You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How can i stop people fishing??? When the board is constantly rewarding the fish???

2»

Comments

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: How can i stop people fishing??? When the board is constantly rewarding the fish???:
    What seems to amaze me is that when you check some players on sharkscope who have called big raises with rubbish like 83 or 84 and get there or sometimes lead out with big raises with the same range of hands that get there, they are winning players. I would understand if they were losing players playing hands with the odds stacked against them
    Posted by bert21

Sometimes table dynamics plays it part.

For example, if you was watching me last night. This happened.

Table is super weak, 4 out of the 5 players are limping any two rubbish, calling any pre flop raise then folding flop when miss or open shoving if hit. Is getting late stage and is around bubble, 3 way limped I am on button with trash - I reraise big to squeeze and hopefully take a nice 10% on to my stack for not much effort. I get two calls - flop a boat - I continue - expecting the usual snap folds, get a shove :) he has trips for GG. Queue the trolls telling me I am terrible how can I play like that :)

Point is, some players will make some strange plays to the untrained eye, but in the scheme of things probably have a plan or the odds to make such plays / calls.

Also, with SHarkscope, tree with caution. Some players who are just casual players can also blink a mtt. A typical example is a turbo Tuesday blink. Also, some very good players may not show much profit or be reset etc. 

You always want the bad calls - play within role and be happy - say GG and make notes :)