You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Race to Punta Cana

edited October 2015 in Poker Chat
You've walked the long road to Punta Cana (which is still going I might add), now it's time for a final race!

If you have any questions then please let us know.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Hi, few questions Dan:

1) It says every time you play a cash game and involved in a raked hand that you will track the number of poker points that we earn. Is this the same as last years in that it doesn't matter what level you play at; you will just gain a point for every hand you play that rake is taken? Or is it just effectively a points race; where you will obviously gain more points at 50nl then 4nl?

2) For the SNG's, I'm assuming it's just based on the standard points that you earn when you play a SNG? Anyway, for the low/micro one it says it includes games up to £8.50, but games only go up to £5.50 anyway? How about making some £8.50 SNG's? (Both HU of varying format and DYM?) £10.50 is included in medium (and £11 for dym); but I think seeing as there is no £8.50 game it would be better included in the low/micro and make anything above that medium.

3) On the one hand it's good to have sepearte tiers but the fact that there is no difference at all between them seems kind of strange - I mean your rewarding players at the micro's who will generate a lot less rake with the exact same prizes as those at the higher tiers. As a result it's going to convince players like me who usually play higher to play the low/micro tier instead since I'd probably have a better chance in that then in the higher tier.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: The Race to Punta Cana:
    Hi, few questions Dan: 1) It says every time you play a cash game and involved in a raked hand that you will track the number of poker points that we earn. Is this the same as last years in that it doesn't matter what level you play at; you will just gain a point for every hand you play that rake is taken? Or is it just effectively a points race; where you will obviously gain more points at 50nl then 4nl? 2) For the SNG's, I'm assuming it's just based on the standard points that you earn when you play a SNG? Anyway, for the low/micro one it says it includes games up to £8.50, but games only go up to £5.50 anyway? How about making some £8.50 SNG's? (Both HU of varying format and DYM?) £10.50 is included in medium (and £11 for dym); but I think seeing as there is no £8.50 game it would be better included in the low/micro and make anything above that medium. 3) On the one hand it's good to have sepearte tiers but the fact that there is no difference at all between them seems kind of strange - I mean your rewarding players at the micro's who will generate a lot less rake with the exact same prizes as those at the higher tiers. As a result it's going to convince players like me who usually play higher to play the low/micro tier instead since I'd probably have a better chance in that then in the higher tier.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Any info on this, thanks. 
  • edited September 2015

Hi Curt, and Tennis Bloke.

Someone will reply tomorrow, all being well, and certainly well before it starts, on Thursday.
  • edited September 2015
    Any news on this today?

Also one more qn. When are points from SNG's calculated? ie. If I started one at 23.55 on wed and it finished at ten past midnight (start of promotion) would the points count?
  • edited September 2015
    Hi guys,

1) It seems that we need to clarify that this is a points race a bit more clearly on the Promo page. So yes, you will earn more points at higher levels

2) We have recently introduced some £8.50 SnGs, specifically satellites into some of the Main Events. This is why the threshold is set at that amount

3) You make a valid point and the payout structure needs amending for the lower tier, I agree
  • edited September 2015
    Looks pretty amazing all round to be honest, nice sky.

I'll be going for the low stt board, i think were going to be battling ivan reading your posts :) !

Ready for some long days ahead 
  • edited September 2015
    is nl 4 players entered?
    on the info it says they are but on the leaderboard says lowest nl 10?
  • edited September 2015
    it's time to prove your cash game prowess and sit & go skills! 

As this is a skill promo would like to see the russian roulette games excluded from counting as points. 
  • edited September 2015
    Also as the low board is from £.30 to £8.50 on tuesdays and wednesdays the buyin for the main event is £11.  So does that mean that the highest buyin on these days for the low board will be £5.50 as the satelites for the main will be lower on these days.  Or will there be other £8.50 sitngos introduced on tuesdays and wednesdays? Other wise it would mean that the £8.50 sitngos would be missing for 4 days during the promotion

Thanks
  • edited September 2015
    Just a couple of questions.

I realise you get more points playing at higher levels but in the cash race is it number of raked hands played or is it the amout of points gained at certain levels?

In the sit and go race is it amount of sng's played or is it amount of points gained playing sng's?

Thanks guys
  • edited September 2015
    is nl 4 players entered? on the info it says they are but on the leaderboard says lowest nl 10?
    Posted by mondo1985
    Well spotted, yes £0.02/£0.04 is included, I will amend on the leaderboard.
  • edited September 2015
    it's time to prove your cash game prowess and sit & go skills!  As this is a skill promo would like to see the russian roulette games excluded from counting as points. 
    Posted by bearlyther
    Good point - I will confirm this today.
  • edited September 2015
    Hi guys, 1) It seems that we need to clarify that this is a points race a bit more clearly on the Promo page. So yes, you will earn more points at higher levels 2) We have recently introduced some £8.50 SnGs, specifically satellites into some of the Main Events. This is why the threshold is set at that amount 3) You make a valid point and the payout structure needs amending for the lower tier, I agree
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    I'm actually going to retract point 2 here - we are not including satellite SnGs in the promotion so the top tier of the Micro/Low SnG will be £5.50.
  • edited September 2015
    Also as the low board is from £.30 to £8.50 on tuesdays and wednesdays the buyin for the main event is £11.  So does that mean that the highest buyin on these days for the low board will be £5.50 as the satelites for the main will be lower on these days.  Or will there be other £8.50 sitngos introduced on tuesdays and wednesdays? Other wise it would mean that the £8.50 sitngos would be missing for 4 days during the promotion Thanks
    Posted by bearlyther
    See my above post!
  • edited September 2015
    Just a couple of questions. I realise you get more points playing at higher levels but in the cash race is it number of raked hands played or is it the amout of points gained at certain levels? In the sit and go race is it amount of sng's played or is it amount of points gained playing sng's? Thanks guys
    Posted by Donttelmum
    It is number of points earned - I will make this clearer on the promotion page today.
  • edited September 2015
    Also as I mentioned I will be changing the leaderboard pay-outs today, they need looking at.
  • edited September 2015
    Also as I mentioned I will be changing the leaderboard pay-outs today, they need looking at.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    My Dad used to say my head needed looking at. No idea what he meant.
  • edited September 2015
    I have made some changes to the promotion page - I'm still waiting for confirmation around Russian Roulette tournaments.

UPDATE - they will be included.
  • edited September 2015
    Any news on this today? Also one more qn. When are points from SNG's calculated? ie. If I started one at 23.55 on wed and it finished at ten past midnight (start of promotion) would the points count?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Will get clarification on this but I believe the points would count as the points are added to a customer's account when they leave the table/tournament finishes.
  • edited September 2015
    A note for anyone intending to make a flying start to this promotion. The site will be down between 4.30 and 7 tomorrow for some scheduled maintenance. Apologies for this but you can have a couple of hours sleep.
  • edited September 2015
    I have made some changes to the promotion page - I'm still waiting for confirmation around Russian Roulette tournaments. UPDATE - they will be included .
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Well, that's terrible, a lot of regs are going to be a lot less interested in overloading their grind...
  • edited September 2015
    I have made some changes to the promotion page - I'm still waiting for confirmation around Russian Roulette tournaments. UPDATE - they will be included .
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    My interest in this has just ended.
  • edited October 2015
    I'm sorry - I understand why some of you are annoyed but it wasn't my decision to make.
  • edited October 2015
    Hi Dan will there be daily updates ?
  • edited October 2015
    You bet - we'll update the leaderboard daily.
  • edited October 2015
    You bet - we'll update the leaderboard daily.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Nice one.
  • edited October 2015
    Has a leaderboard been issued anywhere on the site yet? 
  • edited October 2015
    I am working on this as we speak
  • edited October 2015
    I am working on this as we speak
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Middlesborough!!!!! Middlesborough!!!

Hi Sam hope things are well ?
  • edited October 2015
    The leaderboards are now up to date as of 3pm this afternoon.