You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This Question will Not just go away?

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
cash for points means at the end of the month you cash them in... read the Ts and Cs or get crushed by the sky legal machine lol.

Comments

• edited January 2010

Now I could be missing something or not able to find  the relative part in "My Account" ?
    But the advert that comes up on 865   has the  lady definitely saying ,
    "You can cash in your "PLAYER POINTS"  OR use them to enter free-rolls" !!

Now,  I can see the tournaments that come up for the relative 'free rolls' ! 
    But as this question has never been answered by the 'suite's' or 'Sky DES' ..I can only presume they don't want to offer Cash for Points ?
      OR they don't realise their advert is misleading, and could possible fall  under the
    "Trades Description Act" ?

So could someone at  Sky's account dept or management , please answer this thread, and give a clear definition  of what  the advert says and how these points can be cashed, or how they can be used to enter cash tournament's like other site's do..
    (the advert  will appear again in the break on tonight's live TV show  !) "" probably""  

My feeling is,  this question  keeps coming up and some how gets swept under the carpet or left to  fade away .. and I can see that if we were allowed to use  ,
      example: 500 pts to enter  a 5 pound tournament the site would not get much revenue for a month as players would use their stock of points to play but other site's do just that,  'cash or points to enter" !

We  the  players deserve better than being ignored on this question !!  
     I  know I dont have as many points as most regulars here but if your advert says,
     "Cash for Points"  !   You should,  as a player be able to  use them to enter tournaments !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWOhw95IO2s

Than you in anticipation of your reply ! Barry (bennydip2)

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: This Question will Not just go away?:
    cash for points means at the end of the month you cash them in... read the Ts and Cs or get crushed by the sky legal machine lol.
    Posted by BlackFish3
      I  KNOW THAT   ... hello    !!   thats  not what is being said !!
  • edited January 2010
    i have been with sky for 5 months and have 50k points, benny take a look at comunity sugestions, bigshann started a thred months ago
  • edited January 2010
    the question will not go away, that don't mean it will ever get answered
  • edited January 2010
    I would like to see a sky poker shop or something to do with them.
  • edited January 2010
    the question will not go away, that don't mean it will ever get answered
    Posted by freechips1
    "freechips"  Thats the whole point, i know of Bigshann's post, and its been asked many times but Skypoker  just ignore it, hence  this one again ..

It's time the suites stopped thinking  and doing something about it ..

I blame the messengers for not getting the point over to the bosses ...
  • edited January 2010
    I would like to see a sky poker shop or something to do with them.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Well  yes  thats a good point some players would love that  ....  but also points should be able to be used for entering tournaments  ...

Like I said   something like 500 for  a  5 pound tournament entry ..  there was a time if I remember when a player who won the open entered the tournament  with his player points,
    he was a phone in guest on A Players Journey , maybe  18 months ago ?
  • edited January 2010
    it has got to the point where everyone has so many points its going to cost sky a fortune.  if they open a store or give you the chance to exchange them for cash it will just cost far to much, a store should have been put in place when the site first opened, i have 47000 points any1 want em? what about the big guns ajs and gerrard9 i bet they have near 1 million.  the only way i can ever see this working is sky hold their hands up and say sorry, but we cant afford to cash em all in but we will wipe the slate clean (all points gone) and from now on we have a store where you can buy in direct to a mtt or exchange them for cash. i just cant see sky giving away soooo much money when they don't have to. i would love to see direct primo buy in for 2000 points but its not gonna happen.  sky you do need to sort this out soon as this problem will not be going away and the longer its left the more points you will have to deal with. poker points is the sky poker reward scheme then please reward me and give me somethig to do with them.
  • edited January 2010
    it has got to the point where everyone has so many points its going to cost sky a fortune.  if they open a store or give you the chance to exchange them for cash it will just cost far to much, a store should have been put in place when the site first opened, i have 47000 points any1 want em? what about the big guns ajs and gerrard9 i bet they have near 1 million.  the only way i can ever see this working is sky hold their hands up and say sorry, but we cant afford to cash em all in but we will wipe the slate clean (all points gone) and from now on we have a store where you can buy in direct to a mtt or exchange them for cash. i just cant see sky giving away soooo much money when they don't have to. i would love to see direct primo buy in for 2000 points but its not gonna happen.  sky you do need to sort this out soon as this problem will not be going away and the longer its left the more points you will have to deal with. poker points is the sky poker reward scheme then please reward me and give me somethig to do with them.
    Posted by freechips1
    wouldnt mind 10% of them..
  • edited January 2010
    on most other sites isit not the rake which u pay in points?? ie £5 plus 50p or 500pp
  • edited January 2010
    on most other sites isit not the rake which u pay in points?? ie £5 plus 50p or 500pp
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Hi Micky I think so,    but then Skypoker takes 'rake' the same as other sites.. the difference is the others DO let you use points to enter as cash  .. But the MAIN point of this initial post was that Skypoker advertise on the TV channel 865  that you can redeem your points for cash  ??
    ...So how do you do it ?   ...  or is this false  advertising ? ... or can cashing them in be done ?
  • edited January 2010
    i can see anne robinson (watchdog) tearing tikay to bits
  • edited January 2010
    I never earn enough poker points in a month to get any cash back so my points just keep building up with no return unless you want to enter a shave fest freeroll to have a 70:1 chance of winning a tournament entry.
  • edited January 2010
    points for cash benny is the pionts u collect u get ie 10 for a sng or lets say 20 for an mtt the higher stake u play the more u get. i know ove some1 who got £3500 last month for there points. del
  • edited January 2010
    points for cash benny is the pionts u collect u get ie 10 for a sng or lets say 20 for an mtt the higher stake u play the more u get. i know ove some1 who got £3500 last month for there points. del
    Posted by DELTA
    Delta  mate  I know that  as  I said to 'Blackfish" earlier !!   

Your missing the point, what is said in the advert is "You can redeem your points for cash" .. ?
     So we all have points we cant get  access to !!!   What I want to know  is  how to redeem  those points to either enter tournaments  as a substitute for  cash or are we supposed to  write them off   ..

The advert is clear in the wording and  in effect  misleading !!
  • edited January 2010
    cash for points playing mtt is not good, its 10% rakeback.  its not possible to work it out for cash games, but i think its 15-20% rakeback but im very unsure.  the current freerolls r a joke! will sky do anythig about this? i think not as i explained in my previos post.  philmenow if i could give you my points i would as i am almost certain they r as much use as a ashtrey on a motorbike.  how can we make sky give us somthing to do with the points? we cant.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: This Question will Not just go away? : Delta  mate  I know that  as  I said to 'Blackfish" earlier !!    Your missing the point, what is said in the advert is "You can redeem your points for cash" .. ?  So we all have points we cant get  access to !!!   What I want to know  is  how to redeem  those points to either enter tournaments  as a substitute for  cash or are we supposed to  write them off   ..   The advert is clear in the wording and  in effect  misleading !!
    Posted by bennydip2
    benny the ad should say you can redeem some of your cash for points
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: This Question will Not just go away? : benny the ad should say you can redeem some of your cash for points
    Posted by freechips1
    Haaaa haa  . What it should say and what it does say  are two different things !!  

Maybe  Des will make a statement on Monday as to how we can get the  points into use ?

Even he has to admit, it's an error and could be deemed as an 'X File,  ' the sort that shouldn't  come to the public notice !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JZNJDChc1Y

The Truth Is Out There !!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to This Question will Not just go away?:
           Now I could be missing something or not able to find  the relative part in "My Account" ? But the advert that comes up on 865   has the  lady definitely saying , "You can cash in your "PLAYER POINTS"  OR use them to enter free-rolls" !! Now,  I can see the tournaments that come up for the relative 'free rolls' !  But as this question has never been answered by the 'suite's' or 'Sky DES' ..I can only presume they don't want to offer Cash for Points ?   OR they don't realise their advert is misleading, and could possible fall  under the "Trades Description Act" ? So could someone at  Sky's account dept or management , please answer this thread, and give a clear definition  of what  the advert says and how these points can be cashed, or how they can be used to enter cash tournament's like other site's do.. (the advert  will appear again in the break on tonight's live TV show  !) "" probably""   My feeling is,  this question  keeps coming up and some how gets swept under the carpet or left to  fade away .. and I can see that if we were allowed to use  ,   example: 500 pts to enter  a 5 pound tournament the site would not get much revenue for a month as players would use their stock of points to play but other site's do just that,  'cash or points to enter" ! We  the  players deserve better than being ignored on this question !!    I  know I dont have as many points as most regulars here but if your advert says,  "Cash for Points"  !   You should,  as a player be able to  use them to enter tournaments ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWOhw95IO2s Than you in anticipation of your reply ! Barry (bennydip2)  
    Posted by bennydip2
    Hi bennydip2,

Thank you for your response.
    We will relay your message to the marketing and management team for review.

Sky Mod
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2010

the main freerolls we have is the primo for 100 points i think which top 15 get in not bad for 700 + runners

but the best 1 is 12k bh top 5 go in and again 700 + runners but for just 25 points wow lol

i totaly agree with u benny but in reguards to the advert  it is not false, it does say you can cash your points in or use them to play in freerolls which is true you can    now i know you cant cash all the points in but it does not say you can  they do need a better system in place for the points  but with the fact that this has been a problem since the start i cant see it changing

i have just said goodnight to my points as to me there are in a state of suspended sleep lol 

if sky do think of changing it but have to start fresh with the points how about a toury players start with the points as chips and play for a nice little pot ( that sky put in place for these points ) it would not cost nowhere near what they are worth but its beeter than nothing say a 5k game
  • edited January 2010
    cash for points playing mtt is not good, its 10% rakeback.  its not possible to work it out for cash games, but i think its 15-20% rakeback but im very unsure.  the current freerolls r a joke! will sky do anythig about this? i think not as i explained in my previos post.  philmenow if i could give you my points i would as i am almost certain they r as much use as a ashtrey on a motorbike.  how can we make sky give us somthing to do with the points? we cant.
    Posted by freechips1
    thnx chips,iv already bought an ashtray for me bike,to go with the chocolate poker for me fire,and its true, they are both useless..however as my BR is now zilch and i have 6 points(lol),those points would at least allow me to play,even in a lousy FR(perfect training for patience and bad beat training),if sky implemented some way of passing chips over to another player,you could at least sell them on,maybe 1000 points for a £1,small potatoes i know,but some sort of return...
  • edited January 2010
     the main freerolls we have is the primo for 100 points i think which top 15 get in not bad for 700 + runners  but the best 1 is 12k bh top 5 go in and again 700 + runners but for just 25 points wow lol    i totaly agree with u benny but in reguards to the advert  it is not false, it does say you can cash your points in or use them to play in freerolls which is true you can    now i know you cant cash all the points in but it does not say you can  they do need a better system in place for the points  but with the fact that this has been a problem since the start i cant see it changing  i have just said goodnight to my points as to me there are in a state of suspended sleep lol   if sky do think of changing it but have to start fresh with the points how about a toury players start with the points as chips and play for a nice little pot ( that sky put in place for these points ) it would not cost nowhere near what they are worth but its beeter than nothing say a 5k game
    Posted by ckd
    That would be an extremely deep stack in some cases!   :-)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to This Question will Not just go away? : Hi bennydip2, Thank you for your response. We will relay your message to the marketing and management team for review. Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_mod2
    Hi Sky MOD2,  Thank you for your post here in this thread, much appreciated knowing that some one is listening up there , and I'd like to thank all the other people who have contributed here as well, thank you.... 
    What I would like to say to everyone is LISTEN to the advert, the wording of it IS  wrong and misleading!

However i'm fully aware that although  MOD2 will pass on the message, the powers that be   will find away to get around the advert and avoid as much consultation about the subject of redeeming this mountain of points that we  the players have in our accounts ..
    What I don't want is a private PM to myself from SkyRICH, I want a public message on this forum as to what  will be the outcome of these points for us all to see.

As you all now realise, I may be looking for the none existence of a small golden chalice that will probably never be found, and the final result will end in me getting a forum and chat ban. 
    However I will not let this subject go away, it has now become my own crusade to get these points back to you the players,  that we the players have earned in our loyalty to SkyPoker over the years..

There is more I could say but it's only fair that we allow 'The  Management' to make a clear statement to us all as to  what will be the outcome of these forgotten points,  that have helped   SkyPoker  and not the players !!

click link below   :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14eUKogPF7s

There are many things happening here on Skypoker  some good,  some not so good.... from a players  view forgetting about these points and the way the management have dealt with this subject is definitely NOT SO GOOD

To  all  of  you  good luck ...   (bennydip2)
  • edited January 2010
    If you contacted watchdog with regard to the advertisement and their use of the words 'redeeming points for cash', you could probably go alot further with this.

I take it that any further points you are currently collecting are being converted to cash each month?
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by freechips1
    hi mate i agree this would be the best solution....some sites(ladbrookes i think) restart the points at nil every month.....
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: This Question will Not just go away? : Hi Sky MOD2,  Thank you for your post here in this thread, much appreciated knowing that some one is listening up there , and I'd like to thank all the other people who have contributed here as well, thank you....  What I would like to say to everyone is LISTEN to the advert, the wording of it IS  wrong and misleading!   However i'm fully aware that although  MOD2 will pass on the message, the powers that be   will find away to get around the advert and avoid as much consultation about the subject of redeeming this mountain of points that we  the players have in our accounts .. What I don't want is a private PM to myself from SkyRICH, I want a public message on this forum as to what  will be the outcome of these points for us all to see. As you all now realise, I may be looking for the none existence of a small golden chalice that will probably never be found, and the final result will end in me getting a forum and chat ban.  However I will not let this subject go away, it has now become my own crusade to get these points back to you the players,  that we the players have earned in our loyalty to SkyPoker over the years.. There is more I could say but it's only fair that we allow 'The  Management' to make a clear statement to us all as to  what will be the outcome of these forgotten points,  that have helped   SkyPoker  and not the players !! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14eUKogPF7s There are many things happening here on Skypoker  some good,  some not so good.... from a players  view forgetting about these points and the way the management have dealt with this subject is definitely NOT SO GOOD To  all  of  you  good luck ...   (bennydip2)
    Posted by bennydip2
    i agree totally with you on this m8y,

there must be a few  millions points between all of us players on skypoker,

and growing because it not being dealt with proper,

the problem will only keep growing and get worse the more its ignored,

hence a lot of growing unhappy costumers.

ps. come on sky suits heads out of the sand plzzz on this one .

• edited January 2010
    Nice one benny for keeping at this.  Im sure I remember a post a while a go from a mod or a suit saying there will be big changes and watch this space.  I think they added a £100 f/r or something which isnt exactly a big change
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: This Question will Not just go away? : hi mate i agree this would be the best solution....some sites(ladbrookes i think) restart the points at nil every month.....
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Hi Davey,   I'm not 100% sure   but I dont think they restart points every month anymore,  what they do  is use "points or cash option"  to enter tournaments, so it's not likely they do both .......... 

Other sites do many different things,  however all sites that I know of, dont hold back points that cant  be used they  all give back in the form of points for tournament  entry,  or some have a shop to redeem  points ...
    Now you could argue that Skypoker have  25pt freerolls  but  I reiterate what the point of the thread is   ... 
    The Advert says  "You can cash in your points, or use them to play freerolls"  !!! 
    So well see   on Monday how we  can use our points or   maybe we cant ?

"Who Can Ya Turn To "   ?
  • edited January 2010
    have to to be honest here not really thought about points cuz i,ve bin doin well and winning abit and think sky shud get there cut . dont know what its worth but i,ve got 20k points never really botherd bout f/rs and not really thought about it so long that i keep putting abit in me bank to pay for for me mortgage and wot not.but if you,ve got a large amount of points i spose its worth quite abit.dont know the ins and outs of this sort of thing and just keep going but if you,ve got alot of points i suppose its woth fighting for good luck in your quest benny