You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

idiots guide

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
can anybody help me with a easy way to post hands

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Use Firefox browser in 2 windows, for both posting in the forum and copying from your hand history.

Seems to work for me.

Mumsie did a video sure he'll post a link if he sees this.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide:
    Use Firefox browser in 2 windows, for both posting in the forum and copying from your hand history. Seems to work for me. Mumsie did a video sure he'll post a link if he sees this.
    Posted by Phantom66
    thanks phantom
  • edited January 2016
    think i messed up the thread i was trying to post the hand on try it the old fashioned way
      weecheez  6D  AD  5H  9D
      xxx           4S  8S 8H  2S
      flop   7S   5D    3H
      turn   KD
    river  7D

not a big pot but i cant figure out why i never got the low hand
  • edited January 2016
    Hi cheez.

Just seen your hand in the sit n go strategy section. Can't post in there at the moment as I get a window pop up with your hand in it and it stops me clicking new post. (I suggest you delete all your hand histories and try again with firefos).

There are only 3 low cards on the board 753

You have to play your 6 and A

Your low is a 7 low - 7653A

Your opponent can play their 4 and 2.

Therefore their 7 low is 75432

If you tie on the "highest" low card, the second edit:highest decides who has it and so on.
  • edited January 2016
    Hi cheez. Just seen your hand in the sit n go strategy section. Can't post in there at the moment as I get a window pop up with your hand in it and it stops me clicking new post. (I suggest you delete all your hand histories and try again with firefos). There are only 3 low cards on the board 753 You have to play your 6 and A Your low is a 7 low - 7653A Your opponent can play their 4 and 2. Therefore their 7 low is 75432 If you tie on the "highest" low card, the second lowest decides who has it and so on.
    Posted by Phantom66
    thanks again phantom no wonder im losing i was under the impresion that i used the ace and he used the two therefore my hand was lower
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : thanks again phantom no wonder im losing i was under the impresion that i used the ace and he used the two therefore my hand was lower
    Posted by weecheez1

The low does take a bit of getting used to. When I started playing I didnt realise a flush or a straight could still be a low.

Plenty of games to turn it round for the 1000 challenge then.

Have you read the PLO8 hints and guides in the forum and in the "Academy" section. 
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : The low does take a bit of getting used to. When I started playing I didnt realise a flush or a straight could still be a low. Plenty of games to turn it round for the 1000 challenge then. Have you read the PLO8 hints and guides in the forum and in the "Academy" section. 
    Posted by Phantom66
    im sorry not been drinking but im still puzzled how can a seven low with a two be lower than one with an ace
  • edited January 2016
    https://youtu.be/hwc8VzwqiAI

Hi WC. Thats the video.

As for hand advice. I wouldnt bother with  pLO varieties period.
  • edited January 2016
    weecheez,once you get your head around it, it's very easy to understand.
    Hopefully this will help.

Imagine a board 567JK
    Your hand is 2399
    My hand is A88Q

Your low hand is 23567
    My low hand is A5678

YOU win the low hand because YOUR low is 7 high.
    Although I have an ace, I lose because my low is 8 high.

Geddit?

That's simplifying it, but just remember every low hand must be 5 different cards and the best (winning) low hand is the one
    with the smallest value (numerical) of it's highest card.
    Irrespective of there being an ace, 7 high always beats 8 high etc.
  • edited January 2016

^^^^^

Cheezy - that's the perfect way to understand it.

You have an 8 low, Villain has the 7 low. 7 low wins.
  • edited January 2016

Cheezy - that thread you started in SNG Strategy - not sure what you did, or how, but it does weird things when it is opened, & it appeared to take us to your (personal) Hand Histories.

I've deleted it, just in case. Due to that peculiar pop-up, which I've never seen before, it was unreadable anyway.
  • edited January 2016
    Cheezy - that thread you started in SNG Strategy - not sure what you did, or how, but it does weird things when it is opened, & it appeared to take us to your (personal) Hand Histories. I've deleted it, just in case. Due to that peculiar pop-up, which I've never seen before, it was unreadable anyway.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks tk I don't know what I did either lol
  • edited January 2016
    weecheez,once you get your head around it, it's very easy to understand. Hopefully this will help. Imagine a board 567JK Your hand is 2399 My hand is A88Q   Your low hand is 23567 My low hand is A5678 YOU win the low hand because YOUR low is 7 high. Although I have an ace, I lose because my low is 8 high. Geddit? That's simplifying it, but just remember every low hand must be 5 different cards and the best (winning) low hand is the one with the smallest value (numerical) of it's highest card. Irrespective of there being an ace, 7 high always beats 8 high etc.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Thanks macca the thing that's bothering me is we both have 7 lows he has a low 2 I have a low A 
  • edited January 2016
    All this highs within the low haha. Not a game to play after a few sherbets!
    I'm okay with PLO/NLO, but I've been looking at the '8' variant a little bit after seeing the forum interest in it. Would I be right in thinking the nut-low would be the highest low of 87654?

• edited January 2016
    he has 4 and 2 as low cards
    you have a 6 as low cards 

his 4 trumps your 6

• edited January 2016
    All this highs within the low haha. Not a game to play after a few sherbets! I'm okay with PLO/NLO, but I've been looking at the '8' variant a little bit after seeing the forum interest in it. Would I be right in thinking the nut-low would be the highest low of 87654?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Ha. In a word.....no. ;)

The nut low is A-2-3-4-5. Strictly speaking, that is a "5 low", though it's often called "the wheel". It can win the high, too, actually. Scoopio is the WHOLE idea of the game.  
  • edited January 2016
    Palm meet face.

I could program in machine code at 14 but this is too much ha

• edited January 2016
    So the low works downwards from 8, in this instance it went;

board 753  t K  r 7

his low cards are 4 and 2
    your low cards are A and 6

7 6 5 3 A  is your low hand

7 5 4 3 2 is his low hand

So you can see when we work backwards from 8 we hit your card first so you have a worse low

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : Thanks macca the thing that's bothering me is we both have 7 lows he has a low 2 I have a low A 
    Posted by weecheez1
    This is where the confusion is arising cheezy.

You DON'T both have a 7 low.  (In Maca's example).

You can't duplicate the board cards, & the board contained 5-6-7, & no other low cards. So your 5 is a dead card, it has been counterfeited by the board.

So you have 8-A (8 low) & he has 4-2 (7 low).

Are you using - & taking notice of - that "Hand Description" option, which actually TELLS YOU what your best High & Low hand is? It really is very helpful to use that until it becomes instinctive.

• edited January 2016
    Palm meet face. I could program in machine code at 14 but this is too much ha
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    ;)

In fact, 4-5-6-7-8 could win the high. In theory, it could win high and low. Or lose both.....

• edited January 2016
    I know I must be wrong and it has totally scrambled my brain but surely when you are grading a low hand you start from the lowest card if both hands are the same
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : ;) In fact, 4-5-6-7-8 could win the high. In theory, it could win high and low. Or lose both.....  
    Posted by Tikay10

Just realised I mis-read Macac's post, hence my confusions.

• edited January 2016
    I know I must be wrong and it has totally scrambled my brain but surely when you are grading a low hand you start from the lowest card if both hands are the same
    Posted by weecheez1
    No, you count backwards, from the highest down.

I think the point you are missing is this, though - your 5 DOES NOT PLAY, as it is counterfeited by the Board. So you don't have a 5 in your hand, effectively.

3 from the board, 2 from your hand. 

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : Just realised I mis-read Macac's post, hence my confusions.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Easily done, she makes no sense to herself, never mind anyone else. We all ignore her. Or try to.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : This is where the confusion is arising cheezy. You DON'T both have a 7 low.  (In Maca's example). You can't duplicate the board cards, & the board contained 5-6-7, & no other low cards. So your 5 is a dead card, it has been counterfeited by the board.   So you have 8-A (8 low) & he has 4-2 (7 low). Are you using - & taking notice of - that "Hand Description" option, which actually TELLS YOU what your best High & Low hand is? It really is very helpful to use that until it becomes instinctive.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think you misread Teeks, he does have a 7 low but his lowest hole card is 6 oppo has 4
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : No, you count backwards, from the highest down. I think the point you are missing is this, though - your 5 DOES NOT PLAY, as it is counterfeited by the Board. So you don't have a 5 in your hand, effectively. 3 from the board, 2 from your hand.   
    Posted by Tikay10

After reading this (below, from his purpleness) I'd think Weezies hand would win, because his 6 is the 2nd highest (their 2nd highest is a 5). 

There are only 3 low cards on the board 753

You have to play your 6 and A

Your low is a 7 low - 7653A

Your opponent can play their 4 and 2.

Therefore their 7 low is 75432

If you tie on the "highest" low card, the second edit:highest decides who has it and so on.

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : I think you misread Teeks, he does have a 7 low but his lowest hole card is 6 oppo has 4
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    My lowest hole card has got to be the ace surely
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : After reading this (below, from his purpleness) I'd think Weezies hand would win, because his 6 is the 2nd highest (their 2nd highest is a 5).
    Posted by NoseyBonk

5 3 A  is your low hand (weecheez)

7 5 is his low hand (oppo)

So you can see when we work backwards from 8 we hit your card first so you have a worse low

highlighted cards are each players low hole cards
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : My lowest hole card has got to be the ace surely
    Posted by weecheez1

i used to make this mistake all the time, it works back from 8 downwards your 'highest' low card plays first
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : 7  6  5 3  A   is your low hand (weecheez) 7 5  4  3  2  is his low hand (oppo) So you can see when we work backwards from 8 we hit your card first so you have a worse low highlighted cards are each players low hole cards
    Posted by HENDRIK62

Okay, thank you.

I think I misinterpreted "the second edit:highest decides who has it" 

I interpreted "has it" as wins it.