You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Spin Up Cash Tables

2»

Comments

• edited June 2015
    If rake was changed for these tables and you couldn't spin them up I think they would be fun for a laugh. However, it is really no fun whatsoever to be sandwiched in between a short stack with another big stack if the short stack player knows what they are doing. 

With rake structure the same, it's also going to be next to impossible to make a profit because the edges in short stack poker are so minimal. Which means reg's won't play them and that just leaves REC's that might enjoy them. Ajs isn't just being selfish when he talks about this but he's right - 6 rec's playing each other on these tables is no good for the REC's (or sky either) - OK, they might get more enjoyment out of them but because the rake is so high their money will potentially disappear quicker than if they were sat with a bunch of REG's. 
  • edited June 2015

Will these be pushed in terms of promos - ie whoever generates the biggest (or X biggest) single spin-up each month wins a prize, to tempt people into having a couple of gos in spite of it not being +EV to play in isolation?

Highest spin-up can get £100 and a seat at the Tuesday night MC table playing the studio guests as a loose (spin-up) cannon :)

Re: the comments about Zoom variants... that works ace on the biggest networks, but I've tried playing on some smaller skins and it is just useless without a decent size player pool.  At a push it may work at NL4 level here at peak times, but would imagine that the rest of the time it'd struggle to even fully fill a couple of tables (if that) and you'd end up just playing the same faces anyway... maybe one that Sky hold fire on while they continue to expand the player pool?

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Spin Up Cash Tables:
    A lot of players play a 'spin it up' kind of game anyway. I play cash on another site and always buy-in short looking to double or treble. Some fairly great players started the same way.  For instance back in the day when poker first came about, Scotty77 would often sit min stacked and I believe this is where he learnt the best places to shove. I am all in favour of anything that changes the game up a bit.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Short-stacking is great, always thought this is a good way for newcomers to start playing cash as it (mostly) removes post-flop play and lets you get a good grasp for pre-flop play and position... (unfortunately I never subsequently graduated to the level of Scotty77!!)

...but for both the short-stacker and the full buy-in reg this would be better at 100bb tables.
  • edited June 2015
    Just played a bit of these at the 25p/50p blind level. They are crazy! But good fun. You certainly need to flip/run well. I lost 3 or 4 buyins first time then won it back plus a bit more on my 2nd table. Could be fun later tonight :)
  • edited June 2015
    Imo, it will probably end up being a short-term fad unless some adjustments are made i.e. rake. 
    Not much to discuss really.
  • edited June 2015
    I believe these games to be dangerous for a gambler,who has say had problems with roulette machines etc in the past.oh il just put 5.00 on,then top your account up.I believe capped games are safer,than open cash tables also.
    I also believe sky should make it possible to only be able to go into tournaments if they so wish on their accounts and bar only cash where need be.

This is not for myself but I know sky will let you self exclude for 24 hours etc but you should be able to state you only wish to go in tournaments to what value you can afford and bar if need me of cash games.
  • edited June 2015
    I believe these games to be dangerous for a gambler,who has say had problems with roulette machines etc in the past.oh il just put 5.00 on,then top your account up.I believe capped games are safer,than open cash tables also.
    I also believe sky should make it possible to only be able to go into tournaments if they so wish on their accounts and bar only cash where need be.

This is not for myself but I know sky will let you self exclude for 24 hours etc but you should be able to state you only wish to go in tournaments to what value you can afford and bar if need me of cash games.
  • edited July 2015
    I was playing this over the weekend, it's fun with lots of action and money to be made. It;s good for recreational players, and thats what we need more of. 

Grinders arnt worth as much to poker sites as they used to be, the days of massive rakeback is gone. Who actually puts the money into the poker eco system in the first place? Yup that right, fish/recreational players. So why are all you nits slating it? Without the lure of fun, quick games Poker will become even more of a nitty/borefest then it is. 
  • edited July 2015
    I was playing this over the weekend, it's fun with lots of action and money to be made. It;s good for recreational players, and thats what we need more of.  Grinders arnt worth as much to poker sites as they used to be, the days of massive rakeback is gone. Who actually puts the money into the poker eco system in the first place? Yup that right, fish/recreational players. So why are all you nits slating it? Without the lure of fun, quick games Poker will become even more of a nitty/borefest then it is. 
    Posted by alex1229
    Hi again Alex :)

Thanks for your positive feedback, much appreciated and we're glad you're enjoying the new tables.

Run good!

Sky Kirsty
  • edited July 2015
    Kirsty could you tell the ops guys into looking to spawn more tables once 2 tables at the same stake are full?

Gracias
  • edited July 2015
    I was looking at playing these games when I'm at the end of my MTT sessions. I had a look at the rake and I'm not sure if they're beatable. Is there anyone who's decent and has played a significant sample have any insight into whether it's possible to beat the rake. My first instinct is not but I'm not sure. Thanks for any answers. 
  • edited July 2015
    I was looking at playing these games when I'm at the end of my MTT sessions. I had a look at the rake and I'm not sure if they're beatable. Is there anyone who's decent and has played a significant sample have any insight into whether it's possible to beat the rake. My first instinct is not but I'm not sure. Thanks for any answers. 
    Posted by Aek101
    Easy, just win your flips
  • edited July 2015
    I'm loving them and doing well so far, but I've been running really well too. I reckon it's all about altering your technique though and I'm not telling you mine! :P
    GL :)
  • edited July 2015
    I think a lot of people are getting the wrong idea with these spin it up tables.  They aren't primarily designed for regs looking to make profit, they're made for people who want to have a punt at spinning up some money quick or are looking to unwind after a long session.  They aren't for everyone (myself included) but I certainly see the attraction. One suggestion which I think would be beneficial to introduce is ones with lower blind levels. I think many players who might be attracted to them are lower stakes cash and mtt players who are deterred by the swings of them, the lowest blinds are 25p / 50p and if your playing a 10bb stack you can find yourself down 10 buy ins or 50 pounds very quickly. I think introducing some with 10/ 20p blinds and 5/10p blinds would attract more players and earn sky more rake. Losing 10 pounds quickly wouldn't be as bad.
  • edited July 2015
    I'm loving them and doing well so far, but I've been running really well too. I reckon it's all about altering your technique though and I'm not telling you mine! :P GL :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    I cant say I am surprised that you like these tables Mrs D, aka the 50nl spinup queen.
  • edited July 2015
    Hi guys,

We will be adding some more tables this afternoon and I will add some smaller stakes tables too.

Cheers

Dan
  • edited July 2015
    Hi Dan the existing tables now wont spawn to two at each level. Any chance this can be fixed please.

Also at 5p/10p and 10/20p I very much doubt rake can be overcome. 
  • edited July 2015
    Hi,

I do believe they are spawning correctly - it is just that they are not highlighted at the top of the lobby. If you search for Spin Up tables you will find them further down...

We will look at adding a tab at the top of the lobby for Spin Up tables soon.

Re: rake at the lower tables I will monitor over the weekend and see what people say.

Cheers

Dan
  • edited July 2015
    Hi, I do believe they are spawning correctly - it is just that they are not highlighted at the top of the lobby. If you search for Spin Up tables you will find them further down... We will look at adding a tab at the top of the lobby for Spin Up tables soon. Re: rake at the lower tables I will monitor over the weekend and see what people say. Cheers Dan
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Stick them at the top mate, at least have 2 £1/£2 at the top..no ones playing in them when before they were both GTD to be full....These games need to be prominent if you want it to gain traction. Dont just create a seperate tab and hide them away otherwise you'll soon see 0 ppl playing. 
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Spin Up Cash Tables : Sure, we are a business and we are able to fund the site via rake (on cash tables) but we firmly believe that we'll grow the site by providing games that people like and will come back to - amongst other things we do. There's a very good chance that people will work a strategy to do better in these games. It is a different format to normal games and so requires a different way of playing. They may also be softer than regular games too. Time will tell.
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Theses games are easily beatable in my opinion I've ran a 10£ deposit into over £1000 on multiple occasions plus some of the high stake regs (5/10) play these games. You've just gotta realise what other players ranges are and beat that range not that difficult really . Funny to see bum hunters complaining like :) 

• edited December 2016
    Right, im off the the Spin Ups to make my fortune.
  • edited January 2017
    How do they work , once in and you want to leave what does it cost you
  • edited January 2017
    Its free to sit in, if you leave the table before the blinds hit you. It will cost you nothing.

if you stay sat down, you pay the heavy blinds. like normal cash games.

Except the blinds are high compared to what you sit down with, i.e. your buy in.