You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW!

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

The £10-£20 H-U Table on Sky Poker is rocking right now. lJAMESl is "busy".

Comments

• edited January 2010

lJAMESl has £10,812 in front of him!
  • edited January 2010
    merry xmas james!
  • edited January 2010
    must be playing against some right loony;s lol
  • edited January 2010
     was his bring in 2k ?
  • edited January 2010
    WOW just seen this, well played ive never seen that amount a poker table online ever.
  • edited January 2010

MBN, eh?

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW!:
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Not sure Rover - he'll be on here shortly, I think. I gather he won £3.5k on 2/5 and £7.5k on 10/20 MBN, eh?
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol nice work if you can it ,

well done james !
  • edited January 2010
    wow that is very impresive!

you must have balls of steel to gamble that much!
  • edited January 2010
    Hey Guys after 6 hour HU battle on £500nl and then £2000nl I emerged up like £11k and some change pretty sick! 

Thats my best ever day online :-D
  • edited January 2010
    I was your lucky charm, sat round at your house when toomy shows up!

Wd 

:)

• edited January 2010
    Fair play JAMES caught the back end of the massacre on £10/£20.

Good days work
  • edited January 2010
    Hey Guys after 6 hour HU battle on £500nl and then £2000nl I emerged up like £11k and some change pretty sick!  Thats my best ever day online :-D
    Posted by lJAMESl
    pffft beer money,no seriously can you give me some
  • edited January 2010
    Hey Guys after 6 hour HU battle on £500nl and then £2000nl I emerged up like £11k and some change pretty sick!  Thats my best ever day online :-D
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Brilliant stuff, well done.

Tikay, any chance of showing this session on 865? I think many people would be fascinated to see it and I'm sure it would make compelling viewing. Wish I'd caught it live, but watching the highlights being analysed by you guys would be terrific.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Brilliant stuff, well done. Tikay, any chance of showing this session on 865? I think many people would be fascinated to see it and I'm sure it would make compelling viewing. Wish I'd caught it live, but watching the highlights being analysed by you guys would be terrific.
    Posted by JingleMa
     +1
  • edited January 2010

got any good hands to post? Nh also.

• edited January 2010
    excellent session ! wp james
  • edited January 2010
    wow thats so sick!!! congrats!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Brilliant stuff, well done. Tikay, any chance of showing this session on 865? I think many people would be fascinated to see it and I'm sure it would make compelling viewing. Wish I'd caught it live, but watching the highlights being analysed by you guys would be terrific.
    Posted by JingleMa
    Not really nice for the guy/s who lost a fortune.  Anonymity should be respected as far as hands go, unless it was on a TV table.
    TBH it's not really in order for sky staff to be almost whooping about this.... especially getting excited about it live on the primo show too.  Should be impartial always imo and respect the loser as much as congratulating the winner.

Nice result James, WP :)
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by JingleMa
    I believe that would be indelicate, much as it would be interesting to watch. It would be compelling viewing, I agree, but it would not be right to show it, imo. It was not on a TV Table, & I think there should be a certain etiquette to what is & is not shown.

The idea of the Thread was so that people could watch the Table Live, which is fair enough, as the stacks were balanced, but by the time I'd Posted it, it was all over.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Not really nice for the guy/s who lost a fortune.  Anonymity should be respected as far as hands go, unless it was on a TV table. TBH it's not really in order for sky staff to be almost whooping about this.... especially getting excited about it live on the primo show too.  Should be impartial always imo and respect the loser as much as congratulating the winner. Nice result James, WP :)
    Posted by cottlad
    Actually, it's brilliant advertising for the loser. There are plenty of people with more money than sense, and if they think he's a soft touch just because they see him losing big on tv, they would be queing up to play him. He would then get a much better opportunity to win back his losses and more, than if they didn't show it.

When you play at these kind of levels, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Not really nice for the guy/s who lost a fortune.  Anonymity should be respected as far as hands go, unless it was on a TV table. TBH it's not really in order for sky staff to be almost whooping about this.... especially getting excited about it live on the primo show too.  Should be impartial always imo and respect the loser as much as congratulating the winner. Nice result James, WP :)
    Posted by cottlad
    Someones bitter because they are not good enough for Total Player??
  • edited January 2010
    Snore off cottladd zzzzz
  • edited January 2010
    Snore off cottladd zzzzz
    Posted by the_gibb
    +1
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : I believe that would be indelicate, much as it would be interesting to watch. It would be compelling viewing, I agree, but it would not be right to show it, imo. It was not on a TV Table, & I think there should be a certain etiquette to what is & is not shown. The idea of the Thread was so that people could watch the Table Live, which is fair enough, as the stacks were balanced, but by the time I'd Posted it, it was all over.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ah, I posted before I read this.

Maybe you could ask him if he minded if you or sky can contact him? I think he'd be quite happy for it to be shown for the reason I gave in my reply to cottlad.
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by cottlad
    With respect, I have never at any stage mentioned the Opponents name, & I never would. And it would not matter who had won, I'd still have mentioned it - it's pretty big action by Sky Poker standards, & players like to watch this sort of action.

I'm sorry if you don't think I'm impartial, as I try extremely hard to be exactly that. Maybe I "miss" sometimes, & if I do, I'm sorry.

I could hardly commisserate with the loser either, as that would involve mentioning his name!

Without the constraints of confidentiality I faced tonight, I think you'll find I'm first to commisserate with any loser.

I just thought it was of interest to our players.

I understand where you are coming from, of course. But ANYONE could have freely Railed the Table. 
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Someones bitter because they are not good enough for Total Player??
    Posted by WantUrChip
    Nice 1st post,
    Welcome to the forum.
    I hope you'll contribute to the same high standard in future posts
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Ah, I posted before I read this. Maybe you could ask him if he minded if you or sky can contact him? I think he'd be quite happy for it to be shown for the reason I gave in my reply to cottlad.
    Posted by JingleMa
    Possibly - I'll pass it across to the Producers for them to decide. I think it's unlikely though.

I started the Thread so peeps could watch - it was wicked stuff - but I was 4-tabling at the time, & by the time I got the Thread up, it was all over.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Possibly - I'll pass it across to the Producers for them to decide. I think it's unlikely though.   I started the Thread so peeps could watch - it was wicked stuff - but I was 4-tabling at the time, & by the time I got the Thread up, it was all over.
    Posted by Tikay10

Surely you were 4 tabling for about 5 seconds,  then you were down to three tabling lol

• edited January 2010
    Posted by cottlad

Agree totally, thread is out of order imo.

If you want the games to have people able to lose 10k, dont go making threads about how much they've lost. We dont hear about every 6 buyin hu session on sky. 

edit have just read replies to cotts post from tikay, I think it'd be ALOT better if the thread didn't come from you Mr Kendall it just feels wrong. My two cents.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Serious H-U Action on Sky Poker - NOW! : Actually, it's brilliant advertising for the loser. There are plenty of people with more money than sense, and if they think he's a soft touch just because they see him losing big on tv, they would be queing up to play him. He would then get a much better opportunity to win back his losses and more, than if they didn't show it. When you play at these kind of levels, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
    Posted by JingleMa

You are very very wrong.