You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wintwer Giveaway, Saturday - time for the MTT-ers to win a few bob.

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat

The Top 50 points earners from MTT's ONLY today will all earn a share of a £2,000 prizepool.

Details are HERE

Comments

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Wintwer Giveaway, Saturday - time for the MTT-ers to win a few bob.:
    The Top 50 points earners from MTT's ONLY today will all earn a share of a £2,000 prizepool. Details are HERE
    Posted by Tikay10
    thinking about having a bash at this, any idea how it will be paid out? will it simply be £40 to each of the 50 people?
  • edited December 2015

^^^^^

Morning Mr Bus.

To be honest, I don't actually know.

I had assumed it was sort of graded, with a bigger prize to the player with most points,, tapering down to a few quid for 50th, but I must stress, I don't know.

I have sent the question up to Mr Winter Giveaway in Leeds & I'll let you know when he replies.

Please note I will be offline from 9.15am until around midday - it's the 10k Osterley Park Run today. Can't miss that, am just preparing to set off now.

http://osterleypark10k.co.uk/
  • edited December 2015
    Nice one Sky, makes a refreshing change to have a promo aimed at MTT players, glad to see it.

• edited December 2015
    have been grinding these for last 4 hours now no idea what kind of points target i need to make top 50 though :/
  • edited December 2015
    Nice 1 good to see.  Couple of questions about it tho.

1.  How will it be paid out is it equally divided or is it all split this is important to know as you can decide how much you are going to play based on this.

2.  The way the tournaments work the points are credited to your account as soon as you bust the tournament.  So for example if someone bust the main event at 9pm they would get 30 points but if someone else busted the main just after midnight the points wouldnt be credited to there account until after midnight.

So its not really fair on someone to lose the points that someone else got for the same game just because they busted after midnight so should be based on points for that day on what you entered as otherwise its going to be unfair to some people.
  • edited December 2015
    Good luck Tourney grinder's!
  • edited December 2015

Just back from the 10k run, & I've now got the answers from Upstairs.

More follows........
  • edited December 2015

The £2,000 will be divided amongst the top 50, with the highest points earner getting "1st place" & the biggest prize, & 50th getting the smallest prize.

I don't have the actual breakdown to hand, but you get the drift.

• edited December 2015

Points for Tournaments that start BEFORE Midnight but finish AFTER Midnight will all be included, which is right & proper.

So in answer to Conor, if a player enters the Main @ 8pm & lasts beyond midnight, they will still get their points.

However, this will mean that the final totals will need to be manually adjusted, which in turn means that the results of this will not be known until Monday, as the manual adjustment process is lengthy, laborious & cumbersome & cannot be done over the weekend. 

For background - the whole of SB&G has a Daily Report which has a midnight cut off. ALL Promos, everything, can then automatically be extracted from that Report. For today's MTT Challenge, it is only right & proper that a manual adjustment is made to reflect actuality, hence the delay in reporting the winners.   

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Wintwer Giveaway, Saturday - time for the MTT-ers to win a few bob.:
    In Response to Wintwer Giveaway, Saturday - time for the MTT-ers to win a few bob. : thinking about having a bash at this, any idea how it will be paid out? will it simply be £40 to each of the 50 people?
    Posted by RLT16
    No, the TOP points earner will get most, & 50th least.

I imagine it'll be similar to the way an MTT Prize Pool is constructed. Unforch, I don't have the actual payout chart to hand.  

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Wintwer Giveaway, Saturday - time for the MTT-ers to win a few bob.:
    Nice one Sky, makes a refreshing change to have a promo aimed at MTT players, glad to see it.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Perhaps there will be another "refreshing change" soon.
  • edited December 2015
    thanks for the update TK, is the prize table likely to be posted at any point?

played nearly every mtt since 9am and would love to know what im aiming for for motivation ;)
  • edited December 2015
    thanks for the update TK, is the prize table likely to be posted at any point? played nearly every mtt since 9am and would love to know what im aiming for for motivation ;)
    Posted by RLT16
    As the threadbare & tangled piece of string is reputed to have said, "I'm a frayed knot".

I think it should have been, but I can't get it today, so you'll just have to do your best.

I think, for similar renewals in future, it'd be better if the apportionment of the prize pool were advertised.

Good luck, crack on with the MTT's & maybe you'll bink a few & won't need the WG bonus money. ;)
  • edited December 2015
    Tikay i know this is nothing to do with you as you only provide the information for the players from what you have been told by the business so im not blaming you for it.

But this is very dissapointing imo how can the most important bit of information for the promotion the prizepool not be available for the players?

Secondly the information was not clear from the start of the day.  Noone knew wheather the prizepool was divided or split.  All the promo mentioned was a share of £2000.

The players need to know this information from 12 when the promo opens so they can decide how much there going to play.  If someone had of known this information in the morning they may have started playing early as opposed to later.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Wintwer Giveaway, Saturday - time for the MTT-ers to win a few bob. : As the threadbare & tangled piece of string is reputed to have said, "I'm a frayed knot". I think it should have been, but I can't get it today, so you'll just have to do your best.   I think, for similar renewals in future, it'd be better if the apportionment of the prize pool were advertised.   Good luck, crack on with the MTT's & maybe you'll bink a few & won't need the WG bonus money. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    ha i wish that was the case but my mtt history is shocking, i have managed a 1st, 2nd, 4tha nd 5th already today though so things are looking up
  • edited December 2015
    Great to see an MTT promo, Unfortunately for me its on a day where real real life stuff takes priority but I would definitely give this a go if it was on any other day. 
  • edited December 2015
    Tikay i know this is nothing to do with you as you only provide the information for the players from what you have been told by the business so im not blaming you for it. But this is very dissapointing imo how can the most important bit of information for the promotion the prizepool not be available for the players? Secondly the information was not clear from the start of the day.  Noone knew wheather the prizepool was divided or split.  All the promo mentioned was a share of £2000. The players need to know this information from 12 when the promo opens so they can decide how much there going to play.  If someone had of known this information in the morning they may have started playing early as opposed to later.
    Posted by bearlyther
    All noted Conor.

I did suggest this morning (though not until around 9am) that it was probable that it would be split that way, but a clearer & more concise answer would have been better.

My source, incidentally, is the same as you & everyone else - the Promo Page, the Office never told me anything in advance. 

As soon as I saw the Promo, & the wording as to the "£2,000 Prizepool", I wrote to the office to get clarification. Unforch, I then had to go offline for a few hours, so could not reply sooner. 

I doubt it has or will affected anyone much, but I do agree, it could have been clearer from the very get go, at Midnight.

Something to note for the future.

• edited December 2015
    iPad came this morning, much earlier than I expected then i see this promo for MTT's it's like christmas has come early. Would be nice to have a breakdown of the prizes but only a small complaint
  • edited December 2015
      iPad came this morning, much earlier than I expected then i see this promo for MTT's it's like christmas has come early. Would be nice to have a breakdown of the prizes but only a small complaint
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    oioi, nice one Groggy.

I never expected the IPads or IPhones to be delivered as quick as that, (I think the T & C's say within 28 days) so that's a nice bonus.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Wintwer Giveaway, Saturday - time for the MTT-ers to win a few bob. : oioi, nice one Groggy.   I never expected the IPads or IPhones to be delivered as quick as that, (I think the T & C's say within 28 days) so that's a nice bonus.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah it surprised me as well didn't expect it till after christmas, gonna have a good play round with it tomorrow. 
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Wintwer Giveaway, Saturday - time for the MTT-ers to win a few bob. : Yeah it surprised me as well didn't expect it till after christmas, gonna have a good play round with it tomorrow. 
    Posted by FeelGroggy

they aren't to be used for that kind of filth mate. 
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Wintwer Giveaway, Saturday - time for the MTT-ers to win a few bob. : oioi, nice one Groggy.   I never expected the IPads or IPhones to be delivered as quick as that, (I think the T & C's say within 28 days) so that's a nice bonus.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Is Jac35 still waiting for his PS4?

Please say yes.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Wintwer Giveaway, Saturday - time for the MTT-ers to win a few bob. : Is Jac35 still waiting for his PS4? Please say yes.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    He can expect delivery before the 3rd week of December. 2016.
  • edited December 2015
    Tikay i know this is nothing to do with you as you only provide the information for the players from what you have been told by the business so im not blaming you for it. But this is very dissapointing imo how can the most important bit of information for the promotion the prizepool not be available for the players? Secondly the information was not clear from the start of the day.  Noone knew wheather the prizepool was divided or split.  All the promo mentioned was a share of £2000. The players need to know this information from 12 when the promo opens so they can decide how much there going to play.  If someone had of known this information in the morning they may have started playing early as opposed to later.
    Posted by bearlyther
    Morning Conor.

I did send this up, & they have replied.

Cliffs - guilty as charged. Going forward, they will try & address this. Been plenty of things to learn from the WG Promo.

Mitigation - this is quite a difficult Promo in resource terms, & it's been very successful on the whole, so cutting them a bit of slack would not be unreasonable. IMO, of course. ;) 

• edited December 2015

The Results of Saturday's WG "MTT Challenge" are now up, including amounts won & points earned, HERE

Well done all those who won a few bob.
  • edited December 2015
    Nice one, didn't think I'd finish anywhere near that high!

Just wanna say again that it's great to see a proper MTT promo. 

Usually any kind of MTT 'promo' is something like 'we're doubling the guarantee of the main' and while that's very nice, it almost always meets the guarantee (which is great) but isn't really giving anything away. It's always tended to be that SnG/Cash promos are actually giving away £££ while MTT ones just increase a guarantee which tends to cost vv little/nothing from Sky's POV.

This one actually encouraged people to play a lot more MTTs than normal and rewarded people for said effort so vwp Sky.
  • edited December 2015
    Nice one, didn't think I'd finish anywhere near that high! Just wanna say again that it's great to see a proper MTT promo.  Usually any kind of MTT 'promo' is something like 'we're doubling the guarantee of the main' and while that's very nice, it almost always meets the guarantee (which is great) but isn't really giving anything away. It's always tended to be that SnG/Cash promos are actually giving away £££ while MTT ones just increase a guarantee which tends to cost vv little/nothing from Sky's POV. This one actually encouraged people to play a lot more MTTs than normal and rewarded people for said effort so vwp Sky.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul,

Yes, you are not alone in suggesting that the MTT players get short shrift in Promos.

I don't know the reason for that, I've never discussed it with Upstairs, or even necessarily agree it's true. It's not my business to ask them questions like that. 

However, I do have a bit of an understanding of how these things work, & I'd happily try & explain why that MAY be the case.

As I'm sure you will know, I do try & explain things, logic, rationale etc, & as a result I come in for a bit of sarcasm & mockage for doing so. Seems unreasonable to me, all things considered, but there it is, I'll manage.

If you'd like me to open up & explain what I believe is one of the reasons for this, I'm more than happy so to do. It will be my own views, not those of The Business, of course. 

Doubt you'll agree, or like it, but it may open your eyes to something I doubt you've ever considered.   

PS -I'm a bit busy today, & working tonight, so if you are interested, it may not be until tomorrow. Need some beauty sleep pre-Show.

• edited December 2015
    I can imagine the reasoning/thought process behind it.... 

I'm guessing it just doesn't create as much revenue as other formats during a promo due to the way the different games work i.e. with a volume promo on cash/sng people have the option to (and do) load 12+ tables and play for hours on end whereas with MTTs, you can really only play as much as the schedule allows so there is a limit to how much someone physically can do. 

Presumbably the suits can (and do) look at rake taken from X games on a Wednesday (for example) when a promo isnt running then look at rake taken from the same game the following Wednesday when a promo is running to see what kinda % increase a promo induces. 

Although one could say that an MTT volume promo has pretty much never been tried (in my time on Sky) on here so it must be vv hard to know what the impact on rake collected would be without trying :p

Maybe this recent WG one will give some insight into that ^ If it does create less revenue then perhaps the promo kitty can be adjusted to reflect that (make the prizepool in MTT volume races half the size of a cash volume race etc) rather than just not do them at all.

But yeah I'd be happy to hear your opinion whenever you get a chance.
  • edited December 2015
    I can imagine the reasoning/thought process behind it....  I'm guessing it just doesn't create as much revenue as other formats during a promo due to the way the different games work i.e. with a volume promo on cash/sng people have the option to (and do) load 12+ tables and play for hours on end whereas with MTTs, you can really only play as much as the schedule allows so there is a limit to how much someone physically can do.  Presumbably the suits can (and do) look at rake taken from X games on a Wednesday (for example) when a promo isnt running then look at rake taken from the same game the following Wednesday when a promo is running to see what kinda % increase a promo induces.  Although one could say that an MTT volume promo has pretty much never been tried (in my time on Sky) on here so it must be vv hard to know what the impact on rake collected would be without trying :p Maybe this recent WG one will give some insight into that ^ If it does create less revenue then perhaps the promo kitty can be adjusted to reflect that (make the prizepool in MTT volume races half the size of a cash volume race etc) rather than just not do them at all. But yeah I'd be happy to hear your opinion whenever you get a chance.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Most of that could not be further from my thinking, & some of it is an assumed given.

I'm thinking on a completely different line. 

"Cold". 

;)

Your logic, naturally & reasonably, is from the perspective of an MTT player.

Anyway, enough guessing, I'll try & explain tomorrow.   

• edited December 2015
    I can imagine the reasoning/thought process behind it....  I'm guessing it just doesn't create as much revenue as other formats during a promo due to the way the different games work i.e. with a volume promo on cash/sng people have the option to (and do) load 12+ tables and play for hours on end whereas with MTTs, you can really only play as much as the schedule allows so there is a limit to how much someone physically can do.  Presumbably the suits can (and do) look at rake taken from X games on a Wednesday (for example) when a promo isnt running then look at rake taken from the same game the following Wednesday when a promo is running to see what kinda % increase a promo induces.  Although one could say that an MTT volume promo has pretty much never been tried (in my time on Sky) on here so it must be vv hard to know what the impact on rake collected would be without trying :pMaybe this recent WG one will give some insight into that ^ If it does create less revenue then perhaps the promo kitty can be adjusted to reflect that (make the prizepool in MTT volume races half the size of a cash volume race etc) rather than just not do them at all. But yeah I'd be happy to hear your opinion whenever you get a chance.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I dont think you can take too much from the recent promo as anyone who properly went for the promo was kind of having a punt as they were guessing what the prizes would be.