You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

idiots guide

2»

Comments

• edited January 2016

Blimey, we are all getting confused now.

Count BACKWARDS from the 8 down.
  • edited January 2016

Or, even better, USE THE HAND DESCRIPTION OPTION in the software.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide:
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : i used to make this mistake all the time, it works back from 8 downwards your 'highest' low card plays first
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Thanks hendrik I see it now it only took me a day lol going to lie down in a dark room 
  • edited January 2016
    mmmm, i think another example might help.

weecheez hand A238
    my hand 3456
    board A279

weecheez low hand is A2378 (you are using 3 and 8 from your hand, the A and 2 you hold are duplicated on the board so can't be used)
    my low hand is A2347 (I am using A-2-7 from the board and 3-4 from my cards)

I win the low because my highest card is a 7 and yours is an 8.

Does that help?

• edited January 2016
    mmmm, i think another example might help. weecheez hand A238 my hand 3456 board A279 weecheez low hand is A2378 (you are using 3 and 8 from your hand, the A and 2 you hold are duplicated on the board so can't be used) my low hand is A2347 (I am using A-2-7 from the board and 3-4 from my cards) I win the low because my highest card is a 7 and yours is an 8. Does that help?
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Thanks macca hendrik explained it better in the event of a tie it's your highest of your two hole cards that count first I was counting the lowest first
  • edited January 2016

Or in Mac's second example, Maca has the nut low, as she holds 3-4 on a board that is A-2-7-9. So 3-4 MUST be the nuts, nothing lower is possible.  
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : Easily done, she makes no sense to herself, never mind anyone else. We all ignore her. Or try to.
    Posted by Tikay10

Kiss my twiglet.
    I could teach a monkey to play O8, cheezy sure ain't no monkey, so we'll get there.

ps. Interesting fact about apes. They are entering a stone age, just as humans did years ago. Before we know it, Planet Of The Apes will become a reality. Shouldn't take too long in some parts to be fair. Have you ever seen how the youth of today walk about, their general posture? Manchester for example looks like a mass of shaved apes in human clothes.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : Thanks macca hendrik explained it better in the event of a tie it's your highest of your two hole cards that count first I was counting the lowest first
    Posted by weecheez1
    That's it, you gottit!
  • edited January 2016
     My Wife told me ......... "and she's the Highest authority in the Land" ! .......... Look under community cards. ?
  • edited January 2016
    Tikay in cheezes original question there are 2 7 low hands so the hand descriptor doesnt differentiate.

Hendrick seems to be explaining it better than i did.

• edited January 2016
    so, if 2 people have 2 27 low hands the descriptor shows 1 for 2 of 27.
    that clears it up.
  • edited January 2016
    Or, even better, USE THE HAND DESCRIPTION OPTION in the software.
    Posted by Tikay10

Just a quick point on this. I tried years ago to explain this but got blank looks. YES, the hand description is very useful to newbies like me to the game (only playing for Maccy's 10 game thinghy)....however, if you fold it does not show you what you would have had. I honestly think this would really help players learn the game. Other sites do show your hand ranking once folded.

Is this an option for Sky Poker to implement?
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : Just a quick point on this. I tried years ago to explain this but got blank looks. YES, the hand description is very useful to newbies like me to the game (only playing for Maccy's 10 game thinghy)....however, if you fold it does not show you what you would have had. I honestly think this would really help players learn the game. Other sites do show your hand ranking once folded. Is this an option for Sky Poker to implement?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Maybe, but we are supposed to look at it BEFORE we fold.

Anyway, added to list @ #937.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : Maybe, but we are supposed to look at it BEFORE we fold. Anyway, added to list @ #937.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Unless its before level 4 eh?
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: idiots guide : Unless its before level 4 eh?
    Posted by VespaPX
    No idea, never played a hand that early.

PS - you were running pretty bad last night Mick, hope it changes today.