You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*** Best Player ***

Comments

• edited February 2016

FRIDAY

BEST 100 players
    12,114 players in 596 tournaments in past 31 days

Best Player is SoLack
    Biggest climber is maza8311 up 44 positions to 53
    4 new entrants in the Top 100 Best Players at Sky Poker.

NEW Best Newbie is Oshawott

Thursday's Best Player is jack100

Alerts?  Follow on Twitter @PokerSuperHero

See the Top 100 Best players at
    www.pokersuperhero.com/best.html

• edited February 2016

SATURDAY

BEST 100 players
    12,188 players in 598 tournaments in past 31 days

NEW Best Player is MattBates
    Biggest climber is RUTSTER19 up 49 positions to 51
    3 new entrants in the Top 100 Best Players at Sky Poker.

Friday's Best Player is cjy

• edited February 2016

SUNDAY

BEST 100 players
    12,339 players in 600 tournaments in past 31 days

Best Player is MattBates
    Biggest climber is MD_575 up 41 positions to 58
    5 new entrants in the Top 100 Best Players at Sky Poker.

Saturday's Best Player is WingsP

• edited February 2016

MONDAY

BEST 100 players
    12,371 players in 601 tournaments in past 31 days

Best Player is MattBates
    Biggest climber is PICKLE33 up 33 positions to 58
    4 new entrants in the Top 100 Best Players at Sky Poker.

Sunday's Best Player is StayOrGo

www.pokersuperhero.com

• edited February 2016

TUESDAY

BEST 100 players
    12,276 players in 599 tournaments in past 31 days

NEW Best Player is GSmith13
    Biggest climber is Trample up 39 positions to 37
    1 new entrants in the Top 100 Best Players at Sky Poker.

Monday's Best Player is BrayCorp83

www.pokersuperhero.com

• edited February 2016
    Can these threads really continue when you are just advertising a business now with your website.

Sky deleted another thread the other week because of this spaming the forum to a online poker magazine.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: *** Best Player ***:
    Can these threads really continue when you are just advertising a business now with your website. Sky deleted another thread the other week because of this spaming the forum to a online poker magazine.
    Posted by stuarty117

i dont mind stuarty

i am not running a business.  i have been doing this for free and at a loss for a year.  it costs me money to do this too.  incidentally, i have been offered an income from businesses competing with skypoker and have declined those offers.  i work at this many hours a day and support sky poker and sky poker players for free.

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: *** Best Player *** : i dont mind stuarty i am not running a business.  i have been doing this for free and at a loss for a year.  it costs me money to do this too.  incidentally, i have been offered an income from businesses competing with skypoker and have declined those offers.  i work at this many hours a day and support sky poker and sky poker players for free.  
    Posted by aussie09

But this is your choice to run this site.

To gain access to certain parts you now have to pay money. So if you have to pay money for a service is this not then a business. 

All i am saying other threads in the past have been closed for similar reasons and wondered why sky allow this one.

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: *** Best Player *** : But this is your choice to run this site. To gain access to certain parts you now have to pay money. So if you have to pay money for a service is this not then a business.  All i am saying other threads in the past have been closed for similar reasons and wondered why sky allow this one.
    Posted by stuarty117

do you think i should stop?

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: *** Best Player *** : do you think i should stop?
    Posted by aussie09
    Entirely up to what sky think as ots their forum not mine.
  • edited February 2016

as i said stuarty, i don't mind.  posting here on the forum is intended as a help, news, info, bits and pieces that might be of interest to players.  if it isn't, i can probably find far better things to do with my time instead.

• edited February 2016
    as i said stuarty, i don't mind.  posting here on the forum is intended as a help, news, info, bits and pieces that might be of interest to players.  if it isn't, i can probably find far better things to do with my time instead.
    Posted by aussie09
    But is advertising a service that you pay for allowed 
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: *** Best Player *** : But is advertising a service that you pay for allowed 
    Posted by stuarty117
    i'm not.

• edited February 2016
    But ur charging for some parts eg £2 per week to be a member or £50 for the year
  • edited February 2016

btw, congratulations on your play so far this year.

• edited February 2016
    Posted by aussie09
    I think you do a great job and if sky allows it then why not. 
    It won't be for everyone but I'm sure a lot of other people find your posts useful and interesting, I know i do. 

• edited February 2016
    But ur charging for some parts eg £2 per week to be a member or £50 for the year
    Posted by stuarty117
    So this is true. 

All i am saying other people doing similar things have been told not to. 
  • edited February 2016

I know the majority of players here really appreciate all the hard work you do Rob in producing these tables in your own time. Maybe not enough interaction as other threads, but a daily read for some for sure. I do find that people who criticise others here on this forum rarely bring anything to the table themselves. With GARYQQQ results thread soon to become dormant, your work will be even more valuable.

Carry on with the work you do please. Cheers. 
  • edited February 2016
    I know the majority of players here really appreciate all the hard work you do Rob in producing these tables in your own time. Maybe not enough interaction as other threads, but a daily read for some for sure. I do find that people who criticise others here on this forum rarely bring anything to the table themselves. With GARYQQQ results thread soon to become dormant, your work will be even more valuable. Carry on with the work you do please. Cheers. 
    Posted by MAXALLY

Totally agree garys thread is fantastic. But he doesnt charge for his services.

Would like to see sky comment on this. 

Would other data mining sites be allowed to open threads

• edited February 2016
    I know the majority of players here really appreciate all the hard work you do Rob in producing these tables in your own time. Maybe not enough interaction as other threads, but a daily read for some for sure. I do find that people who criticise others here on this forum rarely bring anything to the table themselves. With GARYQQQ results thread soon to become dormant, your work will be even more valuable. Carry on with the work you do please. Cheers. 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I think Stu's point is solely around Aussie charging for the info - if he provides it for free then, like all other positive contributors to the forum, he deserves credit for helping to try and add to the Sky Poker experience, whether it is useful to Stu (or anyone else) as an individual or not.

Hardly being done for the good of the community though when attempting to make money from a captive audience, even if you have to applaud the entrepreneurship shown.  Although hey, as per the posts above, it's Sky Pokers' call either way.

Would you expect Sky to let Al's Bar keep operating if posters had to pay a couple of quid for you to respond to them with a virtual pint?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: *** Best Player *** : Totally agree garys thread is fantastic. But he doesnt charge for his services. Would like to see sky comment on this.  Would other data mining sites be allowed to open threads
    Posted by stuarty117
    Had a look through this thread, Aussie's site and have decided to keep this thread going for the following reasons:

First to the bold part of the quoted thread above.  A key no no on the forum is to link to other pages advertising, either through design or banners, other online poker and gambling sites.  Scope, various magazine sites and so forth are super heavy on the banners.  We let it go a little loose for things like poker news, it's a question of context and the content between the banners.  However if someone constantly linked to a Poker News like site with constant banners I'd hope we'd pretty quickly twig what the plan was there.  There are no banners or other site advertising on the links Aussie is posting, so they are fine.

Secondly there is no misrepresentation here.  He's linking saying you can see the top 100 in his table.  You still can, for free.  Yes if you explore the site there is a paywall for some of the content, but this is the same for a few perfectly fine links and to be honest, is the way digital media and online information & media sites are going.  And they are going that way not without cause.

Now if Aussie started linking by saying 'See all XXXX info here' and the link either took you directly to a paywall or the information he was promoting was behind the paywall, then with my Mod hat on I would have an issue with this thread.  But that's not the case.

So for now, there is nothing wrong with this thread imo.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: *** Best Player *** : Had a look through this thread, Aussie's site and have decided to keep this thread going for the following reasons: First to the bold part of the quoted thread above.  A key no no on the forum is to link to other pages advertising, either through design or banners, other online poker and gambling sites.  Scope, various magazine sites and so forth are super heavy on the banners.  We let it go a little loose for things like poker news, it's a question of context and the content between the banners.  However if someone constantly linked to a Poker News like site with constant banners I'd hope we'd pretty quickly twig what the plan was there.  There are no banners or other site advertising on the links Aussie is posting, so they are fine. Secondly there is no misrepresentation here.  He's linking saying you can see the top 100 in his table.  You still can, for free.  Yes if you explore the site there is a paywall for some of the content, but this is the same for a few perfectly fine links and to be honest, is the way digital media and online information & media sites are going.  And they are going that way not without cause. Now if Aussie started linking by saying 'See all XXXX info here' and the link either took you directly to a paywall or the information he was promoting was behind the paywall, then with my Mod hat on I would have an issue with this thread.  But that's not the case. So for now, there is nothing wrong with this thread imo.
    Posted by TommyD

Thank you for your response Tommy but: - 

Still advertising a business on the sky poker forum is it not.

Do sky allow this then. Can i stick my website in a thread for my self employed business i dont have any banners on my site.

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: *** Best Player *** : Thank you for your response Tommy but: -  Still advertising a business on the sky poker forum is it not. Do sky allow this then. Can i stick my website in a thread for my self employed business i dont have any banners on my site.
    Posted by stuarty117
    Sure can but if it has nothing to do with poker then I'd move it to The Rail.
  • edited February 2016
    Thank you tommy for your response again. I didnt know you could do this on sky.

The rail could be full of activity now 
  • edited February 2016
    Can these threads really continue when you are just advertising a business now with your website. Sky deleted another thread the other week because of this spaming the forum to a online poker magazine.
    Posted by stuarty117
    Hi Stu,

Yes, that thread last week linking to a poker magazine was removed, & most links of that nature will continue to be removed.

However, it should be noted that the chap who posted that link last week had never posted on this forum before or since, so it was my clear view that he was using this Forum for his own gain, nothing else.

• edited February 2016
    Thank you tommy for your response again. I didnt know you could do this on sky. The rail could be full of activity now 
    Posted by stuarty117
    Not really, if it becomes a sort of Exchange & Mart or Situations Vacant style, then they will be curtailed.

The occasional one from well established Forum Users & Sky Poker players is fine.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: *** Best Player *** : Not really, if it becomes a sort of Exchange & Mart or Situations Vacant style, then they will be curtailed. The occasional one from well established Forum Users & Sky Poker players is fine.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Then this contradicts tommys post a little by saying. Post in the rail if i want to advertise my business.

Anyway i will leave it see u at the tables later i fancy a bit of plo8 got the bug for it again

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: *** Best Player *** : Then this contradicts tommys post a little by saying. Post in the rail if i want to advertise my business. Anyway i will leave it see u at the tables later i fancy a bit of plo8 got the bug for it again
    Posted by stuarty117
    I'm just a Mod telling you what I'd do and my interpretations of the rules.  Obviously I'm not the ultimate authority on this.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: *** Best Player *** : Then this contradicts tommys post a little by saying. Post in the rail if i want to advertise my business. Anyway i will leave it see u at the tables later i fancy a bit of plo8 got the bug for it again
    Posted by stuarty117
    It does not contradict Tommy, no, I'm just putting a sensible interpretation on it.

Remember that "No Entry Criteria" Freeroll the other week, when the world & his wife suddenly showed up? That's why I'm saying it will be curtailed if it gets out of hand, we are not gonna have a board full of strangers advertising whatever.

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: *** Best Player *** : I'm just a Mod telling you what I'd do and my interpretations of the rules.  Obviously I'm not the ultimate authority on this.
    Posted by TommyD
    I don't think I disagree with what you said Tommy, I'm just adding a sensible rider. Trust me, if we don't, it'll get silly.

I'd like to think "common sense" applies in all these matters. Aussie has been here a long time, & provided valuable free info as far as I am concerned, so yes, some latitude has been allowed in his case, & I think that's perfectly reasonable.

We'd do the same for any long standing regular, but in the case you cited, when Billy No Posts suddenly pops up with a link, no, absolutely not.