You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana Fury

edited October 2015 in Poker Chat
Really mad about Sky's inflexibility, last night managed my best ever finish in a Rewards FR - in fact could of been even better if it wasn't for the pos software, because I had K5os and thought I was shoving AI, when in fact I was calling a shove, the other guys chips had disappeared from table :( - then got put into a Punta Cana Qtr final sat, and unfortunately won a Semi Final seat.

Spoke with support on phone, and they wont budge, just makes no sense to me, because I know there is guys on here making a living from playing sats to mtt's then unregistering and taking the £'s, yet when I ask to transfer the £190 to cash, sorry nothing can be done.

I know people will say stop moaning other guys have had this problem, but my point is they shouldn't. You should have a choice play the sat or you can take the cash. I would totally understand Sky's position on this if I had won the package, cause they want to get people to play the big live mtt, but this is just a Semi sat its like 2 steps away from potentially winning a package, who does this hurt if I could take the cash?.

One less reg to get in the way of the casual player that would love a holiday in the sun + a nice live mtt to boot. Also I thought you guys said that the amount of packages on offer was limited to like 8, so you would of thought you would wont less people in the Final.

Another point, offering the cash option is a win for everybody, less regs for the casual player to battle through, I get the cash, I can then play higher generate more rake at the tables, so then Sky wins to. Think this is going to be the straw that broke the camels back for me, because my roll could really do with that £190 cash injection.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Some good points there A1day.

Sky want to fill places. Encouraging people to take cash instead might mean empty seats. The promotion is about giving us something amazing. If i won one . Ide be like...thank you sky...your truly amazing...

Try qualifying again....i think you get the cash..
    But dont quote me.

Gl
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Punta Cana Fury:
    Really mad about Sky's inflexibility, last night managed my best ever finish in a Rewards FR - in fact could of been even better if it wasn't for the pos software, because I had K5os and thought I was shoving AI, when in fact I was calling a shove, the other guys chips had disappeared from table :( - then got put into a Punta Cana Qtr final sat, and unfortunately won a Semi Final seat. Spoke with support on phone, and they wont budge, just makes no sense to me, because I know there is guys on here making a living from playing sats to mtt's then unregistering and taking the £'s, yet when I ask to transfer the £190 to cash, sorry nothing can be done. I know people will say stop moaning other guys have had this problem, but my point is they shouldn't. You should have a choice play the sat or you can take the cash. I would totally understand Sky's position on this if I had won the package, cause they want to get people to play the big live mtt, but this is just a Semi sat its like 2 steps away from potentially winning a package, who does this hurt if I could take the cash?. One less reg to get in the way of the casual player that would love a holiday in the sun + a nice live mtt to boot. Also I thought you guys said that the amount of packages on offer was limited to like 8, so you would of thought you would wont less people in the Final. Another point, offering the cash option is a win for everybody, less regs for the casual player to battle through, I get the cash, I can then play higher generate more rake at the tables, so then Sky wins to. Think this is going to be the straw that broke the camels back for me, because my roll could really do with that £190 cash injection.
    Posted by HaveaA1Day
    Please let me know who is making a living from playing sats for cash. Some people get some £ from sats but come on making a living from doing this on sky! Sky have also been limiting the ability to buy into some of the Punta Cana sats so people cant buy in and then take the cash.

For Sky getting someone to Punta Cana from a freeroll is great for the site from an advertising point of view so it makes sense they wouldn't want to give to someone cash for their seat.

I would have thought its more likely players getting through from a freeroll are recreational players not regs.
  • edited September 2015
    We may be increasing the number of packages available in Sunday's Punta Cana Final to 9 - waiting for confirmation.

EDIT - THIS IS NOW CONFIRMED.

Your argument that you should be able to take the cash instead is not a question I can answer I'm afraid. I understand it - it's just not my decision to make. I will mention it in the next product meeting though.

• edited September 2015
    Im sorry but your argument is flawed on so many levels.

1. The rewards FR's are a bonus in themselves, so anything gained from them is extra. 

2. Well done on placing high, you now get extra £££'s. Oh, on top of that you also won a free seat into a £42 MTT! Another FREE bonus.

3. You also did really well to qualify for the semi-final. Again, very well done. You now how FREE oppertunity on winning a seat into the Final. 

4. Most important, the prize in the rewards FR is a SEAT into a MTT and NOT cash. A FREE seat I may add.

I find it ridiculous you can be angry at Sky for giving you something thats free. 
  • edited September 2015
    you are 2 sats away from a trip of a lifetime.. take it in your stride... 

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Fury:
    Some good points there A1day. Sky want to fill places. Encouraging people to take cash instead might mean empty seats. The promotion is about giving us something amazing. If i won one . Ide be like...thank you sky...your truly amazing... Try qualifying again....i think you get the cash.. But dont quote me. Gl
    Posted by mumsie
    TY , When this was announced all I saw on here was how excited people where that it had come back again, so dont think there would be loads of people unregistering.
    In Response to Punta Cana Fury : Please let me know who is making a living from playing sats for cash. Some people get some £ from sats but come on making a living from doing this on sky! Sky have also been limiting the ability to buy into some of the Punta Cana sats so people cant buy in and then take the cash. For Sky getting someone to Punta Cana from a freeroll is great for the site from an advertising point of view so it makes sense they wouldn't want to give to someone cash for their seat. I would have thought its more likely players getting through from a freeroll are recreational players not regs.
    Posted by MattBates
    Yeh sorry mate slight exaggeration, there was a guy on pv though I remember that got staked and he seemed to play a decent amount of them, but just remembered he was playing b/h's and them timed mtt's as well, in the morning.
    Your argument that you should be able to take the cash instead is not a question I can answer I'm afraid. I understand it - it's just not my decision to make. I will mention it in the next product meeting though.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Ok mate ty.
    Im sorry but your argument is flawed on so many levels. 1. The rewards FR's are a bonus in themselves, so anything gained from them is extra.  2. Well done on placing high, you now get extra £££'s. Oh, on top of that you also won a free seat into a £42 MTT! Another FREE bonus. 3. You also did really well to qualify for the semi-final. Again, very well done. You now how FREE oppertunity on winning a seat into the Final.  4. Most important, the prize in the rewards FR is a SEAT into a MTT and NOT cash. A FREE seat I may add. I find it ridiculous you can be angry at Sky for giving you something thats free. 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    1. Your right they are a bonus, but only because Sky decided it wanted to change its rewards program, so now you have to play these things to try and get closer to your old rb % you use to get.

2 and 3. Well I dont think I have done well, because instead of wasting my time playing that Qtr, I could of been doing something else. Great a chance to win a seat in the final of something I dont want to be in the first place.

4. Like I said just mad at not being given the option of cash or even being told before I played the mtt, that there wouldn't be a chance of cash.
    you are 2 sats away from a trip of a lifetime.. take it in your stride... 
    Posted by jordz16
    TY :) . This would of been a trip of a lifetime when I was younger, but not now. Didn't think you could run good badly, but guess there is a first for everything lol. Pretty p*ssed this happens now, and not like the other month when I was playing everything to get to that UKPC main event :( , then this sh**t happens before UKOPS, was praying I could bink then so I would get something that actually would be useful to me, I even asked support could they transfer the seat for seats in the UKOPS....nope.
  • edited September 2015
    I did warn you during the QF
    and you chose to ignore my advice to go for the bubble cash!
    Well if you are lucky there may be bubble cash in the SF
    This time you know what to do. 
  • edited September 2015

i finished 8th in this last nite with top 5 awarded a place and 6th getting 76ish quid (your JJ bust out my A10c)

i got into this via one of the freerolls and i would have loved to have qualified as the prize is once in a lifetime. 
    £190 quid would be nice, but against an all expenses paid trip to Punta Cana is an opportunity not to be missed.

very well done on qualifying and i really hope you and all the peeps who won a seat last nite run well in the semi :)

regards

mac
  • edited September 2015
    I did warn you during the QF and you chose to ignore my advice to go for the bubble cash! Well if you are lucky there may be bubble cash in the SF This time you know what to do. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Hahahah you did. Its just I didn't know exactly when would be best to do this, I mean do you start this when theres like 10 left for 6 spots, because I was worried I would do it to soon then bubble out in 7th. Think I over did it some what being like chip leader/2nd in chips then start folding AA when that guy had less then 1bb left :( . Just a crazy situation that you shouldn't have to be put in in the first place.
    i finished 8th in this last nite with top 5 awarded a place and 6th getting 76ish quid (your JJ bust out my A10c) i got into this via one of the freerolls and i would have loved to have qualified as the prize is once in a lifetime.  £190 quid would be nice, but against an all expenses paid trip to Punta Cana is an opportunity not to be missed. very well done on qualifying and i really hope you and all the peeps who won a seat last nite run well in the semi :) regards mac
    Posted by mac24
    Sorry mate, I nearly folded because was reading about these type of sats with level payouts and there talking about folding AA WOT!!! when for eg 5 left for 4 seats, being therotically correct.

• edited September 2015
    I understand your position as Im in the same boat. However we do know before we play if we can register for the qualifying tournament or not. If we cannot register we must except we will not get the cash. Its that simple in my view. We got to be careful about moaning if we cannot get the cash because sky can simply pull this option for everything if we keep moaning about it.

If we have the option of cash great but dont take it as our right.

Ger
  • edited September 2015
    First of all - congrats on such a great run - it's no mean feat to have got so far from a freeroll.

Unfortunately there ends my good feelings re your post.  I have tried to bite my tongue as I'm not normally someone who voices disagreement with a point of view - but I just can't stop myself regarding this one.  

It was completely clear on this promotion that the freeroll led to satellite games for the Punta Cana qtr final which, if lucky/good enough, would lead to the Punta Cana semi final game.  If it was advertised as a cash prize potental of £42 leading to a cash prize of £190 then I'm sure you would probably have had lots more cash players playing as the odds of 1 in 5 to make that much profit would be pretty appealing.  I am someone who would love to go to Punta Cana - but can't seem to manage to win a semi final sat so I'm relatively sure I'll be staying home for UKOPS instead.  However I'll prob still be trying for satellite seat all week - and to be honest this is what Sky Poker want - people playing the sats as lets be honest - there probably isn't more than 50/60 players who would be able to take time off work, and family commitments to go off on a jolly for 10 days to PC!!   

Most nights you can play a tournament to win £190 cash - or more - but rarely can you win an all inclusive holiday to the sun for such a low entry fee.  I think instead of looking at all the reasons why you feel it's unfair that Sky are sticking to the advertised prize promotion - you could maybe channel your energy into finding ways of actually going to the semi and hopefully the final with the view to winning a trip of a lifetime!

Sorry - Rant over :)   I'm actually very jealous if truth be told - so that might be colouring my view somewhat lol
  • edited September 2015
    I"M not a regular poster on the forum but feel qualified to add to this post with my past experiance of Sky freerolls and sats. Back in May i entered a £1.70 micro sat for the viva Las Vegas promo and spun it up to a
    3.2k package. Probably an over used term but hoilday of a lifetime / experiance of a lifetime is exactly what me and the wife had and i can"t thank Sky Poker enough for that opportunity.I started a similar thred to yours regarding cashing in my final seat which is understandable for low steak/ rec players like myself and posibly you Mr Day also, as the buy in for these finals are probably  2 or 3 times the bankroll of most rec players.
     Sooo glad that choice was not an option as with all these promos you have won a seat, NOT CASH. Like you HaveaA1Day i also won a qrt final seat from a 1k freeroll and have managed to make next Sundays Punta Cana final. Would i take £880 for my seat?? possibly, but i"v won a seat NOT CASH. Anyway best of luck in your semi and just think in 5 weeks time you could be sat round a pool soaking up the sun on a freeroll!!! it does happen.
  • edited September 2015
    Fury. That's funny/ 
  • edited September 2015
    Love spinace and ger's post... well said
  • edited September 2015
    'Fury' goes straight in at #1 on my favourite words list. 'Fiasco' knocked down to #2

• edited September 2015
    Not sure why you wouldn't have just pre-regged the Qtr and taken the £42 if you knew you had no interest in the holiday package / couldn't play the Semi or Final... that seems to be the common choice among the low stakes regulars that play the FR games :/

All the same, WP and gl in winning the package... if you really don't want to go then I can get a fake ID to take your place and will pay you £190 to take it off your hands :)
  • edited September 2015
    'Fury' goes straight in at #1 on my favourite words list. 'Fiasco' knocked down to #2
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Ha.

In Tony Blackburn Radio 1 "Top of the Pots" style......

Unchanged this week at #5, "it's rigged"

Steady this week at # 4, Sort it out Sky"

Slipping down to 3rd this week, it's any thread title which includes 17 exclamation marks.

Down one place at 2, that hardy old chart-topper "fiasco".

And straight in at #1, only released days ago, this week's number one is FREEROLL FURY"

• edited September 2015
    In Response to .:
    Not sure why you wouldn't have just pre-regged the Qtr and taken the £42 if you knew you had no interest in the holiday package / couldn't play the Semi or Final... that seems to be the common choice among the low stakes regulars that play the FR games :/ All the same, WP and gl in winning the package... if you really don't want to go then I can get a fake ID to take your place and will pay you £190 to take it off your hands :)
    Posted by shakinaces
    When I won a QF seat from the rewards freeroll the tournie had already started so you enter during late reg, so this isn't possible in this case.
  • edited September 2015
    If you can't go then don't play it. It's free so why complain.  It states in the terms and conditions that when you play you accept them and understand what it actually means.
  • edited September 2015
    I once won a bottle of bubble bath in a raffle and wished it was the bottle of whisky.

Similar but different.

• edited September 2015
    Sorry what do you mean the holiday might of been ok when you were younger ? What has age got to do with it? I am not young and I am retired, also not quite the 85 TiKay claims I am (I'll get my own back you see if if I don't) > my health is not great I am on oxygen I need special medical insurance when travelling, I have to be carted around airports in a wheelchair. I won a package last year, was I pleased? YES!! did I go ? YES? and did I enjoy it ? Oh YES ! Go out and enjoy yourself you are never too old, just look at Tikay and he's had a telegram from the queen (I told you I would). There winge over, on a more serious note if you do win and can go I recommend you do it, It's a great experience.
  • edited September 2015
    Is #6, ah sure Tikay works for sky of course he won that flip! lol

;)

Ger
  • edited October 2015
    I predict a new entry....

Russian Roulette Rake Race Rage
  • edited October 2015
    I predict a new entry.... Russian Roulette Rake Race Rage
    Posted by Phantom66
    lol, please don't encourage.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Fury : Ha. In Tony Blackburn Radio 1 "Top of the Pots" style...... Unchanged this week at #5, "it's rigged" Steady this week at # 4, Sort it out Sky" Slipping down to 3rd this week, it's any thread title which includes 17 exclamation marks. Down one place at 2, that hardy old chart-topper "fiasco". And straight in at #1, only released days ago, this week's number one is FREEROLL FURY"  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have radio 2 on at work and he still does a show with hits from this year in .....

Whilst reading your post I slipped into that unique drawl which is his style, wp.

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Fury : Ha. In Tony Blackburn Radio 1 "Top of the Pots" style...... Unchanged this week at #5, "it's rigged" Steady this week at # 4, Sort it out Sky" Slipping down to 3rd this week, it's any thread title which includes 17 exclamation marks. Down one place at 2, that hardy old chart-topper "fiasco". And straight in at #1, only released days ago, this week's number one is FREEROLL FURY"  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Really need to read whilst playing this music
  • edited October 2015
    Think Sky is on some mission with me first they stiff me with the Punta Cana. Now they sh*ft me on my bet I had, I did a db and took sp on one of my picks, was happy to come back home to find they both went in, only to find when I log into Sky Bet that they short changed me, so look at settled bets, says a 50% Dead Heat deduction had been imposed, check the distances no dead heats.

Apparently Sky got some rule that am suppose to know about after I have read there T&C's in minute detail, that if you pick a unnamed favourite and it goes off joint fav that entitles them if it comes in to STEAL your money. Why cant they have some pop that when you click on it, it tells you that if it goes off joint, that a 50% deduction will be taken, instead of being snide. I have took sp on loads of other sites when betting, and this has never happened to me before, so wont be using you ever again now.
  • edited October 2015

Hi,

Sky Poker did nothing wrong in the Punta Cana matter, nothing wrong at all. It was all clearly covered in the T & C's. 

"Unnamed joint favourites". If there are 2 - or 3, or even 4 JF's - you can't expect the Bookmaker to pay them all as winners, betting does not - & has never - worked like that.  That rule has been in place with every bookmaker for the last 50 years or more to my certain knowledge.

If you had NAMED the horse, instead of "JF", you would have been paid in full.

Sorry you feel that is unfair, but it's not, it's Industry Standard practice.

• edited October 2015
    Some people's glasses are half empty.

I do not appear to have received the free bets for the 2 wins the Toffees had. If they can be found (and it might be my error), could someone have a bet with them if possible and give any winnings to charity, please
  • edited October 2015
    Some people's glasses are half empty. I do not appear to have received the free bets for the 2 wins the Toffees had. If they can be found (and it might be my error), could someone have a bet with them if possible and give any winnings to charity, please
    Posted by Essexphil
    The free bets in this promo were only valid for one week so I expect you were awarded them but didnt notice. Toffees won wks 5 and 7.