You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Primo Message Thread LIVE TONIGHT ON CHANNEL865 @8PM

2»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: The Primo Message Thread LIVE TONIGHT ON CHANNEL865 @8PM:
    Never count out the man wih 1/2 a big blind!! Shipship!
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    Did you win, Coxy? Great performance either way from less than a small blind!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: The Primo Message Thread LIVE TONIGHT ON CHANNEL865 @8PM : Did you win, Coxy? Great performance either way from less than a small blind!!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I did indeed win, after making one bad call I was down to 50k chips, then mowed through all opposition to a 400k stack at the final table. I felt sorry for the THESAW when we got headsup, 60bb deep and I have a 2:1 chiplead, glad to have all my HU-SNG experience!
  • edited January 2010
    wd poxy u played well glad i went out 2 winner!!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Out on full house to 4 k's!:
    Hi Cheers for showing my hand, I'm Holty1985 who went out to k 5 and they got the 4 kings to my full house, played it aggresive as new he was an aggresive player but thats poker for you. Really enjoying the sky poker, only just signed up 2 or 3 days a go and won a free ticket for the tournament. Good luck to everyone else. Regards Holty1985 Phil Holt
    Posted by Holty1985
    Hi Phil,
    Glad I found this, table moved me straight away, so I could not give you the big "Unlucky Mate", if that's any consolation! Normally could say that happens to us all, but that was a really Bad One! Did not know it was on the box either, as missus prob was watching some sun nite drivel LOl!!
    Anyway, prob not the 'done' thing but please accept my sincere apologies, and I wish you every luck as a new player to site. I only started here bout year ago, with first couple months on the top box!!! Looked at 'THE' hand no.227047568, prob,well defo a speculative call to your all-in, but had bout 4-times your stack, & put you on maybe buying pot with mid pr good kicker, HOW WRONG was I !!LOL anyway got you down I owe you at least a pint!!
    Maybe see you at Luton, will be my first SPT, if not another time
    Hope you enjoy Sky Poker, everyone mostly very good & sensible
    Good luck in future

Dave 'The Hitman' Harvey
    p.s. old Football Nickname, hopefully live up to it in poker world
    I reckon within an hour my full house was beaten by another!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Out on full house to 4 k's!:
    In Response to Out on full house to 4 k's! : Hi Phil, Glad I found this, table moved me straight away, so I could not give you the big "Unlucky Mate", if that's any consolation! Normally could say that happens to us all, but that was a really Bad One! Did not know it was on the box either, as missus prob was watching some sun nite drivel LOl!! Anyway, prob not the 'done' thing but please accept my sincere apologies, and I wish you every luck as a new player to site. I only started here bout year ago, with first couple months on the top box!!! Looked at 'THE' hand no.227047568, prob,well defo a speculative call to your all-in, but had bout 4-times your stack, & put you on maybe buying pot with mid pr good kicker, HOW WRONG was I !!LOL anyway got you down I owe you at least a pint!! Maybe see you at Luton, will be my first SPT, if not another time Hope you enjoy Sky Poker, everyone mostly very good & sensible Good luck in future Dave 'The Hitman' Harvey p.s. old Football Nickname, hopefully live up to it in poker world I reckon within an hour my full house was beaten by another!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

Ah, if only every bad beat encounter ended like this. I'm welling up..!

Very classy, Phil and Dave. An example to us all.
  • edited January 2010
    HAHA!! Ta Rich, we'd better get the hanky's out!
    Don't know if Phil would see my reply, and I aint that good on IT stuff really! So could you post my humble reply to his post box/profile or something, feel thats the least I could do, as many people were good to me when I first  joined, so the least I can do is pass on the welcome, TA
    Have sent him a smoke signal from my garden, and the carrier pidgeon may not get thru the London smog, so the goodwill may be relying on you!

The Hitman
  • edited January 2010
     Don't know if Phil would see my reply, and I aint that good on IT stuff really! So could you post my humble reply to his post box/profile or something
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Dead easy mate- just left-click at the start of your message to him on this thread and, keeping your finger down on the left-click, drag the shadow across the whole message. 

Then right-click and select 'copy'. 

Then go to Holty's message, and click on his name. That will take you to his profile.  On there there's an option to 'send him a message'. Click on that and then, in the message box, right-click and select 'paste'. 

Hey presto, your original message appears! 

Then simply click on 'send' and you're laughing.  ;)
  • edited January 2010
    Ever thought of a career in IT support Rich?
  • edited January 2010
    Ever thought of a career in IT support Rich?
    Posted by Deadluck
    Cheers for the message, yes it was hard luck but thats poker for you! With you betting the flop and with you having so many more chips than me I guessed you must of had something and thought there would be a good chance of you calling me and I was so glad when you did, but not by the end of the hand lol! Least I got my 5 minutes of fame on the TV hehe. Well I'm pretty new to this, have played a bit in the past but nothing to much so just playing the odd tournament and just trying to go in the bigger ones, least I had won the ticket for the 15k primo so not much was lost! Would like to attend a tournament, never played a proper one apart from on the net but need to get some practice in and always up for a pint!

Cheers for the message again.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: The Primo Message Thread LIVE TONIGHT ON CHANNEL865 @8PM : Cheers for the message, yes it was hard luck but thats poker for you! With you betting the flop and with you having so many more chips than me I guessed you must of had something and thought there would be a good chance of you calling me and I was so glad when you did, but not by the end of the hand lol! Least I got my 5 minutes of fame on the TV hehe. Well I'm pretty new to this, have played a bit in the past but nothing to much so just playing the odd tournament and just trying to go in the bigger ones, least I had won the ticket for the 15k primo so not much was lost! Would like to attend a tournament, never played a proper one apart from on the net but need to get some practice in and always up for a pint! Cheers for the message again.
    Posted by Holty1985
    No problem Holty! thanks for being a good sport, I wish you luck on the site, and hope to play you again.
    Till next time, "May the Quads be with you" but not against me! Hopefully!

" He who can meet with both the Nuts Rivers and the Bad Beats, and deal with it with the same Humility and Respect for his Opponent, will make a Great Poker Player, and Man, my Son!!"

Dave Hitman Harvey circa 2010

forgive me my blatant and poor plajerism lol!!...... and spelinn!! 
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: The Primo Message Thread LIVE TONIGHT ON CHANNEL865 @8PM : No problem Holty! thanks for being a good sport, I wish you luck on the site, and hope to play you again. Till next time, "May the Quads be with you" but not against me! Hopefully! " He who can meet with both the Nuts Rivers and the Bad Beats, and deal with it with the same Humility and Respect for his Opponent, will make a Great Poker Player, and Man, my Son!!" Dave Hitman Harvey circa 2010 forgive me my blatant and poor plajerism lol!!...... and spelinn!! 
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Jeez, is anyone else witnessing this landmark moment on Sky Poker buried away in an innocuous-looking thread? I think we've just solved all the world's troubles! 

"You may say that I'm a dreamer 
    But I'm not the only one 
    I hope someday you'll join us 
    And the world will live as one"

I'm not crying here people, I've just got something in my eye...

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: The Primo Message Thread LIVE TONIGHT ON CHANNEL865 @8PM : Jeez, is anyone else witnessing this landmark moment on Sky Poker buried away in an innocuous-looking thread? I think we've just solved all the world's troubles!  " You may say that I'm a dreamer  But I'm not the only one  I hope someday you'll join us  And the world will live as one" I'm not crying here people, I've just got something in my eye...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Glad to have refreshed your confidence in the Human Spirit, Rich!!
    You can have that one on me, but ssshhh dont tell anyone, cause I got a real nasty rep. to uphold. LOL