You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fixing the river

There must be some way to do it.....

Skybet are taking the proverbial  on the river with me continually over these past few months.

Would happily debate with a skybet rep...... please look over past hands and try to state otherwise.....

Have some people an ability to manipulate the system or is it corrupt.

Should have won 80- 90% of hands before river and lost them alll

Something stinks

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Simply post up the last 50 hands that you saw a river with and we can check them over for you
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Fixing the river:
    There must be some way to do it..... Skybet are taking the proverbial  on the river with me continually over these past few months. Would happily debate with a skybet rep...... please look over past hands and try to state otherwise..... Have some people an ability to manipulate the system or is it corrupt. Should have won 80- 90% of hands before river and lost them alll Something stinks
    Posted by 100percent
    I feel your pain bro, post the history and prove the sharkscope evidence a false flag.
  • edited December 2015
    Even if you are tight (play AA, KK, QQ, AK only) and see the flop, you can get outdrawn so many times and ignore the draws on board or fact your opponent picked up 2 pair or lucked out with a set. Lucky river cards often follow poor post flop play... Not saying you weren't screwed over many times, we all are, but you have to look at preflop, flop and turn before saying the river is fixed. 
  • edited December 2015
    Roll up roll up could be a good one

• edited December 2015

I agree with the OP 110%.
  • edited December 2015
    The fact no skybet rep has yet to enter this thread to answer the gentlemen proves the rivers are fixed!
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Fixing the river:
    There must be some way to do it..... Skybet are taking the proverbial  on the river with me continually over these past few months. Would happily debate with a skybet rep...... please look over past hands and try to state otherwise..... Have some people an ability to manipulate the system or is it corrupt. Should have won 80- 90% of hands before river and lost them alll Something stinks
    Posted by 100percent
    I feel your pain also as many many times I have been way in front with a much better hand and still lost. Yet when the boot is on the other foot and I am behind I also lose then so I am with you 100%. It seems so incredible that such good hands keep losing when I see such ragged hands as 73os or 62os beating AA (pre flop all-ins) time after time because nobody in their right mind would call an all-in with those type of hands as they would be mucked straight away.

• edited December 2015
    One persons loss is another persons gain.   Heads up

Three persons loss is three person gain.      Sit & Go

Fifty players loss is Three players win.         Tourny

Five Hundred players loss is one players £10   Freeroll

For every bad beat theres a good one.        The winner.

Never said it was fair ............ but it is fun.?
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Fixing the river:
    I've had worse a few times, Raise pre flop (about 3x blinds) called by 1 Flop AQ3  I go all in, he calls... AA v 93 Turn 3 River 3 I have seen far too many quads or 4x same suit on board and someone having won with 2h or the like.... I think the hands are all pre dealt and are designed for upsets.
    Posted by Tlaloc666

What do you mean by "pre dealt"?

• edited December 2015
    The fact no skybet rep has yet to enter this thread to answer the gentlemen proves the rivers are fixed!
    Posted by alex1229

if thats the case can i complain that i have never won the super roller and if i dont get a reply its coz its fixed?
    the fact i have never entered it should not matter in this instance :)
  • edited December 2015
    Its a database where hands have already been dealt (not totally random) but a quick way to run.

Hand # seat1  seat2  seat3  seat4  seat5  seat6   Board
    123456 AsAc   9d3d   9d8h   Qd4d   Kh2h  Kd7h    Ah Qc 3h 3s 3c
    123457 KsKh   QhQc  AcAd   JcJd     ThTs   9s9c     9h Tc Jh Qd Kc

etc....

There are multiple ways to program a poker game, another is to have 52 cards and deal using a random number between 1 and 52

or

Have cards 1-52 and shuffle these and deal from top of pile...

all are random really... its up to players to decide how much to bet and how to play their hands.

• edited December 2015
    Its a database where hands have already been dealt (not totally random) but a quick way to run. Hand # seat1  seat2  seat3  seat4  seat5  seat6   Board 123456 AsAc   9d3d   9d8h   Qd4d   Kh2h  Kd7h    Ah Qc 3h 3s 3c 123457 KsKh   QhQc  AcAd   JcJd     ThTs   9s9c     9h Tc Jh Qd Kc etc.... There are multiple ways to program a poker game, another is to have 52 cards and deal using a random number between 1 and 52 or Have cards 1-52 and shuffle these and deal from top of pile... all are random really... its up to players to decide how much to bet and how to play their hands.
    Posted by Tlaloc666
    Thats intresting that you think that.

So somone has written a   program, for poker sites.. a hand dealing "app" , these  hands are then recorded in a database  , then they are re-dealt for a 2nd time at the tables ? 

Ill need some convincing that someone would go to the trouble when rake is where the site makes its profit, not how the hands pan out.

• edited December 2015
    Its a database where hands have already been dealt (not totally random) but a quick way to run. Hand # seat1  seat2  seat3  seat4  seat5  seat6   Board 123456 AsAc   9d3d   9d8h   Qd4d   Kh2h  Kd7h    Ah Qc 3h 3s 3c 123457 KsKh   QhQc  AcAd   JcJd     ThTs   9s9c     9h Tc Jh Qd Kc etc.... There are multiple ways to program a poker game, another is to have 52 cards and deal using a random number between 1 and 52 or Have cards 1-52 and shuffle these and deal from top of pile... all are random really... its up to players to decide how much to bet and how to play their hands.
    Posted by Tlaloc666
    You are incorrect.

• edited December 2015
    I am NOT agreeing with this thread..   There is no way Sky "fix" the river. The person with the best hand has already been decided...  the person that wins the pot may NOT be the person with the "best" hand...   Everyone has been in the position where they folded the "best" hand pre flop :)

I've folded 22 because of a big raise and re raise etc  and flop has been 22A  :( thats poker :)

I've seen other threads that say the big stack win more...  well yes they do...  because they see more flops!!

• edited December 2015
                                               Hi,
                                                         What format are you playing and at what stakes?
                                                                                                                               If you're playing small stakes MTTs or SnGs you will be called by loose hands cos the players in this field don't care about a a couple of quid if they have outs,no matter how strained they are!
                                              Without you showing the hands in question its hard to make a more detailed response.I'm afraid suck-outs are common and we all love to hit them,we just don't like to be on the wrong end of them.It can often seem that the game is rigged but why would a multi-million betting syndicate pick on you solely?
                                                                                                                                               Hope you run better mate,
                                                                                                                                                                                    Jim
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Fixing the river : Thats intresting that you think that. So somone has written a   program, for poker sites.. a hand dealing "app" , these  hands are then recorded in a database  , then they are re-dealt for a 2nd time at the tables ?  Ill need some convincing that someone would go to the trouble when rake is where the site makes its profit, not how the hands pan out.
    Posted by mumsie
                                               Absolutely!
                                                              There are many BOT programs that can be deployed by people who know computer stuff and they simply play the percentages.T

hey even have BOT tourny's where universities play their programs against each other.
                                                                                                                                 Jim
  • edited December 2015
    My problem is when two people are all in pre flop and one hand is dominated by the other by having one card covered.

The way I play I believe that if you read someone and they push all in and you call with a hand that covered them. You have made a good pre flop call.

e.g. 

Fish pushes Ace rag and you call with AK-AJ to see you called it right and he has A8 or something similar.

My question is, in all my years of playing live and on various websites, why is it that on sky, the underdog will win far more often than they should. In these situations there is only 3 cards in the entire deck that can save them, while you have options that would kill them off, and also with the chance that no one hits and your kicker cleans up. It is around 25% chance they will beat you and I respect that. That does not mean that one in four times you will lose. That means each time the player has a 25% chance which does not improve with each hand he gets dominated on.

What I simply mean is a coin is 50/50 for tails or heads. It means each time you flip each side has a 50% chance of winning. It does not mean that over the course of 10 hands, there will be 5 tails and 5 heads.

However, on sky it seems that underdogs have a much more higher percentage and that is poor. The RNG needs improving in my opinion because it is no good enough in trying to replicate the random cards of a real deal. It almost works against.

Im not the type of player that likes pre flop allins, unless with AA really, but when I do read a player and I do make the right call, I am punished more than I am rewarded. And this mainly happens on sky over ALL other places I have played on.

Any thoughts or advise on why that is?
  • edited December 2015
    My problem is when two people are all in pre flop and one hand is dominated by the other by having one card covered. The way I play I believe that if you read someone and they push all in and you call with a hand that covered them. You have made a good pre flop call. e.g.  Fish pushes Ace rag and you call with AK-AJ to see you called it right and he has A8 or something similar. My question is, in all my years of playing live and on various websites, why is it that on sky, the underdog will win far more often than they should. In these situations there is only 3 cards in the entire deck that can save them, while you have options that would kill them off, and also with the chance that no one hits and your kicker cleans up. It is around 25% chance they will beat you and I respect that. That does not mean that one in four times you will lose. That means each time the player has a 25% chance which does not improve with each hand he gets dominated on. What I simply mean is a coin is 50/50 for tails or heads. It means each time you flip each side has a 50% chance of winning. It does not mean that over the course of 10 hands, there will be 5 tails and 5 heads. However, on sky it seems that underdogs have a much more higher percentage and that is poor. The RNG needs improving in my opinion because it is no good enough in trying to replicate the random cards of a real deal. It almost works against. Im not the type of player that likes pre flop allins, unless with AA really, but when I do read a player and I do make the right call, I am punished more than I am rewarded. And this mainly happens on sky over ALL other places I have played on. Any thoughts or advise on why that is?
    Posted by Gamer11
    Merry Christmas.
  • edited December 2015
    My problem is when two people are all in pre flop and one hand is dominated by the other by having one card covered. The way I play I believe that if you read someone and they push all in and you call with a hand that covered them. You have made a good pre flop call. e.g.  Fish pushes Ace rag and you call with AK-AJ to see you called it right and he has A8 or something similar. My question is, in all my years of playing live and on various websites, why is it that on sky, the underdog will win far more often than they should. In these situations there is only 3 cards in the entire deck that can save them, while you have options that would kill them off, and also with the chance that no one hits and your kicker cleans up. It is around 25% chance they will beat you and I respect that. That does not mean that one in four times you will lose. That means each time the player has a 25% chance which does not improve with each hand he gets dominated on. What I simply mean is a coin is 50/50 for tails or heads. It means each time you flip each side has a 50% chance of winning. It does not mean that over the course of 10 hands, there will be 5 tails and 5 heads. However, on sky it seems that underdogs have a much more higher percentage and that is poor. The RNG needs improving in my opinion because it is no good enough in trying to replicate the random cards of a real deal. It almost works against. Im not the type of player that likes pre flop allins, unless with AA really, but when I do read a player and I do make the right call, I am punished more than I am rewarded. And this mainly happens on sky over ALL other places I have played on. Any thoughts or advise on why that is?
    Posted by Gamer11

If you go to the promo page and type in the promo code NMBB (no more bad beats) this wont happen again.

seriously though its in your head
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Fixing the river : If you go to the promo page and type in the promo code NMBB (no more bad beats) this wont happen again. seriously though its in your head
    Posted by RLT16

Exactly where is this RLT, I looked for over an hour......?
  • edited December 2015
    So the suggestion that the RNG has some issues goes out the window. Sky poker must be perfect then. My mistake.

First n last post on this forum. I make most of my money live anyway. Why do I even care.

Happy Holidays.
  • edited December 2015
    So the suggestion that the RNG has some issues goes out the window. Sky poker must be perfect then. My mistake. First n last post on this forum. I make most of my money live anyway. Why do I even care. Happy Holidays.
    Posted by Gamer11
    Good point, cos we certainly don't.
  • edited December 2015
    100percent - It must be difficult when you're a losing player, maybe you need to look at your own game or the type of games you're playing. By your Sharkscope records you seem to play a lot of Turbo SNG's and timed tournaments, these tend to be more loose, that's the nature of the beast. I realise that not everyone has a few hours to spend on poker but the type of games you play will generally play out differently.

If you think a huge corporation like Sky would fix hands then who are they fixing them to? Why would Sky risk such a thing to benefit one player over another? If you play enough games you will see most sequences and results of hands. Play the players not the cards, look at the way your playing and if you're not getting the results then change something or get some tuition, many people on here will help you if you post some hands (maybe not me as I'm only average).

Good luck on the tables for the future

Steve
  • edited December 2015
     Its not random  .......... if you think it is you are disillusioned  ..... it is programmed to put out certain sequences that change given certain cards coming down.  This has already been proven and that only live dealt cards are indeed random.   TK    tell me I'm wrong ?

• edited December 2015
     Its not random  .......... if you think it is you are disillusioned  ..... it is programmed to put out certain sequences that change given certain cards coming down.  This has already been proven and that only live dealt cards are indeed random.   TK    tell me I'm wrong ?  
    Posted by goldon
    You dont need TK to tell you,

I will, you are wrong
  • edited December 2015
  • edited December 2015
    1. Different sites use different RNG and algorithms but with the same goal - to achieve a fair poker game as true to the real game with a real deal. My suggestion that sky's could need improving gets gunned down as a joke. So much for discussion.

2. I never said the hands were fixed. If I felt that to be true I would get my evidence and take it down a legal route than discuss it here.

3. Every algorithm for any poker sites have their downfalls no matter how much the site works to minize it. If there was a site that could actually produce random hands then everyone would be playing there. So no site is perfect.

4. Why comment if you have nothing good to say? Firstly, thank you Steve (kalooki8) for your perspective. I probably do see a lot more looser players and play the variance a lot more with less reward for it playing SNG. But like you notice its hard for me to find 3-4 hours for a tournament. Secondly, if players come here frustrated at the site, dont' you think it would be better to show them something that would help them instead of just defending your precious sky poker like it was God sent. Well I hate to break the news to you...but there are better sites and worser sites than sky...it aint the holy grail.

5. I enjoy sky poker and I am not a losing player and I have never seen a negative balance. I guess I was just frustrated over the Christmas that when I thought I might have time to play a little more poker I got swamped with family and found myself with less time. So maybe I was rushing my game a little when I was playing and got to see a little more hands than usual and got the worst end of the variance on that occasion. 

- But its nice to know if ever I have any issues there is a bag of jokers on the forums to discuss them with. So thank you for a quick lesson learnt not to bother again with this forum. And I hope the next frustrated player that comes along, you sad people will have something better to say than your sly jokes for your sad little giggles. 

Gamer Out!!
  • edited December 2015
     Hi Gamer11   "The nature of the Beast"  I play here knowing its not perfect,  by any means   and (like you ) put my money in and am entitled to come onto this thread and express my opinion.   If others don't like it they to are able to say why.   Please do not be bullied by certain people telling you your wrong.  This Question of randomness has been discussed over many years in Area 51 (as it was then known)  and by many players more inteligent than me, and the majority of opinion was Sky was more random than most sites but not perfectly random.
      As I have said before in this thread only live dealt cards can be truly called random.  Because they are not Computer generated. ?    my op.
  • edited December 2015
     Hi Gamer11   "The nature of the Beast"  I play here knowing its not perfect,  by any means   and (like you ) put my money in and am entitled to come onto this thread and express my opinion.   If others don't like it they to are able to say why.   Please do not be bullied by certain people telling you your wrong.  This Question of randomness has be discussed over many years in Area 51 (as it was then known)  and by many players more inteligent than me, and the majority of opinion was Sky was more random than most sites but not perfectly random.   As I have said before in this thread only live dealt cards can be truly called random.  Because they are not Computer generated. ?    my op.
    Posted by goldon
    It is more easier to fix live cards as there can be human error.

If a program is programmed to RNG then it cant go wrong. 
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Fixing the river : It is more easier to fix live cards as there can be human error. If a program is programmed to RNG then it cant go wrong. 
    Posted by stuarty117[/QUOTE

You 10 per %er    Can't deal from the bottom of the pack or the middle.!  burn card,!   Know which I would trust more for being random.  It's what it is "Marmite"