You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Non plying players at dyms

2»

Comments

• edited December 2015
    I've gone off Waitrose, so I'm going to search to find another supermarket.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Non plying players at dyms:
    https://youtu.be/2WsMnEyRHtY
    Posted by mumsie

Ouch. Rigged for the big stack too...

• edited December 2015
    hes not gone yet
  • edited December 2015
    "some kind of scrounger tactic..."

haha

back of the net.
  • edited December 2015
    taking a long time to move onto a new site, still playing a dYM right now, he might be the away player mind.
  • edited December 2015
    what a sensitive soul

• edited December 2015
    By the bye, I, or anyone else, can tell a LOT of things about any player, you included, from SS. Longest whining run, longest losing run, average stake, ROI, most & least profitable opponents, & a shed load more.   If you are uncomfortable with that info being in the domain, you can Opt Out in a matter of seconds, no questions asked, & then your stats are "blocked".
    Posted by Tikay10

has jac got a star on this table? ;-)
  • edited December 2015

brickbat  you really need to chill ..
  • edited December 2015
    lmao this threads hilarious
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Non plying players at dyms : gosh may i very respectfully urge you not to broadcast info on other players form unless you first obtain their permission so to do . This is my last use of this forum in what i must assume is typical of social media. In the meanwhile i will search to find another poker site.
    Posted by brickbat
    Morning Brickbat.

To block your stats from public view - anyone & everyone can view them at present - you need to "Opt Out" from Sharkscope. 

It only takes a moment to Opt Out - here's the link.

http://www.sharkscope.com/#Opt-Out.html

Sorry to hear you plan to move on, but if you can find a site where the regulars are as helpful as they are here, including a Forum which you presumably enjoyed, as you used it several times, you'll do well.

The VBOL wherever you play, & of course, Seasons Greetings to you.
  • edited December 2015
    Loving this thread. It started off so innocently and  had some good, well informed replies which should have satisfied the original poster. Now it's pure comedy gold.

Personally I welcomed the views on away players and it has lessened my guilt on "stealing" their chips  ( but hey if most of them are scroungers anyway then they deserve it).
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Non plying players at dyms : Morning Brickbat. To block your stats from public view - anyone & everyone can view them at present - you need to "Opt Out" from Sharkscope.  It only takes a moment to Opt Out - here's the link. http://www.sharkscope.com/#Opt-Out.html Sorry to hear you plan to move on, but if you can find a site where the regulars are as helpful as they are here, including a Forum which you presumably enjoyed, as you used it several times, you'll do well.   The VBOL wherever you play, & of course, Seasons Greetings to you.
    Posted by Tikay10

Phew!
    I was worried you may not be around today due to being arrested overnight for illegal discussion of 'form' without prior permission.

• edited December 2015
    I always find the best strategy when players are sitting out is to shorten my range and always ensure they are raised by at least one player when they are in the BB position.

Once they are all-in, due to not having enough chips to pay their blind, I then try to ensure that only one player takes them on, to reduce their win if they hit a good hand.

But hey, that's just me.
  • edited December 2015
    I always find the best strategy when players are sitting out is to shorten my range and always ensure they are raised by at least one player when they are in the BB position. Once they are all-in, due to not having enough chips to pay their blind, I then try to ensure that only one player takes them on, to reduce their win if they hit a good hand. But hey, that's just me.
    Posted by Benchmark
    Hi bench

The 2nd part is incorrect as you want as many callers as you can to make sure they get knocked out. E.g. aa against one person is over 70%. 

But aa against 3 others is probably only 30%
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Non plying players at dyms : Hi bench The 2nd part is incorrect as you want as many callers as you can to make sure they get knocked out. E.g. aa against one person is over 70%.  But aa against 3 others is probably only 30%
    Posted by stuarty117
    Not sure I agree with that Stu. Mostly, yes, but in odd spots, no.

4 handed, blinds 200-400. 

Mr Away is in the BB with 395 chips. It's not wise - imo - for the other 3 to limp regardless (in, say, PLO8, 8-8-8-9 for example). Quadruple this guy up, & that might spell trouble.

Mr Away is in the with 10 chips. Completely different. It matters not what the other 3 do really, but yeah, all limp in there.

• edited December 2015
    The only snag with limping is, if the sit-out guy has been out all the time, the blinds may now be significant. Limping in with a 'back-up' hand may do you considerable damage. At this point you may only have two or three blinds yourself. The player with the winning hand will have increased his stack and if the sit-out guy isn't the final player to knock out, you're in trouble.

Like most things in poker, I guess 'it depends'.

BTW, did I mention I never win any games?
  • edited December 2015
    Your own stack has, of course, got to be a factor in these decisions. If you have 2BB or less, let someone else take the shorty on.

(from someone who is used to playing a 2BB stack!)
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Non plying players at dyms : Not sure I agree with that Stu. Mostly, yes, but in odd spots, no. 4 handed, blinds 200-400.  Mr Away is in the BB with 395 chips. It's not wise - imo - for the other 3 to limp regardless (in, say, PLO8, 8-8-8-9 for example). Quadruple this guy up, & that might spell trouble. Mr Away is in the with 10 chips. Completely different. It matters not what the other 3 do really, but yeah, all limp in there.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Yes lets say he has been away all game and everyone is playing ball. If he does go back to 1600 chips you just steal them again. Maybe he comes back maybe he doesnt also depends on ur own stack but 9 times out of 10 just check them down.