You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Diary Wheals in motion

Comments

• edited October 2015
    luckily I'm not rolled for those at the moment.

GL - sure you will crush.
  • edited October 2015
    Wow that's unreal, I'm going to build my roll right up playing PlO8 then I'm going to give the hypers a right good go. I think I was playing scared worrying what a hit would do to my modest bankroll. Do you play hypers for a living now. I use to remember me you and I think it was Lambert use to discuss strategy on Skype chat back in the day, haha the good old days lol.
  • edited October 2015
    Just started to get my feel for the PLO8 games back now. Played the £100gtd comp tonight, played quite well but ended up the bubble boy so that's a loss of £5.50. No DYMS played yet but I did play 10 heads up games at £5.25 level winning 7 losing 3, for a profit of £17.50. 

Heads up +£17.50
    DYMS.        £0
    Comps.     -£5.50

Bankroll £312
  • edited October 2015
    Yeah i was clueless then, dohhh did start a hu group with a few of us in but it never really got going, that sounds sensible though dont ever want to be playing scared especially in hypers. Yeah i have been playing for a living since feb mainly on 888 put a ton of work into hypers soley and dont play any other format these days even a turbo seems too slow lol will be keeping an eye on this anyway glgl
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 Diary Wheals in motion:
    Yeah i was clueless then, dohhh did start a hu group with a few of us in but it never really got going, that sounds sensible though dont ever want to be playing scared especially in hypers. Yeah i have been playing for a living since feb mainly on 888 put a ton of work into hypers soley and dont play any other format these days even a turbo seems too slow lol will be keeping an eye on this anyway glgl
    Posted by benc
    Hi benc,

Just so you are aware of what's happening, it's very likely that the previous post where you had a tete a tete with that chap is likely to disappear shortly.
  • edited October 2015
    Posted by benc
    Yes once I get my bankroll up I really want to give them a proper go. What is the attraction for you with hypers. Is it because there more fast paced or is it the fact you can get so much volume in you can get great rakeback ?
  • edited October 2015
    Volume and edge and being able to play constantly and pretty much every hand, i couldn't sit and fold for a living or just sit in lobbys all day waiting for a nice spot is why i play across a couple of sites, if you put the work in you can easily have a pretty large edge over a large majority of the field, mindset was the hardest obstacle but once you play thousands of games a month you get to grips with the variance. That was an interesting exchange lol he had every right for demanding i apologize for having a better hand than him haha
  • edited October 2015
    Volume and edge and being able to play constantly and pretty much every hand, i couldn't sit and fold for a living or just sit in lobbys all day waiting for a nice spot is why i play across a couple of sites, if you put the work in you can easily have a pretty large edge over a large majority of the field, mindset was the hardest obstacle but once you play thousands of games a month you get to grips with the variance. That was an interesting exchange lol he had every right for demanding i apologize for having a better hand than him haha
    Posted by benc

Say sorry or were done!! Where did he come up with that from haha, it sounded like he was breaking up with someone lol. As for the hypers I am working hard on my mindset at the moment reading books etc, I just feel once I have a big enough bankroll I will get the scared money tag out of my mind and then I will be able to play my real game.
  • edited October 2015
    Good little session done today, little acorns as they say! Played one DYM at £5.50 level winning it. It was an interesting game before I was getting a little short so I had to shove, got that through and never looked back really. Played 8 heads up games at £5.25 winning 6 losing 2, for a profit of £18.00. So all in all not a bad day, slow progress yes but its a start :)

Heads up +£35.50
    DYMS.      +£4.50
    Comps.     -£5.50

Bankroll £334.50
  • edited October 2015
    Really intersting thread.

Will watch this one & look out for you on the tables.
  • edited October 2015
    Really intersting thread. Will watch this one & look out for you on the tables.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Cheers mate :)
  • edited October 2015
    Well what a session that was ! I will start by reviewing the comps I played, the comps I played were free rolls to try and just give the bankroll a little boost. I played the social freeroll and the duel freeroll with no success. I then played the UKOPS freeroll and out of 300 players got down to the final 15 to win a £24 semi ticket for later in the evening, unfortunately the semi didn't go great but still a good little run :)

I played 3 DYMS winning a £3.30 and £11 game and losing a £5.50 game for a total profit of £6.20. I must say though the £11 game was absolutely crazy. So many limps followed by 3 bets it was absolute carnage. A real eye opener.

The heads up games went amazing today played 9 games at £5.25 and won all of them for a profit of £42.75. Had the privilege of playing Ice tiger in two of the games and he has a great game and was by far my toughest heads up player of the day.

Heads up +£78.25
    DYMS.      +£10.70
    Comps.     -£5.50

Bankroll £383.45
  • edited October 2015
    Just finished today's session and to be honest it was not great. I did not play well at all, I made to many poor calls and I need to play better than that in order to make profit from this game. I started off with the freerolls and I didn't last long in any of them but with such quick blinds this can happen.

As for the DYMS I played two one at £5.50 and one at £11 and I managed to lose both of them. The 5 one was pritty standard but at the moment on the £11s there is a player who seems to be limping into any pot and on this occasion he managed to beat my A,K,4,3 with the massive hand j,j,8,7 hitting quad jacks with no low !

As for the heads ups I played 8 at £5.25 winning 4 and losing 4 and 3 at £10.50 winning 2 and losing 1. So all in all a £10.00 loss on the day but not too bad considering how bad I played !

Heads up +£84.75
    DYMS.      -£5.80
    Comps.     -£5.50

Bankroll £373.45
  • edited October 2015
    Really enjoyed playing you last night and was grateful to come out on top.

Think perhaps I should play more HU SnG in the future.
  • edited October 2015
    You should mate you played really well :)
  • edited October 2015
    You should mate you played really well :)
    Posted by Hotwheals
    ......but will you play me?
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 Diary Wheals in motion : ......but will you play me?
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Why ?? Haha
  • edited October 2015
    A steady session today with a nice little profit. Played a few freerolls and cashed for £1 in the rewards freerolls, hey it all adds up haha.
    Did not play any DYMS but played 10 heads up games at £5.25 level winning 7 losing 3 for a profit of £17.50.

Heads up +£102.25
    DYMS.      -£5.80
    Comps.    -£5.50
    Rewards. +£1.00

Bankroll £391.95
  • edited October 2015
    Real tough session today, played a lot of games and made a small loss on the day but this will happen as there will be plenty of ups and downs.
    Played a couple of freerolls and cashed again for £1.00 in the rewards freeroll, was a bit unlucky as I lost a flip with kings against AQ for 30k in chips with them spiking an ace on the river.
    As for the Hi lo heads up played 23 games at £5.25 level winning 11 and losing 12 and 1 game at £2.10 which I won. Played one player I have never seen before 20 times! Rematch after rematch, drawing 10-10! He was very decent .
    So all in all a £7.85 loss for the day, as I said these days will happen that's just part and parcel of poker, onwards and up :)

Heads up +£93.40
    DYMS.      -£5.80
    Comps.     -£5.50
    Rewards.  +£2.00

Bankroll £384.10
  • edited October 2015
    Well yesterday's session was nothing special. Didn't manage to play the freerolls because of other things but managed 2 £11 DYMS winning 1 and losing 1, and 10 heads up games, 6 at £5.25 won 3 lost 3, two at £10.50 won 1 lost 1 and two at £2.10 won both. So all in all a £0.70 loss on the day , hopefully better things to come.

Heads up +£94.70
    DYMS.      -£7.80
    Comps.     -£5.50
    Rewards.  +£2.00

Bankroll £383.40
  • edited October 2015

oioi, what's going off here?

UKOPS HIGH ROLLER

Barrie2610000
    BrayCorp8310000
    ESTEROIDE10000
    FeelGroggy10000
    gadgerno110000
    Hotwheals10000
    jumijumi10000
    MilitantG10000
    pawel198110000
    pete110000
    SR2310000
    the-sock10000
    TheDart10000
  • edited October 2015
    oioi, what's going off here? UKOPS HIGH ROLLER Barrie26 10000 BrayCorp83 10000 ESTEROIDE 10000 FeelGroggy 10000 gadgerno1 10000 Hotwheals 10000 jumijumi 10000 MilitantG 10000 pawel1981 10000 pete1 10000 SR23 10000 the-sock 10000 TheDart 10000
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yep managed to freeroll my way into the hgh roller last night by taking down the 7pm freeroll which gave me a semi final ticket, then played out of my skin to win the semi final too :)
  • edited October 2015
    Hi all sorry for not updating for a bit been quite busy. I don't think from now on I am going to post game totals and my balance as its getting complex with the amount of games I play, I am going to use this diary as a general one about my games and experiences . 

Comps this last week have been quite good, I have added a decent amount to my bankroll to play comps and some other events. So at the moment I have bought in for tonight's roller and the UKOPS main event. I also managed to freeroll into the UKOPS High Roller which is a massive achievement for me. I also won a couple of smaller comps on sky over the last week one being the 2:20 deepstack last Thursday.

The hi lo DYMS have been going well, been running quiet well at them but I do rate my game at them so I expect myself to do well at them.

Heads up not so great this week running about evens so I need to knuckle down a bit more at them next week.

Good luck at the tables all :)
  • edited April 2016
    Hi all time to bring the diary back i think, will be a nice way to take my mind off things as life off the table has been pretty rough over the last few months but on the tables i have been doing quite well. At the moment im enjoying playing quite a few comps. I do prefer the ones that have a bit of structure too them as they give me more time to find my way into a comp. Im playing small comps and when i do well in them ive been taking shots and pretty successfully at the higher comps, only recently i cashed for £1340 in the UKOPS Main event and i also won the £55 Bh the other week for £878. Also had results in smaller comps as well winning DTD 1 last week and finishing 4th in DTD 2 last night as part of team Hitsquad. I also had a top 20 cash in the Turbo open last week. So hopefully this time i will keep the diary rolling and i will see you all around on the tables :)
  • edited April 2016

Nice cashes in the old 2 card luckbox tournaments Hottie, long may it continue.

The PLO8 DYM tables seem to be increasing in popularity, with quite a few new names appearing at the tables.  Some of them seem a bit handy at the game, but the more the merrier in my opinion.

Best of luck on the tables.
  • edited April 2016
    Well done you, know it's not been an easy few weeks for you. Keep it up xx
  • edited April 2016
    Hi all, well played the turbo open last night and it went well..... Not, haha. I was out at 8:04pm, got J,10 in the big blind all fold except small blind who makes it up, flop q,8,9, fantastic! I bet he reraises and im all in he calls. He shows 88, turn 8, end of that one lol. Been playing some heads up speed games as well and been doing reasonably well at them so thats a plus point. Going to try and get some games in this afternoon after having my wheelchair fixed this morning, i really wish people would stop leaving glass around, not good for air tyres lol.
  • edited April 2016
    Congrats on the mtt binks mate, keep the diary going sure it'll be a decent read, hows the speeds been going? bumping into any regs? 
  • edited April 2016
    Congrats on the mtt binks mate, keep the diary going sure it'll be a decent read, hows the speeds been going? bumping into any regs? 
    Posted by benc
    Hi Benc

Thanks mate been doing really well in the comps recently :) The speeds are going good, 1 or 2 regs at the £5.25 level but not many, so here is hoping i can make a tidy amount at them before moving to the £10.50s :)
  • edited April 2016
    Not much luck today infact took a right hammering on the omaha cash tables but thats the way they can be very up and down. Played the megastack tonight but with no joy, on a positive note the speed heads up games are going well, making a steady profit at them :)