You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Rewards System

2»

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Due to the new system i have played less and less,this week i wont even make 30 points, over the years i been on here i always hit between 3000 and 10,000 points but as its been pointed out these players are the big losers on the site under new rewards,the freerolls are a joke and a total waste of time imo,i think my time on sky is coming to a grinding halt,shame as i do love the site,but that was when it rewarded there regs now its about greed on behalf of the owners.We pay the highest rake for games and get back less,its ok for people that are working for sky to try and justify the changes like ive seen on here but they have to wether they agree or disagree a bit like mps have to tow the party line and vote as a unit.
  • edited June 2015
    Is Chillie complaining? No way! lol

Sorry couldnt resist!

Good luck in the Copa America btw

Every other sites freerolls have well over 1k, I still think skys freerolls are the best you can get.

Let me know if there is better I will go check them out : )

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Rewards System:
    Due to the new system i have played less and less,this week i wont even make 30 points, over the years i been on here i always hit between 3000 and 10,000 points but as its been pointed out these players are the big losers on the site under new rewards,the freerolls are a joke and a total waste of time imo,i think my time on sky is coming to a grinding halt,shame as i do love the site,but that was when it rewarded there regs now its about greed on behalf of the owners.We pay the highest rake for games and get back less,its ok for people that are working for sky to try and justify the changes like ive seen on here but they have to wether they agree or disagree a bit like mps have to tow the party line and vote as a unit.
    Posted by CHILLIE
    irony
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by CHILLIE

Sorry but that is simply wrong.

We have said repeatedly that this is not cost saving, we expect to spend more.
  • edited June 2015
    Have too say it is working out better for me so far made 400 points this month and got £4.60 tokens/cash plus the freeroll entries....  But is it working for sky when i have dropped from around 700/800 points? at this stage of the month?
    Posted by churchy18
    Same here

Only 220 points so far
    x2 Freeroll cashes £4 + £3 + £2.30 cash for token.
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by CHILLIE
    CHILLIE I can see where you're coming from, however the freerolls are not a joke or a waste of time. As you may have seen, quite a lot of players are enjoying these.

As Tikay mentioned, it's got nothing to do with greed - we're actually going to spend more money.

We've been working towards this for over a year. There's been input from all over the business, lengthy discussions on what groups of customers we should be targeting, and how best to incentivize these customers. It's not a case of someone throwing it together, and telling everyone that they have to get behind it. We believe this new system will be better for the site as a whole, and will help promote a strong ecology.

At the same time, we understand that some players will be worse off (directly, only due to receiving less rakeback). This isn't something we've wanted to do to try and annoy anyone or force certain players to play less, it just had to be done. However, the bold point above will hopefully improve the site for everyone.

I know you've been in Priority a fair few times over the last couple of years, and earning 10,000 points in a month would now, in fact, make you better off.

All in all, we're not asking you to love this instantly, but trust that there's been a lot of thought put into this, and give us a few month to see how it goes!
  • edited June 2015
    i think its better tbh chills, more people seem to be playin dyms, plus people get to use there bonus weekly instead of monthly, we can only judge at end of month when we get rake bonus, end of the day tho its a bonus an we dont play just for a bonus! am not up skys a.r.s.e here like just think its better
  • edited June 2015
    i love the format of the freerolls

much more likely to allow losing players to get the 'buzz' of cashing too
  • edited June 2015
    sorry, one more whinge from my perspective.

why are the points accelerators always cash?

clearly dym, lowish stakes mtt players not on the radar for incentives, or any plans sky?

saying that I gather dyms are not a staple poker tournament for many people on this or other sites :)
  • edited June 2015
    they just had a double point weekend for sngs last weekend
  • edited June 2015
    i love the format of the freerolls much more likely to allow losing players to get the 'buzz' of cashing too
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Yes noticed youd won a quid ;)

#staylucky

• edited June 2015
    aye, god bless my pound!
  • edited June 2015
    Last weekend was double points on Sng's including DYM's.
    Where werre you UncleOnion?
    Don't make me cry...
  • edited June 2015
    On a bit of a positive note...

I am normally a low / micro stakes Rec player and lucky if i got 100 or so points a month so a quid or two max cash back.

Since the new format has come along, i am finding i am playing more games to get to the 100 points a week to get the 2.30 token, which when all sorted i will let build up to give me entry to a higher stakes game.

Also i have won just over £20.00 from the freerolls, so far more than i would have received in Cash for Points as it would have taken me about a year to get that under the old system. So, i am finding it very beneficial and I can see me playing more now to ensure i at least get entry to the freerolls for the foreseeable future 
  • edited June 2015
    I used to love the sky rewards but as time has gone on those rewards have become terrible and gives you no incentive to play for anything  the reason i havent played for a while on here.
    People can say you should play for profits and not the rewards or cashback but that is what alot of day to day players play for aswell as profit.

Back when you had brackets for the amount you earned where you no what your return would be has always been the best thing in my opinion what sky had , if i remember 16000 used to pay £480 and 20000 was £800 then if your optomistic 100000 would pay £6,000 but at least you always had that extra urge to play for that next big increase.
    Now tho its based on rakeback which is just not worth it considering the rakeback % is one of the worst that can be offered.

Chillie is correct those players who pay £1000s every month get next to no incentive to play the priority itself is no offense but extremely pointless in the regard it offers 2 freerolls which half the field is always away which tells u there what they think of playing in them means.

This isnt a moan or a complaint of sky bein bad its more of if you play day in day out it isnt the best place to get rewarded i will say tho the "Anonymous" tables option is terrific that in every level you have 4/6 same players to a table and soon as one of that unknown player gets stacked and leaves half the regs will straight away stand.
    You have a table with 3 players all regs 2 will stand out and those same 2 players will be on every waiting list bumhunting which ruins the games

• edited June 2015
    On a bit of a positive note... I am normally a low / micro stakes Rec player and lucky if i got 100 or so points a month so a quid or two max cash back. Since the new format has come along, i am finding i am playing more games to get to the 100 points a week to get the 2.30 token, which when all sorted i will let build up to give me entry to a higher stakes game. Also i have won just over £20.00 from the freerolls, so far more than i would have received in Cash for Points as it would have taken me about a year to get that under the old system. So, i am finding it very beneficial and I can see me playing more now to ensure i at least get entry to the freerolls for the foreseeable future 
    Posted by mac24

^^this^^
  • edited June 2015
    we,ve got Liverpool 1st game of the season i bet they are quaking in their boots :)
    Revenge will be sweet!

• edited June 2015
    we,ve got Liverpool 1st game of the season i bet they are quaking in their boots :)
    Revenge will be sweet!

• edited June 2015
    I used to love the sky rewards but as time has gone on those rewards have become terrible and gives you no incentive to play for anything  the reason i havent played for a while on here. People can say you should play for profits and not the rewards or cashback but that is what alot of day to day players play for aswell as profit. Back when you had brackets for the amount you earned where you no what your return would be has always been the best thing in my opinion what sky had , if i remember 16000 used to pay £480 and 20000 was £800 then if your optomistic 100000 would pay £6,000 but at least you always had that extra urge to play for that next big increase. Now tho its based on rakeback which is just not worth it considering the rakeback % is one of the worst that can be offered. Chillie is correct those players who pay £1000s every month get next to no incentive to play the priority itself is no offense but extremely pointless in the regard it offers 2 freerolls which half the field is always away which tells u there what they think of playing in them means. This isnt a moan or a complaint of sky bein bad its more of if you play day in day out it isnt the best place to get rewarded i will say tho the "Anonymous" tables option is terrific that in every level you have 4/6 same players to a table and soon as one of that unknown player gets stacked and leaves half the regs will straight away stand. You have a table with 3 players all regs 2 will stand out and those same 2 players will be on every waiting list bumhunting which ruins the games  
    Posted by kidwiz10

Really appreciate your opinions on this. Totally understand where you're coming from - Sky Poker doesn't offer the highest rakeback, however, I think the majority of people playing on Sky play here for different reasons.

We have made a few changes over the years, in an attempt to find a balance between rewarding high volume players and recreational players. Personally, I think this new rewards scheme achieves this.

It's also worth noting that earning 10k points in a month will result in you being a load better off than you would have been a month ago!

Let me know if you'd like to discuss further (always happy to listen to ideas/feedback on Priority), and I'll call/email/text.

• edited June 2015
    On a bit of a positive note... I am normally a low / micro stakes Rec player and lucky if i got 100 or so points a month so a quid or two max cash back. Since the new format has come along, i am finding i am playing more games to get to the 100 points a week to get the 2.30 token, which when all sorted i will let build up to give me entry to a higher stakes game. Also i have won just over £20.00 from the freerolls, so far more than i would have received in Cash for Points as it would have taken me about a year to get that under the old system. So, i am finding it very beneficial and I can see me playing more now to ensure i at least get entry to the freerolls for the foreseeable future 
    Posted by mac24
    Really good to hear this Mac! Keep it up!

Would be good to see you cashing in a main in the next couple of month!
  • edited June 2015
    Have tried this new system for the month.

I've got 154 points at the moment which would get me £1.54p under the old system.

I've qualified for the freerolls twice, first week I was on shift so didn't play, second week played all five and cashed in three for £1.

So bottom line I've earn't more from the new system.

Will give it a tentative thumbs up.

• edited June 2015
    Have tried this new system for the month. I've got 154 points at the moment which would get me £1.54p under the old system. I've qualified for the freerolls twice, first week I was on shift so didn't play, second week played all five and cashed in three for £1. So bottom line I've earn't more from the new system. Will give it a tentative thumbs up.
    Posted by achill
    After my initial misgivings i'm actually way better off this month so far.

299 points
    Over £25 from freerolls & a token.
  • edited June 2015
    I am better off too and am playing more to get the token. I even made it to 500 points when DYM's were double points

Perhaps Sky do know what they are doing!

Still haven't been tempted by the freerolls though!
  • edited June 2015
    I am better off too and am playing more to get the token. I even made it to 500 points when DYM's were double points Perhaps Sky do know what they are doing! Still haven't been tempted by the freerolls though!
    Posted by QUICKFEET
    play them,free money you conna go wrong
  • edited June 2015
    I guess the extra prize is staying the same next month?

The Rewards Freerolls will have extra prizes up for grabs each month. From Monday 8th until Tuesday 30th June, along with 1st place prize money, the winner will bag themselves a 64GB Silver iPad Air 2 worth £479.00! Keep checking back to see what other prizes are included in the Freerolls.

Start Date/Time19:30 - 01 JulCurrent Prize Pool£1000.00Buyin + Fee£0 + £0Description£1,000 Rewards Freeroll. 1st place wins a 64GB Silver iPad Air in addition to cash. Open to all customers who earn at least 50 Poker Points in the previous calendar week. Please see promotional page for details. Registration will open at 5pm on the day.
  • edited June 2015
    The Rewards Freerolls will have extra prizes up for grabs each month. From Wednesday 1st July until Friday 14th August, along with 1st place prize money, the winner will bag themselves a UK Poker Championships seat worth £550.00! Keep checking back to see what other prizes are included in the Freerolls each month.

its changed.
  • edited June 2015
    I am better off too and am playing more to get the token. I even made it to 500 points when DYM's were double points Perhaps Sky do know what they are doing! Still haven't been tempted by the freerolls though!
    Posted by QUICKFEET
    Who'd have thought?

;)

I saw a Forum Thread yesterday titled "Is Sky Poker dying a slow & painful death?".

If they did but know......

All systems go, SIG.
  • edited July 2015
    After receiving the rake back bonus today I reckon the new rewards system worked out better than the last one by over a £100. N1