You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PL08 Challenge for 2016 - It's a Marathon not a Sprint

Comments

• edited July 2016
    well finishing up for the night.
    table stands at...

PLO8 DYMWONLOSTPLAYED
    5.50 11
    TOTAL21728
  • edited August 2016
    didnt even realise CHALLENGE COMPLETE played 1000 won 507 at least it was over 50% thanks ger wont need to bother you again
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: PL08 Challenge for 2016 - It's a Marathon not a Sprint:
    didnt even realise CHALLENGE COMPLETE played 1000 won 507 at least it was over 50% thanks ger wont need to bother you again
    Posted by weecheez1
    Well done for completing.

That will make you 2nd on the leaderboard.
  • edited August 2016
    Short winning run brought to an end by the champ tonight but at least back over 50%.

I'm 84/165 now.

OP updated with new entrant Chris_Mc and new 2nd place leaderboard for mr cheez.
  • edited August 2016
    Cheers for adding me. A change though since thise stats.

Currently

125 played. 70 won. 
  • edited August 2016
    Hello, it's been a while.

Just reached the halfway house.  286/500.

Presumably, as it's a challenge for 2016, the challenge for most will be to get it finished?!
  • edited August 2016
    Hello, it's been a while. Just reached the halfway house.  286/500. Presumably, as it's a challenge for 2016, the challenge for most will be to get it finished?!
    Posted by bbMike
    It will be for me, that and not going broke trying :-)
  • edited September 2016
    Ok been a while.

I am now 102/194 = 52.6%

If anyone else wants to update I'll get the table refreshed before my hols.
  • edited September 2016
    Giving this a bump, haven't had a lot of time for PLO8 whilst the points promos are on as I can make points (and lose cash) much faster on the NLH games.

My half-marathon result is just above Phantom, I'm somewhere around the 570 mark in games atm but I like to update in round numbers.

• edited September 2016
    OP Updated including bbMike's appearance on the half marathon leaderboard.

I managed 3/3 last night in spite of a malfunctioning pointer on my keyboard to be 105/197.

Guaranteed a profitable 2nd 100 games after a disasterous 1st 100.
  • edited September 2016
    Just completed 200 +1 for luck

W              P          %
    108 201 53.73%
    2nd 100 was 58/200, about where I think should be. Hopefully that rate will continue for a while.

Any more updates before I do the OP?

The champ and 67Bhoys have gone very quiet...
  • edited September 2016
    just waiting to hit the 1k 
    Should be done in the next  few days .

• edited September 2016
    Hi all,

I'm not officially in this but I hit the 500 mark a while ago, with 306/500 for 61.2% or so.

The next couple of hundred have been way more raggy though and I had a massively slump which has dropped me down to 405/708 for roughly 57.20%
  • edited September 2016
    Hi adz, sorry you are not "officially" in, not that you are losing out on much, like a prize or anything. 

I have been happy to accept "late" entries, with the only proviso that results should count from after the declaration of joining.

Still, some good numbers there, WP. Always helps to track your results and feel free to keep posting here.

When I started this I expected to be playing mainly PLO8 this year with the aim of gettign through 1000, it looks increasingly unlikely I will do that. Partly the bad start didnt help, but then all of the great Rewards Accelerator and Happy Days keep me off the PLO8 tables too.

As the nights draw in I expect I will get more PLO8 running, I certainly get more enjoyment out of the game and the atmosphere on the tables. May just have to revise my personal target to 500 for the year though.

• edited September 2016
    Hi 

293 played and 177 wins

60.4% winrate. 

Probabaly only get 500 myself as this is my 2nd choice game. Still on course for 300.wins.
  • edited September 2016
    Hi adz, sorry you are not "officially" in, not that you are losing out on much, like a prize or anything.  I have been happy to accept "late" entries, with the only proviso that results should count from after the declaration of joining. Still, some good numbers there, WP. Always helps to track your results and feel free to keep posting here. When I started this I expected to be playing mainly PLO8 this year with the aim of gettign through 1000, it looks increasingly unlikely I will do that. Partly the bad start didnt help, but then all of the great Rewards Accelerator and Happy Days keep me off the PLO8 tables too. As the nights draw in I expect I will get more PLO8 running, I certainly get more enjoyment out of the game and the atmosphere on the tables. May just have to revise my personal target to 500 for the year though.
    Posted by Phantom66

Hi Phantom,

No worries at all, that's cool. The results are from roughly March/April as that's when I started playing on Sky. Had I known about the forum and this thread at the time I'd have signed up then but I only found out about them both in the last couple of months by which point I was already a few hundred games in.

Yeah, tracking numbers and games is handy. I was seeing a girl a few years back and she was a whizz with excel and made an awesome spreadsheet for me so I've been tracking all my results with that for about 10 years or so.

Reading that back, it seems I should probably get out more...

Adzzz

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: PL08 Challenge for 2016 - It's a Marathon not a Sprint : Hi Phantom, No worries at all, that's cool. The results are from roughly March/April as that's when I started playing on Sky. Had I known about the forum and this thread at the time I'd have signed up then but I only found out about them both in the last couple of months by which point I was already a few hundred games in. Yeah, tracking numbers and games is handy. I was seeing a girl a few years back and she was a whizz with excel and made an awesome spreadsheet for me so I've been tracking all my results with that for about 10 years or so. Reading that back, it seems I should probably get out more... Adzzz
    Posted by adzbo
    Such a romantic.....

"So, what was it that attracted you to her?"

Phwoarr, she had a lovely pair of spreadsheets.....
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: PL08 Challenge for 2016 - It's a Marathon not a Sprint : Such a romantic..... "So, what was it that attracted you to her?" Phwoarr, she had a lovely pair of spreadsheets.....
    Posted by Tikay10

Ha! And they say romance is dead, right?! Clearly when I lived in Leeds romance was still alive and kicking!
  • edited September 2016
                                 Results in for 1,000 games for ajmilton

I wasn't expecting miracles which is just as well, because i didn't get one.
    At the start of the year i didn't actually think i would complete 1.000 games.
    as a matter of fact i'm 59 games into the next 1,000

My realist goal was for 51%, well i fell short of that. 

According to ger and dodgy knowledge of sharkscope 
    my win rate was 486.....= 48.6%
    fill yer boots Craig lad (ohh, i await  the backlash )

Regards Alan (plo8 champ obv's not dym's) *this time*
  • edited September 2016
  • edited September 2016
                                 Results in for 1,000 games for ajmilton I wasn't expecting miracles which is just as well, because i didn't get one. At the start of the year i didn't actually think i would complete 1.000 games. as a matter of fact i'm 59 games into the next 1,000 My realist goal was for 51%, well i fell short of that.  According to ger and dodgy knowledge of sharkscope  my win rate was 486.....= 48.6% fill yer boots Craig lad (ohh, i await  the backlash ) Regards Alan (plo8 champ obv's not dym's) *this time*
    Posted by ajmilton

You're still a champ in my eyes mr Milton.

If I could be so bold as to try and offer a suggestion re DYM play (you dont need it for MTTs as A UKOPS champ) read Tikay's reply to adzbo on "gap theory". 

• edited September 2016
  • edited September 2016
  • edited September 2016
    Funny that a couple of players entered this and its now September and they have posted no results! 

Some strange people out there :D.
  • edited September 2016
    Made it to 600 tonight.

346/600.

I've also been playing way more holdem DYMs due to attractive points promos lately, may miss the 2016 deadline!
  • edited September 2016
  • edited September 2016
    OP Updated.

I'll keep the "non-reporters" up for now just in case.

If I don't hear from them by the end of October I'll drop them.

• edited September 2016
    OP Updated. I'll keep the "non-reporters" up for now just in case. If I don't hear from them by the end of October I'll drop them.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Phant you have forgot about me #sigh
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: PL08 Challenge for 2016 - It's a Marathon not a Sprint : Phant you have forgot about me #sigh
    Posted by stuarty117

To be fair, that's easily done.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: PL08 Challenge for 2016 - It's a Marathon not a Sprint : To be fair, that's easily done.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i dont like you anymore