You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Leak

2»

Comments

• edited September 2015
    I seemed to have a few drop outs. The entire games has recorded into 6 or 7 separate bits, with the longest at around 55 minutes. Think I might need more cpu power or memory. My broadband connection is usually fine. End up on for nearly two hours. Didn't cash. As expected.
  • edited September 2015
    The morning after..

My first twitch broadcast ended up as a bit of a mish-mash. I think the stream was of poor quality and after stretching past my 30 minute target, it almost became a dirge. Will have to rethink my technical and creative strategy here.

As for my poker. It was shamefully embarrassing. I was all over the place. Spending too much time messing about really threw me off my game. I had a couple of lucky breaks, but with not capitalising on early chances, I was left with having to find a spot to shove in the middle of a high card wasteland.

Lots of lessons learned on both parts.

Finished 18/98 or so.
  • edited September 2015
    I watched 15 mins or so just now.

Its a fun stream but your logic is counter-intuitive.

You don't need to be scared of a flush draw when you have AKQJT - you need to draw value from the draw if there is one. More likely you get paid off by 2 pair combos. 

Likewise, when you have KQ suited, don't raise 6x to fold out worse hands. Play it as standard cos it flops well, multi-way too. If you raise 6x - hands like JQ, J10, KJ etc all fold. They are the hands you want to play against cos you dominate them. Small pairs too cos you can c-bet them off most flops.

That being said, i wouldn't have the guts (or hardware) to do it so very well done!
  • edited September 2015
    Thanks for that. The poker feedback is excellent. Cheers.
  • edited September 2015
    I've been tweaking some settings (not a euphemism) and hopefully I can get better broadcast quality (and better poker).

I've saved a quick SnG test game I played yesterday. It's on my Twitch page as a highlight. It shows how to misplay pocket pairs, straights and about every other hand you can have. However, it also shows you how spotting someone with a very loose range may just help you out...

I've also uploaded it to youtube aswell, to test the export function..

https://youtu.be/Uwf_djmIMCg

• edited September 2015
    Been having a quick look back on how that BH on Friday went.

Late in the game, I had KK in the SB. Everyone folded before I even bet, with the BB being away.

After that, I had 63, 53, T2, 53, J6, J2, 63, 73, 76, 97, 68, T2, T6, 52, K6, T7, 75, 76, 85, Q9s, T8, J3, K8s.

As I was short stacked, I shoved the K6o, then the Q9s. Finally losing out on my best hand of a bad run, the K8s.

Not sure I could have done much more there. As you can see, not only were my cards low, but they weren't even suited.
  • edited September 2015

Hi Bench I tried to watch your first stream but it kept lagging (probably issues at my end rather than yours).

The parts I did see I enjoyed and I hope you stick at it.

Looking forward to the next 1! :)
  • edited September 2015
    Yes, I was disappointed with the quality myself. I have been trying to edit them together to make something watchable, but I am struggling.

Have decided to cut down on some of the 'special effects' to increase the quality. I've made some changes to the broadcasting settings and am also trying to upgrade a second desktop to try out.

Been a bit pushed for time this week to collect a lot of information for tonight, but I'll still do one to see what the output is like.

Thanks for your support.

• edited September 2015
    Hopefully a better quality production tonight, even if my poker skills are still dubious.

Finished 24/107. Actually managed to take a head, so not all bad.
  • edited September 2015

I've improved my hardware for another shot.

This Friday @ 6pm

@dognabbit

• edited September 2015
    Friday again already.

Upgraded a second pc, that is running less background software. Looking for a buffer free stream.

£200 B/H finishes so far:

18th /98 (0 heads)

24th /107 (1 head)

Will try to improve tonight. Theoretically, if only 80 enter, I should win....
  • edited September 2015
    Catastrophic connection failure last night. I couldn't play two hands in a row. Shoved with trip kings, to build my stack and hang on for a connection improvement. Lost out to AK.

The first 30 seconds is worth a look though...