You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2015 Community "Thank you"........

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat

With 2015 drawing to a close, & UKOPS round the corner, Sky Poker want to give a little "thank you" to the Community regulars who help make the Community tick over, who go to exceptional lengths to run Leagues & the like. Community is very important to Sky Poker.

They don't do it for money, & their "award" will be small - just a £22 UKOPS Event.  (They can choose from any of about 9, though beware, some are Rebuys).

The idea is to award 5 or 6 of them this way. Problem is not who gets them, but who does not, as there are so many.

So suggestions & ideas are needed please.

My initial thought process was something like this.....

GaryQQQ (Results Thread, 365 days per year, with occasional help from Alan).

DTWBandit - Michael just gets on with the DTD thing, week after week.

PokerTrev - just quietly & efficiently looks after the Orfordable League, & has done for years.

Macacgirl for the PLO8 Challenges. I've vetoed that already, she will get nothing.

Aussie, for helping so many with stats & data.

Churchy for running the POLO8 League (he has already been awarded one of the seats).

Mumsie, for just general helpfulness & comic relief, (so to speak), maybe?

Thoughts? Who have I missed?

Impossible to agree on the most deserving 6, & let's not be falling out, but feedback welcome.   

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Phantom
    He bought a bingo machine to help the community! Bet thats never been said before.
    First two draws were brilliant. We'll gloss over the extraordinarily mediocre 3rd round draw.
  • edited December 2015
    Tomgoodun

Wonderfully written thread. Tom gives a reality check to whiners such as myself 
  • edited December 2015
    Some guy called Tikay. Always helpful, a great ambassador and goes above and beyond what is expected of him. 
  • edited December 2015

Phantom is a decent shout, lot of work went into that.

Tomgoodun? I think that's a different category altogether, which, if I can squeeze some more money out of Upstairs, we might do later, & that might include "Best Threads", "best Diary", that sort of thing.

We could even do "Most Grumpy" contributor. Any thoughts on that, Paul?

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: 2015 Community "Thank you"........:
    Phantom is a decent shout, lot of work went into that. Tomgoodun? I think that's a different category altogether, which, if I can squeeze some more money out of Upstairs, we might do later, & that might include "Best Threads", "best Diary", that sort of thing. We could even do "Most Grumpy" contributor. Any thoughts on that, Paul?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Bah

We could also do a biggest bully prize. Any thoughts on that, Tony?

Spose Sky employees wouldn't be eligible though
  • edited December 2015
    For community work related to events then mr 220 at 220 has to be in with a shout? Has anyone mentioned Rainman yet?
  • edited December 2015
    If there is different section for diary contributions then +1 tomgoodun and I nominate Dohhhhhh. Closed book on grumpy prize. Rich Orford should get the only sing when I am winning prize.
  • edited December 2015
    What about help on poker clinics? F_Ivanovic and TeddyBloat?
  • edited December 2015
    Stayorgo for charity comp

Alot of effort and alot of money raised too.

• edited December 2015
    Phantom He bought a bingo machine to help the community! Bet thats never been said before. First two draws were brilliant. We'll gloss over the extraordinarily mediocre 3rd round draw.
    Posted by Jac35
    +1 
  • edited December 2015

Crikey, knew I'd forget some - Mr 220 @ 220, of course.

StayOrGo, Tennis Bloke & TeddyBloat are all great shouts, too.

Now try sorting out who gets these - I have been given 6 to give away right now, & a line has to be drawn somewhere. 

Awkward, innit?

• edited December 2015

Sky Poker want to give a little "thank you" to the Community regulars who help make the Community tick over, who go to exceptional lengths to run Leagues & the like. Community is very important to Sky Poker. 

GARYQQQ.

DTD organisers - DTW, Jono, Boxster (plus others who have helped out doing tables etc).

Aussie.

The above are all a shoe in with others who have also run community Leagues/comps this year. Producing tables etc does take time and a bit of effort that sometimes goes unappreciated. 

Sorry, but diaries and other threads etc should be a total separate thing than the above (IMHO).
  • edited December 2015
    Please don't consider me.
    I haven't done much and many are more deserving.
    Also, I'm only interested in the PLO8 doofer which I was gonna play anyways, so £22 would be a waste.
    xx

• edited December 2015
    Please don't consider me. I haven't done much and many are more deserving. Also, I'm only interested in the PLO8 doofer which I was gonna play anyways, so £22 would be a waste. xx
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    I had no intention of doing so, & I disqualified you anyway.
  • edited December 2015
    GOOD.
    If you'd given me a prize I'd have spite-busted on purpose first hand.
  • edited December 2015
    There are lots of deserving people from the helpful to the funny why not have a few different ones like the Oscars best story ,funniest ,biggest troll, tightest ,make it a black tie affair frocks and all 
  • edited December 2015
    Great work all bring on 2016!!
  • edited December 2015
    GOOD. If you'd given me a prize I'd have spite-busted on purpose first hand.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    To me, one hopes.
  • edited December 2015

Gary, DTW & Trev all good shouts. 

Noseybonk has been posting good and helpful stuff 'under the radar' ever since I joined here so he would be my left field pick. 

Nice Gestures, gl to the awardees :)
  • edited December 2015

Thanks very much to those who have mentioned my name, but awarding one of the prizes to me would be a waste.

I've just looked at the UKOPS schedule. It's highly unlikely I'll be able to participate in any events, free seat or not. I'm sure we would all much rather see the prize go to someone who can actually play.

• edited December 2015
    Just wanted to add that Tikay reads and contributes greatly to the forum pretty much every day.

He also knows what plays well with the suits.

I totally trust his judgement and agree that all the OP names are extremely worthy.

It just goes to show how many positive contributions there are in the community that it was easy to think of others.

So while there are plenty of others, maybe any reward could be saved for another day and/or another theme?

I dont want this thread to become divisive. It's a great idea - can we please keep the comments coming to highlight the positive contributors and leave Tikay to agree a 6 for this time? The more positive this thread is the more likely Tikay will get the go ahead to do it again another time.

For chucking my two penneth in - happy to withdraw myself from consideration.

• edited December 2015
    I couldnt possible accept this nomination.
    My belly did get a  tickly sensation on seeing my name in bold.
    Though Ive  not given it any more thought.

If I were to accept and  run for presidency.
    I can promise my voters a few  pledges.

Hers a drafT OF MY Manifesto.....

I pledge , to the best of my ability to

1) Scrap the Iphone 6 as a top prize , giving the Iphones to people who bust at the bubble,
    and if they dont want them, offer them to earlier exiters until they are all gone.

2) Android Tablets and  Android Phones will be the new  prizes.

3) Offer Sky hoodies to players that say finish... 100th in a tournie. or 79th.
    whatever people want really.

Thats it.

A vote for me is a vote for you.

*Edit*   236  ( if its still available)
  • edited December 2015
    Gary, DTW & Trev all good shouts.  Noseybonk has been posting good and helpful stuff 'under the radar' ever since I joined here so he would be my left field pick.  Nice Gestures, gl to the awardees :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Thanks, old bean :)  But I like Alan's list. Those guys rock!

*edit - I should add that like Gary I won't actually be around to play in the UKOPS.

• edited December 2015
    NoseyBonk i think your name should be on the list, you have helped many a person on this forum,you have stayed in the back ground for so long,you have forgotten you rock to, you have put me in my place many a time and never in a nasty way,i wish you all the best and hope your name is added to the list :):):)
  • edited December 2015

Has anyone mentioned FCHD  ???
  • edited December 2015
    A lot of great shouts in this thread. Think Lambert180 is a good shout always helps people out with their questions and very active on the forum.
    I do think the prizes should be reserved for people that a free 22 pound seat would be quite a big thing for, or at least something they wouldn't otherwise play. Although people like Lambert and Stayorgo have contributed greatly, they'll just flick in the 22 pound buy in whilst playing loads of other tables and not think much about it.
    For what its worth think that Tony Kendall chap's a good shout. Might be a waste though we all know he'll just fold his way to the money ;)
    But +1 to the people already mentioned in this thread
  • edited December 2015
    I'd say garyQQQ, phantom66 and Tikay have to be shoe ins for one of the seats. 

i know hes not as active on the forum as others but if you speak to him at the tables or in PMs then Stuarty117 is always more than happy to offer any advice that he has and help in any way. 

other contenders are stayorgo or lambert180

• edited December 2015

I was always going to forget a few worthy nominees names - apologies - but I'm sure you know it was unintentional.

GaryQQQ has sort of removed himself. He's almost in a category of his own, & whilst he'll not now be considered this time, we WILL do something by way of thanks in 2016, at a time & date to suit him. Doubt even our most chunters regulars could argue with that.

Several others have received little "thank you" gestures from Sky Poker in 2015, & will continue to do so, as & when.

For now, I had in mind the guys who run leagues, do regular updates, those sort of guys. 

Others are equally worthy, but we'll do those another time.

Probably not my brightest idea to start the thread, I should maybe have just sorted it, but I wanted others to chip in with suggestions, & anyway, I'd have forgotten some, such as Mr 220.

Will finalise the 6 names (well 5, Churchy has been awarded his already) in the next few days.

PS - Thank you to those kind souls who mentioned my name, but I'm disqualified. In effect, it's part of my job to oil the Community wheels, keep the place fun, & help & encourage players as much as I can, so I'm just doing my job, or part of it. Currently (it changes frequently, & may change again soon ) the Community Forum is my responsibility, which is why it has changed somewhat in the last 6 to 12 months - far less threads are now closed, for example. Whether it will remain as part of my brief I'm unsure. People & responsibilities Upstairs come & go.    

• edited December 2015
    Evilpingu would be a great shout
  • edited December 2015
    Evilpingu would be a great shout
    Posted by LARSON7
    ;)