You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Countdown to UKOPS

2»

Comments

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS:
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS : Not that I am aware of Groggy, no. I did ask the question, & I think the reply was of a non-positive type. Main Event winners all get a bangle though, the rest get nothing - except the yenom. Incidentally, I see you moved across to the dark side on Monday, & joined us in some PLO8 fun, was good to share a table with you at last. And you won. Don't be in any hurry to come back, right?
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's a shame, I plan on playing quite a lot of events and thought I might have a reasonable shot at doing well in the side events. 
    Yeah thought I'd have a little bit of a practice in it for UKOPS, its a really fun game type I imagine I'll have another crack at it sometime, although I very much doubt I'll hold on to my winning start! You won as well Tikay, I like to think your presence inspired me.
  • edited October 2015
    Question: I can not play in any UKOPS event on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays (but hope to play all the others if I can satellite in). If I satellite into a weekend event, can I convert the entry to cash or even tournament tokens?
    {This may seem like a silly queston, but I've found that there's plenty of value in satellites and they're worth playing for the cash value alone}.

Thank you,

Fletch.

• edited October 2015
    Question: I can not play in any UKOPS event on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays (but hope to play all the others if I can satellite in). If I satellite into a weekend event, can I convert the entry to cash or even tournament tokens? {This may seem like a silly queston, but I've found that there's plenty of value in satellites and they're worth playing for the cash value alone}. Thank you, Fletch.
    Posted by BigBluster

I'll reply to that, such as I can, in the morning, after I have had my porridge.
  • edited October 2015
    Question: I can not play in any UKOPS event on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays (but hope to play all the others if I can satellite in). If I satellite into a weekend event, can I convert the entry to cash or even tournament tokens? {This may seem like a silly queston, but I've found that there's plenty of value in satellites and they're worth playing for the cash value alone}. Thank you, Fletch.
    Posted by BigBluster
    Just buy into the target event before/during the sat?
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS : That's a shame, I plan on playing quite a lot of events and thought I might have a reasonable shot at doing well in the side events.  Yeah thought I'd have a little bit of a practice in it for UKOPS, its a really fun game type I imagine I'll have another crack at it sometime, although I very much doubt I'll hold on to my winning start! You won as well Tikay, I like to think your presence inspired me.
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    lol, behave yourself.

It was interesting that you adapted to PLO8 so quickly. Truth is, it's less to do with knowing the game type (NLH, PLO, PLO8 or whatever) than understanding the formulaic logic of SNG's & DYM's. I have a sneaking suspicion, even though I don't play NLH, as I don't play it too good, that I could probably get away with it in regular speed NLH DYM's.

There are some logics in DYM's that are irrefutable, & yet so many ignore them. I "won" a DYM with half a big blind last night (I was on the BB next hand) when the two big stacks went to war. How do these things happen? As a big stack, 4 handed, only two things matter - preserving my big stack, & busting Mr Shortie. Go to war with the other big stack? You are having a laugh.....

• edited October 2015
    Posted by BigBluster
    Hi fletch,

As far as I know, no, you most certainly cannot convert it into a Tournament Token.

As to converting it into cash, "officially", no, not as far as I am aware, but see the reply by hhy, who seems to know how these things work. Clearly, I'm not going to suggest you do that. People do though, all the time.
  • edited October 2015
    could anybody give me a rough estimate to the length of time a 2500 runner tournie would take to play/win? played a razz tournie on another site and it took 7 hours to win it with just 81 runners so an educated guess will suffice.
  • edited October 2015
    could anybody give me a rough estimate to the length of time a 2500 runner tournie would take to play/win? played a razz tournie on another site and it took 7 hours to win it with just 81 runners so an educated guess will suffice.
    Posted by robertod

i reckon that a 2,500 runner event will take less than 30 minutes longer to complete than a 500 runner event with the same blinds structure.

• edited October 2015
    Not a skinny brag then
  • edited October 2015
    yeah I brag about 1 buck tournies. I don't know about 2500 runner tournies, that's all. if you've got nothing good to say mumsue then I suggest you shut up.
  • edited October 2015
    yeah I brag about 1 buck tournies. I don't know about 2500 runner tournies, that's all. if you've got nothing good to say mumsue then I suggest you shut up.
    Posted by robertod
    Mumsie isnt to know the buy in, it seemed like you just wanted to make a brag as there isnt much relevance of mentioning this other tournament. The structure is the key thing, starting stacks, blind levels, length of blinds etc etc.
  • edited October 2015
    I will hazard a guess at 5 hours
  • edited October 2015
    It depends on the blind structure rate of increase and time between increases in the blinds. As a rough guide it tends to end within a level or two at the level before the total chips in play is about 50BB. So in your example if the starting stacks were 2,000 and there were 2,500 runners it means there are 5,000,000 chips in play so divide by 50 and you have 100,000 so expect it to end about 1 level before the level of BB= 100,000. This is just a rough guide.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Countdown to UKOPS : lol, behave yourself. It was interesting that you adapted to PLO8 so quickly. Truth is, it's less to do with knowing the game type (NLH, PLO, PLO8 or whatever) than understanding the formulaic logic of SNG's & DYM's. I have a sneaking suspicion, even though I don't play NLH, as I don't play it too good, that I could probably get away with it in regular speed NLH DYM's.   There are some logics in DYM's that are irrefutable, & yet so many ignore them. I "won" a DYM with half a big blind last night (I was on the BB next hand) when the two big stacks went to war. How do these things happen? As a big stack, 4 handed, only two things matter - preserving my big stack, & busting Mr Shortie. Go to war with the other big stack? You are having a laugh.....  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have played it before but never researched strategy but I always find it good fun.  Always amazing when the big stacks go at each other when your sitting short, as a big stack its crazy to go against the other big stack when you only get paid for a top half finish. I hope to see you playing some UKOPS events, preferably at the final table against me!