You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2015 Community "Thank you"........

2»

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Phantom & DTW are my suggestions but all of the names are good contributers. Merry Xmas!
  • edited December 2015
    Hi Tikay
    I am very thankful to even be considered, however, i'm sure there are more deserved than me.

StayOrGo put a lot of time & effort into his charity thread & a lot of Money was raised for very good causes.

Churchy18 for the F.O.S.P thread which has bought more peeps to the PLO8 tables.

j3ono for all the work he does compiling the DTD Leagues on Mondays

GaryQQQ - results thread (Nuff Said)

There are probably many more which are more worthy than myself tbh, so i'm happy for any tourney entry I might be considered for to be donated to someone else.

I enjoy the forum & I enjoy it's active members, most of whom I now consider to be friends. I enjoy doing what I do for that reason alone & it also stops me from going insane at times :)

I love the banter, there have been so many comical moments over the years and it's just a pleasure to be part of it.

Anyway.......thats my "Golden Globe" speach taken care of :)

and don't forget to "TEXT SANTA"

Edit....My Bad.....it's BOXSTER who does the league tables mostly for DTD, so I nominate him :)
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: 2015 Community "Thank you"........:
    Tomgoodun Wonderfully written thread. Tom gives a reality check to whiners such as myself 
    Posted by Jac35
    Thank you Paul, I pretty much filled up when I saw this. However....as the prizes are for a certain category it would be wrong for me to be considered, I mean ,it would be like Qatar being awarded the World Cup - that would be crazy.
  • edited December 2015
    For me

No 1 Phantom for the hu tournament, showing great patience with everyone trying to organise games and for the brilliant youtube videos for the draw.

No 2 Churchy for the plo8 tournaments and with assistance from Vespa and Imber.

No 3 RLT for organising the 1k challenge for £3.30 buy in and then £5.50 buy in, he has generated huge amount of gamesfrom this challenge and has easilygained sky £22 in rake.

Ger
  • edited December 2015
    Hi, just read this post. What a lovely gesture.

Very nice to be considered and mentioned in messages.

Although I couldn't have done any of the charity stuff without the support of all the sponsors and competitors involved.

Whilst it would be lovely to receive entry to a £22 UKOPS event, I do play most of the big tournaments on Sky and I'm sure it would be nicer to give it to someone, who would otherwise, not normally get the opportunity to play in a £22 tournament.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited December 2015
    Tomgoodun. A legend amongst men.

The only reason for The Rail to exist.
  • edited December 2015
  • edited December 2015
    I'd like nominate Phantom66 for his great work on the HU competition.
    Which has been a great success. Well it was until the end of round 2
    (gone a bit stale since :P) never the less a worthy nominee.
    GL Phantom.

Regards Alan (plo8, shudda been hu champ)
  • edited December 2015
    TeddyBloat such awesome intellect freely shared.
    P66 who else would buy a bingo machine and youtube the draws. 
    Darkangel who is the most prolific railer in the history of Skypoker even outdoing jjjach. 

And agree with all the Gary dohh TK tomgoody etc so many worthy winners. Even P NTPP J jac should win just to keep him going. 
  • edited December 2015
    TeddyBloat such awesome intellect freely shared. P66 who else would buy a bingo machine and youtube the draws.  Darkangel who is the most prolific railer in the history of Skypoker even outdoing jjjach.  And agree with all the Gary dohh TK tomgoody etc so many worthy winners. Even P NTPP J jac should win just to keep him going. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Geldy is that a good or bad thing? Even got my own railing party called Angel and the railers.

I would say all of the aforementioned people in the posts, too many to mention. But all do a great job organising events and doing a lot for the community. I wish you luck picking from them all.
  • edited December 2015
    My memory is a little wishy-washy, but I think in the distant past various community members received custom table avatars (from memory it was a star) in recognition of their forum contribution.
    You can't really be handing out £22 buy-ins to loads of people, and I'm sure no contributor expects anything in return anyway, but something as simple as that might be nice just as a little gesture. Perhaps award them on an annual basis (have the avatar contain the year). Other players may even see them and be encouraged to get involved more.
  • edited December 2015
    My memory is a little wishy-washy, but I think in the distant past various community members received custom table avatars (from memory it was a star) in recognition of their forum contribution. You can't really be handing out £22 buy-ins to loads of people, and I'm sure no contributor expects anything in return anyway, but something as simple as that might be nice just as a little gesture. Perhaps award them on an annual basis (have the avatar contain the year). Other players may even see them and be encouraged to get involved more.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Nice idea
  • edited December 2015
    My picks - Phantom for organising the  hu comp.
    Hhry for comic genius
    Teddy bloat for intellectual help
    Rlt for the comp he organises
    Dtw and Jono for DTD
    Jac for his contributions in all areas 

• edited December 2015
    ok my picks noseybonk, tomgoodun,paige55,tdw banbit,maxally, goldon, tks best of luck to you all xx
  • edited December 2015
    Seen as i couldnt cajole support i vote for.
    P66 for HU FA
    Darkangel for railing ANd good spirts
    Hggfdssffgh for sharp subliminal wit.
    Aussie for selfless dedication
    Skypoker for providing the whole kaboodle.

• edited January 2016

thank you to everyone who gave me a mention.

• edited January 2016

Ugh, I completely forgot this, apologies.

I'll sort something out in the next few days. It'll be in the next UKOPS now, so no great rush. 

Meanwhile, keep the suggestions coming please.

• edited January 2016
    hey thanks for the nominations.

i dont really play on the site now, so there are many more deserving people.

aussie09, do7h and timmyrara and mumsie would be my nominations
  • edited January 2016
    I would like to nominate drum rollllllzzzzz

Stuarty117 i think hes great

Also maybe RLT16 as just shows if you learn you can become a good player. In 2015 he learnt alot and become a winning player. Also his diary and running our 1000 games dym chall.

• edited January 2016

Very good thread Tikay. The community is only as strong as the people within it. Always nice to see so many active members getting things done.
  • edited January 2016
     Very good thread Tikay. The community is only as strong as the people within it. Always nice to see so many active members getting things done.
    Posted by NChanning
    I vote for Nigel Channing
  • edited January 2016

Goldon for his jokes.

• edited January 2016
    Goldon for his jokes.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    +1