You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

give the great man tk a little pick me up on this thread [ no fighting pretty please / just nice pra

2»

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Tikay you are a true gent, we all love your posts and your poker (except on tuesdays cause I is wiv LML Innit!)

You are a STAR!!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    Here you go, Tikay, enjoy some of this hardcore super-filth Loads of pictures to look at. I hope the moderators don't mind the link as it pretty steamy. If I have to accept a forum ban then so be it. If it makes Tikay smile then it's the price I'll have to pay.
  • edited February 2010
    As a loyal Team LML member, it pains me to say this but.....

TIKAY IS A POKER LEGEND!!!!!

• edited February 2010
    completely agree with every1s comments, the ammount of time and effort that TK puts in is endless, also the words of wisdom are much apreciated. they say the older you get the wiser you get so im guessing thats why TK is the greatess :P no seriously tho site def wouldnt be the same without you, thanks
  • edited February 2010
    Good to see this thread.

Tikay is indeed the great man of Sky Poker.

For his knowledge of the game, (both online and offline), for his dedication and passion for the job, for genuinely caring about all the players, for his tireless energy in helping out on the site, for his brilliant onscreen comedy persona...

...he's just irreplaceable.

Believe me, I've tried.

;)
  • edited February 2010
    PS- I didn't see any of the aggro which Tikay got according to some of these posts, but I did come across this on the web today which gave me a wry smile.

It's for everyone who's ever been the victim of an internet troll- for those of you who don't know what a troll is, here's Wikipedia's definition...

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Anyway, in future troll-situations, or indeed whenever you're next confronted by chatbox idiots who are giving it the large one, it's worth remembering this picture...

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: give the great man tk a little pick me up on this thread [ no fighting pretty please / just nice praise for all the good work he does pleaseeee ]:
    PS- I didn't see any of the aggro which Tikay got according to some of these posts, but I did come across this on the web today which gave me a wry smile. It's for everyone who's ever been the victim of an internet troll- for those of you who don't know what a troll is, here's Wikipedia's definition... In Internet slang , a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum , chat room or blog , with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Anyway, in future troll-situations, or indeed whenever you're next confronted by chatbox idiots who are giving it the large one, it's worth remembering this picture...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Cheers Rich! I've actually been wanting to know what it means for a while now!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: give the great man tk a little pick me up on this thread [ no fighting pretty please / just nice praise for all the good work he does pleaseeee ]:
    Good to see this thread. Tikay is indeed the great man of Sky Poker. For his knowledge of the game, (both online and offline), for his dedication and passion for the job, for genuinely caring about all the players, for his tireless energy in helping out on the site, for his brilliant onscreen comedy persona... ...he's just irreplaceable. Believe me, I've tried. ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD

and you forgot his most important quality ,

his vast knowledge on the mallard duck .

rover and out !
  • edited February 2010
    PS- I didn't see any of the aggro which Tikay got according to some of these posts, but I did come across this on the web today which gave me a wry smile. It's for everyone who's ever been the victim of an internet troll- for those of you who don't know what a troll is, here's Wikipedia's definition... In Internet slang , a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum , chat room or blog , with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Anyway, in future troll-situations, or indeed whenever you're next confronted by chatbox idiots who are giving it the large one, it's worth remembering this picture...
    Posted by RICHORFORD

I have to speak up on this whole subject.

The thread in question related to some action on a cash table. One member of this forum spoke out his objection to this. No personal attack was made on Tikay. The objection was clearly to the principle. The poster made a lucid argument against Sky representatives appearing to favour an individual and at no time did he insult. In subsequent posts the 'objector' was derided for his view. There was some exchange between him and Tikay where both laid out their arguments for and against. The 'objector' on more than one occasion stated that he in no way intended to intimate that Tikay was anything other than fair and ethical. I made a short post agreeing with the original 'objector'. Two other members also vented their opinion that this was wrong. The vast majority of posters on the thread 'sided' with Tikay on this subject. The three objectors (but not me) where subjected to a number of remarks suggesting they 'leave', 'grow up', 'get real', 'lay off Tikay' etc. At no point that I can find in the thread did they (the objectors) insult or act in any way other than with great respect for Tikay. In fact on a number of occasions they openly stated their admiration for the man. The 'trolling' came in the disguise of support for Tikay, not from those who objected to the principle in question.

There was a difference of opinion on what is to be fair a tricky question. Unfortunately rather than being debated the thread became a 'whose side are you on' slanging match. This particular thread is not needed. Tikay's reputation was never in question. At no point was he bullied. If a member disagrees with something that is the point of view of Tikay, or any member of Sky staff for that matter then that should be OK. 

As I said in another post: Tikay's a big lad, and why anyone should think he needs this kind of thread initiating because three or four people disagreed with him is beyond me. Tikay's commitment and professionalism goes without saying. If someone wants to celebrate that by posting a thank you thread then that's just great. To tag it onto the other thread is wrong. If people can't have a disagreement with Tkay, Rich or anyone else at Sky without being effectively ganged up on, I don't want any part of this forum. The moderators should have been active yesterday. Allowing the false situation of Tikay's martyrdom to arise is just ridiculous.

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: give the great man tk a little pick me up on this thread [ no fighting pretty please / just nice praise for all the good work he does pleaseeee ] : I have to speak up on this whole subject. The thread in question related to some action on a cash table. One member of this forum spoke out his objection to this. No personal attack was made on Tikay . The objection was clearly to the principle. The poster made a lucid argument against Sky representatives appearing to favour an individual and at no time did he insult. In subsequent posts the 'objector' was derided for his view. There was some exchange between him and Tikay where both laid out their arguments for and against. The 'objector' on more than one occasion stated that he in no way intended to intimate that Tikay was anything other than fair and ethical. I made a short post agreeing with the original 'objector'. Two other members also vented their opinion that this was wrong. The vast majority of posters on the thread 'sided' with Tikay on this subject. The three objectors (but not me) where subjected to a number of remarks suggesting they 'leave', 'grow up', 'get real', 'lay off Tikay' etc. At no point that I can find in the thread did they (the objectors) insult or act in any way other than with great respect for Tikay . In fact on a number of occasions they openly stated their admiration for the man. The 'trolling' came in the disguise of support for Tikay , not from those who objected to the principle in question. There was a difference of opinion on what is to be fair a tricky question. Unfortunately rather than being debated the thread became a 'whose side are you on' slanging match. This particular thread is not needed. Tikay's reputation was never in question. At no point was he bullied. If a member disagrees with something that is the point of view of Tikay , or any member of Sky staff for that matter then that should be OK.  As I said in another post: Tikay's a big lad, and why anyone should think he needs this kind of thread initiating because three or four people disagreed with him is beyond me. Tikay's commitment and professionalism goes without saying. If someone wants to celebrate that by posting a thank you thread then that's just great. To tag it onto the other thread is wrong. If people can't have a disagreement with Tkay , Rich or anyone else at Sky without being effectively ganged up on, I don't want any part of this forum. The moderators should have been active yesterday, allowing the false situation of Tikay's martyrdom to arise is just ridiculous.
    Posted by elsadog

i think all the posters on this thread agree with this.

i think this thread has served it purpose .

i started the thread  now i  wish skyrich close it down if possible .

rover and out !

yep sure ty rich !
  • edited February 2010