You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This Question will Not just go away?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    i may have missed the point of this of the op but the way i see it is you get money for earning at least 500 points in a month.

i entered points into the bit that says redeem promotional code and as far as im aware i will be getting at least £5.00 back at the end of the month as ive earned over 500 points.

also by earning at least £5.00 in a month you could then use that money to enter a tournement or at least pay for most of a buy in?

apologies if this isnt the point you are making.
  • edited January 2010
    You could turn to this bloke....

Oops, Wrong Picture.

Meant this bloke....

Could try and get a few people joining in the debate as well...

They might even show it on......

the questions WOULD be answered......

But who could be on the panel ???

Discuss.........

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: This Question will Not just go away?:
    have to to be honest here not really thought about points cuz i,ve bin doin well and winning abit and think sky shud get there cut . dont know what its worth but i,ve got 20k points never really botherd bout f/rs and not really thought about it so long that i keep putting abit in me bank to pay for for me mortgage and wot not.but if you,ve got a large amount of points i spose its worth quite abit.dont know the ins and outs of this sort of thing and just keep going but if you,ve got alot of points i suppose its woth fighting for good luck in your quest benny
    Posted by stokefc
    even if you worked that out on the lowest of the low cash for points deal.  Thats still £200-300
  • edited January 2010
    No answer yet from anyone in the Skypoker  Management  , SkyRich or the Marketing people ..

About right for  this lot ...          quick to  try and promote something !!

slow to answer problems that the customer has !!
  • edited January 2010

I might have missed the point here, just skimmed through the thread, but dont we get the cash for points at the end of every month?

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: This Question will Not just go away? : That would be an extremely deep stack in some cases!   :-)
    Posted by MereNovice
    I might have a chance if they decide on this - given that I have played on this site for 7 days a week for 2.5 years!

Motion proposed!
  • edited January 2010
    It looks like Im proved right,
    SKYPOKERS 
    DES AND  RICH , wont answer this thread ...sad really   !!
  • edited January 2010
    I might have missed the point here, just skimmed through the thread, but dont we get the cash for points at the end of every month?
    Posted by dantb10
    If  you missed  the  point why  bother making a comment ???.. read  it again and then you might understand  .. Alot of players have a  lot  of points in their account that  SKYPOKER wont  refund to the players..

So  your wrong to say  we get them each month  thats what you get for what  you have played in that  month :
  • edited January 2010
    It looks like Im proved right, SKYPOKERS  DES AND  RICH , wont answer this thread ...sad really   !!
    Posted by bennydip2
    FYI, neither Sky-rich or Sky Des are in the office today.

• edited January 2010
    What's Sky_Rich gonna say anyway? He's hardly responsible for Sky's marketing! Sky_mod2 has already said it's been passed on to the relevant dept for review.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: This Question will Not just go away? : FYI, neither Sky-rich or Sky Des are in the office today.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you  BOB  umm , TK  sorry    ..  appreciate  your  acknowledgement
  • edited January 2010
    What's Sky_Rich gonna say anyway? He's hardly responsible for Sky's marketing! Sky_mod2 has already said it's been passed on to the relevant dept for review.
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Yes  your right       but  I got this  BEE  in my bonnet  about this having been posted by BigShann and  others over the last  6 months and still has not been  resolved or  a proper response from  Skypoker   other  than "Were looking into  the matter" or words to that effect !! 

Be lucky "hope this helps"    :))
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    after i spent allot of my time reading and posting on the forum (what can i do with my points, community suggestions) i realised i was pisin in the wind so i sent sky a email, i put up a copy of the reply on the same thread 22/12/09. i like benny am not happy about this at all, i am very suprised that more of the regs and the guys who have been with skypoker from the early days (who have the bulk of the points) have not spoken out.  maybe if these guys spoke out then just maybe we can see a result.
  • edited January 2010
    but skys promotion means you have to earn a certain amount in a month.

so if you dont get enough you dont get any money

if you want the points to make you money you have to make sure you play enough to get 500 points min.

if u get say 400 points every month after a year you will have 4800 points. like you say these are of no use.

yes i agree those points are are waste but thats not skys promotion is it?

its all about earning enough in a month.

maybe sky should just wipe the slate clean at the end of the month then you wont have to worry about it
  • edited January 2010

^~^
            +
  • edited January 2010
                ^~^         +
    Posted by bennydip2[/QU

i take it you wanted to bunp this back to the top of the page???
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: This Question will Not just go away? :
                ^~^         + Posted by bennydip2[/QU  i take it you wanted to bunp this back to the top of the page???
    Posted by freechips1

:))
  • edited January 2010
    i made a comment benny because i didnt understand! I did and still do get paid for my points at the end of every month. i thort that was the promotion.

Thanks for being so gracious in your reply i appreciate it.
  • edited January 2010
    It looks like Im proved right, SKYPOKERS  DES AND  RICH , wont answer this thread ...sad really   !!
    Posted by bennydip2

Hi Benny,

apologies i have been out of the office for the last couple of days. let me try and get some 'official' word on this subject for you.

all the best

Rich
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Benny,
    OK, I've just read through this entire thread (well almost...got quite bored towards the end tbh so skipped a few) and the problem is this. The phrase
    "You can cash in your PLAYER POINTS" is misleading because they do it automatically at the end of each month. When you reach certain amounts they credit your account with cash BUT what they do not do is remove those points from your account details afterwards! So what you have under the heading Total Poker Points does not actually mean anything, apart from seeing how many points you have amassed during your time on the site. The only useable points are the ones you are aquiring during the CURRENT MONTH and those are the only points you can use to enter freeroles etc. All previous monthly points have had a "cash back" (if applicable) awarded to them. IMO Sky should just delete the "Total Poker Points" STATISTIC (as that is all it is) because it appears as though you have loads of points when in actual fact YOU DON'T!
    Well, that's the way I see it anyway! Sky Mods please correct me if I'm wrong! Thanks!
    Chris
  • edited January 2010
    right ok, i have an answer from the marketing team....

points are rewarded with 'Cash for Points' where (once customers have entered) we automatically ‘redeem’ them for cash.

We also have lots of freerolls where customers can use their points (see the lobby)

And don't forget the numerous other promotions which offer things for free (i.e. no points needed). For example – TKO Santa’s Sack etc

hopefully this helps clear things up for you a little.

all the best,

Rich

• edited January 2010
    i made a comment benny because i didnt understand! I did and still do get paid for my points at the end of every month. i thort that was the promotion. Thanks for being so gracious in your reply i appreciate it.
    Posted by dantb10
    im with you dan!

benny you are saying the add is missleading!

i dont think it is click on the poker points bit on the homepage and it explains everything!
  • edited January 2010
    i believe this thread has run its course. we have tried to politely explain the 'cash for points' marketing incentive and various other ongoing activities @ sky poker.

we love to hear you ideas and suggestion so if you do have any, please email the marketing team direct at suggestions@skypoker.com

thanks guys.