You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Double vision?

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat

Noon today, until noon on Monday, as per here

Comments

• edited August 2015

Anyone going to set themselves a points target for the SNG double points weekend?

Targets really help, they give us a goal, something to aim for.

In PLO8, it's rare to see games above £5.50 run, so it's mostly £2.25, £3.30 & £5.50.

I can manage around 120 points per session in those, & currently sit on 363.

So the plan is to get to 1,000 points, so I get an extra 25% Reward Money, which would total £12.50. 

Can't retire on £12.50, but if you saw a £12.50 note blowing down the street, you'd pick it up, right?

So I need 637 points in 3 sessions, = 213 per session. That equates to 107 at normal rate, doubled to 214, x 3, bob's yer uncle.

1,000 points then. 

Do you have any targets for the SNG Double Points weekend?  
  • edited August 2015
    As I type this I am sat on 236 pts

Last week for the first time I managed >500 (605 actually)

With the SNG promotion on I think I will go for 1000+ and the 25% boost.

However as always - bankroll management and focussing on playing well for a manageable time and no. of tables should take priority.

Given that the Premiership promo is on it's also a great way to make sure you qualify for any rewards that may come to your team by getting the 100 pts in.

A bit of Cash Acceleration will help too!

Run well peeps

Saturday 8th August
    Time  Poker Point Boost  
    6pm - 7pmx2
    7pm - 8pmx3
    8pm - 9pmx4
  • edited August 2015

Good luck with that 1,000 point target, Phantommmmmmmmmm. Ambitious stuff, but as you say, it's also important to keep good BRM.

Give us an update tomorrow morning please. I'll do the same, & we can maybe hold hands & egg each other along.

For others, please note the REWARDS ACCELERATOR tomorrow evening -
    this thing - is CASH ONLY, whilst Happy Days is SNG's only.  
  • edited August 2015
    Unfortunately i cant play Saturday, however im currently on 900 points which is the most ive ever had at this point of the week. And I should be able to get a decent session in tonight and Sunday, so will set myself a minimum target of 1500, but really i want to be knocking on the door of 2k
  • edited August 2015

Good luck RLT, & even better, you'll get paid your Reward Money on Monday.

Give us an update in the morning to let us know how you are getting on. And be careful, don't be losing £20 in the pursuit of £10 or whatever.

I'm very conscious of that, but so far this week, it's going OK, & I'm a bit ahead. Just need to hold that now for the next 3 seshes.

With any luck, the PLO8 DYM's might get visited by a rofler, such as Grumpy Any Two. Happy Days indeed.    

• edited August 2015
    Perhaps 2.5-3k depending on how much time I spend down the pub after the West Ham game on Sunday!

Playing mainly hu hypers and dyms at £5 or £10 stakes. 
  • edited August 2015
    I'll be going for a 2k-3k weekend playing £21-£55 Hypers for a few hours each day.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Double vision?:
    I'll be going for a 2k-3k weekend playing £21-£55 Hypers for a few hours each day.
    Posted by jordz16

GL I hope you are a "Saint"

• edited August 2015
    Perhaps 2.5-3k depending on how much time I spend down the pub after the West Ham game on Sunday! Playing mainly hu hypers and dyms at £5 or £10 stakes. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER

Arsenal usually have a bad result early season against one of the minnows - think it was at home to Villa last season?

I'm all over Arsenal to do well this Season, so good luck.
  • edited August 2015
    Posted by jordz16
    I'm almost envious of you, being able to play at the £55 level, we can rarely get an £11 game going in PLO8. Still, the PLO8 players are a great bunch, & we have a laugh along the way.

2,000 - 3,000 points in a weekend, yikes, it takes me a month to get that. 

Good luck.

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Double vision? :   Arsenal usually have a bad result early season against one of the minnows - think it was at home to Villa last season?   I'm all over Arsenal to do well this Season, so good luck.
    Posted by Tikay10

Minnows? ouch!

Astra Giurgiu are a world class outfit I'll have you know.
  • edited August 2015
    Have got family down all week, new football season, with a visit to the Mecca of British football ( Fratton Park ) thrown in,potential Aussie bashing and probably a meal out and about around Gunwharf Quays means the opportunity to garner points may be low.
    It may also mean that I do not waste my money by not believing the PLO8 master, how many more times are you going to have the bullets?
    just six points in the bag at present but am available to lose some money now if you want to come along and enjoy the magic of the four card game.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Double vision? :   Arsenal usually have a bad result early season against one of the minnows - think it was at home to Villa last season?   I'm all over Arsenal to do well this Season, so good luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Did you see the documentary about West Ham and the Olympic Stadium Tikay. Basically, they are paying next to nothing towards refurbishment costs which are met by the taxpayer. On top of this they are only paying £2.5m a year in rent which is less than the expected revenue for one game. Our stadium cost £400m to build. 

Purely on the strength of this and a rebranding exercise by West Ham, I expect them to be bought by a billionaire within the next 10 years. The club will be awash with money - all they have to do is make sure they don't get relegated before they move. 
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Double vision? : Did you see the documentary about West Ham and the Olympic Stadium Tikay. Basically, they are paying next to nothing towards refurbishment costs which are met by the taxpayer. On top of this they are only paying £2.5m a year in rent which is less than the expected revenue for one game. Our stadium cost £400m to build.  Purely on the strength of this and a rebranding exercise by West Ham, I expect them to be bought by a billionaire within the next 10 years. The club will be awash with money - all they have to do is make sure they don't get relegated before they move. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER

we have had a lucky touch there is no doubt about that, but if you look at what it would cost the taxpayer if we didnt get the venue then it would have been massively more than it is with us as tennants, also there is an agreement in place that the club cannot be sold  within the first 10 years of the tennancy, its very similar to what happened at Man C and their stadium but it will be a longer and more steady process.
  • edited August 2015
    Posted by Tikay10
    Oi - Yellow card for that one.
  • edited August 2015
    Posted by Tikay10
    I thought that the Woolwich Wanderers WERE one of the minnows...:)
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Double vision? : we have had a lucky touch there is no doubt about that, but if you look at what it would cost the taxpayer if we didnt get the venue then it would have been massively more than it is with us as tennants, also there is an agreement in place that the club cannot be sold  within the first 10 years of the tennancy, its very similar to what happened at Man C and their stadium but it will be a longer and more steady process.
    Posted by jordz16
    Man City's situation was totally different. The City of manchester stadium was built with the intention of becoming a football venue after the commonwealth games. They also paid a reasonable proportion of the refurbishment costs which where around 25% of what it is costing to convert the olympic stadium into West Ham's new home.

West Ham are paying less than 10% of the total refurbishment cost of the olympic stadium, the rest is being funded by the taxpayer. We are talking about more than £200 million quid, no small beans. The legacy of the olympic stadium was not decided before the games in 2012, and therefore the refurbishment cost is much higher than it could/should have been. 

Given the amount of money in the Premier League these days, it is totally reasonable to expect any club to pay their way towards the refurbishment. The two people who stand to gain the most out of this are Sullivan and Gold, they bought the club for £100m and will not doubt sell up for the best part of a billion pounds in years to come (the club has already been valued at £400m). To me that is wrong, I don't blame West Ham, but Lord Coe and Boris Johnson have a lot of explaining to do. Sorry to go off topic back but this grates on me, back to double points!
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Double vision? : I thought that the Woolwich Wanderers WERE one of the minnows...:)
    Posted by Essexphil
    13 league titles you've only won 2 ;).

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Double vision? : Man City's situation was totally different. The City of manchester stadium was built with the intention of becoming a football venue after the commonwealth games. They also paid a reasonable proportion of the refurbishment costs which where around 25% of what it is costing to convert the olympic stadium into West Ham's new home. West Ham are paying less than 10% of the total refurbishment cost of the olympic stadium, the rest is being funded by the taxpayer. We are talking about more than £200 million quid, no small beans. The legacy of the olympic stadium was not decided before the games in 2012, and therefore the refurbishment cost is much higher than it could/should have been.  Given the amount of money in the Premier League these days, it is totally reasonable to expect any club to pay their way towards the refurbishment. The two people who stand to gain the most out of this are Sullivan and Gold, they bought the club for £100m and will not doubt sell up for the best part of a billion pounds in years to come (the club has already been valued at £400m). To me that is wrong, I don't blame West Ham, but Lord Coe and Boris Johnson have a lot of explaining to do. Sorry to go off topic back but this grates on me, back to double points!
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Could be worse Ace - imagine how you would feel if Spurs had got their hands on it?
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Double vision? : 13 league titles you've only won 2 ;).
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    More seriously, I am surprised how many people are tipping Arsenal to have a great season, when the only signing so far has been a goalkeeper...the pundits all appear to be assuming Benzema is on his way-without him (or someone similar), your odds look unappetising, even if a St Totteringham's day is still expected!
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Double vision? : Man City's situation was totally different. The City of manchester stadium was built with the intention of becoming a football venue after the commonwealth games. They also paid a reasonable proportion of the refurbishment costs which where around 25% of what it is costing to convert the olympic stadium into West Ham's new home. West Ham are paying less than 10% of the total refurbishment cost of the olympic stadium, the rest is being funded by the taxpayer. We are talking about more than £200 million quid, no small beans. The legacy of the olympic stadium was not decided before the games in 2012, and therefore the refurbishment cost is much higher than it could/should have been.  Given the amount of money in the Premier League these days, it is totally reasonable to expect any club to pay their way towards the refurbishment. The two people who stand to gain the most out of this are Sullivan and Gold, they bought the club for £100m and will not doubt sell up for the best part of a billion pounds in years to come (the club has already been valued at £400m). To me that is wrong, I don't blame West Ham, but Lord Coe and Boris Johnson have a lot of explaining to do. Sorry to go off topic back but this grates on me, back to double points!
    Posted by ACEGOONER

is this Barry Hearn? ;)
  • edited August 2015
    looking for minimum of 2k points would like to play 200 games turbo speed and hyper at the heads up £21 and above tables
  • edited August 2015
    Have got family down all week, new football season, with a visit to the Mecca of British football ( Fratton Park ) thrown in,potential Aussie bashing and probably a meal out and about around Gunwharf Quays means the opportunity to garner points may be low. It may also mean that I do not waste my money by not believing the PLO8 master, how many more times are you going to have the bullets? just six points in the bag at present but am available to lose some money now if you want to come along and enjoy the magic of the four card game.
    Posted by pompeynic
    Nick, you are currently BLINDING AWAY in an £11 PLO8 DYM.

If anyone knows how to contact Nick, please do so, & let him know.
  • edited August 2015
    502 points at the end of the session. Also about £2 up on the days play which could have been a lot better had my bubble allins not gone so horribly wrong a few times. AA < 99quads and 2 flips getting crushed by FHs. Sure I have conveniently forgotten some luck that came my way earlier though.

and by the way what do 502 points make?

£5.03 apparently, according to my widget.

Has that got something to do with 50% for starting a cash table?

I played HU on a spinup table for a bit and noticed the pts were only going up in 1's so wasn't sure what was happening to the half points. In dyms you get extra during double points as for example the 25p in a 2.25 dym gets rounded up to 3 and then doubled to 6 points. Doesn't quite make up for the higher rake at that level though.

So not sure whether I will make 1000 but it's something to aim for - may depend on whether I get a good x3x4 session in on the cash which may be tricky given the early timing.
  • edited August 2015
    Good luck RLT, & even better, you'll get paid your Reward Money on Monday. Give us an update in the morning to let us know how you are getting on. And be careful, don't be losing £20 in the pursuit of £10 or whatever.   I'm very conscious of that, but so far this week, it's going OK, & I'm a bit ahead. Just need to hold that now for the next 3 seshes. With any luck, the PLO8 DYM's might get visited by a rofler, such as Grumpy Any Two. Happy Days indeed.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay, just finished my session, when i logged on i think i was on 894 points off the top of my head and at the end of my session i'm currently on 1437 points (£17.92, but only 63 points shy of £22.50)

the whole losing money in the pursuit of money is something i probably used to do in the past but its not something i do now i just grind away at DYM's and they were very up and down today, mainly due to how hard they were, all this double points stuff is great but it brought the strong players swarming to the tables. i rarely found a game where i was sat with less than 3 long term winning players. at points i was £10+ up and at points i was £10 down. the tables definitely got easier later on as the regs disappeared of to their beds. so in the end i finished the session about £5 up, as well as increasing my bonus by £7/8. not a great result if i'm being honest and id of expected to do better.

this may be a bit premature but i think given that there are 2 double points weekends this month and that i'm going to be moving up to the £5 dyms in  16 games time once i've finished the dym challenge i've been running, i might at a push be able to sneak into priority this mo, now that would be an achievement.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Double vision? : Hi Tikay, just finished my session, when i logged on i think i was on 894 points off the top of my head and at the end of my session i'm currently on 1437 points (£17.92, but only 63 points shy of £22.50) the whole losing money in the pursuit of money is something i probably used to do in the past but its not something i do now i just grind away at DYM's and they were very up and down today, mainly due to how hard they were, all this double points stuff is great but it brought the strong players swarming to the tables. i rarely found a game where i was sat with less than 3 long term winning players. at points i was £10+ up and at points i was £10 down. the tables definitely got easier later on as the regs disappeared of to their beds. so in the end i finished the session about £5 up, as well as increasing my bonus by £7/8. not a great result if i'm being honest and id of expected to do better. this may be a bit premature but i think given that there are 2 double points weekends this month and that i'm going to be moving up to the £5 dyms in  16 games time once i've finished the dym challenge i've been running, i might at a push be able to sneak into priority this mo, now that would be an achievement.
    Posted by RLT16
    Well done RLT, 1,500 points will be worthy £22.50, so that's pretty handy. At the rate you are going, 2,000 must be a possibility - that'd be 2p per point, so £40.

Two days to go yet, (it runs until noon on Monday) so you have a great chance - good luck.
  • edited August 2015

Had one of my busiest ever nights on the PLO8 DYM's last night - a whopping 57 games, including 8 @ £11, which earned me 506 points.

I'm on 872 now, so the 1,000 (£12.50) is as good as done, but if the traffic is good again today & tomorrow, I could make 1,500 points, which would be £22.50. 

I need 628 more points, which is 314 today, 314 tomorrow. That's equivalent to 157 per session before doubling.  So I'll go for that - if the traffic is there.
  • edited August 2015
    Had one of my busiest ever nights on the PLO8 DYM's last night - a whopping 57 games, including 8 @ £11, which earned me 506 points. I'm on 872 now, so the 1,000 (£12.50) is as good as done, but if the traffic is good again today & tomorrow, I could make 1,500 points, which would be £22.50.  I need 628 more points, which is 314 today, 314 tomorrow. That's equivalent to 157 per session before doubling.  So I'll go for that - if the traffic is there.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Muggings here might get bullied into helping you achieve your target.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Double vision? : Muggings here might get bullied into helping you achieve your target.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Call again please, in both senses of the word.  ;)

There were all sorts playing the PLO8 DYM's last night - you, Grumpy Any Two, & we even got good old hotwheals back. Great night, Happy Days.  
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Double vision? : Call again please, in both senses of the word.  ;) There were all sorts playing the PLO8 DYM's last night - you, Grumpy Any Two, & we even got good old hotwheals back. Great night, Happy Days.  
    Posted by Tikay10

I jumped in a couple just to play you... was fun. Have no real idea about PL08 but scrapped through on positional play lol