You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Rewards System

edited July 2015 in Poker Chat
Just wanted to say, if the new rewards system is designed to alienate regular, loyal MTT players who can't or choose not to play every day it's doing an absolutely superb job!

I'll be lucky if I ever see any benefit from it.

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Do many people fail to hit even 50pts a week if they are a 'regular and loyal' Skypoker player?

If you fail to make that many then you can't have been getting any more than £1-ish under the previous scheme anyway?
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Rewards System:
    Do many people fail to hit even 50pts a week if they are a 'regular and loyal' Skypoker player? If you fail to make that many then you can't have been getting any more than £1-ish under the previous scheme anyway?
    Posted by shakinaces
    To be fair though, most won't care about the freerolls at the 50pt mark so that's not really the baseline, and I'd guess most aren't that bothered about a £2 token either. People want a few quid so the mark people need to hit is 500pt per week. 

If you play MTTs, it's 10 points per £1 of rake which means playing £550 worth of MTTs in 1 week to reach the minimum amount to get some £££ back, so £2200 worth of BIs a month if you wanted to get the minimum each week. If you're spending that on BIs per week then you almost certainly aint playing £2 comps (making the token useless).

I reach the minimum like, I get about 250 points a night so ~1250 a week, 5-6k a month, but tbf I play every £11+ comp from 7pm onwards 5 nights a week, not a lot do that.

That being said, if you're playing MTTs for RB, then you're doing it wrong ;) but just saying, it's no easy task to get any sort of RB from playing MTTs now.
  • edited June 2015
    Normally the FRs wouldnt have attracted me due to timing of them, but I have decided to give them a try - mostly playing on phone as it invades on family time if I take myself off to the computer.

The tokens are attractive, especially since Sky changed the plan and you will be able to accumulate them. While we are waiting for that change to be coded into the software, they are very kindly giving you £2.30 as cash. So at the moment 100 pts = £2.30 cash which is much better than before, with FRs on top.

Now if you consistently get 300-400 pts you might be "losing out", up to you whether that is a big deal, or whether you want to try and make the 500 or play some FRs.

• edited June 2015
    I personally hate this new scheme. The FR's are pointless with 1000+ each night, its hard to accumulate PP's to equate to money and the £30- £50 I received each month paid for a ME treat. I have no incentive now to play bigger volume.
  • edited June 2015
    i used to play on another network where you could cash out your rakeback whenever you wanted,i think this is the best system,you used really feel you where benefitting from the rakeback when you withdrew it to buy or pay for something significant. 
  • edited June 2015
    how long is this thread gonna be
    here's my view
    im not a grinder,im not rake back oriented,i work hard all day come home and play cards till bed time,i play 3 or 4 mtts per night mostly £2 tourneys if i bust out early i play low limit cash to finish the evening off,i play more at weekends.
    i do not know what most people do or want from their poker but for me personally the token is a great gesture especially if they can be saved for bigger BIs,blokes like me know where they stand in this game hoping one day they have the rub of the green and have a decent score.
    i will play the FRs it falls within my time scale so that's good (for me,and many more by the looks of it)free money
    i wont miss the 5 pound monthly,i just wanna play cheaply and regularly so the new system works perfectly (for me)
    i can understand some peoples angst it doesn't,t suit all,all i can say is try to get a better deal elsewhere to suit their schedule.
    anyway we,ve got Liverpool 1st game of the season i bet they are quaking in their boots :)

• edited June 2015
    Times are  a-changing.
    Even the Lottery is changing its payout/odds to win/no. of balls structure later this year.
    Match 2 and you get a "free lucky dip ticket ".

Shops have been doing it for ages.
    Loyalty vouchers to spend in their shop, in the hope you will buy something else when you're there.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Rewards System : To be fair though, most won't care about the freerolls at the 50pt mark so that's not really the baseline, and I'd guess most aren't that bothered about a £2 token either. People want a few quid so the mark people need to hit is 500pt per week.  If you play MTTs, it's 10 points per £1 of rake which means playing £550 worth of MTTs in 1 week to reach the minimum amount to get some £££ back, so £2200 worth of BIs a month if you wanted to get the minimum each week. If you're spending that on BIs per week then you almost certainly aint playing £2 comps (making the token useless). I reach the minimum like, I get about 250 points a night so ~1250 a week, 5-6k a month, but tbf I play every £11+ comp from 7pm onwards 5 nights a week, not a lot do that. That being said, if you're playing MTTs for RB, then you're doing it wrong ;) but just saying, it's no easy task to get any sort of RB from playing MTTs now.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I agree wholeheartedly with this.

As Mr Channing rightly said elsewhere, there has to be winners and losers in the new system. It seems to me that one group that does miss out are the people who, like Lambert (and me), earn from 3000-9000 points per month. This comprises most of the bigger MTT players-it would normally be necessary to play cash and/or STTs to get over 10,000 points per month.

Everyone likes to think that they are important to a site. I appreciate that cash games generate more revenue for all poker sites than MTTs. I shall not stop playing here-i enjoy it. The new rewards system isn't the end of the world as we know it. However, this change is not conducive to building a larger base of mid-stakes MTT players and more tournaments.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Rewards System : To be fair though, most won't care about the freerolls at the 50pt mark so that's not really the baseline, and I'd guess most aren't that bothered about a £2 token either. People want a few quid so the mark people need to hit is 500pt per week.  If you play MTTs, it's 10 points per £1 of rake which means playing £550 worth of MTTs in 1 week to reach the minimum amount to get some £££ back, so £2200 worth of BIs a month if you wanted to get the minimum each week. If you're spending that on BIs per week then you almost certainly aint playing £2 comps (making the token useless). I reach the minimum like, I get about 250 points a night so ~1250 a week, 5-6k a month, but tbf I play every £11+ comp from 7pm onwards 5 nights a week, not a lot do that. That being said, if you're playing MTTs for RB, then you're doing it wrong ;) but just saying, it's no easy task to get any sort of RB from playing MTTs now.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Don't disagree with you Paul, although my other post was looking purely from the view of someone getting nothing since the change (ie they don't hit 50pts per week but previously scraped a bit over 100pts per month). I'd guess from feedback elsewhere that the £2.30 token is of interest to micro MTT players(?), although again, I get it's hardly anything of note to people playing £11+ comps as their standard.

Appreciate there are loads of people in certain bands that miss out. I'm in a similar boat in that I'll have lots of weeks earning somewhere between 300-500pts and essentially getting nothing back... lots of micro cash players in a similar space and not really incentivised by MTT tokens either. But, meh, that's the way things are.

As was posted on the main rewards thread, I'd imagine the only way Sky will make a major change to things is not via forum threads, but if people vote with their feet and leave the site / play much less as a result...
  • edited June 2015
    for low stakes players, the FR alone are great value.  You can almost sit out and cash £1
  • edited June 2015
    That's fine if you can get home and start playing by 7:30. Most days in most weeks I can't - this week is an exception so I made an effort to get to 50 pts on Sunday. Most other weeks I will no longer bother.
  • edited June 2015
    The big spenders wont care about the tokens but they contribute more to sky than the small spenders.

The majority of people will care because the majority arent big spenders, however big spenders opinions carry more weight because of what they contribute to sky.

Personally I've done a u turn on this as for me its much better and i just about clock up 100 pts a week. This month already Ive earned more than i have in previous months on c4p and the month isnt over!

1k entries and 300 cash your likely to cash every week on these and get maybe 3 or 4 tokens assuming you can play most of them. I've never got £10 on c4p.

Ger

• edited June 2015
    That's fine if you can get home and start playing by 7:30. Most days in most weeks I can't - this week is an exception so I made an effort to get to 50 pts on Sunday. Most other weeks I will no longer bother.
    Posted by FCHD
    Fair point.
    If you cant play the FR's and don't make 100 points you pretty much get screwed.

They go so fast, is it worth experimenting with the starting times? 

Maybe Monday they start at 7.30, then Tuesday 8, 8.30, 9.00, 9.30 on a Friday?  Would this maybe suit more people and make sure people can play at least some?
  • edited June 2015
    My personal opinion is that the freerolls arent great, i only play them if i have very few tournaments running at that time, the format is very quick and they pay out a way too big portion of the field (imo). Im sure a few people enjoy the tournament but id guess a majority of people who qualify for it either cant play it, or dont enjoy it.

Id like to see the "Golden Ticket" promo introduced instead.... as in everyone who qualifies for the freerolls instead gets 1 ticket to a daily prize draw, that way it includes everyone, no one can moan about it, and also if the winners each day were announced on the forum then it would bring it lots more people to the forum which can only be good from a community point of view
  • edited June 2015
    But arent we here to play poker and not raffles?
  • edited June 2015
    And why haven't the Freerolls got the proper breaks in them?
  • edited June 2015
    Dunno never lasted that long :D
  • edited June 2015
    Dunno never lasted that long :D
    Posted by gerardirl
    Lasted 3 hands tonite

Raised KK utg - called by cut-off - BB shoved
    I called c/o called

KK v 1010 v 77

Quad 10's
  • edited June 2015
    But arent we here to play poker and not raffles?
    Posted by gerardirl

you earn your rakeback points by playing poker yes well done, but rewarding people in a way that alientates a huge proportion cannot be good for the site. it doesnt affect me either way, i was simply offering an alternative option.
  • edited June 2015
    My personal opinion is that the freerolls arent great, i only play them if i have very few tournaments running at that time, the format is very quick and they pay out a way too big portion of the field (imo). Im sure a few people enjoy the tournament but id guess a majority of people who qualify for it either cant play it, or dont enjoy it. Id like to see the "Golden Ticket" promo introduced instead.... as in everyone who qualifies for the freerolls instead gets 1 ticket to a daily prize draw, that way it includes everyone, no one can moan about it, and also if the winners each day were announced on the forum then it would bring it lots more people to the forum which can only be good from a community point of view
    Posted by jordz16
    +1 from me.

I understand why Sky have this current payout structure (to keep as much money on the site as possible), but I, and I'm sure many others, would prefer a much more standard payout structure. Lets be honest, a min cash of a quid isn't gonna go far. Min cash of a tenner, working up to something around 25% ftw would be nice.

Pay less, pay more.
  • edited June 2015
    My personal opinion is that the freerolls arent great, i only play them if i have very few tournaments running at that time, the format is very quick and they pay out a way too big portion of the field (imo). Im sure a few people enjoy the tournament but id guess a majority of people who qualify for it either cant play it, or dont enjoy it. Id like to see the "Golden Ticket" promo introduced instead.... as in everyone who qualifies for the freerolls instead gets 1 ticket to a daily prize draw, that way it includes everyone, no one can moan about it, and also if the winners each day were announced on the forum then it would bring it lots more people to the forum which can only be good from a community point of view
    Posted by jordz16

Amen to this. And then people are spared me shoving all in every hand from the get go :)

• edited June 2015

still play but getting less and less - haven't made the 100 yet such is my motivation - 7.30 mtt freeroll, no thanks.

• edited June 2015
    I don't think MilitantG will be complaining about the Freerolls. Especially as according to the lobby they have won not one but 2 ipads!

MilitantG23420001£100 + 64GB Silver iPad Air 2 + 64GB Silver iPad Air 2
  • edited June 2015
    The freerolls are terrible and the minimum reward points payout level is too high. Some of us cant even play the 7:30 freeroll so absolutely no benefit whatsoever. 

I dont want tokens or entry into freerolls with 1000 people in them when you all end up 4 big blinds deep after 30 mins. F that! My £10 to £20 a month was perfect.

That little injection of cash each month into peoples bankrolls might encourage them to play higher stakes/bigger games etc as well.

The new system is brutal in my opinion!!
  • edited June 2015

I'm not going to complain about the new rewards system, though the title does make me smile, as for me personally I think its the least rewarding system Sky have run for years.

In the past there were times when I used to curse Sky for 'making' me play more than I wanted.

More often than not past rewards, bonuses and promotions used to draw me in and get me on board to play more than I perhaps wanted to.

I never complained though, it was after all my choice and it seemed to be a bit of a win / win situation, I paid Sky more rake than I ever intended to, but in return I was happy with the added bonuses on offer.

As an mtt player, certain bonuses and rewards, would encourage me to add a bit of SnG and Cash, but with the new system I might be missing a trick or two but I don't see any incentive to up my volume or spread my activities across the site.

That's fine with me I no longer have weekly or monthly goals regarding when I play, how often I play, what I play or how many tables I play at the same time.

You shouldn't knock a freeroll and you can't knock the added prizes of 30 IPads, but I do find them painful to play, I'm not a big fan of having too many tables open, so on a daily basis a freeroll of this nature is not enjoyable, I must confess in recent days I never even considered playing them, that's not to say I won't play one or two before the end of the month, but I certainly wont be logging on to the site just to catch the freeroll.

Now if there had been a weekly freeroll with 7-8 Ipads up top or one mega freeroll with 30 Ipads' up top I'd make a little more effort to play in those.

On reading this thread, I then had to do some investigative work to see what happened to my £2.30, to be fair I had received an email congratulating me on my Steel Sky Poker reward, but so uninspiring have I found the promotion I hadn't opened the email.

SKy informed me they had listened to my feedback (I don't remember giving it) and didn't give me a token but gave me £2.30 credit.

I do recall thinking on Monday night my account was slightly more than I had expected, I thought I had worked out the return from a winning bet wrongly, now I know what happened, it was my reward. Thanks Sky :)

• edited June 2015
    some of the early analysis pointed out like for like comparisons of accumulated points over a month/divide by 4

but dip in/dip out sng/mtt/dym players like myself more appreciated a monthly target and reward.

what I am finding is if I haven't played by wed/thurs, I think I might as well leave it until next week!

apart from tonight but playing as I just love dyms, won't even break 50 this week now

• edited June 2015
    some of the early analysis pointed out like for like comparisons of accumulated points over a month/divide by 4 but dip in/dip out sng/mtt/dym players like myself more appreciated a monthly target and reward. what I am finding is if I haven't played by wed/thurs, I think I might as well leave it until next week! apart from tonight but playing as I just love dyms, won't even break 50 this week now
    Posted by uncle0nion
    Surely this is why you play? Regardless of if it's a Sunday, Tuesday or whatever.

Seems so many people have lost sight of why they play the game. Way too much focus on the rewards, and not enough attention on the other stuff.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Rewards System : Surely this is why you play? Regardless of if it's a Sunday, Tuesday or whatever. Seems so many people have lost sight of why they play the game. Way too much focus on the rewards, and not enough attention on the other stuff.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    you are right. but I play less. to be fair this might be more profitable.

what rewards used to do was maybe incentivising me to load an extra table now and again.

so, looking to the positives for a change (for me, if not sky!)

• edited June 2015
    Have too say it is working out better for me so far made 400 points this month and got £4.60 tokens/cash plus the freeroll entries.... 

But is it working for sky when i have dropped from around 700/800 points? at this stage of the month?