You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

H-UP (TLB2015 CHARITY COMP - £4,188 RAISED FOR CHARITY) FINAL HEADS UP RESULT IS IN

Comments

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: HEADS UP (TLB2015 CHARITY COMP) SEMI FINAL DRAW MADE:
    Graham, I saw earlier in the thread you said 6-7 is a good time for you? if thats still the case then i can do any day at 7
    Posted by jordz16

Today at 7 is good Jordz.

If it's not too soon after your quarter final. Wouldn't want you being fatigued :=)

If not, then tomorrow is OK. I'm probably playing live Fri-Sun.

If you could confirm on this thread, that would be great.

Cheers,

Graham

• edited January 2016
    7pm today it is :)
  • edited January 2016
    7pm today it is :)
    Posted by jordz16
    Great, will find you in chat. Speed OK?

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    yeah fine mate
  • edited January 2016
    yeah fine mate
    Posted by jordz16

No worries if you can't start before 7pm, but 6.30pm, 6.45pm would be better, so finish b4 7.30pm BH and main event etc.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    I should be able to make 6.45.. I wont be playing any other tables then so you wont be able to find me on chat but il set a reminder on my phone so il be checking the lobby dead on 6.45
  • edited January 2016
    I should be able to make 6.45.. I wont be playing any other tables then so you wont be able to find me on chat but il set a reminder on my phone so il be checking the lobby dead on 6.45
    Posted by jordz16

I'll be playing the 6PM £22 BH, so find me there, assuming I'm still in.

If not, I'll register for a $1.05 Speed SNG at 6.45pm.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    Busted the 6pm, but just finding a £1.03 Speed SNG now.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    You around tonight maxxy
    I mean Mr Maxally sir?
  • edited January 2016
    You around tonight maxxy I mean Mr Maxally sir?
    Posted by GELDY
    I know you're playing - I can see you on the tables - even chat to you - but no chat back :-(
  • edited January 2016
    Hi Jordz.

When is a good time for you to complete our match?

For me, either after midnight tonight, or 6.45pm tomorrow is good too.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016

Thank you for the games Geldy Sir, a true gentleman on this forum.

After storming into a 3 nil lead thanks to quads and the deck in my favour, Geldy staged a comeback to put the score 3:2. I was resigned to the fact that he would take it to the decider and become fav until his set of queens were no match for my 42. I had thankfully flopped the flush with them and some how held.

I go into the final after my 4, 2 victory.

How is the draw going to be done for the final?...live on Sky Sports?....breakfast tv?.....MOTD?...;)
  • edited January 2016
    Thank you for the games Geldy Sir, a true gentleman on this forum. After storming into a 3 nil lead thanks to quads and the deck in my favour, Geldy staged a comeback to put the score 3:2. I was resigned to the fact that he would take it to the decider and become fav until his set of queens were no match for my 42. I had thankfully flopped the flush with them and some how held. I go into the final after my 4, 2 victory. How is the draw going to be done for the final?...live on Sky Sports?....breakfast tv?.....MOTD?...;)
    Posted by MAXALLY

Conrats MAX. UL GELDY!

Should I happen to get through, we might need an independant neutral person to do the draw for home advantage :=)

I would probably choose TURBO if at home, how about you? If same, we don't need to worry.

Anyhow lets see how the continuation against Jordz goes first, it might be a mute point.

BTW, whatever happens you will have your "ID" on the cup MAX. :=)

As it will say "ID_A" bt "ID_B" 5-x

So just a case of being either ID_A or B :=)

Jordz and I had a postponement due to the state of the pitch :=( However pitch is in good condition again now, just awaiting to re-schedule.

Will let you know when Jordz and I complete, I lead 3-1, but will my luck last?

Cheers,

Graham

• edited January 2016
    Thank you for the games Geldy Sir, a true gentleman on this forum. After storming into a 3 nil lead thanks to quads and the deck in my favour, Geldy staged a comeback to put the score 3:2. I was resigned to the fact that he would take it to the decider and become fav until his set of queens were no match for my 42. I had thankfully flopped the flush with them and some how held. I go into the final after my 4, 2 victory. How is the draw going to be done for the final?...live on Sky Sports?....breakfast tv?.....MOTD?...;)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Sounds like it was a right good ding d0ng!

WP.
  • edited January 2016
    Posted by MAXALLY

I have to hand it to you. If there's anyone who has been able to run hotter than Geldy then it was Uncle Maxally. I'm just pleased I avoided the whitewash. glgl in the final. #sponsorsunited. 

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: HEADS UP (TLB2015 CHARITY COMP) SEMI FINAL DRAW MADE : Conrats MAX. UL GELDY! Should I happen to get through, we might need an independant neutral person to do the draw for home advantage :=) I would probably choose TURBO if at home, how about you? If same, we don't need to worry. Anyhow lets see how the continuation against Jordz goes first, it might be a mute point. BTW, whatever happens you will have your "ID" on the cup MAX. :=) As it will say "ID_A" bt "ID_B" 5-x So just a case of being either ID_A or B :=) Jordz and I had a postponement due to the state of the pitch :=( However pitch is in good condition again now, just awaiting to re-schedule. Will let you know when Jordz and I complete, I lead 3-1, but will my luck last? Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo

i gave up with poker completely last night after the issues.  what is the earliest you can do today/tonight?
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: HEADS UP (TLB2015 CHARITY COMP) SEMI FINAL DRAW MADE : i gave up with poker completely last night after the issues.  what is the earliest you can do today/tonight?
    Posted by jordz16

Can play now Jordz if you are ready!

Will be playing 3PM £22 BH
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: HEADS UP (TLB2015 CHARITY COMP) SEMI FINAL DRAW MADE : Can play now Jordz if you are ready! Will be playing 3PM £22 BH
    Posted by StayOrGo

would help if you would check your chatbox! ;)
  • edited January 2016
    GL in final Graham. Put me out of my misery would I have been ahead in that hand if i had heroed you with 10J?
  • edited January 2016
    GL in final Graham. Put me out of my misery would I have been ahead in that hand if i had heroed you with 10J?
    Posted by jordz16

I can't remember. What hand was it?

I'll have a look at Hand History, if you let me know the details/flop, but I am genuinely not sure which hand you mean :=)

Cheers,

Graham

• edited January 2016
    Final score: StayOrGo 4 - jordz16 3.

A great fight back by jordz16. I just got lucky in the last, with a turn that gave me a straight and jordz top pair.

Great game mate! UL

So Mr MAXALLY, me and you sir. Final is best of 9 (must win by two clear games)

Any "neutral" want to make the draw for home advantage?

I could do it myself, but having been drawn at home 3 times, I wouldn't want to be accused of fixing the draw. :=)

Let me know when's good for you MAX.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: HEADS UP (TLB2015 CHARITY COMP) SEMI FINAL DRAW MADE : I can't remember. What hand was it? I'll have a look at Hand History, if you let me know the details/flop, but I am genuinely not sure which hand you mean :=) Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo

the final game where you 3 barrelled the K10x flop. 
  • edited January 2016
    Think you mean this one jordz. It was a good fold. I had KQ:

Hand History #993633946 (15:53 21/01/2016)
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    jordz16  Small blind   15.00  15.00  1380.00
    StayOrGo  Big blind   30.00  45.00  1575.00
       Your hole cards
    Q
    K

jordz16  Raise   45.00  90.00  1335.00
    StayOrGo  Raise   150.00  240.00  1425.00
    jordz16  Call   120.00  360.00  1215.00
    Flop

K

StayOrGo  Bet   180.00  540.00  1245.00
    jordz16  Call   180.00  720.00  1035.00
    Turn

StayOrGo  Bet   360.00  1080.00  885.00
    jordz16  Call   360.00  1440.00  675.00
    River

StayOrGo  All-in   885.00  2325.00  0.00
    jordz16  Fold   
    StayOrGo  Muck   
    StayOrGo  Win   1440.00   1440.00
    StayOrGo  Return   885.00  0.00  2325.00
  • edited January 2016
    Ah well atleast i didnt throw my chance away then!
  • edited January 2016
    Ah well atleast i didnt throw my chance away then!
    Posted by jordz16

No, you played well mate! I just got the breaks at the crucial stages.

All the best with the TLB comp for 2016!

Thanks for supporting it.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    Final score: StayOrGo 4 - jordz16 3. A great fight back by jordz16. I just got lucky in the last, with a turn that gave me a straight and jordz top pair. Great game mate! UL So Mr MAXALLY , me and you sir. Final is best of 9 (must win by two clear games) Any "neutral" want to make the draw for home advantage? Using: https://www.daftlogic.com/projects-cup-fixture-generator.htm I could do it myself, but having been drawn at home 3 times, I wouldn't want to be accused of fixing the draw. :=) Let me know when's good for you MAX. Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo

Evening Graham. Not on line tonight but will be able to play Fri/Sat or Sun night. Maybe an early evening start Sat or Sun might be best for both of us?.

Let us know mate. Oh, i will let you be the home player as long as we can play speed format ;)
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: HEADS UP (TLB2015 CHARITY COMP) SEMI FINAL DRAW MADE : Evening Graham. Not on line tonight but will be able to play Fri/Sat or Sun night. Maybe an early evening start Sat or Sun might be best for both of us?. Let us know mate. Oh, i will let you be the home player as long as we can play speed format ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY

Hi MAXALLY. my choice would be TURBO, as you are better than me post flop heads up.

However, thinking about it. Being the FINAL, a slower structure would probably be fairer. So SPEED it is.

I will however, do the draw officially to see who is at "home" (OCD!)

I'm planing to play the GPS at Luton tomorrow and/or Saturday/Sunday. So will be dependant on how I go in that. I am around till late tonight, if you decide you can play today! All the best!

Cheers,

Graham

• edited January 2016
    Guess what, I'm home again. :=) But as agreed, SPEED it is!
  • edited January 2016
    OK, the FINAL is scheduled for today (Saturday 23rd Jan) at 5PM.

Feel free to rail, I'm sure MAXALLY will get a lot of support! :=)

Best of nine, must win by two clear games. GL my friend!

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    Hi MAX, I busted the 3pm, so will not be on any tables, but will check here at 5pm and find a £1.05 SNG HEADS UP SPEED table. If you could post here when you are ready, that would be great.

All the best,

Graham