You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Starting again............

edited October 2015 in Poker Chat
WOW it's been a few years since I posted in the forum!! I'm hoping by starting this diary, I can re-focus myself into poker.

A quick summary. I am one of the originals from the early days of Sky Poker. I was chosen as a 'blogger' when Sky introduced them to the forum. I built my roll mainly through DYMs and MTTs. I then hit a brick wall.......

On reflection, I think having poker as my only hobby for years after years really got to me and I became mentally frazzled with the game. Frustrations came which is never a good mix at the tables! I have been fortunate to gain a lot of 'extra income' from poker over the initial years - money that has helped towards extra luxuries for my family. It sounds strange to even say "I became bored with something where I was winning money" but it happened!

When I chose to play, I went away from my strengths and sat at the cash tables and tried to force the action for a quick return (again, not a good choice!) I found myself not liking what I was saying in the chat box when I became frustrated and moved away from poker again.

I'm gonna stop rambling on! As some of you will know, I am a primary teacher as is my wife. This is our last free day before back to school. I am going to use this as a diary to document between now and next summer holidays. My aim is to play DYMs and MTTs and steer clear of cash with a target of having a summer holiday in 2016 paid for via poker!

The challenge is that the roll was withdrawn a couple of years ago for a new kitchen and I've only dabbled here and there in poker since (usually on cash and usually not good). I am starting small with a mixture of £3 and £5 DYMs and MTTs of similar buyins. Of course, if I can bink entries into the mains via satelittes then I will obv try that too!  

I would love to chat to the old names I will remember as well as the new faces on Sky. Hopefully I won't bore you as much as I bore the children in my class..........

Comments