You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Primo Message Thread LIVE TONIGHT ON CHANNEL865 @8PM

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

It's the big one tonight- the Primo.

As ever, we're covering it  LIVE on Sky Poker TV- which you can watch on Sky Channel 865 or right here on the website by clicking on the homepage link.

Now, originally hosting tonight's show was the gorgeous uber-babe Lisa-Marie. But instead she's gone to the States for the weekend- (as one does, when you get a few spare hours and find yourself at a bit of a loose end. Jeez. Not that I'm jealous or anything).

So you've got something EVEN BETTER than a gorgeous uber-babe to look at tonight...

Me.

Ahem, I'm not really selling this show very well am I?

But there it is, like it or not- tonight it's me, Ed Giddins and of course, YOU.

I need your input into the show...mainly so I've got something to say in between the hands. (Come on, it IS a 4 hour show after all, cut me some slack here guys.)

So, all messages please- to be posted on this thread or emailed to skyopen@bskyb.com, or indeed texted to 84846 (does anyone actually text into the show? Answers on a postcard. Come to think of it, does anyone actually use postcards anymore? Answers on a fax, please)

Meanwhile- it would be great to get a good comedy theme going tonight- so here's some suggestions-

All the talk in poker land this week is of Rush Poker. But can you invent a new form of poker? Serious or otherwise?

The burning question- what would happen if you stuck all of Sky Poker's onscreen team together on to a desert island (a la Lost)?

And finally- what's the most ridiculous circumstances in which you've played Sky Poker? (I'll fess up now, I play with my laptop whilst sat on the toilet sometimes so I don't miss a hand)

The forum is yours- all messages will be read out on air tonight. Fill ya boots!

Oh, and good luck in the game itself!

;)

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I wasn't going to watch it, but now I know you will be hosting it I will wack it on.

Will you please say Hi to Mrs Miyagi for me, she is a big fan of yours.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to The Primo Message Thread LIVE TONIGHT ON CHANNEL865 @8PM:
    Hi all, It's the big one tonight- the Primo. As ever, we're covering it  LIVE on Sky Poker TV- which you can watch on Sky Channel 865 or right here on the website by clicking on the homepage link. Now, originally hosting tonight's show was the gorgeous uber-babe Lisa-Marie. But instead she's gone to the States for the weekend- (as one does, when you get a few spare hours and find yourself at a bit of a loose end. Jeez. Not that I'm jealous or anything). So you've got something EVEN BETTER than a gorgeous uber-babe to look at tonight...me. Ahem, I'm not really selling this show very well am I? So- it's me, Ed Giddins tonight and of course, YOU. I need your input into the show, mainly so I've got something to say in between the hands. Come on, it IS a 4 hour show after all, cut me some slack here guys. So, all messages please- to be posted pn this thread or emailed to skyopen@bskyb.com , or indeed texted to 84846 (does anyone actually text into the show?) It would be great to get a good comedy theme going tonight- so here's some suggestions- All the talk in poker land this week is of Rush Poker. But can you invent a new form of poker? Serious or otherwise? The burning question- what would happen if you stuck all of Sky Poker's onscreen team together on to a desert island (a la Lost )? And finally- what's the most ridiculous circumstances in which you've played Sky Poker? (I'll fess up now, I play with my laptop whilst sat on the toilet sometimes so I don't miss a hand) The forum is yours- all messages will be read out on air tonight. Fill ya boots! Oh, and good luck in the game itself! ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Hi Rich

Answers to all three questions:

1. can you invent a new form of poker?

"Orford rules poker" a form of live poker where a straight is 45689 or 910jqa (ie there has to be a gap between), a flush beats a full house, and when you play you have to arrive in a taxi:) Also blue jumpers are a must...

2. what would happen if you stuck all of Sky Poker's onscreen team together on to a desert island (a la Lost )?

Ed would run off with Lisa and Sarah,  and tikay would spend his days arguging with rich about the best way to build a life raft from a burgundy jacket and some shoulderpads

3. what's the most ridiculous circumstances in which you've played Sky Poker?

In a hotel room in Las Vegas with the WSOP going on downstairs.

hoggers
  • edited January 2010
    1:
    Well if you stuck all of the Sky team on an island a la "LOST" I think Tikay would kick the Polar bear (after watching last night's penguin beating).

2:
    And a new form of poker would be what we play sometimes amongst friends... "No-lookie-lookie Holdem".

It's the same as Texas Holdem, with a twist. You can see everyone's cards except your own! So we hold our cards against our forehead and play as normal from there... It makes for some interesting plays - such as folding AA preflop...

3:
    Boring on this 1... no particularly different circumstances...
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: The Primo Message Thread LIVE TONIGHT ON CHANNEL865 @8PM:
    I wasn't going to watch it, but now I know you will be hosting it I will wack it on. Will you please say Hi to Mrs Miyagi for me, she is a big fan of yours.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Thankyou Mr. Miyagi. Knowing that you'll be watching my legs this evening- should I wax on or wax off?
  • edited January 2010

So you've deserted me then?

• edited January 2010
    Hi Rich, Ed

Can you ask Ed how deep he ended going in the open last night please?
  • edited January 2010

at work whilst in a meeting

shameful scenes
  • edited January 2010
    So you've deserted me then?
    Posted by Tikay10

Talk to the hand...coz the face ain't listening...
  • edited January 2010
    hi rich how about a special mention 2 the apat players especially David "SolarCarro" Thompson who has just made final table?????
  • edited January 2010
    Go Team MATT!!! i am in.

xxxxx
  • edited January 2010

I can't believe my eyes LML dressed up as Richard Orford - IT'S UNREAL!!!

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: The Primo Message Thread LIVE TONIGHT ON CHANNEL865 @8PM : Talk to the hand...coz the face ain't listening...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    ooooooooh, has Orford now been taking lessons from LML in how to become a diva! :):):)
  • edited January 2010
    Whats with the jeans you 2 tonight, going clubbing after the show?
  • edited January 2010
    in Response to Re: The Primo Message Thread LIVE TONIGHT ON CHANNEL865 @8PM:
    hi rich how about a special mention 2 the apat players especially David "SolarCarro" Thompson who has just made final table?????
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

excellent news, please keep us updated here, cant watch the show
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: The Primo Message Thread LIVE TONIGHT ON CHANNEL865 @8PM : Thankyou Mr. Miyagi. Knowing that you'll be watching my legs this evening- should I wax on or wax off?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    A new form of poker could be Orford RAZZ - the idea is to win with the worse hand possible whilst thinking you actually have the nuts in regular hold 'em.

Richard, I definitely recommend you wax on as opposed to the other option, live on air.
  • edited January 2010

/>The hand has finished.
    />Beginning a new hand.227022670

Hi guys can yo show the above hand on tonights show.
    Fold AQ pre flop,too tight or correct?

Thanks
    Cookie83
  • edited January 2010
    Congrats to ED final tabling the open last night :) 

Sparce doesn't know what he's on about clearly as David is winning total player :):)
  • edited January 2010
    If the Sky Poker crew were stuck on the Lost island Tikay was just spend his days looking for Jack Bauer.
  • edited January 2010

I also play whislt on the toileg Rich, I always seem to win with a flush

Cookie83

• edited January 2010
    Team David for the win..............sorry to disappoint Ed :)

Rich in answer to question 1 - I think the person to ask about inventing new poker games would be Tikay as he seems to invent a new one every week for the TKO!!!
  • edited January 2010
    hi rich /ed

new poker game
    we play this on fridays
    normal 7 card poker
    with wild cards and leaners

leaners are 2 cards the same suit running they then become wild

seem to get a lot of royals and cash in

sara36dd
  • edited January 2010
    absolutely typical, in primo, a guy raised and i re-raised, but the table didnt do anything, i had re-raised but the timer was just going down and i couldnt do anything about it, didnt give me any options i had to sit and watch the timer go down and fold me, my connection hadnt lost or anything as it has been perfect all night and straight after that hand too. turns out i would have trebled up but i was let down. now im out but it could have been alot different. until downloadable client is here im no longer playing. absolutely ridiculous.
  • edited January 2010

Hi

Cheers for showing my hand, I'm Holty1985 who went out to k 5 and they got the 4 kings to my full house, played it aggresive as new he was an aggresive player but thats poker for you. Really enjoying the sky poker, only just signed up 2 or 3 days a go and won a free ticket for the tournament. Good luck to everyone else.

Regards

Holty1985

Phil Holt

• edited January 2010
    When 150 left, went from 124 chips @ 150/300 blinds, to chip leader (briefly). Best comeback I have ever experienced!
  • edited January 2010
    just to explain my move, he had been limping lots, and it was bubble, 1 person to go :) table had tightened up lots!
  • edited January 2010
    Hello guys I am new to sky poker but its going well so far I have built up some BR from the £5 sky gave me just been grinding the DYM tables but will be up enough to enter primo next week!! anyway I am enjoying the show rooting for sparce and enjoying the brutal hand analysis from ed!!

keep up the good work 

cardgenius. 
  • edited January 2010
    Please show my J9cc vs KK hand and show how bad I run!
  • edited January 2010

Ty cardgenius.

Oops, i got caught shoving a terrible hand on button again haha!
    Gl to everyone else. Enjoyed it.

Love the Tv!!

How about a poker rush tournament. that would be interesting!!

• edited January 2010
    Never count out the man wih 1/2 a big blind!! Shipship!
  • edited January 2010
    Hello guys I am new to sky poker but its going well so far I have built up some BR from the £5 sky gave me just been grinding the DYM tables but will be up enough to enter primo next week!! anyway I am enjoying the show rooting for sparce and enjoying the brutal hand analysis from ed!! keep up the good work  cardgenius. 
    Posted by CardGenius
    Hi CardGenius,

Sorry I didn't read this one out- it slipped through the net and wasn't brought through to me on the studio floor.

Well done for building up your free £5 though and good luck in the Primo next week!