am.

Wp Boxxy (again!), and thanks to those that make it happen every week.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part:
    Agree Matt, the lack of prizes are killing the competition. A loss of a hundred players in DTD1 over the last two months (250 two months ago). A lot of that drop though has been this month so although the prizes has been a big factor, I think the lack of team competition has knocked numbers this month. I think when everyone goes back to playing in their own teams, numbers will start to pick up. I just hope that the players that have walked away, haven't walked away permanently. DTD needs a boost. Maybe SKY will consider at least restoring the individual prizes to get this competition moving again. The lack of rake doesn't help whereas prizes pull in players. We also need to have at least four or five competitive teams. This month has become a non-event and the numbers show that. The next two weeks are unlikely to be any better. It seems that a lot of people are losing heart so it is up to captains to try to keep people playing or else DTD will disappear altogether.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger

Firstly describing this month as a "non-event" is completely disrespectful to be honest even though i havent played in the tournaments this month this month more than ever the community has shown what its about. Like you say maybe its up to the captains to do something about it. So maybe as captain of your team you should think about what you post before you post it. 
  • edited June 2015

Well played Boxster :)

Field sizes are down in all tournaments across the site at the moment, as expected. Heading into the Sumer months people play poker less and do other stuff more. It happens every year, without fail. Entries are down in everything from the Super Roller to the £2.20 @ 2-20 Deepstack. The DTD games aren't immune from this.

A much better comparison is to look at this week last year. I already have. DTD 1 had 118 entrants on 16th June 2014. So in fact numbers are actually up.

• edited June 2015
    Agree Matt, the lack of prizes are killing the competition. A loss of a hundred players in DTD1 over the last two months (250 two months ago). A lot of that drop though has been this month so although the prizes has been a big factor, I think the lack of team competition has knocked numbers this month. I think when everyone goes back to playing in their own teams, numbers will start to pick up. I just hope that the players that have walked away, haven't walked away permanently. DTD needs a boost. Maybe SKY will consider at least restoring the individual prizes to get this competition moving again. The lack of rake doesn't help whereas prizes pull in players. We also need to have at least four or five competitive teams. This month has become a non-event and the numbers show that. The next two weeks are unlikely to be any better. It seems that a lot of people are losing heart so it is up to captains to try to keep people playing or else DTD will disappear altogether.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Where do I start....

ok well firstly.. I don't believe you posted out of concerm for DTDS future. What you are doing is using 'Team Dagg' as a pedestal to make your case that since a few of THS left sky poker dtd is dying. It isn't, and it won't. get over yourself.

All we asked you to do was show a bit of support for a guy we ALL know... One of the backbones of this community. I didn't ask your entire team to play, didn't suggest the whole community joined in. A few from each team woulda been just fine. Bit of a 'we're here for you Dagg' gesture. Forget the ItsdtditsallaboutuswegottawincozweAREdtd mentality and just play it for Dale...... Jeeeeeez!!!!!! I am actually so shocked I can't even rant at you properly..

Dale, if you do read this.. Please, please don't be upset. Team Dagg continues, and you make sure you keep on fighting. One idiot changes nothing. This community supports you and wishes you all the best.

I will take on board your point that capos need to do more. Will try get the whole team out for Dagg next week :).

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : Firstly describing this month as a "non-event" is completely disrespectful to be honest even though i havent played in the tournaments this month this month more than ever the community has shown what its about. Like you say maybe its up to the captains to do something about it. So maybe as captain of your team you should think about what you post before you post it. 
    Posted by RLT16
    Not at all disrespectful.

All teams supported the Team Dagg concept on the first week of the month and most teams respected Dale's request to go back to normal competition the following week.

However, while my team & most others respected his request, one team didn't and that has in part caused the drop in numbers this month.

Let's just hope that this doesn't do permanent damage to what has been a great community event for many years.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : Not at all disrespectful. All teams supported the Team Dagg concept on the first week of the month and most teams respected Dale's request to go back to normal competition the following week. However, while my team & most others respected his request, one team didn't and that has in part caused the drop in numbers this month. Let's just hope that this doesn't do permanent damage to what has been a great community event for many years.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Dude all he said was 'I understand if you wanna go play for your own team now'...

So now you're saying Outlaws killed DTD.

You have picked the wrong time to try and make this case.

Awful.......
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : Where do I start.... ok well firstly.. I don't believe you posted out of concerm for DTDS future. What you are doing is using 'Team Dagg' as a pedestal to make your case that since a few of THS left sky poker dtd is dying. It isn't, and it won't. get over yourself. All we asked you to do was show a bit of support for a guy we ALL know... One of the backbones of this community. I didn't ask your entire team to play, didn't suggest the whole community joined in. A few from each team woulda been just fine. Bit of a 'we're here for you Dagg' gesture. Forget the ItsdtditsallaboutuswegottawincozweAREdtd mentality and just play it for Dale...... Jeeeeeez!!!!!! I am actually so shocked I can't even rant at you properly.. Dale, if you do read this.. Please, please don't be upset. Team Dagg continues, and you make sure you keep on fighting. One idiot changes nothing. This community supports you and wishes you all the best. I will take on board your point that capos need to do more. Will try get the whole team out for Dagg next week :).
    Posted by TASHAL
    Maybe you should respect Dale's request for other teams to play as normal.

Our numbers are holding up fine but overall numbers are down.

DTD was getting record numbers in January & February so the fall away is pretty dramatic. It is a combination of reasons, I accept with the removal of individual prizes affecting it most but each week it goes without the team competition makes it tougher to resurrect it to the numbers of a few months ago.

Rather than going into rants & outrage, maybe we should be looking at what can be done to prevent DTD falling further & resurrecting it to its former glory.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : Not at all disrespectful. All teams supported the Team Dagg concept on the first week of the month and most teams respected Dale's request to go back to normal competition the following week. However, while my team & most others respected his request, one team didn't and that has in part caused the drop in numbers this month. Let's just hope that this doesn't do permanent damage to what has been a great community event for many years.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    So people supporting dagg in you words "has in part caused the drop in numbers"  you need to take a serious look at yourself and what your writing. And i thought the new leadership couldn't be any worse than before.  
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : Dude all he said was 'I understand if you wanna go play for your own team now'... So now you're saying Outlaws killed DTD. You have picked the wrong time to try and make this case. Awful.......
    Posted by TASHAL
    It hasn't been killed but it hasn't helped.

Dale asked players to play for their own teams after one week and the other teams did that.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : Maybe you should respect Dale's request for other teams to play as normal. Our numbers are holding up fine but overall numbers are down. DTD was getting record numbers in January & February so the fall away is pretty dramatic. It is a combination of reasons, I accept with the removal of individual prizes affecting it most but each week it goes without the team competition makes it tougher to resurrect it to the numbers of a few months ago. Rather than going into rants & outrage, maybe we should be looking at what can be done to prevent DTD falling further & resurrecting it to its former glory.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Your numbers are not holding fine the week before hitman was booted you had 41 runners compared to 22 this week, thats hardly holding fine.  Maybe u could bring some of them back?
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : So people supporting dagg in you words "has in part caused the drop in numbers"  you need to take a serious look at yourself and what your writing. And i thought the new leadership couldn't be any worse than before.  
    Posted by RLT16
    Not at all.

The support was brilliant. In fact I think it should go further.

The issue occured when one team (Outlaws) ignored Dale's request to go back to playing for their own teams.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : Your numbers are not holding fine the week before hitman was booted you had 41 runners compared to 22 this week, thats hardly holding fine.  Maybe u could bring some of them back?
    Posted by RLT16
    Our numbers are holding fine compared to the overall numbers.

While no doubt they will be similar for the next couple of weeks, hopefully they will be higher next month.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : THE PRIZES WENT COZ YOUR EX CAPO COLLUDED!!!!!! This month all we wanted was to support Dale, and stick a finger up to cancer in the process. Thankyou for shiteing on that, WPWP.
    Posted by TASHAL
    Everybody supported that.

Thanks for the abuse Tash.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : Everybody supported that. Thanks for the abuse Tash.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    You are very welcome Steve. Richly deserved.

I have more but i'll save it. Sure there will be another instance where its needed....
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : Not at all. The support was brilliant. In fact I think it should go further. The issue occured when one team (Outlaws) ignored Dale's request to go back to playing for their own teams.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    There are plenty of players from all teams not just outlaws still playing for team dagg, and rightly so, at the Firstly describing this month as a "non-event" is completely disrespectful to be honest even though i havent played in the tournaments this month this month more than ever the community has shown what its about. Like you say maybe its up to the captains to do something about it. So maybe as captain of your team you should think about what you post before you post it.  of the month they announced what they were doing in support of him. And they are going through with that nothing less nothing more.  Don't lay this on one team due to previous events. The teams choosing to support dagg will have had nonnegative effect at all, and might i add that some people who may not normally play the event may have event entered under the team dagg banner to help support him. Your comments quite clearly have little thought behind them and definitely have no actually evidence behind them to back up the claims.  You've made yourself look like a complete fool and quite frankly if i was in THS id be embarrassed to have you representing the team
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : Not at all. The support was brilliant. In fact I think it should go further. The issue occured when one team (Outlaws) ignored Dale's request to go back to playing for their own teams.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    I've scrolled back and found the post from Dale. Page 6/7, can't remember, if you wanna look yourself.

''I'd be quite happy if DTD returned to the regular format next week but I'll leave that decision up to you lot''.

Where is the request to return to our respective teams?

• edited June 2015
    Guys - these posts are doing nothing to help the DTD thread (or wider Sky community) - fairly obvious which side of the divide I'm on in the debate, but perhaps best to call a ceasefire here and discuss away from the boards?

Who'd have thought it, Harry is the voice of reason on the forum! :)

As has been re-iterated on several threads, the numbers of runners are always super low in the summer months and no format of the game is immune from that.  I'm sure no prizes has had some effect, but will be very surprised if we don't get to September/October and see DTD numbers back up above 200 (for DTD1 at least).

VWP to Boxster (TeamDagg) for the win last night, well deserved.
  • edited June 2015
    Well played Boxster :) Field sizes are down in all tournaments across the site at the moment, as expected. Heading into the Sumer months people play poker less and do other stuff more. It happens every year, without fail. Entries are down in everything from the Super Roller to the £2.20 @ 2-20 Deepstack. The DTD games aren't immune from this. A much better comparison is to look at this week last year. I already have. DTD 1 had 118 entrants on 16th June 2014. So in fact numbers are actually up.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Says it all ^^ maybe people should learn facts before writing goad posts in a tender situation and all could get back to normal next month without all this carp above which is now bringing a dark cloud over something that should have been something positve. 

WP david! ace again... altho surprised you havent had a dig for not playig for 51 ;)
  • edited June 2015
    Apologies if my wording was clumsy. It clearly was open to misinterpretation.

All i was trying to do was to look at ways to prevent DTD dying & encourage numbers back as soon as possble.

We will see next month if there are any lasting effects by the numbers in July. Hopefully all captains will be encouraging players to play in DTD. DTD only works if there are several teams. We need each other if the event is to flourish. While there may be rivalry, it works best when that is a friendly rivalry where we can put down our team colours and be friends at the end of the day.

Didn't expect this kind of response.

Apologies again.
  • edited June 2015
    Apologies if my wording was clumsy. It clearly was open to misinterpretation. All i was trying to do was to look at ways to prevent DTD dying & encourage numbers back as soon as possble. We will see next month if there are any lasting effects by the numbers in July. Hopefully all captains will be encouraging players to play in DTD. DTD only works if there are several teams. We need each other if the event is to flourish. While there may be rivalry, it works best when that is a friendly rivalry where we can put down our team colours and be friends at the end of the day. Didn't expect this kind of response. Apologies again.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    What kind of response did you expect then?
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : I've scrolled back and found the post from Dale. Page 6/7, can't remember, if you wanna look yourself. ''I'd be quite happy if DTD returned to the regular format next week but I'll leave that decision up to you lot''. Where is the request to return to our respective teams?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I think all teams intended to stick with abandoning the team aspect for this month but Dragons, Ravens & ourselves interpreted this as a request to return to team competition. Again, it can be interpreted differently.

We had all collectively done enough in Week One to ensure that Team Dagg win the monthly crown and that will permanently be in the DTD records for posterity, as it should. 
  • edited June 2015
    Ok, lets let it rest now! Sure Dale would be unhappy seeing this.

Does no good openly bickering on this thread.

We are to discuss in admin re the issues mentioned so hopefully back on track soon :)

Thanks for the congrats to me, hat trick next week ???

• edited June 2015
    Oh and err {cough} ... nearly forgot the monthly individual table ;) <td align="CENTER" valign="

Pos Player 1st June 8th June 15th June 22nd June 29th June Entries Total Score ave best of 3

1 BOXSTER 62 7 9

3 78.00 26.00

2 SAMANTHA25 69 43 52

3 164.00 54.67

3 TSAAAAR 42 46 82

3 170.00 56.67

4 JOHNFRUM 43 13 125

3 181.00 60.33

5 CRACKED 51 44 103

3 198.00 66.00

6 BOOMSWITCH 79 107 15

3 201.00 67.00

7 SHERIFOO7 94 57 54

3 205.00 68.33

8 FLASHJONNY 62 56 90

3 208.00 69.33

9 POKERTREV 34 64 117

3 215.00 71.67

10 LMFAOALLIN 41 83 99

3 223.00 74.33

11 CRAIGCU12 82 51 103

3 236.00 78.67

12 LUVBWFC 131 84 22

3 237.00 79.00

13 SILENTCHIV 83 86 74

3 243.00 81.00

14 WYNNE1938 83 75 92

3 250.00 83.33

15 HENDRIK62 127 79 48

3 254.00 84.67

16 SHAKINACES 160 97 11

3 268.00 89.33

17 MAXALLY 81 136 63

3 280.00 93.33

18 BENALMAN 159 99 48

3 306.00 102.00

19 18AND5TIME 94 69 150

3 313.00 104.33

20 POMFRITTES 200 52 63

3 315.00 105.00

21 JONDABAR 175 89 96

3 360.00 120.00

22 IMBER 124 94 158

3 376.00 125.33

23 GELDY 138 155 113

3 406.00 135.33

24 ICE_TIGER 218 95 99

3 412.00 137.33

25 IDONKCALLU 27

2 59.00 0.00

26 MOON_RIVER 35

2 65.00 0.00

27 THISLTEDU
    35 31

2 66.00 0.00

28 GIANT811 62

2 89.00 0.00

29 TOMGOODUN 26 77

2 103.00 0.00

30 RIVERRICK 83 28

2 111.00 0.00

31 WILHELM
    41 72

2 113.00 0.00

32 HHYFTRFTDR
    54 66

2 120.00 0.00

33 BBMIKE
    44 86

2 130.00 0.00

34 STOKEFC 40 94

2 134.00 0.00

35 MUMSIE
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FORUM DTD Monday 15th June - ALL are welcome to take part : What kind of response did you expect then?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Maybe collective enthusiasm and a flow of ideas on what can be done. I enjoy DTD on Mondays and the fall away from record numbers just a few months ago to near all time low numbers has been dramatic, clearly affected by a number of issues.

SKY are generally pretty amenable to initiatives to boost numbers so I am sure they will consider any good ideas.

I am not a prolific poster on the forum so probably I was being rather naive.
  • edited June 2015
    Ok, lets let it rest now! Sure Dale would be unhappy seeing this. Does no good openly bickering on this thread. We are to discuss in admin re the issues mentioned so hopefully back on track soon :) Thanks for the congrats to me, hat trick next week ???
    Posted by Boxster
    I was watching your tables last night for the last hour or so & have to say (for the second week running), it was a Masterclass in DTD play.

Has anyone ever won it three weeks on the trot?
  • edited June 2015
    Yr table must be wrong Boxxy, has me in 2nd :)

Oh and err {cough} ... nearly forgot the monthly individual table ;) Pos Player 1st June 8th June 15th June 22nd June 29th June Entries Total Score ave best of 3 1 BOXSTER 62 7 9 3 78.00 26.00 2 SAMANTHA25 69 43 52 3 164.00 54.67 3 TSAAAAR 42 46 82 3 170.00 56.67 4 JOHNFRUM 43 13 125 3 181.00 60.33 5 CRACKED 51 44 103 3 198.00 66.00 6 BOOMSWITCH 79 107 15 3 201.00 67.00 7 SHERIFOO7 94 57 54 3 205.00 68.33 8 FLASHJONNY 62 56 90 3 208.00 69.33 9 POKERTREV 34 64 117 3 215.00 71.67 10 LMFAOALLIN 41 83 99 3 223.00 74.33 11 CRAIGCU12 82 51 103 3 236.00 78.67 12 LUVBWFC 131 84 22 3 237.00 79.00 13 SILENTCHIV 83 86 74 3 243.00 81.00 14 WYNNE1938 83 75 92 3 250.00 83.33 15 HENDRIK62 127 79 48 3 254.00 84.67 16 SHAKINACES 160 97 11 3 268.00 89.33 17 MAXALLY 81 136 63 3 280.00 93.33 18 BENALMAN 159 99 48 3 306.00 102.00 19 18AND5TIME 94 69 150 3 313.00 104.33 20 POMFRITTES 200 52 63 3 315.00 105.00 21 JONDABAR 175 89 96 3 360.00 120.00 22 IMBER 124 94 158 3 376.00 125.33 23 GELDY 138 155 113 3 406.00 135.33 24 ICE_TIGER 218 95 99 3 412.00 137.33 25 IDONKCALLU 27 32 2 59.00 0.00 26 MOON_RIVER 35 30 2 65.00 0.00 27 THISLTEDU 35 31 2 66.00 0.00 28 GIANT811 62 27 2 89.00 0.00 29 TOMGOODUN 26 77 2 103.00 0.00 30 RIVERRICK 83 28 2 111.00 0.00 31 WILHELM 41 72 2 113.00 0.00 32 HHYFTRFTDR 54 66 2 120.00 0.00 33 BBMIKE 44 86 2 130.00 0.00 34 STOKEFC 40 94 2 134.00 0.00 35 MUMSIE 88 51 2 139.00 0.00 36 SUMNER0754 77 65 2 142.00 0.00 37 LUCKYOTR 88 60 2 148.00 0.00 38 SHAUNYT 37 116 2 153.00 0.00 39 MYRRDHIN 78 76 2 154.00 0.00 40 SMOKI3 49 108 2 157.00 0.00 41 TRIP33S 91 66 2 157.00 0.00 42 CORMACH 69 100 2 169.00 0.00 43 EVSBACH 63 133 2 196.00 0.00 44 PAGEY1099 85 115 2 200.00 0.00 45 CHRIS_MC 105 97 2 202.00 0.00 46 KOHAN 73 130 2 203.00 0.00 47 STEWIE7 203 21 2 224.00 0.00 48 MACMONSTER 104 125 2 229.00 0.00 49 MATRIXXS 164 76 2 240.00 0.00 50 KEITH1960 89 152 2 241.00 0.00 51 LARGEARCE 96 152 2 248.00 0.00 52 MICKO 106 150 2 256.00 0.00 53 J3ONO 105 157 2 262.00 0.00 54 JEFFTER 158 110 2 268.00 0.00 55 IRISHROSE 158 165 2 323.00 0.00 56 MICKZILLA 236 132 2 368.00 0.00 57 GLDLADYLUC 22 1 22.00 0.00 58 BALLBOY 27 1 27.00 0.00 59 LOL_I_CALL 32 1 32.00 0.00 60 MRBURNS4 40 1 40.00 0.00 61 PDAVO100 46 1 46.00 0.00 62 LYONSBOB06 50 1 50.00 0.00 63 3BARRELS 55 1 55.00 0.00 64 ELLROY84 60 1 60.00 0.00 65 MISTY4ME 60 1 60.00 0.00 66 DARTHPIA 63 1 63.00 0.00 67 SWORDSYBOY 73 1 73.00 0.00 68 BIGBOB7213 79 1 79.00 0.00 69 BRRRRRRR 79 1 79.00 0.00 70 DANSPOT 79 1 79.00 0.00 71 GRAE 79 1 79.00 0.00 72 TASHAL 80 1 80.00 0.00 73 MATTPRAWN 84 1 84.00 0.00 74 OBAN 87 1 87.00 0.00 75 FREAKIN 91 1 91.00 0.00 76 YNOT49 94 1 94.00 0.00 77 DTWBANDIT 95 1 95.00 0.00 78 SLYKLLIST 96 1 96.00 0.00 79 POKEY2011 101 1 101.00 0.00 80 LELLY01 106 1 106.00 0.00 81 EYEMAN 108 1 108.00 0.00 82 DAGGERS747 114 1 114.00 0.00 83 RED_KING 114 1 114.00 0.00 84 FLYINGDAGG 129 1 129.00 0.00 85 SIMONLUFC 132 1 132.00 0.00 86 TENTENTEN 133 1 133.00 0.00 87 LFB 138 1 138.00 0.00 88 RIVERMUNKY 169 1 169.00 0.00 89 BARBIE59 178 1 178.00 0.00 90 WASYLM2003 186 1 186.00 0.00 91 JJJACH 188 1 188.00 0.00 92 JAC35 207 1 207.00 0.00 93 DARKANGEL7 235 1 235.00 0.00 94 XTORTION8 248 1 248.00 0.00 95 LARSON7 257 1 257.00 0.00
    Posted by Boxster
  • edited June 2015
    Still 2 weeks for you to blow it Sam.

Probably not the first time someone has said that to you.
  • edited June 2015
    Still 2 weeks for you to blow it Sam. Probably not the first time someone has said that to you.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Ooooh! Nice one spammy :)

Ignore H, he's being icky as usual....
  • edited June 2015
    the lynch mob strikes again
    and you wonder why some people are leaving skypoker when there is now so much hostility

• edited June 2015
    the lynch mob strikes again and you wonder why some people are leaving skypoker when there is now so much hostility
    Posted by GELDY
    Lynch mob, you want me to take this one or has someone else got it??