You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Intermittent Download Client issues

2»

Comments

• edited July 2015
    decided to give them a go

spoke to Anya, who didn't listen to the points i was trying to make, issued me with the standard generic repsonses, and then disconnected the chat before i had a chance to reply, good to see nothing has changed
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Intermittent Download Client issues:
    decided to give them a go spoke to Anya, who didn't listen to the points i was trying to make, issued me with the standard generic repsonses, and then disconnected the chat before i had a chance to reply, good to see nothing has changed
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Sky_Sam is aware of the issues, and is looking into it.

I'll pick up the issue with customer care.

Cheers,
    JP.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Intermittent Download Client issues : Sky_Sam is aware of the issues, and is looking into it. I'll pick up the issue with customer care. Cheers, JP.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    thanks for replying

so the issues aren't fixed then? because this is what i was assured last night via live chat. quite a pressing issue for me as i attempt to get the last ~1k points required to get in to priority, but i cannot do this if the issues persist

i also believe it is somewhat unfair for some players to receive all their buy ins back, whilst i receive nothing - i am not expecting a complete refund (i was able to play some part in my sng's), but when i'm getting disconnected, due to Sky Pokers own issues, and in some cases losing half my stack whilst on a DYM bubble, i'd say that my gameplay has been quite badly affected
  • edited July 2015
    I dont want to jinx anything but the last few days have been fine. the client loads up first time rather tha having to try it several times and tables are loading up fine!! Hope this has sorted the problem for good!!
  • edited July 2015
    So after more than 24 hours wait I get the standard response, given that this is obviously a known issue (it's in black an white on the forum) and that I had not asked for or expected any kind of refund, it's just really, really poor customer care to send the same old stock response!
    Gemma C Response via email on 31/07/2015 02.00 AM
    Dear Simon,
    Thanks for your e-mail.
    We understand that it's frustrating to get disconnected whilst playing in a tournament, and can  appreciate that missing even a single hand can have a decisive detrimental effect.
    However we have a policy of refunding players only when the cause of disconnection is demonstrably our responsibility. This applies to instances such as our servers being inaccessible, which would result in players being disconnected and then not being able to get back in.
    After reviewing the game in question we can see that you were experiencing some connection issues during play in which we can only apologise for.
    We would suggest that you follow the below steps to try and resolve any similar issues you may experience in the future :
    Alternative Browser - The major browsers we currently support at the moment are Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you are using an alternative browser such as Opera or Safari, please reattempt the action you were taking with an alternative browser.
    Refresh - If you encounter an error message when attempting to buy into a game, launch a game, view the lobbies etc., pressing the 'Refresh' or 'Reload' options within the browser toolbar may allow you to progress. The 'F5' key on your keyboard will also perform this function.
    Clearing your Browsing History, Cookies and/or Cache - Contained within the 'Tools' or 'Options' menu of your browser - usually one of the options across the 'File Edit View...' grey toolbar across the top - should be a setting to clear or delete your browsing history. On occasion, your browsing software may save or remember an area of the site from a previous visit to speed up page load. This can then cause issues with the very latest versions of the site as the browsing software is referring to an out-of-date area or function. Clearing your history or cache can often resolve these issues.
    Reinstalling Java or Flash Player - Aspects of our sites use Java and Flash to display information. Always ensure you have the latest versions at: http://www.java.com/getjava/ (Java) and http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ (Flash Player). Uninstalling and reinstalling these programs can also resolve issues you may experience.
    Restart your PC - Some applications, components or functions may require a restart of your PC in order to function correctly. A full restart of your system may eradicate any issues you could be experiencing.
    Run Antivirus software - To ensure your PC is in full working order we would recommend installing an antivirus program and running security checks on your system at regular intervals. A full check of your system may reveal issues with your general internet browsing experience.
    We would also suggest that you download Sky Poker as this is a more stable platform, you can do this here https://support.skypoker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9/c/28
    If, once you follow the above, you are still experiencing connection issues then please contact us again.
    Kind Regards
    Gemma
    Customer Care Team
  • edited July 2015
    So after more than 24 hours wait I get the standard response, given that this is obviously a known issue (it's in black an white on the forum) and that I had not asked for or expected any kind of refund, it's just really, really poor customer care to send the same old stock response! Gemma C Response via email on 31/07/2015 02.00 AM Dear Simon, Thanks for your e-mail. We understand that it's frustrating to get disconnected whilst playing in a tournament, and can  appreciate that missing even a single hand can have a decisive detrimental effect. However we have a policy of refunding players only when the cause of disconnection is demonstrably our responsibility. This applies to instances such as our servers being inaccessible, which would result in players being disconnected and then not being able to get back in. After reviewing the game in question we can see that you were experiencing some connection issues during play  in which we can only apologise for. We would suggest that you follow the below steps to try and resolve any similar issues you may experience in the future : • Alternative Browser - The major browsers we currently support at the moment are Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you are using an alternative browser such as Opera or Safari, please reattempt the action you were taking with an alternative browser. • Refresh - If you encounter an error message when attempting to buy into a game, launch a game, view the lobbies etc., pressing the 'Refresh' or 'Reload' options within the browser toolbar may allow you to progress. The 'F5' key on your keyboard will also perform this function. • Clearing your Browsing History, Cookies and/or Cache - Contained within the 'Tools' or 'Options' menu of your browser - usually one of the options across the 'File Edit View...' grey toolbar across the top - should be a setting to clear or delete your browsing history. On occasion, your browsing software may save or remember an area of the site from a previous visit to speed up page load. This can then cause issues with the very latest versions of the site as the browsing software is referring to an out-of-date area or function. Clearing your history or cache can often resolve these issues. • Reinstalling Java or Flash Player - Aspects of our sites use Java and Flash to display information. Always ensure you have the latest versions at: http://www.java.com/getjava/ (Java) and http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ (Flash Player). Uninstalling and reinstalling these programs can also resolve issues you may experience. • Restart your PC - Some applications, components or functions may require a restart of your PC in order to function correctly. A full restart of your system may eradicate any issues you could be experiencing. • Run Antivirus software - To ensure your PC is in full working order we would recommend installing an antivirus program and running security checks on your system at regular intervals. A full check of your system may reveal issues with your general internet browsing experience. We would also suggest that you download Sky Poker as this is a more stable platform, you can do this here https://support.skypoker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9/c/28 If, once you follow the above, you are still experiencing connection issues then please contact us again. Kind Regards Gemma Customer Care Team
    Posted by Slykllist
    GET WRITING THAT BLOG!
  • ommomm
    edited July 2015
    Played on weds night for four hours and didn't have any issues, hopefully it's back to normal, will report back after tonight. 
  • edited July 2015
    more issues tonight, timer and action buttons disappearing, missed bets and calls on numerous occasions tonight already. on bright side the tables are loading ok
  • ommomm
    edited August 2015
    All fine last night from 6pm until about 12:30. Things are looking up.