You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

severe lag

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
It was unplayable for me, I changed to the browser and it improved but there was still lag. Others on tables have mentioned it too. It cost me a fair chunk of my stack and ruins the game.

Hate to say it, but I knew it would happen, the software is shockingly bad.

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Having severe lag on all of my tables and had to deregister the rest of my tournaments.
  • edited November 2015
    +1

Was fine for the first few hours of my session then about 9pm, maybe 9:30pm, it kicked in and has been pretty bad since.
  • edited November 2015
    was only playing the 25k and lag got so bad I started missing hands, tried to contact live chat but for half an hour it just kept going round and round.... got so bad in the end I shoved and needless to say went out which after two and a half hours grind is pretty annoying 
  • edited November 2015
    same here - fed up with this site - alwys the same
  • edited November 2015

yep, same as all posts above here..
  • edited November 2015
    Yep same here.
    Really puts me off buying into the rest of UKOPS to be honest.
    It started for me around 9.30pm also so perhaps sky can look into if anything happened at this time to cause the lag.
  • edited November 2015
    same was border line unplayable at times
  • edited November 2015
    We were assured that the software had been tested and it would cope with running a 2000+ runner mtt alongside the regular schedule.

It clearly can't.
  • edited November 2015

I have sent this thread upstairs.
  • edited November 2015

Sorry to say I had same situation, download crashed around 9.30, managed to get back on through browser but severe lag throughout. Funnily enough it only seemed to affect MTTs but dym seemed ok apart from problems getting lobby up.
  • edited November 2015
    I have only been able to 2 table all night, anything more then it freezes, lags, becomes unresponsive and has to be closed down... in a way im glad i have ran/played awfully tonight, i cant imagine being deep in 5-6 tournies while its lagging like this. 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: severe lag:
      Sorry to say I had same situation, download crashed around 9.30, managed to get back on through browser but severe lag throughout. Funnily enough it only seemed to affect MTTs but dym seemed ok apart from problems getting lobby up.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    same here DYMs themselves fine but sometime i'm having to reopen the browser to register into another DYMs and when I do the tiling of my current DYMs doesn't work alongside any new ones unless i close them
  • edited November 2015
    Download Client crashed just before 9.30. Changed to browser (firefox) and was a bit better, but was getting a script error if I tried to open the lobby. I was only playing 2 tables. Like others stopped me playing the 9pm £4K Turbo as software wasn't working properly.
  • edited November 2015

Had the same lag problems from about 9.30 ish. 

Hope it gets looked at/commented on before Monday nights UKOPS day two or volume will be down by a few of the MTT regs it looks like.

I had to close everything down (including lobbies) and reboot PC. Seemed better after 10.30 ish
  • edited November 2015
    happened at last UKOPS too.

Is better now - still lagging but barable - but i am down to one table
  • edited November 2015
    maybe it's your connection?
  • edited November 2015

Hit me too, around 9.30pm.  Lasted about 45 mins.
    Cost me a lot of chips in UKOPS main and in the super UKOPS.  So frustrating seeing a set of Queens being timed out...

• edited November 2015
    maybe it's your connection?
    Posted by percival09
    sonds like you work for CC ;-)
  • edited November 2015
    YOU CAN ONLY LAUGH.... I eventually got through to "customer care", I  politely explained that I was getting so much lag it was making a Horlicks of the game and that I'd tried logging out and logging back in again around half nine but it was still the same then I started missing hands... the response was priceless..... that must be very frustrating she said......  then it said agent has left this chat.....
  • edited November 2015
    Had the same lag problems from about 9.30 ish.  Hope it gets looked at/commented on before Monday nights UKOPS day two or volume will be down by a few of the MTT regs it looks like. I had to close everything down (including lobbies) and reboot PC. Seemed better after 10.30 ish
    Posted by MAXALLY
       Blatant Brag alert
  • ommomm
    edited November 2015
    No issues for me at all, was able to 4/5/6 table no problem. Only caveat to this is that the PC I play poker on is for poker only so I do not and never have run or downloaded any other software. Possible it's this that makes a difference, As well as being on Virgin broadband which is a super fast connection, this may help as well.

If it was a problem with Sky would we not all be affected? 
  • edited November 2015
    It was fine on my end as well but I imagine if so many people had issues there must have been a problem with sky
  • edited November 2015
    Same here, I was in a few tourneys including the £110er, the lag and timing out really tilted me and made me play even worse than usual lol :/
  • edited November 2015
    No issues for me at all, was able to 4/5/6 table no problem. Only caveat to this is that the PC I play poker on is for poker only so I do not and never have run or downloaded any other software. Possible it's this that makes a difference, As well as being on Virgin broadband which is a super fast connection, this may help as well. If it was a problem with Sky would we not all be affected? 
    Posted by omm
    It may be our end in the sense that our computers aren't good enough, but the Sky software should be nowhere near as resource intensive as it is even at normal traffic
  • edited November 2015
    I thought it said severed leg.
    So disappointed.
  • edited November 2015
    I thought it said severed leg. So disappointed.
    Posted by mumsie

^^^^

Burst out laughing when I read that.
  • edited November 2015
    Having the £11bh lobby open seemed to cause problems and when on the download the whole thing crashed once or twice. The other poker sites I was playing on were fine. 
  • edited November 2015
    The dowload clients problems seem to be completely random, I had issues on Friday and Saturday yet last night it was Ok (tiny bit laggy but no freezing)

I was playing between 3 and 5 tables all evening, mainly DYM's but 3 MTT's
  • edited November 2015
    2323 runners in the £11  sky poker cant handle more then a 1000 runners without lagging
  • edited November 2015
    With 3 more of these super bounty hunters to come my suggestion is that the gtds are lowered.  Whilst it would be great to see an £11 £25k gtd i dont think the software can handle it.  So its going to cause problems for everyone.  For the other 3 nights that this is due to run id rather take the night off and play somewhere else than to sit there and wonder at what time will everything start lagging.  My suggestion is that it should be lowered to a £10k gtd with a max of 1000 players for the 3 remaining super bounty hunters still to come.