You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Gutted with the Etiquette shown Heads up in the UKOPS 5 Main evenT

2»

Comments

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Gutted with the Etiquette shown Heads up in the UKOPS 5 Main evenT:
    no, I can't. I have asked you to explain it but to no avail. Anyway, thanks for the GL message, good luck to you too if you decide to play some more.
    Posted by percival09
    I can't play on Sky Poker at present, as I'm in Punta Cana, but I'll be back next Tuesday & it will be business as usual, I love poker too much not to play regularly. 

I played some PLO cash here, yikes, what a game that was.
  • edited November 2015
    Its a good read this thread is, so back on track...

What would  people do in a freeroll , level 1. First few hands....5 players sat out?

Sit out and wait for people to turn up or raise every orbit ?
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Gutted with the Etiquette shown Heads up in the UKOPS 5 Main evenT:
    In Response to Re: Gutted with the Etiquette shown Heads up in the UKOPS 5 Main evenT : You may be right, but I disagree. I can't begin to have it that the hardcore sorts on, say, PokerStars, with their seating scripts, HUD's & assorted third party software operate on an identical moral compass to players on what still is a recreationally dominated site. All IMO, of course. We are talking degrees, of course, nobody knows, but I'd bet good money that 1% was a very long way out indeed. I tend to see the best in people, it's a default setting, whereas the more cynical see the downsides easier.   Incidentally, as to the OP, I do feel for him, of course I do, but for balance (fancy a poker player seeing things in a balanced way, eh?) the other guy never broke any rules & I'm certainly not condemning him at all.  I'd not do it, not in a million years, but it's just a personal choice.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    it's refreshing to hear a sky representative talk like this about poker sofeware that basically cheats recreational players, yes recs can get the same sofeware but not all of them are aware of it, have a limited bank roll so can't afford it, do not feel they play enough to have it.

I disagree with percival if u need 1000s of hands on someone u are using it wrong, a pro massing mtt's with a hud might come across a rec 2-3 times a mouth all that pro needs is 100 plus hands to make a basic assumption eg if someone opens 1/10 btns vs someone who opens 5/10 btn's are u going to play the same in the blinds? yes it's not conclusive after just 10 btn hands but u get a far more likly idea of their ranges which unless that pro had a memory like doyle brunson they would have zero information on a rec player(unless a hand of significance came up and they noted it, noting how a player plays is odviously ok as it's there for everyone to use straight away it's  not a hidden cost)

• edited November 2015
    If you were playing HU live and your oppo fell alseep - would you wake them up ?

Would you be annoyed if someone else woke them up ?

What if they died?

Would you steal them blinds/......

I would :D

• edited November 2015
    No, it's not "basically cheating" because it's not against terms and conditions, the software isn't banned by Pokerstars and it's available to every single one of their customers. Correct, not everyone is aware of it, just like some people aren't aware of 3rd party software that can be purchased for studying purposes off the table. Is that cheating too? No. I could get offended at being called a cheat when I'm not, but since you maybe exaggerated a little, I'll forgive you :D

For what it's worth, like I've mentioned so many times, I would prefer it if huds were banned because they're not needed. If they were banned then it'd show people that players who are very good players do not need a hud at all, they will still be very good players without a hud and a recreationals money will go just as quickly. It sounds harsh, but it's true, and I'm not here to make recreationals falsely feel better about things - a good pro has a SIGNIFICANT advantage vs you with or without in-game software.

Regarding the second part of your post, do you realise how many stats are available in a HUD? Hundreds. You named one. Yes, the one you named doesn't take that long for the stats to converge, which means perhaps even <100 hands could be sufficient. However, the vast majority of stats DO require thousands of hands to converge meaning they're not effective vs recreationals, unless they play many many hours/week. If they do play many hours/week, then I'd say it's much more likely that they use a hud themselves. Like I said in one of my previous posts, using a hud isn't just a thing that pro's use. PLENTY of recreationals also use them too. 
  • edited November 2015
    No, it's not "basically cheating" because it's not against terms and conditions, the software isn't banned by Pokerstars and it's available to every single one of their customers. Correct, not everyone is aware of it, just like some people aren't aware of 3rd party software that can be purchased for studying purposes off the table. Is that cheating too? No. I could get offended at being called a cheat when I'm not, but since you maybe exaggerated a little, I'll forgive you :D For what it's worth, like I've mentioned so many times, I would prefer it if huds were banned because they're not needed. If they were banned then it'd show people that players who are very good players do not need a hud at all, they will still be very good players without a hud and a recreationals money will go just as quickly. It sounds harsh, but it's true, and I'm not here to make recreationals falsely feel better about things - a good pro has a SIGNIFICANT advantage vs you with or without in-game software. Regarding the second part of your post, do you realise how many stats are available in a HUD? Hundreds. You named one. Yes, the one you named doesn't take that long for the stats to converge, which means perhaps even <100 hands could be sufficient. However, the vast majority of stats DO require thousands of hands to converge meaning they're not effective vs recreationals, unless they play many many hours/week. If they do play many hours/week, then I'd say it's much more likely that they use a hud themselves. Like I said in one of my previous posts, using a hud isn't just a thing that pro's use. PLENTY of recreationals also use them too. 
    Posted by percival09
    i agree with most  of what u have said here of cause a pro who stops using a hud  will still beat a rec over time it will just take a longer time which will vary in length.

getting back to the topic of this post i mentioned HUD's as i saw it mentioned in this post and i actually thought at the time is there really any differants to this scenario compaired to someone gaining a advantage from using a hud on other sites, both are within the rules ( u was right percival i was harsh to call it cheating)

My question to OP is u are clearly a good solid player so i imagine u might play on stars at times do u use a HUD there? if so what is the real differants between that and what happened to u ? (ps i do not have a personal problem with u i have always thought u a nice pleasent person when i been on your table i am just very cynical about stuff like this in the poker world)
  • edited November 2015
    i would wait well i would give it 10 mins if they not back then id have to take ya chips bad ettiquette that