You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Most hated professions

2»

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Most hated professions:
    In Response to Re: Most hated professions : They emailed in the New Year saying that their short listing team is still going through the applications. They've had over 6000 so it can take up to 6 months for them to get back to me... not too long to wait then! lol
    Posted by ness4
    WOOP WOOP, Got an email last night and a letter this morning informing me that i've been successful in my application and have been invited to the next stage: written tests.... Gotta go on the 22nd to complete them eek, better get studying! =]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=] Well happy! 
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Most hated professions : WOOP WOOP, Got an email last night and a letter this morning informing me that i've been successful in my application and have been invited to the next stage: written tests.... Gotta go on the 22nd to complete them eek, better get studying! =]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=] Well happy! 
    Posted by ness4
    Hey well done! Get studying by watching some of the repeats of "London's Burning" ;-)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Most hated professions : WOOP WOOP, Got an email last night and a letter this morning informing me that i've been successful in my application and have been invited to the next stage: written tests.... Gotta go on the 22nd to complete them eek, better get studying! =]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=] Well happy! 
    Posted by ness4
    congratulations!!

just curious what these tests are??

does it involve diagrams showing how to remove cats from trees?
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by ness4
    Fantastic, as for the written exam, google firefighter written exam and you will get loads of free examples of previous papers
  • edited February 2010
    professional footballers think they can do or say what they want specially those at the top clubs,parking in disabled bay to go for pizza etc etc winds me up..
  • edited February 2010
    Easy Me :) Insurance Consultant - Nobody Hates anybody like they hate an insurance salesman lol
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Most hated professions : Lol Supermarket check-out workers "would you like a bag? ...er.. "no thanks i think i can fit this up my *&%!"
    Posted by HuFlungPu
       lol
  • edited February 2010
    Telesales cold callers

Any bank job ( especially collections ) right bazzas they are.

Professional celebs eg..  Katie Price, Kerry Katona, Paris Hilton, Peaches Geldof and any other horrid publicity seekers of that ilk.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Most hated professions : Hey well done! Get studying by watching some of the repeats of "London's Burning" ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Thanks for the congrats guys! 

Lol I don't think Londons burning will quite help me in this part of the process..... Corrr wouldn't mind if it was similar though in certain respects hehe

Hmm no, no questions on cats in trees cheeky! 

The written tests are comprised of 

- Understanding information: This is where you have to read a passage then answer a series of questions. Each question makes a statement about the passage then you have to indicate which of the suggested answers are correct. 

e.g. if the passage says 'pigs can fly' 

then the question asks you can pigs fly.... you say correct because thats what the passage says even though you know its not possible... 

- Using numbers and time: Just the basics really.... You only have little time to answer each question though...

One very simple example: Calculate the amount of time the firefighter has left in order to complete the task in the response time:

Time of call: 08:37
    Response time: 54 mins
    Time now: 09:12
    Time left? 

Also need to know basics on percentages, areas/distances/statistics.

- Situational awareness/problem solving: trying to set the right priorities basically.

e.g. Your team is attending an incident at a block of flats and someone is calling for help from the very top storey. You and a colleague are told to take the stairs and investigate. Halfway up your colleague badly twists his ankle. He is in pain and cannot go any further. Would you?

A. Remain with your colleague until assistance arrives.
    B. Return to the ground, helping your colleague.
    C. Leave your colleague and continue alone to investigate.
    D. Leave your colleague and return to get help. 

Think there's another part to the test where you have to watch a series of video clips where there are a number of items scattered around rooms and take notes of it. Then they ask you questions afterwards about what was in the rooms. 

Thats about the gist of it lol 

Sorry if i've bored you =] 

• edited February 2010
    I have Backdraft recorded from sky movies, if you want to come round mine and watch it.

It's been years since I seen it but think it had something to do with firemen.
  • edited February 2010
    Once you're done watching Backdraft at Miyagis you can cruise round to mine and watch Backshaft if you like. Slightly more risque than Backdraft but good all the same. We could reenact some of the scenes to get you into the groove of role play just incase it pops up in the interview process. If you're really lucky i may let you handle my hose, you can have a practice at putting out some fires(well you'd better have a trial at extinguishing some lit matches first, the water supply could be a tad unreliable).
  • edited February 2010
    Once you're done watching Backdraft at Miyagis you can cruise round to mine and watch Backshaft if you like. Slightly more risque than Backdraft but good all the same. We could reenact some of the scenes to get you into the groove of role play just incase it pops up in the interview process. If you're really lucky i may let you handle my hose, you can have a practice at putting out some fires(well you'd better have a trial at extinguishing some lit matches first, the water supply could be a tad unreliable).
    Posted by Quagmire72
    Lol sounds like an interesting night! 

Roleplay sounds fun =] 

If i'm really lucky??!!? I think it would the other way around :P 

• edited February 2010
    POKER MODS ...if thats a proffesion!
  • edited February 2010
    POKER MODS ...if thats a proffesion!