You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My road to..who knows where

13»

Comments

• edited September 2015
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I played a sat to get into punta cana qtrs tonight............well I went and got through. Entered into qtrs at around 9.45, had a look who was in the tourney........pretty scary players. But I had that feeling, the feeling I had when I won my seat to ukpc............I lost a lot of chips to someone being stupid chasing the river, so was short stack for quite a while. I was short stack from about 17th place and it kept going down and down to 12 and I was last for what seemed ages, then next thing I know I was 10th..........then another few went until it got to hand to hand, only 8 got through and as always was the short stack. Big thank you to rose, trev and mattyp for sending me good luck. I really don't know how I managed it but I've managed to get a place into the semi on sunday night!!! From last to........................................ wait for it.............

Darkangel780803Entry to Punta Cana Semi

I had that feeling all night so calm, knew I was going to do it no matter what, made some brave calls but thought it was all in and see a flop or blind out. So I did what I did best and played my own game my own way. Knew when to fold and knew when to bet. Don't know what's going to happen on Sunday, but if I've done it once I think I can do it again.
  • edited September 2015
    Well last night I really don't know what happened!!! I came 11th in Orfy first time of playing so cashed. Won 2 all ins to Pc and won in qtrs too. Healthiest i've ever seen my BR! Still got a long way to go before I am actually in profit but I know it will happen. It was like the UKPC feeling all over again. I still class myself as a donk/fish but that's just me. I know it's derogatory but I can call it myself because sometimes that's how I feel I play. Anyone can call me that and tbh I really don't care. Let people think what they will about me and about how I play. Have been playing on a few different mtt's and up my stakes in DYM and some people make the derogatory statement of a player being a donk/fish that's when I jump in and say no they aren't they are playing their own game their way. If anything it's me who's the donk/fish only to be told I play a good game oh and one player said I'm not i'm a lady.................roflmao to that remark. Been called a lot of things but Lady very rarely comes up.

The PC qtrs last night was fantastic. I felt so sorry for my team mate who came 7th just out of the seats but did get a small amount of cash. The rail as always was funny as anything. I was the short stack yet again for quite a while. Yet managed to get a few DU's. The bubble went on seemingly for hours and the chat box was amazing. I really don't understand why people wanted me to win, one of the comments was I don't care who goes out as long as it's not Angel and she wins. Still bamboozles he heck out of me but gives me a warm feeling to know that they are routing for me. Lets hope I run as well as I have been doing on Sunday for the semi's to PC! Will wait and see but am not holding my breath.
  • edited October 2015
    Seems so long ago since Notts and the fantastic time I had there and all the great people I met. Haven't really done much in poker, nothing to brag about. Variance has kicked in big time. Spending most of my time on the rail as have got a bit sick of all the aggro on the tables and the bad language. I did play one game and someone wound me up big time. Thought they owned the table etc etc then said something really sick regarding mum. I still have not calmed down over what was said and wont for a long time so basically they won.

Since my last post though on a positive note, I have railed 2 of my team mates to win the Sunday roller. The first one being Irishrose where she was in a HU battle with Mr Bates.

The rail for that was fun just glad they can't see it in the studio. She was in the zone and it was hers even though she told me she was scared of Matt. I told her play your game don't worry about who it is, yes matt's a good player but so are you! Big sigh just wish she would realise how good she is at poker! Trouble with our rose is her lack of confidence in playing the game and gets easily knocked. (don't try to upset her please or you will have me to answer to! lol) If you ask the likes of Chknmelt, Liamboi. TommyD and the rest am sure they will back me up when I say they don't really like playing Rose as she's very hard to read. There is an in joke regarding electrical appliances with them but if you want to know you will have to ask them. I still laugh about it everytime she drops on to the tables with them.

The other one was MattPrawn. He was running well in the roller and bobafett was the CL throughout the tournament, just before Matty got to the final table he lost a considerable amount of his stack and went onto the FT being the short stack. I knew that he would spin it up. Must have been about 1.30 and I said to matty I'm tired, I really wanted to go to sleep even match sticks were breaking trying to keep my eyes open. Matty told me I had to stay and rail as had railed from the beginning and he calls me a lucky railer. So coffee it was.
    He did really well picking his spots time and time again and between him and Bobafett they took the table down. The HU battle was great to watch, having bobafett on my table at DTD and scaring the life out of me I sort of felt for matty. Hu didn't last all that long to be fair. Think it finished just after 2pm which was pretty early not like rose's which lasted till about 3.30am! Matty won it! Great game to watch though.

At minute am just updating my ECDL which for me is easy, having been out of employment for a while, but still kept my hand in by helping friends create and run and promote their own businesses quite successfully. I have now found something that I know I could be good at. I want to become an Assessor! That way I can get paid for doing something that comes naturally to me, helping people and encouraging them with learning and jobs etc etc. There's a course that starts on 2nd of nov and am stressing out big time as the person I need to speak to is ill and I don't want to wait till January till the next one. I want to get it sorted and done before christmas.

This year has been a really hard year for me emotionally and physically in a lot of ways. When I say i've got the memory of a goldfish, I literally have. That's due to the stress i've been through since the back end of last year. I know it will improve and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Still a long way to go to get there but I know I will reach it.

I just want to say a big thank you to the sky community and those that I speak to on a regular basis and those that I don't see as much for getting me through what I would class one of the hardest times in my life so far. To the Satty lot, I so miss you all. I didn't need to open the lobby to see who I would be playing I already knew.
    The laughs and banter that went on had me in fits of laughter constantly and yes what could be taken the wrong way usually was. But that was what made it even better. For everyone else, I'm sorry I'm a pain on the rail, but typing is a release for me and its better than chatting to 4 brick walls.

I hope I can get my poker mojo back soon and maybe one day take down one of the major tournies, but until that time I may play a few games and rail when I'm asked to rail, apart from rose, who will always rail no matter what. I hope you all run golden and run deep in what ever tourney you enter, just remember bad beats are all apart of poker. If you lose, then lose with grace. If you've not got anything nice to say then don't say it at all.

Till next time Good luck.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: My road to..who knows where:
    Seems so long ago since Notts and the fantastic time I had there and all the great people I met. Haven't really done much in poker, nothing to brag about. Variance has kicked in big time. Spending most of my time on the rail as have got a bit sick of all the aggro on the tables and the bad language. I did play one game and someone wound me up big time. Thought they owned the table etc etc then said something really sick regarding mum. I still have not calmed down over what was said and wont for a long time so basically they won. Since my last post though on a positive note, I have railed 2 of my team mates to win the Sunday roller. The first one being Irishrose where she was in a HU battle with Mr Bates. The rail for that was fun just glad they can't see it in the studio. She was in the zone and it was hers even though she told me she was scared of Matt. I told her play your game don't worry about who it is, yes matt's a good player but so are you! Big sigh just wish she would realise how good she is at poker! Trouble with our rose is her lack of confidence in playing the game and gets easily knocked. (don't try to upset her please or you will have me to answer to! lol) If you ask the likes of Chknmelt, Liamboi. TommyD and the rest am sure they will back me up when I say they don't really like playing Rose as she's very hard to read. There is an in joke regarding electrical appliances with them but if you want to know you will have to ask them. I still laugh about it everytime she drops on to the tables with them. The other one was MattPrawn. He was running well in the roller and bobafett was the CL throughout the tournament, just before Matty got to the final table he lost a considerable amount of his stack and went onto the FT being the short stack. I knew that he would spin it up. Must have been about 1.30 and I said to matty I'm tired, I really wanted to go to sleep even match sticks were breaking trying to keep my eyes open. Matty told me I had to stay and rail as had railed from the beginning and he calls me a lucky railer. So coffee it was. He did really well picking his spots time and time again and between him and Bobafett they took the table down. The HU battle was great to watch, having bobafett on my table at DTD and scaring the life out of me I sort of felt for matty. Hu didn't last all that long to be fair. Think it finished just after 2pm which was pretty early not like rose's which lasted till about 3.30am! Matty won it! Great game to watch though. At minute am just updating my ECDL which for me is easy, having been out of employment for a while, but still kept my hand in by helping friends create and run and promote their own businesses quite successfully. I have now found something that I know I could be good at. I want to become an Assessor! That way I can get paid for doing something that comes naturally to me, helping people and encouraging them with learning and jobs etc etc. There's a course that starts on 2nd of nov and am stressing out big time as the person I need to speak to is ill and I don't want to wait till January till the next one. I want to get it sorted and done before christmas. This year has been a really hard year for me emotionally and physically in a lot of ways. When I say i've got the memory of a goldfish, I literally have. That's due to the stress i've been through since the back end of last year. I know it will improve and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Still a long way to go to get there but I know I will reach it. I just want to say a big thank you to the sky community and those that I speak to on a regular basis and those that I don't see as much for getting me through what I would class one of the hardest times in my life so far. To the Satty lot, I so miss you all. I didn't need to open the lobby to see who I would be playing I already knew. The laughs and banter that went on had me in fits of laughter constantly and yes what could be taken the wrong way usually was. But that was what made it even better. For everyone else, I'm sorry I'm a pain on the rail, but typing is a release for me and its better than chatting to 4 brick walls. I hope I can get my poker mojo back soon and maybe one day take down one of the major tournies, but until that time I may play a few games and rail when I'm asked to rail, apart from rose, who will always rail no matter what. I hope you all run golden and run deep in what ever tourney you enter, just remember bad beats are all apart of poker. If you lose, then lose with grace. If you've not got anything nice to say then don't say it at all. Till next time Good luck.
    Posted by Darkangel7

Hi Olive,

glad things are on the up for you, and you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Best of luck on your course and on the tables.

Arfur

• edited October 2015
    Hello Angelplop, it pains me to hear that someone has been disrespectful 
    to you, (and your mum rip) in the chat box.
    I do hope that you reported them to CC. 
    Scumbags like that have no place on Sky poker full stop.

It was lovely to see back at the plo8 tables on Thursday.
    I hope you'll come back and play some more soon (you do liven up the chatbox lol)
    Oh, and if you do come back, bring my irish wife with you lol

Regards Alan (the multi married plo8 champ) 

• edited October 2015
    Hello Angelplop, it pains me to hear that someone has been disrespectful  to you, (and your mum rip) in the chat box. I do hope that you reported them to CC.  Scumbags like that have no place on Sky poker full stop. It was lovely to see back at the plo8 tables on Thursday. I hope you'll come back and play some more soon (you do liven up the chatbox lol) Oh, and if you do come back, bring my irish wife with you lol Regards Alan (the multi married plo8 champ) 
    Posted by ajmilton
    Thanks Arfur.

A J I was that upset and angry with the unprofessional person I didn't report it. I do know the alias and I do know where they say they live! Have had a word with Rose re: plo8 tables and will be a couple of weeks before we will partake a game or 2 on the plo8 felt as away with daughter next week so things on the rail will be veryyyyyy quiet for a few days. lol
  • edited October 2015
    love you donna my best wishes i send you and tks for adding me love paige aka trish xx
  • edited October 2015
    love you donna my best wishes i send you and tks for adding me love paige aka trish xx
    Posted by paige55
    Luv ya too trish.

Well I really don't know what's going off on the chat at the moment, all I can put it down to is one of 2 things, either the full moon or the clocks going forward and the darker nights drawing in. It really has been awful and some of the language has been disgusting. I love banter and that but have seen out right bullying in the chat box and words that I would never have hoped to have seen (I am far from being a prude either). Just glad i'm not a newbie any more, as if I was it would totally put me off from playing poker again. Another mystery is where is Sky Dan? Dissappeared into the ether.

On a better note though, have finally got through to the lady I needed to speak to regarding my Teaching course and have filled the application form and sent it off so hopefully no more stressing and I can get on the course that starts 2nd of November with no problems. Now comes the hard part as it's a 3 day residential getting someone to look after the kids! So the rail will be even quieter for longer (yeahhhhhhhh I hear some of you cry ;)), but should be back for the usual Sunday Roller stint on the rail.