You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LAG AND SITTING OUT PLZ FIX

2»

Comments

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: LAG AND SITTING OUT PLZ FIX:
    I can't advise others what to do, as it is affecting everyone differently, but I've quit my session, as it was so laggy. I've been told again that it's site-wide, so quite a headache, but all Engineers are on the case as highest priority, obviously.   If I hear any more, I'll let you know, assuming I can access the Forum, even that is flaky.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Had to stop playing also. Seemed like the only solution. 

Was thinking that it was my server provider.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: LAG AND SITTING OUT PLZ FIX : Had to stop playing also. Seemed like the only solution.  Was thinking that it was my server provider.
    Posted by yuranASSet
    I logged off, cooked some dinner, & watched the England v Australia Netball, as some reprobate had given me a tip (which won - JUST), then the end of Leicester v Spurs.

I generally play 30 DYM's per night - rarely more, or less, I like things to be orderly - but I'd only played 10, so after the football, I Logged back on & played 5 more, but then the traffic died, so ended with 15 games. The PLO8 DYM's always "die" at around 10.30pm.

The odd thing was I made a tidy profit, approx. £0.50 per game, despite one game where the Table refused to open, & so I never played a hand. 

Always a bit of a shame when the site has an issue such as this, though not a disaster, I'd put it somewhere between an inconvenience & irritation.

On the "every cloud" department, the Main & Mini overlaid by about £1,000 due to the issues. Win some, lose some.  

• edited January 2016

THIS ONGOING PROBLEM WITH LAG DOES SEEM TO BE A SKY SYSTEM PROBLEM
      AS I WOULD HAVE LAG BUT HAVE OTHER WINDOWS OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS
      I HAVE UPGRADED TO BETTER LAPTOP UPGRADED TO SKY FIBRE (38 MP DOWN
      10 MP UP LOAD) ALSO NOW USE ETHNET CABLE WHEN I PLAY PLAYED D STACK
      & FREEROLL LAST NIGHT NO PROBLEMS  

• edited January 2016
    Sky does a RMS Titanic and the captain has his feet up watching netball. 
  • edited January 2016
    Hi All,

As Tikay has said the issues last night were "Sky" wide and not isolated to Poker. Unfortunately the nature of the product means that Poker players are the worst affected. Poker of course has a longer session length than any other product. 

If you are trying to Bet on Skybet but can't get on then it's not ideal but you are not tied down to the site. Equally if you playing a slot on Vegas you will just stop spinning. 

I can only aplogise for the issues of last night and if you were adversely affected I would ask you contact Customer Care.

Thanks
    Sam
  • edited January 2016
    Sky does a RMS Titanic and the captain has his feet up watching netball. 
    Posted by mumsie
    Hahaha, quality.
  • edited January 2016
    https://youtu.be/kZrJLV7-KJc this also happeneds most nights
    Posted by mumsie
    Yes happens often and to lots of people. I assume they have an issue here also, unless they just want to blame your computer or internet connection. I was once told by another site it was my internet connection when I lost connection in a tournament. I had a very fast computer and good internet connection and therfore able on this occasion to get back quickly and find everyone on my table was "away" and also on another 4 or 5 tables I managed to check. It's just amazing how 50 odd people from all over the world who just happen to be playing on the same poker site and poker tournament can all have faulty computers and internet connections at the same time. As I said this was not SKY, at least Sky normally say it was them.
  • edited January 2016
    Just to say it is still happening to me
  • edited January 2016
    Just to say it is still happening to me
    Posted by chiggypig
    Started happening again around 30 minutes ago for me, timing out in the iddle of a hand etc..  seems to coincide with people getting home from work and logging on 
  • edited January 2016

it is happenning to me

one card took 30 seconds to land on the table.