You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

severe lag

2»

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Hi All,

Thank you for all the comments. We have a large team looking at the issues that some of you reported last night and they are confident that they can avoid a repeat of this happening. We won't be lowering the guarantees of the remaining Super UKOPS events and can assure you all we are happy with the ability of the platform to handle 1000+ runner tournaments. 

We will continue to work on this throughout UKOPS and I will update here with progress. Apologies to those of you who were affected last night here is to a clean bill of health tonight and the remainder of this fantastic series.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: severe lag:
    Hi All, Thank you for all the comments. We have a large team looking at the issues that some of you reported last night and they are confident that they can avoid a repeat of this happening. We won't be lowering the guarantees of the remaining Super UKOPS events and can assure you all we are happy with the ability of the platform to handle 1000+ runner tournaments.  We will continue to work on this throughout UKOPS and I will update here with progress. Apologies to those of you who were affected last night here is to a clean bill of health tonight and the remainder of this fantastic series.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Sam,

Concerns were raised when the events were announced and you were happy over the ability of the platform then and are still happy now. For those of us that had issues its hard to know where this confidence comes from. I am sure tonight will be fine but am dreading the next super £11bh. 

Whilst it is great to have a load of new accounts what hope do you have of them playing regularly if there only experience of the site is that its laggy/crashes!

Matt
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: severe lag : Sam, Concerns were raised when the events were announced and you were happy over the ability of the platform then and are still happy now. For those of us that had issues its hard to know where this confidence comes from. I am sure tonight will be fine but am dreading the next super £11bh.  Whilst it is great to have a load of new accounts what hope do you have of them playing regularly if there only experience of the site is that its laggy/crashes! Matt
    Posted by MattBates

Further on from the points in the above post, I would imagine the vast majority of the new accounts were just one tabling this £11BH and didn't suffer any lag problems....whereas it is evident that quite a few multi tablers regs did.
  • edited November 2015
    Did anyone have any lag while not playing the £11BH?

Or while only playing the £11BH?

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: severe lag : Further on from the points in the above post, I would imagine the vast majority of the new accounts were just one tabling this £11BH and didn't suffer any lag problems....whereas it is evident that quite a few multi tablers regs did.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    How do we know if players were 1 tabling and did or didnt suffer problems as they are unlikely to use to forum. There seemed to be a fair few players sat out but I have no idea if they decided not to play or couldnt get on due to the software. 
  • edited November 2015
    As I mentioned we have a team looking into this and they have identified what caused the potential issue at 9.30pm. Work is now underway to prevent this happening again. 

The nature of the issue meant that it will only have been seen by some players and it will have affected them whether they were playing the £11BH or not. 
  • edited November 2015
    As I mentioned we have a team looking into this and they have identified what caused the potential issue at 9.30pm. Work is now underway to prevent this happening again.  The nature of the issue meant that it will only have been seen by some players and it will have affected them whether they were playing the £11BH or not. 
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Any clue on what the common factor for the players who were affected was?
  • edited November 2015
    As I mentioned we have a team looking into this and they have identified what caused the potential issue at 9.30pm. Work is now underway to prevent this happening again.  The nature of the issue meant that it will only have been seen by some players and it will have affected them whether they were playing the £11BH or not. 
    Posted by Sky_SamT

So are you saying this 'issue' had nothing to do with the 7.30BH and the amount of runners in that one MTT having an adverse effect on the platforms software? If it was just a general issue (which you and others have said didn't affect all), I would imagine it would be easier to fix? I can see why players (including myself) are worried when a 2000+ MTT runs again but it looks like you are stating this wasn't a factor afterall.

Have you tried turning it off and on again BTW? ;)
  • edited November 2015
    The issues that were experienced were certainly intensified as a result of the activity on the site so to say it was nothing to do with the £11 BH would be false.

I can assure everybody however that we are doing our utmost to prevent a recurrence.
  • edited November 2015
    Did anyone have any lag while not playing the £11BH? Or while only playing the £11BH?
    Posted by Phantom66
    yes I was only playing the 11 quid, seemed to start after around 9pm then just went slowly downhill from then on.....
  • edited November 2015
    I had concerns whenever i seen the gtd that this would happen.  Shouldnt this have been tested out in a random freeroll about 3 weeks ago when the schedule was announced to see if everything was going to be ok?
  • edited November 2015
    noticing some lag again and im only playing the rewards freeroll
  • edited November 2015
    noticing some lag again and im only playing the rewards freeroll
    Posted by memfno

+ 1  Playing 6 tables.
  • edited November 2015

..And AIPF sats where you have the option to FOLD!

into the 4K 9pm game 
    Tournament ID: 11635998

• edited November 2015
    there are some strange anomolies tonight
  • edited November 2015
    It was laggy again last night
  • ommomm
    edited November 2015
    Guess I spoke too soon. Anyone else having issues? Internet my end is ok and other sites are fine, had to log on twice so far, pretty big night to be going wrong. 
  • edited November 2015
    Nothing we can see here affecting the site. How is it performing now for you?
  • edited November 2015
    Lots of people complaining of lag tonight. Thankfully its been fine for me, but i would say roughly 15-20 people in the last hour have complained about lag in the chatbox, Slightly worrying with a huge night of poker, but fingers crossed it all gets sorted.
  • edited November 2015
    I've been lagging all night
  • edited November 2015
    I've been lagging all night
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Well get a grip then.