You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Starting again............

2»

Comments

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Starting again............:
    Thanks guys and cheers for the rail Alan! Yes, I managed to luckbox my way past 596 players in the mini last night for a very healthy return.  Very happy with how I played throught the tourney. I also played 3 DYMs and cashed in 2 (lower stakes). PROFIT / LOSS FOR SESSION : + £438.25 :)
    Posted by phil12uk

phil, remember?  stay away from MTTs.  just play SNGs.  please.

ps.  vwp, as anticipated.

• edited September 2015
    Hi Phil, im 1 of the new players here, about a year now.

Mtt player but have recently embarked on a dym marathon in the form of Rlt's dym challange, 1000 games at the £5 level, which is where i have shared a few tables with you.

Not enough to get any meaning full notes, so far they more or less read 'seems solid' : )

Although i have not been on the site long i started well and moved up levels fairly quickly, unfortunately about 3 months ago i had to withdraw my entire roll for 'life roll' and therefore am starting from scratch too so understand what you mean about playing the lower levels again.

Will be watching this thread with interest and wish you all the best.

Congrats on your bink.

Regards

James
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Starting again............ : phil, remember?  stay away from MTTs.  just play SNGs.  please. ps.  vwp, as anticipated.
    Posted by aussie09

thank you and sorry Rob haha! Gotta aim to get into your database too now ;)
  • edited September 2015
    Hi Phil, im 1 of the new players here, about a year now. Mtt player but have recently embarked on a dym marathon in the form of Rlt's dym challange, 1000 games at the £5 level, which is where i have shared a few tables with you. Not enough to get any meaning full notes, so far they more or less read 'seems solid' : ) Although i have not been on the site long i started well and moved up levels fairly quickly, unfortunately about 3 months ago i had to withdraw my entire roll for 'life roll' and therefore am starting from scratch too so understand what you mean about playing the lower levels again. Will be watching this thread with interest and wish you all the best. Congrats on your bink. Regards James
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    Hi James. Thanks for your kind comments.

Are you sure it's me with the notes of 'seems solid'????? Anyone who's played me on cash may beg to differ with that lol.

Life roll is definitely more important than poker roll so I commend you for taking that step as well. It's hard to make that step back down the levels in poker but you defo have the skills to get back up there!

See you on the tables in the RLT challenge :)
  • edited September 2015
    Well played Philly!
    Posted by YoungUn
     Cheers Neil!  

PS Still haven't read your bad beat message ;)
  • edited September 2015

Nice to see the luckbox is still working ;)

Good luck Phil 
  • edited September 2015
    Had my first proper grinding day yesterday and sadly suffered from 'positive tilt' after the mini win on Friday. It's a leak I need to focus on where I felt invincible and played too loose in a few spots.  As a result, the bankroll took a hit.

DYM : Played 11. Won 6.  Profit 30p!!

Tournies: Played 5. No cashes. 3 bounties overall.  Loss £22.18

Sats: Played 5. A bit of money back in 1 but no seats. Loss £4.05

PROFIT / LOSS FOR SESSION : - £25.93

Time to try and win some back!  Good luck at the tables everyone :)
  • edited September 2015
    Had my first proper grinding day yesterday and sadly suffered from 'positive tilt' after the mini win on Friday. It's a leak I need to focus on where I felt invincible and played too loose in a few spots.  As a result, the bankroll took a hit.

DYM : Played 11. Won 6.  Profit 30p!!

Tournies: Played 5. No cashes. 3 bounties overall.  Loss £22.18

Sats: Played 5. A bit of money back in 1 but no seats. Loss £4.05

PROFIT / LOSS FOR SESSION : - £25.93

Time to try and win some back!  Good luck at the tables everyone :)
  • edited September 2015
    UL yesterday mate. In honour of your Mini BH bink t'other day, may I please thank you for inspiring me to bink one of my own. Not in the same league, but a nice little earner all the same ;)

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=11400258&guid=fbfd1bb5-a19f-4964-9dc4-6c088262cdb9

(I ran like god HU btw, now I know how you feel!)
  • edited September 2015
    Hi Phil, im 1 of the new players here, about a year now. Mtt player but have recently embarked on a dym marathon in the form of Rlt's dym challange, 1000 games at the £5 level, which is where i have shared a few tables with you. Not enough to get any meaning full notes, so far they more or less read 'seems solid' : ) Although i have not been on the site long i started well and moved up levels fairly quickly, unfortunately about 3 months ago i had to withdraw my entire roll for 'life roll' and therefore am starting from scratch too so understand what you mean about playing the lower levels again. Will be watching this thread with interest and wish you all the best. Congrats on your bink. Regards James
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    Eh?

Phil. Solid? He's a bona fide at-it merchant.

You been on the ale again sunshine?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Starting again............ : Eh? Phil. Solid? He's a bona fide at-it merchant. You been on the ale again sunshine?
    Posted by Tikay10
    What are u trying to say Tikay???? ;)
  • edited September 2015
    Hi again everyone. Will try and post some interesting hands if any crop up but at the moment it's a slog!  I'm also going to keep a track of hopefully the overall profit!

Played Sunday with a mixture of DYMs and tournies. Ended up -£2.00 so a long grind for nowt but poker points!

Overall profit loss = +£422.13
  • edited September 2015
    Hi again everyone. Will try and post some interesting hands if any crop up but at the moment it's a slog!  I'm also going to keep a track of hopefully the overall profit! Played Sunday with a mixture of DYMs and tournies. Ended up -£2.00 so a long grind for nowt but poker points! Overall profit loss = +£422.13
    Posted by phil12uk
    I appear to have found a 'regular' who has been on here less than me.

Good luck with your restart into poker Phil, it's been years!
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Starting again............ : Hi Phil Know the feeling re the limpers although I play plo8 DYM's these days. Still haven't been brave enough to venture into the live scene yet :-(
    Posted by VespaPX
    Vespa we don't bite out in the real world and its fun to watch phil lose live whilst his mrs goes on to cash. Just not so fun when his luckbox abilities extend to the cash tables :)

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Starting again............ : Vespa we don't bite out in the real world and its fun to watch phil lose live whilst his mrs goes on to cash. Just not so fun when his luckbox abilities extend to the cash tables :)
    Posted by aiken2001
    Shouldn't just-over min raise with Kings on a loosey goosey table then should you? ;)
  • edited September 2015
    Bought into open on tues but no good.
    Mini took 3 heads to break even.
    No good again in dyms.

Played a £5bh on the bus on the way home from work today. Managed a 3rd with some heads for a total of £43.

Overall.profit = £441.30
  • edited September 2015
    Happy weekend everyone!

Played the mini last night with no joy.
    Played 12 DYMs and cashed in 10 for a profit of £23.20.

Just played a £5 BH tourney and was able to bink it!  Ran well with the head prizes too!!

phil12uk1400001£50.75 + £60.25 Head Prizes15

Overall profit = £575.50
  • edited September 2015
    Hi again. Weekend became a brutal one poker wise.  

Tottenham won which was a shock as our team looks very naive currently.

Played tonnes of DYMs (including an Omaha which I regged for by mistake) and found varience kicking my behind big time!

DYMs = lost £21.40

Tournies = lost £17.25

Total Sunday loss......£38.65

Overall profit = £536.85
  • edited October 2015
    Wow didn't realise it's been so long. Term time kicking in which means that time playing poker is limited to the odd mtt and the perils of cash!
    Cash has had highs and lows but all in all it's been just about breakeven which makes a change!
    Sports betting been atrocious as per usual.

Just managed 2nd in an £11 BH for £120 inc head prizes which was good but should have been better!

Overall profit = £631

• edited October 2015
    A couple of good days on the cash tables when I had a few minutes to spare. I'm trying to keep this diary on MTT and DYM profits tho to show me how I've faired in those. Obv I'll update if / when I crash and burn on the cash tables!

Played a £5.75 BH when I got in from work and managed to TID.

phil12uk2060001£71.97 + £41.30 Head Prizes8
    Overall profit = £801
  • edited October 2015
    Nice results, well done Phil
  • edited October 2015
    Nice results, well done Phil
    Posted by LARSON7
    Thanks mate.........I'm gonna update Jacques thing after this............PROMISE!!!
  • edited October 2015
    So I think I'm starting to get the hang of these BH's!  Came 6th in The Turbo Mini last night and just came 7th in a £5.75 BH. I also came 15th with 13 paid in an £11 BH last night which was frustrating to say the least!

Overall profit = £856

However, the BH I just FT bubbled; I would like some advice about my exit hand. It's 7 handed and I'm, as Tikay would say, "sitting snugly". However, I'm also looking to hoover up chips in prep for the FT. The following hand played out and I'm unsure about it being too reckless or whether I could have raise / folded once the big stack piped up. 
    My reasoning is that he needs a premium to call me whereas I'm happy to have my hand vs a button min raise of a shorty.  
    Thoughts please? :)

phil12uk Small blind  600.00 600.00 34558.50 _Smoothe_ Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 53529.50   Your hole cards 4 A       RSLICKER Raise  2400.00 4200.00 12704.50 phil12uk All-in  34558.50 38758.50 0.00 _Smoothe_ All-in  53529.50 92288.00 0.00 RSLICKER Fold     _Smoothe_ Unmatched bet  19571.00 72717.00 19571.00 phil12uk Show 4 A    _Smoothe_ Show Q Q    Flop    6 7 8       Turn    7       River    10       _Smoothe_ Win Two Pairs, Queens and 7s 72717.00
  • edited October 2015
    Kinda unlucky that the BB has a strong hand lurking behind, but 3bet shoving so large can sometimes slap you in the face like this.

Woulda thought a 3bet to around 5.5/6k would be fine, obv telling the button we're playing for their stack if they wanna see the flop and beyond, but also means its easy to get away from when the BB cold jams on us. It's a low stake BH on Sky so I wouldn't be worried about being exploited or anything in this spot.

A4o is just such a weak hand, is there an argument for not getting involved? Seems passive to throw away an ace when only 3 handed, but it just doesn't crush any hand. And the button has m/r from a short stack, which I'd be suspicious of. Maybe I'm just paranoid....

Stack sizes at the other table would probably influence my decision.