You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Countdown to UKOPS

edited October 2015 in Poker Chat

How long before it starts?

Comments

• edited October 2015

Tons of satellites in the lobby every day - any satellite related questions, fire away.

Conventional poker wisdom has it that the earlier you qualify, the easier it is.
  • edited October 2015

What UKOPS XIV event are you most looking forward to, & why?
  • edited October 2015

To give some feedback (with a thin brag)...

The sats so far have been very good and it was a bonus that they were introduced early into the schedule. 

So far I have qualified for #UKOPS 2 (£110) from a £5.30 sat, £UKOPS 4 (Omaha £55) from a £2.20 sat and narrowly missed out on qualifying for the HR from an all in sat for only £1.40 into a QF...into a SF.

I know closer to each event/day there will be more sats, but trying to qualify early is such a bonus. One reason for this is that there will be players later on just playing the 'sats for cash' and not the seats. 

The rewards freeroll giving seats away is also a plus too. 

Should be a good festival this one and hopefully I will qualify for a few more events before it starts.

• edited October 2015

Well done Alan, £165 worth of UKOPS entries for just over £7,  which barely enough to buy a couple of rounds of drinks.

Can anyone beat that?
  • edited October 2015
    How many are you expecting to play #1 with little buy in and big gaurenteed.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS:
    How many are you expecting to play #1 with little buy in and big gaurenteed.
    Posted by ALTiltYou
    This Sunday's £25,000 Guaranteed, with an £11 buy-in?

Hard to say. 520 have qualified already, so there's a clue.

The official answer, of course, is at least 2,500. 

Your guess is as good as mine. The idea, of course, is to, fingers crossed, attract a bunch of new players to Sky Poker. If it does that, job's a good 'un.  

Tell you what, how many runners do you guys think it will get?
  • edited October 2015
    With the new deposits free entry probably a fair few over 1k, can't see it hitting 2.5k. If it does fair play to the winner 
  • edited October 2015
    When will the low cost UKOPS be getting added into the lobby?
  • edited October 2015
    When will the low cost UKOPS be getting added into the lobby?
    Posted by craigcu12
    Not sure Craig, probably on the day, but I'll ask, & get back to you.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS : This Sunday's £25,000 Guaranteed, with an £11 buy-in? Hard to say. 520 have qualified already, so there's a clue.   The official answer, of course, is at least 2,500.  Your guess is as good as mine. The idea, of course, is to, fingers crossed, attract a bunch of new players to Sky Poker. If it does that, job's a good 'un.   Tell you what, how many runners do you guys think it will get?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think it could get a decent number of runners, when people see the money for the win it will attract a lot of players and with the promotion I am sure it will attract a lot of new accounts. 
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS : I think it could get a decent number of runners, when people see the money for the win it will attract a lot of players and with the promotion I am sure it will attract a lot of new accounts. 
    Posted by MattBates

A lot of new accounts yeah, but how new will the players be on sky poker? Hope sky has set up barriers to stop people making new accounts and multiple entries that are taking advantage of the promotion.

• edited October 2015
    What UKOPS XIV event are you most looking forward to, & why?
    Posted by Tikay10

I am going to be playing between 15-20 events including the main event, and the main Omaha event. I will also be playing the high roller as I got in for free via the freerolls :)
  • edited October 2015
    I'm looking forward to the series and am looking forward to playing as many of the lower BI events as I can. I hope the software copes sith the expected 2,000+ fields in some events because when it's been tested before, I seem to remember there were some problems.
  • edited October 2015
    Er... where are the satellites? I can't find any at all in the lobby.

I only ever play on Monday-Thursday so will be looking to satellite into the main events on each day (the cheapest buy-in on weekdays is £55!) No satellites at all are listed right now. 

Also, will there by any 6-max SnG sats?

BB.

• edited October 2015
    Er... where are the satellites? I can't find any at all in the lobby. I only ever play on Monday-Thursday so will be looking to satellite into the main events on each day (the cheapest buy-in on weekdays is £55!) No satellites at all are listed right now.  Also, will there by any 6-max SnG sats? BB.
    Posted by BigBluster
    Hi BB,

The Satellites replenish each & every morning, so no, there are none in the lobby right now, but they will all be there in the morning. Rinse repeat daily.  

There will be satellites every day during UKOPS for that days Main Events, yes.

I don't know about the SNG sats, I'll have to ask. They get asked to do them a lot, but when they do, they are not terribly successful, partly, I suppose, as to where they sit in the Lobby.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS : Hi BB, The Satellites replenish each & every morning, so no, there are none in the lobby right now, but they will all be there in the morning. Rinse repeat daily.   There will be satellites every day during UKOPS for that days Main Events, yes.   I don't know about the SNG sats, I'll have to ask. They get asked to do them a lot, but when they do, they are not terribly successful, partly, I suppose, as to where they sit in the Lobby.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers TK. And one final question: do you ever stop working? I wasn't expecting a response till tomorrow afternoon!

• edited October 2015
    I am given to understand that if you win a main event you get a Ukops bracelet, will there be any bracelets/rewards for the overall series such as a bracelet for the best player or most side event wins or most profitable player?
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS : Cheers TK. And one final question: do you ever stop working? I wasn't expecting a response till tomorrow afternoon!
    Posted by BigBluster
    Yes he does, quite often
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS : Yes he does, quite often
    Posted by Sky_SamT

People in glass houses!...

Still yet to see any evidence of you working in Vegas.

• edited October 2015
    To give some feedback (with a thin brag)... The sats so far have been very good and it was a bonus that they were introduced early into the schedule.  So far I have qualified for #UKOPS 2 (£110) from a £5.30 sat, £UKOPS 4 (Omaha £55) from a £2.20 sat and narrowly missed out on qualifying for the HR from an all in sat for only £1.40 into a QF...into a SF. I know closer to each event/day there will be more sats, but trying to qualify early is such a bonus. One reason for this is that there will be players later on just playing the 'sats for cash' and not the seats.  The rewards freeroll giving seats away is also a plus too.  Should be a good festival this one and hopefully I will qualify for a few more events before it starts.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Another slight brag.
    Qualified for £20k UKOPs 1 (£110) from £5.30 sat, for £10k UKOPS 3 (£55) from £2.20 sat and £40k ME (£110).  Like Alan I will be trying for more, although have failed at 4 or 5 other attempts so far.  The 4 x Supper UKOPS at £11 are bound to prove popular as they are good value.
    It looks already as if it is going to be the best UKOPs to date.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS : Another slight brag. Qualified for £20k UKOPs 1 (£110) from £5.30 sat, for £10k UKOPS 3 (£55) from £2.20 sat and £40k ME (£110).  Like Alan I will be trying for more, although have failed at 4 or 5 other attempts so far.  The 4 x Supper UKOPS at £11 are bound to prove popular as they are good value. It looks already as if it is going to be the best UKOPs to date.
    Posted by Dollie

Nice one Gordon. I will be seeing you on a few FT's in November then Sir ;)
    Good luck mate.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS : Cheers TK. And one final question: do you ever stop working? I wasn't expecting a response till tomorrow afternoon!
    Posted by BigBluster
    Hi Fletch,

Ha, looks like the Suits got in before me........

I knew I had to be offline this morning, so I thought it best to reply last night. Generally, my routine is to scan the Forum at 6am every morning & puck up all the questions & reply to PM's then.  UKOPS, of course, is very important - & exciting - so any UKOPs question gets priority. The Punta Cana adventure takes place next week, too, & as soon as UKOPS ends, fingers crossed, something else very special may well be announced. ;)

I certainly don't do 9-5, & it's a lovely job, but I can't honestly say I work hard, but when something falls into my In Basket, I try to deal with it quickly & well. I'm a sort of odd-job bloke these days.  

Obviously, I'm rarely around mid-afternoon, as that is the time I set aside to have a session in the Gym.

Good luck in UKOPS, mate.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS : Another slight brag. Qualified for £20k UKOPs 1 (£110) from £5.30 sat, for £10k UKOPS 3 (£55) from £2.20 sat and £40k ME (£110).  Like Alan I will be trying for more, although have failed at 4 or 5 other attempts so far.  The 4 x Supper UKOPS at £11 are bound to prove popular as they are good value. It looks already as if it is going to be the best UKOPs to date.
    Posted by Dollie
    You might just be the greatest, Gordon, that's amazing, well done.

We don't do bad here for blokes born in 1947, do we? Andrew still keeps getting the lot, you do OK, &, err....well 2 out of 3 is not bad, is it?
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS : A lot of new accounts yeah, but how new will the players be on sky poker? Hope sky has set up barriers to stop people making new accounts and multiple entries that are taking advantage of the promotion.
    Posted by ALTiltYou
    It's a never ending battle, defeating "bonus abusers", & it's possible some might try & slip through the net, but I'm assured Sky Poker will be checking everything very carefully. Anyone who tries it, of course, risks losing any prize money they may win. 
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS : I am going to be playing between 15-20 events including the main event, and the main Omaha event. I will also be playing the high roller as I got in for free via the freerolls :)
    Posted by Hotwheals
    Eh?

You can't play NLH.

You seem to struggle with PLO8, come to think of it. Been some fun £11 DYM's this week, as you know. ;)

• edited October 2015
    I'm looking forward to the series and am looking forward to playing as many of the lower BI events as I can. I hope the software copes sith the expected 2,000+ fields in some events because when it's been tested before, I seem to remember there were some problems.
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Won't be a problem, they got some VW software engineers to check it.
  • edited October 2015
    I am given to understand that if you win a main event you get a Ukops bracelet, will there be any bracelets/rewards for the overall series such as a bracelet for the best player or most side event wins or most profitable player?
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Not that I am aware of Groggy, no. I did ask the question, & I think the reply was of a non-positive type.

Main Event winners all get a bangle though, the rest get nothing - except the yenom.

Incidentally, I see you moved across to the dark side on Monday, & joined us in some PLO8 fun, was good to share a table with you at last. And you won. Don't be in any hurry to come back, right?
  • edited October 2015
    Hey Tikay,

one for the suits upstairs and it's probably a bit too late now but could be considered for future UKOPS - I was trying to think of a way that you could win the ultimate UKOPS package that gave entry to all tournaments.

I was think along the lines of a normal satelite but obviously the buy in would need to be positioned right to suit both players and Sky. I'm not sure what the buy ins for all the UKOPS tournaments amount to and what the field would need to be for say a 11 pound buy in but it would be a super prize.

Just a thought, may be a bad idea but just a suggestion
  • edited October 2015
    Hey Tikay, one for the suits upstairs and it's probably a bit too late now but could be considered for future UKOPS - I was trying to think of a way that you could win the ultimate UKOPS package that gave entry to all tournaments. I was think along the lines of a normal satelite but obviously the buy in would need to be positioned right to suit both players and Sky. I'm not sure what the buy ins for all the UKOPS tournaments amount to and what the field would need to be for say a 11 pound buy in but it would be a super prize. Just a thought, may be a bad idea but just a suggestion
    Posted by Lightwood
    Thanks Light, any or all suggestions for future UKOPS are always welcome, the thread will get sent upstairs for their perusal.

I've heard no word on the next UKOPS - UKOPS XV I guess - but it's usually at Crimble. Anything which diverts us from the dreaded Crimble is fine by me.