You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Spin Up Filter Has Now Been Added

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
Just in case you were wondering why they have disappeared from the highlighted section at the top of the lobby, Spin Up tables now have their own filter. We will be building some more tables/limits this afternoon.

Big thanks

Dan

Comments

• edited July 2015
    This doesn't appear to have happened? They are still at the top as normal. I can see the higher stakes tables, however only 1 table of 0.50/1, 1/2 and 1.50/3 are showing, even though there are full tables at each limit, i'm not sure why that's changed from last night where I was able to play 3 tables of 1/2?

In Response to Spin Up Filter Has Now Been Added:
    Just in case you were wondering why they have disappeared from the highlighted section at the top of the lobby, Spin Up tables now have their own filter. We will be building some more tables/limits this afternoon. Big thanks Dan
    Posted by Sky_Dan
  • edited July 2015
    Dan, people wont use the filters, everyones playing it atm cos of convience, its the first thing you see. Instead people are queueing up, and the rest of the tables which arnt highlighted are  empty. You got somthing good atm, no need to change it.
  • edited July 2015
    R.I.P Spin Up.

Recs dont navigate that menu...or scroll down past o.5/10nl. fun while it lasted
  • edited July 2015
    I think the rake really needs looking into in these games, it seems far too high. Not even from a reg perspective, as the games are generally filled with recreational players. I just think so much money is being taken out of the games in such a short period of time (nearly every hand reaches max rake), I feel like it wont be sustainable long term, players will just be going broke way too quickly. Ultimately a reduction in rake in these games will provide better games for everyone and sustainability to produce rake for Sky for a much longer time (and ultimately more rake than you may see if all the recs go bust super quickly the way rake is currently structured)
  • edited July 2015
    Highlight all the spin ups (imo)
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Spin Up Filter Has Now Been Added:
    I think the rake really needs looking into in these games, it seems far too high. Not even from a reg perspective, as the games are generally filled with recreational players. I just think so much money is being taken out of the games in such a short period of time (nearly every hand reaches max rake), I feel like it wont be sustainable long term, players will just be going broke way too quickly. Ultimately a reduction in rake in these games will provide better games for everyone and sustainability to produce rake for Sky for a much longer time (and ultimately more rake than you may see if all the recs go bust super quickly the way rake is currently structured)
    Posted by Vince_107
    recs dont go bust by rake, they go bust by losing, only regs worry about rake (imo)
  • edited July 2015
    The 25c/50c games doesn't show under the Spin Up filter
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Spin Up Filter Has Now Been Added : recs dont go bust by rake, they go bust by losing, only regs worry about rake (imo)
    Posted by r3dc4r
    Rec's going broke quicker (whether they realise it or not) is not good for the game - Skypoker long term loses out because less rec's = less reg's willing to start games and play in general. If rec's lose more of their money to rake than to other Reg's, that's not good for the game either (in general) because some (albeit not all) Reg's are willing to play each other to start games and to keep games running as long as their is the possibility of Rec's joining in. If this possibility becomes diminished, then Reg's just aren't going to play each other.
  • edited July 2015

These tables are killing games. Regs will stop playing here. Obviously if thats what Sky are aiming for well fair enough.

RIP Sky poker

• edited July 2015
    I don't think you appreciate how big the rake is relative to edges/amount of pots raked. The rake in these games will kill off the recs quicker than any regs can. These tables are absolutely fine provided they are kept sustainable, currently i can't see it happening. Sky will get a lot of rake quite quickly, but recs will go broke and that will lead to regs leaving.

As I said I have no problem with the games, i've been playing them a fair bit, I just can't see them being a long term success without a serious look into the rake structure.

In Response to Re: Spin Up Filter Has Now Been Added : recs dont go bust by rake, they go bust by losing, only regs worry about rake (imo)
    Posted by r3dc4r
  • edited July 2015
    Why not just have 1 spin up table per level and don't have any more spawning? This will clutter the lobby less as well as giving those who wish to play them a chance to do so. Its not as if someone is going to be on a waiting list very long given the nature of the tables anyway so having new tables spawning seems pretty pointless tbh. 
  • edited July 2015
    Why not just have 1 spin up table per level and don't have any more spawning? This will clutter the lobby less as well as giving those who wish to play them a chance to do so. Its not as if someone is going to be on a waiting list very long given the nature of the tables anyway so having new tables spawning seems pretty pointless tbh. 
    Posted by Curt360x27
    Why should these be treated any differently to other cash tables? If people want to 3-table a particular level, why not? If people want to play them, surely there's no problem to new tables spawning.

if anything it's the heads-up tables that need to spawn less, two minutes ago midway through a Friday night, there were about 88 tables in the lobby. How many had games playing? Just one. A £5/£10 table. None of the other 87 were actually in use.
  • edited July 2015
    To answer a few questions:

1) re: £0.25/£0.50 not showing in the correct filter, have fixed this now

2) re: highlighting all Spin Up tables, we don't want them to be the only thing you can see when you play on mobile/tablet which is what will happen if we do this

I understand that not everyone is pleased with the introduction of these games but it is very early stages and we are listening to everyone's comments about the rake, effect on other tables etc. We won't just simply leave it as it is if the general consensus is that it doesn't work.

Have a good weekend all.

Dan
  • edited July 2015
    Hey Dan

£1/£2 seems to have disappeared totally, could you get it back in the highlighted bit please? 

If you want to cut whats highlighted, i'd remove £2/£4 & £2.50/£5 thats where people will go on and lose their balance a lot quicker (bad for you guys)  than if they're playing .5/1 & 1/2. 
  • edited July 2015
    Sorry about that, an inactive table has been highlighting instead of the current active one. I will keep an eye on it.

FYI there will always be a table at each blind level available under the Spin Up filter.

I hear what you are saying about the £2/£4 and £2.50/£5 games, we were going to see how this weekend has performed/what the interest was before making any decisions.

Cheers!

Dan

• edited July 2015
  • edited July 2015
    Could you take another look? seems to have all dissappeared :) Last night is a good example, all the 7 buy in levels which were highlighted were all full, some with a waiting list. The ones in the 'spin up' lobby were empty. 

Cheers
  • edited July 2015
    spin poker is a rake trap,10bb and 5% rake impossible to win in the long run, these tables should be put in sky bingo
    Posted by rodneypowp
    Don't play them then. I enjoy playing them. I am shiiiiiit at cash but seem top be ok at these games.
    Personally in don't give 2 hoots about the rake as I only play for fun and for about an hour a night. if I win then good and if I don't then oh well eh. 
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Spin Up Filter Has Now Been Added : Don't play them then. I enjoy playing them. I am shiiiiiit at cash but seem top be ok at these games. Personally in don't give 2 hoots about the rake as I only play for fun and for about an hour a night. if I win then good and if I don't then oh well eh. 
    Posted by ALFIE123
    im happy you are enjoying the games i was only giving my opinion
  • edited July 2015
    any chance the spin up tables can removed from the 'Regular' filter, they're clogging up the lobby imo and why on earth do we still have pot limit and capped tables?
  • edited July 2015
    any chance the spin up tables can removed from the 'Regular' filter, they're clogging up the lobby imo and why on earth do we still have pot limit and capped tables?
    Posted by sikas
    no
  • edited July 2015
    agreed with sikas, hate the introduction of the spin up tables as theyre killing regular games but understand there is demand for them so not expecting them to be removed.  imo they should be kept in a seperate tab as they arent a 'regular ' game, its a seperate game format and should be categorised as such

• edited July 2015
    yeah i think they need their own tab, they are obviously quite popular and the lobby is a bit lionel at the best of times.
  • edited July 2015
    fed up with tables not loading
  • edited July 2015
    The volume on this site has been progressively decreasing recently and the introduction of these tables has only made things worse. They are not the correct direction to be taking the site as before long many of your regular players will have moved on. I have spoken to a few friends about this and honestly we are all looking at other options currently, at the very least these tables should be completely separate in the lobby.
  • edited July 2015
    Usually only 1 table playing at each level. When i try and start a 2nd table often give up. Therefore 6 people down shouldnt really be affecting volume?

Sorry if your edge is blunted and you dont like them. Nice for me to have a chance to profit at cash.

Personally I only play these or capped. If they didnt exist i wouldnt play cash at all so you are not losing vilume from me.

• edited July 2015
    The volume on this site has been progressively decreasing recently and the introduction of these tables has only made things worse. They are not the correct direction to be taking the site as before long many of your regular players will have moved on. I have spoken to a few friends about this and honestly we are all looking at other options currently, at the very least these tables should be completely separate in the lobby.
    Posted by BarryGuns
    That is incorrect.

Seasonally, it always declines at this time of year, in fact July & August are the nut quietest times for all European facing Online Poker Sites, Sky Poker included.

Year on year the volumes at Sky Poker have increased significantly this year (double digit %) & the site is busier now than it was at this time last year.
  • edited August 2015
    Hi guys,

We are taking your comments on board - we purposefully didn't have too many tables highlighted in the regular lobby so as to not 'clog' it up too much. They do have their own tab already - it may be that we decide to stop highlighting any of them now that we have introduced them for the first time. Some people like them, some people don't! The last thing we want to do is frustrate regular and loyal players. Next week we will make a decision on this as it is clearly a big talking point.

Thanks

Dan
  • edited July 2015
    There's no point creating its own tab, players won't play it. I've played Spin Up nearly every day this month, and unless the game is highlighted it wont run. 

Poker needs a fun game, quick and easy to play like this. It's removed a handfull of fish from the regular tables, thats why everyones complaining, Poker's a changing game, it's moving away from the multi tabling grinders, that doesnt appeal to recreational players. If you remove it that's a big shame, as i think you've got somthing good going with it.
  • edited July 2015
    There's no point creating its own tab, players won't play it. I've played Spin Up nearly every day this month, and unless the game is highlighted it wont run.  Poker needs a fun game, quick and easy to play like this. It's removed a handfull of fish from the regular tables, thats why everyones complaining, Poker's a changing game, it's moving away from the multi tabling grinders, that doesnt appeal to recreational players. If you remove it that's a big shame, as i think you've got somthing good going with it.
    Posted by alex1229
    Nobody is asking for them to be completely removed just a separate filter or possibly limit them to one or two per stake, the very nature of these game would mean a player waiting to join the game wouldn't be waiting too many hands to get a seat. At the moment they are just clogging the site. Its very frustrating joining a waiting list for a table thinking its a standard 6 max game then it opening and its actually a spin up table.
    HU has its own filter why cant these be the same?