You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Petulant me

2»

Comments

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Petulant me:
    Seems a bit of a cheap cop out that people can start threads like this, then the next day just claim they were 'stressed' or whatever and use that as an excuse. I'm sure every player on here has cursed Sky at one point or another, I probably do it on a nightly basis, but to start a ridiculous thread like this is beyond me. We all have bad days, part and parcel of online poker, just have to take it on the chin/s.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    It's a bit of a one way street, that. Can you imagine the hoohah if Sky Poker addressed players in the same manner? There'd be murders, Twitter would implode. Players expect to be addressed courteously, & quite right too, but it ought to cut both ways.

Not talking about Mr Jungle here, he's been good enough to apologise & change the thread title. That's a first, though.

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Petulant me : It's a bit of a one way street, that. Can you imagine the hoohah if Sky Poker addressed players in the same manner? There'd be murders, Twitter would implode. Players expect to be addressed courteously, & quite right too, but it ought to cut both ways. Not talking about Mr Jungle here, he's been good enough to apologise & change the thread title. That's a first, though.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah used Jungle as an example as this is the most recent one, but my point was just in general. As you know, we see these types of threads frequently, and then the OP realises how stupid they look, say it was a bad day and think that's fine.

If a bad day at the felt means you feel the need to start a thread of this nature, then you have big problems with your game.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky poker pure rat stunt:
    Shurrup moaning Jungle....lol You play well, been on your tables a few times. Variance happens, suck it up butter cup ;) see you on the tables later. :)
    Posted by Darkangel7

Don't anyone dare stop these threads from happening. When else would we get the Teddybloat response to admire, or even better the Angel retort. Suck it up buttercup! Comedy gold. 

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky poker pure rat stunt : Don't anyone dare stop these threads from happening. When else would we get the Teddybloat response to admire, or even better the Angel retort. Suck it up buttercup! Comedy gold. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Geldy i've spent time on the tables with Jungle and he is a good player. I know that he wouldn't have taken it the wrong way. When Jungle went out when they were on same table as me he went out with grace and not a bad word was said. Also stayed around on the rail for a bit of a laugh and banter. It was fun and i'm sure he enjoyed it too.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky poker pure rat stunt : Geldy i've spent time on the tables with Jungle and he is a good player. I know that he wouldn't have taken it the wrong way. When Jungle went out when they were on same table as me he went out with grace and not a bad word was said. Also stayed around on the rail for a bit of a laugh and banter. It was fun and i'm sure he enjoyed it too.
    Posted by Darkangel7

Nice to hear
    All the more reason to cut someone a bit of slack for a first offence. Surely being ridiculed by the forum regs is sufficient penalty. I mean even carrying knives is only a two strike offence. 
    PS I still think that is the best put down I have ever heard. 

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky poker pure rat stunt : Nice to hear All the more reason to cut someone a bit of slack for a first offence. Surely being ridiculed by the forum regs is sufficient penalty. I mean even carrying knives is only a two strike offence.  PS I still think that is the best put down I have ever heard. 
    Posted by GELDY
    The post was meant very tongue in cheek as I already knew he had run well in some other games and had cashed.  oh well written word harder to understand than written and easily misconstrued as I know myself.
  • edited October 2015
    You actuallly come out with good stuff
  • edited October 2015
    You actuallly come out with good stuff
  • edited October 2015
    Have spoken with Jungle tonight, he came to find me to thank me for sticking up for him. I didn't do anything, he's a good player and he's doing really well. I've been running bad lately, even i said i've got to suck it up and it's a good job i love buttercup syrup...lol
  • edited October 2015
    Angel
    It was a compliment
    That's how we should treat threads like this
    wp

• edited October 2015
    Angel It was a compliment That's how we should treat threads like this wp
    Posted by GELDY
    Ty :) x
  • edited October 2015
    Exactly geldy. No more hate mail. One step closer to redemption and inner peace. Forgive my impulsiveness and disrespect. I mean your community no harm. If ever your in the jungle please don't hesitate to contact me for hospitality.
  • edited October 2015
    I mean your community no harm.
    Posted by junglevip7

away put your weapon , I mean you no harm.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky poker pure rat stunt : I was not trying to be Mr SmartyPants, just making the point that Tournament Poker IS very swingy. Not everyone gets that, including some who have played the game a very long time. If we can't come to terms with that, we really should not be playing the game - it can seem a brutally unfair game at times, no doubt about it. Can't accept the injustice of it? Best pack up then, imo, because it ain't ever gonna change. It requires heart & backbone to cope comfortably with the swings, & we need to be able to enjoy it when we lose, as much as when we win. If we play well & lose, so be it - that's all we can do. Having a chunter every time we suffer a bad beat is a leak, a big leak. I always recommend "The Mental Game of Poker", it has cured the problem for tens of thousands of players.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I wish it would be a little more swingy for me.  I am too tight so I cash fairly often but not so many big wins.  I make about £100 a month and have been happy with that, but gotta pay for a wedding now!

Need to loosen up a bit methinks.  I have some strat videos to watch, think I need to find a time to sit and watch them and do some reading.  It is my birthday end of week, think I might also use some of that money for some books on strategy.

Maybe I need to get back into sngs in a big way, for a more steady profit
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky poker pure rat stunt : I wish it would be a little more swingy for me.  I am too tight so I cash fairly often but not so many big wins.  I make about £100 a month and have been happy with that, but gotta pay for a wedding now! Need to loosen up a bit methinks.  I have some strat videos to watch, think I need to find a time to sit and watch them and do some reading.  It is my birthday end of week, think I might also use some of that money for some books on strategy. Maybe I need to get back into sngs in a big way, for a more steady profit
    Posted by MrWh1te
    I'd say that is pretty good, all things considered.

If you can read up & try to improve, that's great, but be careful, tinkering with what already works well is like tinkering with a golf swing - you solve one problem, but end up creating 3 others. So your £100 a month profit might suddenly become a £200 per month loss.

I saw this earlier, by the articulate "TeddyBloat", & I think they are very wise words.....

"If you can enjoy the thrill of improbable run-outs and the ups and downs of each street then you already know more than most regs.

Enjoying the game is the biggest victory imo.

When you enjoy playing, learning and improving you'll find poker an incredibly rewarding and deep hobby".